User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:06   #1
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
How do I get this bottle open?

I'm having a really bad day guys. I probably failed a major exam today, and I've bought a nice bottle of wine. But upon trying to open it, my bottle-opener-thingy failed, and broke (They just don't make good tools any more these days ).

Here is a picture: http://flayer.toker.be/stuff/bottle.jpg I couldn't get it good into focus because my camera sucks .
Obviously, I have two left hands. But is there anything around the house that I can use to open this malicious bottle anyway?

Thanks!
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:08   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: How do I get this bottle open?

If it's cork then there's no hope.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:09   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How do I get this bottle open?

Swiss Army Knives have corkscrews.

Failing that , a solid edge and a little bit of spillage when the top breaks off.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:12   #4
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

There's no space any more in the cork for another corkscrew, and the other one is stuck in there
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:12   #5
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts

Try hacking away at it with a knife for a bit.Good luck Sir.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:13   #6
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

pliers (sp?) get a grip on whats left of the screw and pull maybe
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:14   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
There's no space any more in the cork for another corkscrew, and the other one is stuck in there
Use a pair of pliars to pull out that corkscrew (twist it as usual). If that alone doesn't pull out the cork, at least you can put another corkscrew in.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:16   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Place it between your **** lips and twist.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:20   #9
Flayer
Wankoverable

I don't have pliars handy here (In my dorm).
Might go and borrow some though
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:28   #10
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't have pliars handy here (In my dorm).
if pliers can't get it out, maybe ask chaka demus instead*

*I'll get my coat
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:29   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: How do I get this bottle open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Place it between your **** lips and twist.
A practical solution for an everyday problem.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:50   #12
Flexium
Professional lazy man

Flexium is an unknown quantity at this point

push the cork in the bottle,
or
with a piece of rope u could try and pull the cork out (tied to the rest of the screw),
or
i've heard u could try and bang the bottle-end to a wall (without breaking it) and the cork should come out.. never tried it though

hope this helps...
Flexium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:54   #13
Flayer
Wankoverable

Success! I borrowed some pliers, got the old screw out and used a new one to get the cork out!

Thanks guys.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 21:37   #14
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: How do I get this bottle open?

Damnit I just wanted to suggest to lever(age) the thingy out there using a knife or some stick, or whatever, but HEY, good thing you got it out.
Really annoying that must've been...
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 21:38   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's a spiral, you should have been able to negotiate it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 22:06   #16
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I've drank half a bottle of vodka, rang an ex, listened to a modest mouse track (a different city) and least 20 times.

I guess that's a soultion.

And you really should have a cork screw, and know how to use it by now.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 00:34   #17
Flayer
Wankoverable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
And you really should have a cork screw, and know how to use it by now.
Dude I had one, but it just broke off (bad quality of steel/iron/whatever)
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:11   #18
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexium
the bottle-end to a wall (without breaking it) and the cork should come out.. never tried it though
That sound like it'd only work if there were no hole in the cork so the resulting pressure build up could pop it out.

something simular to a water hammer effect, which interestingly can be demonstrated in other interesting ways. If you get a bottle of drink in a glass bottle that still has those vacum sealed metal caps on top, bang the top of the bottle against the flat of your hand to hear a snapping sound. The other is fun if you want to be a bastard at the pub/bar bang the bottom of your beer bottle ontop of theirs, instant beer volcano \o/
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:21   #19
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
That sound like it'd only work if there were no hole in the cork so the resulting pressure build up could pop it out.

something simular to a water hammer effect, which interestingly can be demonstrated in other interesting ways. If you get a bottle of drink in a glass bottle that still has those vacum sealed metal caps on top, bang the top of the bottle against the flat of your hand to hear a snapping sound. The other is fun if you want to be a bastard at the pub/bar bang the bottom of your beer bottle ontop of theirs, instant beer volcano \o/
surely this doesn't work with a bottle of wine because its not pressurised.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:36   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
surely this doesn't work with a bottle of wine because its not pressurised.
It may not need to be, the water hammer compresses the fluid causing a temporary build up of pressure, it likely wouldn't be enough but maybe if you hit it a certain way that maximises the amount of compression.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:42   #21
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
It may not need to be, the water hammer compresses the fluid causing a temporary build up of pressure, it likely wouldn't be enough but maybe if you hit it a certain way that maximises the amount of compression.
it was a bottle of cheap white plonk, hardly any dimple in the bottom (not like the old days) with a natural cork hence a slow but present gas diffusion.

i fear not.

EDIT: in case you worry i made my assumptions from the photo. a light beige top indicates white, note how there is a circle free from the top, this means a plastic top with a small circle of metal once existed, the metal removed. thus a new world wine definately and most likely a cheap bottle too (note the green ink marking that was machine stamped).
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:19   #22
Flayer
Wankoverable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
it was a bottle of cheap white plonk, hardly any dimple in the bottom (not like the old days) with a natural cork hence a slow but present gas diffusion.

i fear not.

EDIT: in case you worry i made my assumptions from the photo. a light beige top indicates white, note how there is a circle free from the top, this means a plastic top with a small circle of metal once existed, the metal removed. thus a new world wine definately and most likely a cheap bottle too (note the green ink marking that was machine stamped).
You win! It was a 3,5€ white wine from luxembourg

It's empty now though.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:23   #23
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

What you need is a pig with a hard on. They have nobs like corkscrews and that will do the trick in this situation.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:57   #24
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
What you need is a pig with a hard on. They have nobs like corkscrews and that will do the trick in this situation.
I can't be coincidence that I thought of using a penis to open the bottle right before I opened this thread. I must be psychic or something.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 17:57   #25
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

dirty minds think alike.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 18:08   #26
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

To be honest pushing the cork into the bottle is always the easiest way of doing it if you dont have a bottle opener.

Its the "underage-drinker-whos-just-stolen-a-€3-bottle-of-crap-from-an-off-licence" way.