User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Sep 2012, 05:24   #1
Chro
back from the dead

Chro is an unknown quantity at this point
eta5 all ships in galaxy??

why was sending within galaxy changed to all eta5??
Chro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 05:56   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: eta5 all ships in galaxy??

I'm not entirely sure because we're talking about many years ago here, but I assume it was done to reduce fi/co's advantage over fr/de and cr/bs, and fr/de's advantage over cr/bs.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 08:25   #3
Chro
back from the dead

okay thanks ... i thought that since you need alot (or did) of fi/co vs frigs, cruisers, etc made up for the low eta
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 09:58   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, all the classes are roughly equally strong these days, barring ETA advantages and ****ups in the stats.

It's been like this since at least round 16, and probably since the start of PAX.

An additional benefit is that it gives everyone 4 hours in which to check if they want to land, as opposed to 3 or even just 2, assuming CR had eta 5 ingal, FR eta 4 and FI eta 3, back in the day.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 13:37   #5
Chro
back from the dead

well as an attacker yes i agree it's alot nicer lol but as a defender having only that one tick to send in or to prelaunch at which tick isn't so nice ... personally i would prefer the old system so have more time to defend but everyones different i guess
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 14:11   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I've played every round and I don't recall in gal eta being anything other than 5. I could be wrong but I do honestly believe it's been eta 5 since the beginning. I don't see any particular advantage in varying the ingal eta based on class, the current system works well to create a limited sense of geography and allow a strong incentive to work with your galaxy. This being said of course there are better forms of geography that PA could consider, but it won't happen with the game in it's current form.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 14:31   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"That other game" had 3/4/5 ingal ETA. I didn't think they'd innovated in any way over the pre-PAX system, but could this be an exception?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 16:06   #8
Chro
back from the dead

i hadn't played for like around 9 years up until i think about 4 days ago hehe so no clue here
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 13:38   #9
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

If you were to reduce ingal def ETA it should be like eta 2 for fi/co 3 for fr/de 4 for bs/cr, would have more epic crashes that way!
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 14:16   #10
Chro
back from the dead

it used to be one more then you said for each ... eta3 fi/co 4 fr/de 5 bs/cr ... which you had to use a cr*p load of fi/co vs fr and yeah forget about sending those in if it was a bs so big ships scare away low eta def or they need alot of it so it did make things fair and worked well but as an attacker having this system i guess would outway the less chance of being able to defend in time ... i think i like this better