User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jul 2004, 21:32   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
At Least We've Managed To Hand Over Power Without Damaging Iraqi Culture

When I first heard allawi talk i immediately hated him.

But this makes me think maybe i misjudged him.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 22:51   #2
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: At Least We've Managed To Hand Over Power Without Damaging Iraqi Culture

Regardless of whether his actions could be considered 'right' or moral, I think someone needs a toughness like that to be able to handle the position that he has.

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 22:52   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ends justifying the means and all that.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 22:53   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

lol, I can just imagine bush doing that.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 23:13   #5
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
lol, I can just imagine bush doing that.
Why'd you need to imagine it?
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 01:35   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

It'll be even funnier in ten years when he invades Kuwait.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 01:38   #7
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
And the world goes round and round....

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 13:35   #8
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
he won't be in power in 10 years will he? it'll be his tard son or something probably.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 15:28   #9
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
he won't be in power in 10 years will he? it'll be his tard son or something probably.
i wouldnt be surprised if bush fiddles with the election system, allowing him to serve an unlimited term as emperor
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 15:28   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
When I first heard allawi talk i immediately hated him.

But this makes me think maybe i misjudged him.
puppet
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 20:50   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
i wouldnt be surprised if bush fiddles with the election system, allowing him to serve an unlimited term as emperor
You have a very vivid imagination then. The concept of George Bush serving more than two terms through fiddling with the election system strikes me as quite ridiculous frankly. More on topic if Allawi killed those men after a fair trial I would have nothing against him, politicians with a more intimate knowledge of the death penalty are probably going to be better able to make decisions concerning it's use. If he just shot them with no prior trial having a murderer as your prime minister isn't exactly going to boost tourism.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:09   #12
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You have a very vivid imagination then. The concept of George Bush serving more than two terms through fiddling with the election system strikes me as quite ridiculous frankly.
I think he's talking about Allawi as emperor
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:11   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
I think he's talking about Allawi as emperor
My mistake then. That's significantly less ridiculous (although a life-term in a supposedly democratic country would still be rather unlikely in my opinion).
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:12   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If he just shot them with no prior trial having a murderer as your prime minister isn't exactly going to boost tourism.
Damn. And id just cancelled my 2 weeks in Benidorm so i could visit Falluja.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:20   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
My mistake then. That's significantly less ridiculous (although a life-term in a supposedly democratic country would still be rather unlikely in my opinion).
Only the GWB interpretation makes any sense, because there isn't anything to CHANGE if we're going with the Iraq interpretation.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:23   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

Maybe zar misinterpreted what vampire lestat said about invading Kuwait?
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:32   #17
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Too much misinterpretations! Let's start all over again!
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 14:04   #18
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

i think it's fair to say i was right (in whatever i said).
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 14:50   #19
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
You have a very vivid imagination then. The concept of George Bush serving more than two terms through fiddling with the election system strikes me as quite ridiculous frankly. More on topic if Allawi killed those men after a fair trial I would have nothing against him, politicians with a more intimate knowledge of the death penalty are probably going to be better able to make decisions concerning it's use. If he just shot them with no prior trial having a murderer as your prime minister isn't exactly going to boost tourism.
it was a tongue and cheek statement jonny (and i was talking about gwb) stop taking everything i say so seriously - i do have some sense of humour locked up in my conspiracy world you know! (for the record i do not sincerely believe that bush would install himself as emperor)

i dont believe being a politician you have a more intimate knowledge of the death penalty. I dont think anyone on this planet as a more intimate knowledge than anybody else, considering no one has ever been dead and continued living (im not counting near death experiences, or resuscitation - just assume dead people dont come back alive). Then again im completely against the death penalty, so we're arguing on the merits of capital punishment more than anything else here
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 18:01   #20
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

I'm just interested in whether there's any truth to the report or not. I mean, there is no supporting evidence, just vague statements like "7 prisoners" and "witnesses". No author of the report, no names of the executed, and the deeply suspicious "Seven prisoners were brought out. Six were shot in the head and died. One was wounded, the report said." One was WOUNDED? why didn't they finish the ****ing job?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, it just seems rather odd that a politician went to all the trouble of personally executing 6 men, failed to actually kill another, and then kept it quiet. If he had done it, I would expect it to be a show of strength, but the lack of media attention aside from an NBC report seems out of place. Otherwise, I'd expect it would have been more prudent to have the men killed while remaining at a "safe distance" from the entire affair.
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 18:17   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And it'll be Jeb vs Kuwait btw.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 20:35   #22
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
I'm just interested in whether there's any truth to the report or not. I mean, there is no supporting evidence,
"The two witnesses were independently and separately found by the Herald. Neither approached the newspaper. They were interviewed on different days in a private home in Baghdad, without being told the other had spoken. A condition of the co-operation of each man was that no personal information would be published.

Both interviews lasted more than 90 minutes and were conducted through an interpreter, with another journalist present for one of the meetings. The witnesses were not paid for the interviews."
Quote:
just vague statements like "7 prisoners" and "witnesses". No author of the report,
Paul McGeough of the Sydney Morning Herald
Quote:
no names of the executed,
"The Herald has established the names of three of the prisoners alleged to have been killed. Two names connote ties to Syrian-based Arab tribes, suggesting they were foreign fighters: Ahmed Abdulah Ahsamey and Amer Lutfi Mohammed Ahmed al-Kutsia.

The third was Walid Mehdi Ahmed al-Samarrai. The last word of his name indicates that he was one of the two said to come from Samarra, which is in the Sunni Triangle.

The three names were provided to the Interior Ministry, where senior adviser Sabah Khadum undertook to provide a status report on each. He was asked if they were prisoners, were they alive or had they died in custody.

But the next day he cut short an interview by hanging up the phone, saying only: "I have no information - I don't want to comment on that specific matter.""
Quote:
and the deeply suspicious "Seven prisoners were brought out. Six were shot in the head and died. One was wounded, the report said." One was WOUNDED? why didn't they finish the ****ing job?
he ran out of bullets? seems the silliest question possible. anyway,

"The witnesses said seven prisoners had been brought out to the courtyard, but the last man in the line was only wounded - in the neck, said one witness; in the chest, said the other."
Quote:
I'm not saying it didn't happen, it just seems rather odd that a politician went to all the trouble of personally executing 6 men, failed to actually kill another, and then kept it quiet. If he had done it, I would expect it to be a show of strength, but the lack of media attention aside from an NBC report seems out of place. Otherwise, I'd expect it would have been more prudent to have the men killed while remaining at a "safe distance" from the entire affair.
"Before the shootings, the 58-year-old Prime Minister is said to have told the policemen they must have courage in their work and that he would shield them from any repercussions if they killed insurgents in the course of their duty.

The witnesses said the Iraqi police observers were "shocked and surprised". But asked what message they might take from such an act, one said: "Any terrorists in Iraq should have the same destiny. This is the new Iraq.

"Allawi wanted to send a message to his policemen and soldiers not to be scared if they kill anyone - especially, they are not to worry about tribal revenge. He said there would be an order from him and the Interior Ministry that all would be fully protected.

"He told them: 'We must destroy anyone who wants to destroy Iraq and kill our people.'

"At first they were surprised. I was scared - but now the police seem to be very happy about this. There was no anger at all, because so many policemen have been killed by these criminals.""

k?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote