User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:16   #1
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
To blog, or not to blog.

Blogging.

Is it worth it?
If so, where is the best place to start?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:17   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: To blog, or not to blog.

livejournal.com is fairly popular with the youths of today.

I find blogging to be inherently dull, however, unless you're some sort of lunatic like Dante.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:17   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

What are you on about?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:28   #4
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
What are you on about?
Weblog: ie. online diary.

Dante has a link to his in his signature, if you fancy reading up on his life.

http://www.blogger.com any good?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:34   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its good if you actually have interesting stuff to say, and not just "here is what I did today".
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:35   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

arent you interested?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:37   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
its good if you actually have interesting stuff to say, and not just "here is what I did today".
This I agree with. By far the most asinine things I've posted have been on the rare occasions where I feel some commentary of my existance is required.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:43   #8
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
This I agree with. By far the most asinine things I've posted have been on the rare occasions where I feel some commentary of my existance is required.
I don't intend to list the food I ate each day, and at what time, etc..., if that's what you're suggesting.
Oh no. Mine will be a veritable well of profundity.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:58   #9
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is it only on my pc that your avatar does one 'lap' and then stands still instead of repeating?[/offtopic]
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:58   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I originally was going to do some political thing - like an extension of my forum posts here. So every day a different topic sort of thing. But I find it incredibly difficult to start things from scratch (I don't make many threads, etc) so I never got going. I'm planning to start again on that in a few weeks though.

Most of my entries are unmitigatingly shit and are the worst excesses of blogging - i.e. navel gazing which is of interest to 2/3 people. Also, even on a really rubbish level you're restricted from what you say if a lot of your acquaintences read it (which I wanted to avoid).

So basically it depends. I'm happy with my current one although it's shit. I'm hoping to do a political/philosophical one. My housemate has one mainly dedicated to discussing drugs. Another girl mainly seems to list the dozens of men she gets involved with. If you've got a worthwhile theme it could be good.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:59   #11
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
is it only on my pc that your avatar does one 'lap' and then stands still instead of repeating?[/offtopic]
nah, it does that every minute or so
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:02   #12
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

A blog seems like a cool idea to me, but I rarely have anything interesting to say, and when I do, I can't express myself and I certainly wouldn't want my friends to read it
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:02   #13
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Damn, that's pretty annoying. I'll try and sort it.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:03   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i just assumed it was meant to go round and round like http://i.1asphost.com/1X1X1X/him2.gif

now back to the blog discussion...
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:08   #15
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
i just assumed it was meant to go round and round like http://i.1asphost.com/1X1X1X/him2.gif

now back to the blog discussion...
It is. And coincidentally, I just uploaded it to my personal 1asphost site. Strange.

http://aa.1asphost.com/Boogieland/him1.gif
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:10   #16
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I originally was going to do some political thing - like an extension of my forum posts here. So every day a different topic sort of thing. But I find it incredibly difficult to start things from scratch (I don't make many threads, etc) so I never got going. I'm planning to start again on that in a few weeks though.

Most of my entries are unmitigatingly shit and are the worst excesses of blogging - i.e. navel gazing which is of interest to 2/3 people. Also, even on a really rubbish level you're restricted from what you say if a lot of your acquaintences read it (which I wanted to avoid).

So basically it depends. I'm happy with my current one although it's shit. I'm hoping to do a political/philosophical one. My housemate has one mainly dedicated to discussing drugs. Another girl mainly seems to list the dozens of men she gets involved with. If you've got a worthwhile theme it could be good.
Yours is written really well. I actually quite enjoyed it when I read it.

I'm just going to write what ever comes to mind. Hopefully it won't be too boring.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:20   #17
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
It is. And coincidentally, I just uploaded it to my personal 1asphost site. Strange.

http://aa.1asphost.com/Boogieland/him1.gif
it's set to play once, rather than repeat indefinitely
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:24   #18
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
it's set to play once, rather than repeat indefinitely
How do I change it?

Last edited by Boogster; 22 Jul 2004 at 22:40.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:29   #19
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
How do I change it?`
either load it into something that can edit animations (I use Jasc Animation Shop 3), and look for a global property called looping, or save time and just use the one I fixed
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:31   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1-X is too helpful. I doubt he's human to be honest.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:41   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: To blog, or not to blog.

Speaking of busted avatars: Dante, yours doesn't seem to display some the time. Did you upload it or is it being hosted on some dodgy commie website?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:42   #22
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Boogster, first of all, I have no idea what your avatar is, or why its so scary, but its way cool.

I'd blog if you have something you think someone else will find interesting. I find people that do interesting things and have interesting jobs interesting. Like pilots or bikers or what not.

I suppose most people find what they write is interesting because they'd write something they'd read themselves. I don't write anything because I fidn it interesting but I don't because I'm somewhat indecisive.

But if you a message, make it heard, don't just make it about your dull boring life, if thats what you rlife is, make it about your fun, exciting and different life!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:44   #23
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
But if you a message, make it heard, don't just make it about your dull boring life, if thats what you rlife is, make it about your fun, exciting and different life!
ie. Lie imaginatively. \o/
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:48   #24
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I did not say that. But I make no comment.

As long as its funny, it should be ok. Kind of a like Muslim's posts, except they're real, yours don't have to be.

I suggest e/n's on GBS on SA as well because I love reading about their lives. Its like Trisha online
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:53   #25
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Speaking of busted avatars: Dante, yours doesn't seem to display some the time. Did you upload it or is it being hosted on some dodgy commie website?
I thought when you set your avatar, it was copied across into planetarion hosting?

if not, I could change the avatars of lots of people
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 23:28   #26
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: To blog, or not to blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I thought when you set your avatar, it was copied across into planetarion hosting?
If you go with the upload option then I'm sure it is copied; if you go the type-in-the-url route then maybe not.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 03:40   #27
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I found Dante's livejournal mildly repelling but nevertheless relatively entertaining.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 03:54   #28
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i had one going for three weeks so people on another forum (who i like) could follow my journey as i travelled eastern europe, updating it from net cafes. it was good because they actually read it and left comments and it wasnt all boring crap. if you're going to put boring crap in it, dont bother, no one will read it.