User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 08:20   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
MS Word: Images not saved into document

I'm using Word 97 here (don't ask) and I have a tiny problem with images: they won't be stored in the document.
Every morning when I reopen the document I have a number of nice red crosses in my document. This is rather crap because when I want to distribute the document no one can see the neat images I made.
Is there a way to force Word to store the image's binaries in the document? Is there a setting or something for this that I'm overlooking?
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 09:40   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: MS Word: Images not saved into document

I think there's an option to dynamicly link to images instead of storing them in the document (ie. if you altered the image source file, those changes would be reflected in Word).
However, I'm not sure where it is or if it is actually a part of Word - it may well be Publisher I'm thinking of... and that doesn't really explain why it keeps losing the images.

To sum up: I'm not being terribly helpful
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 13:12   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Yes, found it... it was in the "insert image" dialog. However, the option of linking is off by default. I now ticked it and also ticked the other option of "store image in document" (or something along those lines). I will find out tomorrow morning if it helped.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 21:33   #4
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I'm using Word 97 here (don't ask)
I don't understand, I've only recently stopped using 97 (switched to openoffice), and I've never seen a big difference between 97 and XP (which I used at school). But then again, I never used any "advanced" options.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 11:31   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
I don't understand, I've only recently stopped using 97 (switched to openoffice), and I've never seen a big difference between 97 and XP (which I used at school). But then again, I never used any "advanced" options.
The difference is indeed in the "advanced" stuff. I'm also considering switching to OpenOffice when I have the time for that.
The problem was solved with an update from the MS site though, as well as a few other problems.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 17:00   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

the macro language has significant changes (my XP macros die in 97) and XP is prettier