User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Feb 2005, 10:08   #1
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve
[Discuss] more payment methods needed

most younger players dont have access to credit or debit cards so they are forced to ask there parents, which usually ends up in a no. so wat about giving us the option to pay through 3rd party companies like paypal. i understand there is a transaction cost but the person using the service could possibly pay half of the cost. think about how much more money you guys could make

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 11:08   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: more payment methods needed

the problem with a lot of the other payment methods is high setup costs or issues with fraud, I will poke jolt again though to get a full reason.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 15:19   #3
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

the problem with paypal, as i recall, is that someone e-mailed them with some questions and then didn't bother chasing it up when there was no reply...

-mist
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 16:29   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I seems to remember we used to suport things like Spash Plastic cards. Whatever happened to them?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 20:10   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I want to pay with monopoly money..!!
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 00:01   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I want to pay with monopoly money..!!
The problem with that is...if we let you pay with it...then everyone will want to :/ and we will have to let them in the intrests of good customer relations, but then we don't actually make any money and so close down.

.: It's not such the groovy idea it seems

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 13:08   #7
madman2k30III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
I seems to remember we used to suport things like Spash Plastic cards. Whatever happened to them?
yeah i remember splash plastic it was great way of paying for stuff if you had no debit credit cards! all you had to do was go around to a corner shop and put a fiver on your card. then you could use it for anything

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]

Unread 23 Mar 2005, 16:57   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Discuss] more payment methods needed

I think if Paypal could be poked a bit, it'd be a great idea. It's recognised and trusted on the internet, and i don't see why Jolt don't find it acceptable? (as far as I know, there's not a huge cost from using it?)
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 17:17   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

CAn't we just transfer somethign 2 a bankaccount

and risk that its get stolen again

Its better then what we can do now
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 17:39   #10
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Paypal has gotten a lot bad press for some of their practices, Jolt may not want to deal with them for that reason.

You might want to look at these alternative. Those without cards would still need to have someone send the money via CC. But that should be simple enough. Give em cas and ask them to send it to your account.

https://www.epassporte.com
http://www.ikobo.com

If all else fails give a buddy that plays some extra cash to buy you a credit.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 15:44   #11
madman2k30III

paypal aint the only online payment system there are loads we could use! y cant we use other cards like switch and meastro

[F-Crew]

Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:18   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

switch/meastro is accepted as is Visa Electron card. And obviously Visa's new Debit Card that some banks are replacing Switch and Electron cards with are accepted anywhere that takes Visa Credit Cards.

Certainly in the UK anyone whos playing this game shouldnt have a problem getting a Debit Card if they have a bank account as theres no risk to the bank as you arent borrowing money with a debit card as it can only take money thats in your account not more (and even if you dont have one you could go and open one and just debit enough for an account in it before a round starts)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 00:46   #13
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

if i was jolt i'd be more worried about getting the money into my bank account then about paypal's bad press (haven't heard anything about them though - what did paypal do ?)
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 08:08   #14
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Cost way to much to make a profit.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 12:00   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

jolt are redoing their payment systems at some point, though I don;t know if new methods will be part of that or not - will keep you posted when I know more.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 23:53   #16
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold

There seems to be a gap here that isn't being filled. Having played when Planetarion was free, I had to quit playing due to my lack of "plastic."

What is wrong with money orders? I can see personal checks being well out of the question, but is it too much work, or too expensive, to accept money orders?

A game that limits its pay options to major credit cards, is really cutting out a large chunk of buisness. I play another space related game, currently rated just below WoW, and they do infact allow their players to use money orders. So, guess who gets my money?

Let me pay with Money orders!!! This free account buisness is for the birds.