User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 May 2006, 19:20   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
Delay Production Cov Op

I think a covert operation to delay production would be nice. It'd really make cov ops worth researching. Like cats with 14 million each stocked, who spend 2 million and say they'll kill your fleet. You cov op them and their ships come late!
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 20:02   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Delay Production Cov Op

Sounds good to me. Building ships for incoming sucks anyway.
Unread 3 May 2006, 20:03   #3
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

I am not a big fan of cov ops generally (I am a security centre kind of man ) But as far as cov ops go this seems quite useful. Would it work on ships already in production? or ships ordered after the cov op. And how long do you intend the delayed production last for?
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 20:14   #4
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

bad idea, people save up their resources for a good and valid reason.

why would you punish people for playing smart?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 20:19   #5
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

This would make production on an engineering priority kinda useless, and worth much less than the other bonuses.

Plus, what Stifler said.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 20:29   #6
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
bad idea, people save up their resources for a good and valid reason.

why would you punish people for playing smart?
Good point, but if you don't build security centres and you choose to horde resources then you will be in trouble anyway? I am a resource saver myself, but the idea of this cov op really doesn't worry me since I have immunity from them. bleh.
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 20:33   #7
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

If they dont have immunity they will get resources stolen etc, but why make them get roided as well?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 21:55   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is one of the less retarded cov-op ideas, given that it doesn't allow you to blow up the target's planet. However, I still don't think it's a particularly good idea for the reasons that Stifler said.
Unread 7 May 2006, 11:04   #9
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

As said, you can also steal someone's resources if he doesn't do anything about it. That's a punishment for being "smart" as well. The problem with this resources-saving up thing, is that smaller people can hardly attack bigger ones with more roids, because they are likely to have enough resources stocked to counter him. If they really need to do it then I say we could make it a bit harder.

Defence is a variable thing, it's not always there. The resources remain at the planet until someone attacks the res-stocking guy. In other words, the first one to attack hardly has any chance to get through. So it'll discourage people to attack it. I know it's the entire purpose of those people, but when you attack a big planet that has 14M each stocked, (yes I've seen one of those) then you can forget about those roids. I want to give the attacker a chance as well.

Doing this cov op should be quite hard. It should delay ships in production with about half the efficiency of research delay. Meaning one cov op won't do more delay than one tick.
Unread 13 May 2006, 18:13   #10
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

kick (don't know if it's allowed, but hey. someone needs to look at it )
Unread 23 May 2006, 16:39   #11
mylove
protegee

mylove is an unknown quantity at this point

in itself it sounds like a great idea but i think it will need a trial round before it becomes a perminant option