User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 10 Sep 2005, 03:56   #1
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
structure killers

hi.

didnt know where to put this thread, so just move it if it doesnt fit here.

This round i couldnt be that active so i am aiming for killing 1up scanners.
I got plenty str. killer and wave those buggers each night.

I noticed that it is clearly no "Laplace" chance for each construction.
If my target has 3 factories, 2 research labs and 55 amps.
Each of this 60 constructions should have a chance of p=1/60 to be destroyed.
But its allways the case that i destroy 2 factories, 1 research lab and 2-3 amps.
It was the case in all of my ~15-20 landings i had this round.

Shouldnt each construction have the same, equal chance to be destroyed?

Unread 10 Sep 2005, 04:05   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: structure killers

Well, the way it works is based on the number of types of constructions - ie, there were Light, Medium and Heavy Factories, Research Labs and Amps. Thus, killing an amp occurs with a 1/5 probability as amps only account for one fifth of all the types of constructions.

Its a bit silly i know, and it means that factories tend to take the most hits, but yeah :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 04:05   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Oh, and the Search function on these forums is actually quite useful :\
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 04:11   #4
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

congratz sov... u stated the status quo.

but i want it changed \o/
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 04:27   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

why?
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 10:19   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I was told last round that it would be fixed but it seems it hasn't been fixed.

I feel betrayed.

Betrayed!
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 13:28   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Are you sure it wasnt put onto the 'todo list' mate? .
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 20:34   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Maybe.

The betrayal is still felt though!
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 14:26   #9
genosse27
Hamburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Maybe.

The betrayal is still felt though!
i can feel the pain too : /
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 15:19   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Kal's todo list of things to fix in PA is longer than my playboy bunnies todo list..
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 22:33   #11
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough
no more structure killing

hmm.. change structure kill to damage only (u have to repair ur structure) e.g with 50% damage on light factory,u get like 50% of production only and u have to repair it if u wanna utilize ur structure again ( abit annoy but hey its just a suggestion and discussion , feel free to discuss) ^.^
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 04:17   #12
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

I was under the impression that this was setup intentionally. It doesn't require a "Fix"

I think further discussion should focus on the "Why" it should be changed.

I favor status quo, it increases the chances that you kill something worthwhile and make SK's part of long term strategy.