User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2004, 11:38   #251
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Election 2004.

The $ has been devaluing due to the US's huuge current account deficit.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 11:50   #252
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
The $ has been devaluing due to the US's huuge current account deficit.
which sooner or later will cause a lot of inflation and global chaos.

edit: oh and here is some link about how he spends money he really doesnt have:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/04/bu...partner=rssnyt

Last edited by wu_trax; 4 Nov 2004 at 12:40.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 14:34   #253
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
Talking Re: Election 2004.

great, my candidate won.
Bush is fantastic, he is funny and incompetent.
I think the next move from the administration should be to abolish the law that prevents a president of serving more than 2 terms.

hooray, bush for life!!!!

USA USA USA!!!!

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 14:59   #254
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle
I think the next move from the administration should be to abolish the law that prevents a president of serving more than 2 terms.
I agree.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 15:07   #255
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts

after that the administration should bring a new bill to the congress which would exactly determine the succession of president Bush.
The presidency should be limited to the royal family of bush. The next male heirs are Jeb and his son George prescott. Of course by the time George II dies, Jeb would be to old to become king ehhh.... I mean president. So George Prescott will be George III . That would be very fortunate because of Prescotts latino heritage and the fact that by the time he is the ruler, 50% of the US population will be latino.

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 15:09   #256
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Your previous post was much better than that last one
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 16:38   #257
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Election 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinBrahm
Of course, that is the midwest. I don't dabble in the coasts.
People in the Midwest are generally friendly and affable. What are you doing there?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 19:00   #258
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
it already did happen to some extend. the euro was worth 80 us-cent a while ago, now its at $1.20. the dollar used to be worth more than 130 yen, now its 105-110 yen. the same happened against most other currencies.
whats the result? usually inflation, but wages cant rise that much, because the us-economy isnt all that competitive when it comes to producing things.
im not sure what will happen, but i doubt that it goes on like this forever. i was really surprised about the recovery in the last year.
that will turn the whole world into chaos. (together with bush crussade against the worlds evil)
I don't think you quite understand what I mean by devaluing, economic xchange rates are just exchange rates not actual devaluing, I suggest you look up what happened to that silly named russian currency, and the Pound back when we decimalised.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 19:08   #259
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
which sooner or later will cause a lot of inflation and global chaos.

edit: oh and here is some link about how he spends money he really doesnt have:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/04/bu...partner=rssnyt
It's still not a huge problem yet and it would be less so if the Asian countries stopped buying US$ to hold the currency up and allowed it to naturally adjust, I agree though it is increasing in importance. A huge devaluation in the next 5 years can still be avoided if Bush grows a back bone and hammers through the structural changes needed in the US to increase household saving, prepare workers in declining industries to get jobs in the new economy and reduce protectionism as well as applying pressure to it's trading partners to open their own markets to US service exports.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 19:22   #260
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I don't think you quite understand what I mean by devaluing, economic xchange rates are just exchange rates not actual devaluing, I suggest you look up what happened to that silly named russian currency, and the Pound back when we decimalised.
What on Earth are you on about ? The problem in Russian wasn't to do with the devaluation itself, it was to do with the crisis surrounding it, the problem lay with pegged exchange rates something the US doesn't have to worry about, speculators lost confidence in the Russia because of political instability and lax fiscal policy (Despite lax fiscal policy capital markets still see the US as a safe haven) they began to expect a devaluation of the Russian currency in relation to the US$ meaning they would lose money, they began to flee fuelling the situation further and making a devaluation more likely, the government refused to devalue and began to run down it's reserves making the situation worse and when the devaluation eventually came it was huge. A natural devaluation in the value of the US dollar is completely different, if the dollar were devalued it would allow US goods to be more competitive in relation to foreign goods and close the deficit, much of the debt is also held in US$ so it would then be worth less. However, a devaluation of the US$ wouldn't cure the deficit problem despite what the media seems to think it would just put a cork in it for a short while and maybe give them time to deal with the structural issues. As wu_tax says any devaluation needs to be slow and steady as it will expand demand fuelling inflation which the Fed would try and contain by increasing interest rates rapidly, this in the biggest economy in the world would cause havoc in financial markets. Also don’t be such a condescending twat especially when you’re wrong.

Last edited by Hicks; 4 Nov 2004 at 19:29.
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 20:01   #261
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
if the exchange rates fall the currency sooner or later devalues, especially in a country that imports as much as the usa. the shops that sell the imported goods have to rise their prices which means inflation (and that is what i usually understand as devalueing)
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 20:09   #262
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
It's still not a huge problem yet and it would be less so if the Asian countries stopped buying US$ to hold the currency up and allowed it to naturally adjust, I agree though it is increasing in importance. A huge devaluation in the next 5 years can still be avoided if Bush grows a back bone and hammers through the structural changes needed in the US to increase household saving, prepare workers in declining industries to get jobs in the new economy and reduce protectionism as well as applying pressure to it's trading partners to open their own markets to US service exports.
if the asian centralbanks would stop buying us-bonds the usa would get into trouble aswell. bush spends too much money, so to make people lend him money interest rates would have to rise, which is also bad for the economy.
it all sounds great in theory, but i doubt the usa can get a balanced account deficit in the next few years. so far the fallen dollar didnt help them much to increase their exports.
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 20:31   #263
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle
Bush is fantastic, he is funny and incompetent.
Christ on a bike...

Personally, I'm wondering what happened to the anti-missile defense system initiative.
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 20:33   #264
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

All economics sounds great in theory
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 06:33   #265
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
Personally, I'm wondering what happened to the anti-missile defense system initiative.
If you mean the missile defense system, it is ongoing. 5 interceptor missiles are at Fort Greely, Alaska with a 6th to be installed this month. More interceptors will be placed in California by the end of the year.

Ground-based missile defense is one of the projects I am involved with.

The system may or may not work, but it pays for about 3 percent of my annual salary.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:51   #266
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 15:44   #267
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
If you mean the missile defense system, it is ongoing. 5 interceptor missiles are at Fort Greely, Alaska with a 6th to be installed this month. More interceptors will be placed in California by the end of the year.

Ground-based missile defense is one of the projects I am involved with.

The system may or may not work, but it pays for about 3 percent of my annual salary.
6. Wow.

Did they upgrade the flight package after the Vandenberg fiasco?
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 22:44   #268
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

There are an awful lot more loud, unfriendly people on this board than I once thought, especially when America is the subject of conversation.
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 00:15   #269
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
6. Wow.

Did they upgrade the flight package after the Vandenberg fiasco?
I have no idea. We just design the facilities for the program. We have nothing to do with the interceptors.