User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Winning Caption : 17th October 2004
Leshy - "I coached Scotland's pride, and all I got was this lousy wat...hm, Gute Zeiten Slechte Zeiten is almost on." 12 21.43%
Incubus God - "Oh for ****s sake! It's a fake rolex, it was hardly worth killing him over. I think I've been in Scotland too long..." 6 10.71%
Skiddy - No pulse, no rhythm, no timing. This wrist is like my team plays. 19 33.93%
Phang - I'll get you next time, Gadget. Next time! 19 33.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 21:42   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Poll] The Friday Caption Contest

Ok folks. This is the thread for the poll. Captions are currently being chosen by this weeks 4 lucky contestants, Leshy , LHC , NB3 & Flayer.

For reference , the judges did not know the identity of any of the other judges until after they had chosen.

In case youve forgotten , This was this weeks picture to caption.

Voting Ends Midnight on Thursday. Meantime , feel free to PM me your suggestions for a source pic for next weeks contest.
In his zeal to discover the Snark

Last edited by Kurashima; 17 Oct 2004 at 21:48.
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 22:17   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Friday Caption Contest

are you taking PM's for next weeks caption?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 22:24   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
are you taking PM's for next weeks caption?
Im taking PM's for images to put up for next weeks caption, yes.
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 22:44   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Friday Caption Contest

I abstain, on the grounds that all the above captions are of equal quality. (Which is to say, poor.)
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:04   #5
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Voting skiddy to spite scoland fans
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:09   #6
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
Voting skiddy to spite scoland fans
Voted Skiddy as well - becase DM did and he's my role model.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:13   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Editors Note : All captions are taking the piss out of Scotland fans since theyre relating to Berti Vogts.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:22   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have to say that I don't like any of the captions particularly. I mean, normally I'd roll over backwards and fellate Leshy at the first available opportunity, but dudes this shit just ain't funny. It is, in fact, 'whack'.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 01:44   #9
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

voted for phang cos its the only one which is slightly different to the rest

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 02:01   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't expect to get nominated as I didn't even give it any effort, but I voted for myself nevertheless.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 02:09   #11
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Leshy's caption is quite amusing.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 04:49   #12
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I abstain, on the grounds that all the above captions are of equal quality. (Which is to say, poor.)
Ditto, I told you that 4 wouldn't be enough Kura.

(Seems like pabbeh agrees too)
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 10:19   #13
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm

Sunday in "I Told You So" shock horror :eek:
We shall remember them.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 12:46   #14
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I didn't expect to get nominated as I didn't even give it any effort, but I voted for myself nevertheless.
Well I nominated it because "gute zeiten, slechte zeiten" made me laugh Reminds me of the nazis
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 13:40   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:

I said at the start that 4 random individuals would be chosen and their 4 choices would go up. They may not be the ones that certain others find funny, but whats to say that when their time comes round in the random draw, others wont find what theyve chosen funny.

End of the day, if you think the entries on the thread arent funny enough, try and do better
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 14:13   #16
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought there were at least 3 other captions funnier than those nominated

this contest should be "which of this week's captions is funniest?" but it's "which of the 4 choices made by random people do you most agree with?"

isn't there some dormant board feature that allows posts to be voted on, a five star rating thing? I know it's an extreme longshot but if that could be enabled in a thread, the shortlist would be obvious and much fairer.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 14:20   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh, a scottish football caption, how wonderfully inclusive
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 15:32   #18
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I thought there were at least 3 other captions funnier than those nominated

this contest should be "which of this week's captions is funniest?" but it's "which of the 4 choices made by random people do you most agree with?"

isn't there some dormant board feature that allows posts to be voted on, a five star rating thing? I know it's an extreme longshot but if that could be enabled in a thread, the shortlist would be obvious and much fairer.
Exactly, I think you are depending on the 4 randomly selected people to share the same genuine sense of humour the whole community shares in only allowing them one pick each.

You are going to have dozens of entries and the current selection process is ultimately poor, if you wish to stick to this format however I shall probably avoid it like the plague then.

There is no point participating if you do not have any faith in the selection process of picking the most genuinely funny ones you see.

How you could screw up something extremely similar to MM's system boggles my mind but I think it starts with your extreme limiting of entries...

p.s. that's 4 agreeing now, 5 if you count dilly who voted against this already. But the main problem is the 4 that are disagreeing in this thread are those that originally endorsed the plan under the impression you would spend longer formulating the presentation of it.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 15:36   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you can count me in that as well, a funny completely unrelated to football would have been better. as it is we have just phangs, which isnt particularly funny but i voted for anyway.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 15:50   #20
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
There is no point participating if you do not have any faith in the selection process of picking the most genuinely funny ones you see.
Because winning is the most important thing in an internet forum comedy contest.

Unread 18 Oct 2004, 15:54   #21
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
Because winning is the most important thing in an internet forum comedy contest.

You seem to have missed the point of this thread, I suggest you use this smilie in future
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 16:01   #22
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

To be fair there wasn't a great deal of choice. 4 was perfectly enough; any others were simply even poorer.

Last edited by LHC; 18 Oct 2004 at 16:48.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 16:06   #23
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
To be fair there wasn't a great deal of choice. 4 was perfectly enough; any others we simply even poorer.
Given you don't seem to have a full grasp of english it leads me to think you are perhaps not the perfect choice to choose candidates as you might not be able to grasp the humour of some captions.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 16:17   #24
Flayer
Wankoverable

Your entry was just not funny sunday, get over it.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 16:22   #25
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Your entry was just not funny sunday, get over it.
This isn't a *yawn* personal crusade to see my caption up there, this is a gods honest complaint shared by more than myself that the stuff selected just wasnt' funny, that there isn't enough choice and that had there been double the choice it'd of been likely they would of selected some funny.

However this morning has seemed to brought out the anti-sunday whatever the argument let's focus it on attacking sunday shitbags so I doubt arguing with you will achieve changing anything about how your monocell mind works.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 16:48   #26
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Given you don't seem to have a full grasp of english it leads me to think you are perhaps not the perfect choice to choose candidates as you might not be able to grasp the humour of some captions.
Yah

edit: Seriously, every effort was atrocious. I didn't see a single one that was particularly worthy, and if you had any more the efforts would have simply been even more appauling.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 16:50   #27
Flayer
Wankoverable

Don't you realise? The point of this contest is not winning, it's about generating funny comments. And because some caption doesn't "win" doesn't mean it's not funny and you can't laugh with it. This discussion is totally useless.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 16:52   #28
Flayer
Wankoverable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
edit: Seriously, every effort was atrocious. I didn't see a single one that was particularly worthy, and if you had any more the efforts would have simply been even more appauling.
I agree. Once again GD fails in delivering the funny. More photoshop threads again!
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 17:50   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

We set 4 and a random set of judges. How many do you think we should set? Should we let it go down the route of MM's POTW contest and allow every single entry to be voted on? Allow 20 entries, lest we fail to nominate the one that someone thinks is funniest? Should i go back to the old Agony Uncles theory, and appoint DM , JBG , Dace and Myself and just say "We think this is funny, if you dont , sod off".

Every reason so far for why this Doesnt work doesnt actually have a workable solution, just a whine because this week they didnt find things funny.

Ive got 11 PM's so far with pictures for next week's caption competition. 27 replies , 230 views and 34 votes cast. Must be something being done right.

The contest is still in its early stages, and if someone comes up with a workable idea to amend the format and make it more enjoyable, im all for moving things around till we come to a solution that all parties agree on. But nothing annoys me more than arguing why something is wrong without coming up with any way in which to fix it.

Half a dozen times.

And probably a few more after this.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 17:57   #30
Sunday8pm
Banned

Perhaps provide more poll selections of captions, a Panel of 4 should pick out their top 10 perhaps, a top 4 is very constrictive and won't meet everyone's viewpoint where other captions that might of been specific panelists 2nd or 3rd choice would of.

We are generally complaining that the selections picked did not fall into the following users top three funnies they would of picked from that thread.

You are going to have a lot of submissions for each picture you post, rounding the candidates down to just 4 without letting the majority of the community decide is rather 'american'.

We aren't all american's we prefer a great range of choice, so give us that choice, round the captions down to a minimum 10(the maximum a poll will allow), that's all we need done, we don't need them rounded down further.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 18:03   #31
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

phangs was funny
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 18:03   #32
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Perhaps provide more poll selections of captions, a Panel of 4 should pick out their top 10 perhaps, a top 4 is very constrictive and won't meet everyone's viewpoint where other captions that might of been specific panelists 2nd or 3rd choice would of.

We are generally complaining that the selections picked did not fall into the following users top three funnies they would of picked from that thread.

You are going to have a lot of submissions for each picture you post, rounding the candidates down to just 4 without letting the majority of the community decide is rather 'american'.

We aren't all american's we prefer a great range of choice, so give us that choice, round the captions down to a minimum 10(the maximum a poll will allow), that's all we need done, we don't need them rounded down further.
So , what , we allow Proportional Representation on this one?

What do we base it on , size of Ego?
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 18:07   #33
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
So , what , we allow Proportional Representation on this one?

What do we base it on , size of Ego?
No I'm suggesting that instead of using the 4 panelists to pick their 4 favourites (which is just them picking 4 favourites and we are really voting who picked the best one out of the 4 not what was the best caption really) the 4 panelists should eliminate the captions down to a pollable 10.

Say there are 17 captions, they have to choose in their opinion the worst 7 to go.

Say there are 25, they choose the best 10 to stay.

As it stands each panelist is more than likely just going to root for their favourite in a 4 caption poll process.

We should be looking at stripping down the minimum amount neccessary before it can go to poll.

It is so very ****ing simple.

(as it stands the novelty of this idea has already been ruined for me and I'll prolly file it alongside Omega's WONDERFUL threads for reading now so yah you can ignore me if you wish cause I'm too unsatisfied with how this has been rushed out to ever forgive it, I am purely debating this now to prevent a repeat with any other ideas, I was massively against MM's POTW thing, but he implemented it so perfectly that it worked for me after all, this is the complete opposite however)
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 20:31   #34
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

POTW isn't terrible, but once someone wins it isn't saved for posperity or whatever
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 22:26   #35
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I nominated it because "gute zeiten, slechte zeiten" made me laugh Reminds me of the nazis
oh the good old days...

ps: it's schlechte
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 18:30   #36
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
..and if someone comes up with a workable idea to amend the format and make it more enjoyable.
We could ban Sunday and make the entire forum more enjoyable....?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 18:33   #37
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how about changing it so he can only post once every 30 minutes?
that'd improve things a hell of a lot without needing the justification of a full ban.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 18:38   #38
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes, but 48 repetitions per day of 'Oh Caaaaaaaaaanada' would get dull and require complete deletion. At least this way, the Canadian thing is blended in with everything else and can be ignored (to a certain extent).

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 18:40   #39
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Friday Caption Contest

Quote:
I was massively against MM's POTW thing, but he implemented it so perfectly that it worked for me after all, this is the complete opposite however)
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 18:41   #40
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

leshy.
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 18:56   #41
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Enjoy the compliment, my dark lord shall make me pay for this mistake.
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 19:37   #42
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
We could ban Sunday and make the entire forum more enjoyable....?
*holds walking stick in the air*

BY THE POWER OF GREY-HAIR

I HAVE THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHRRRRRRRR!

*DM's kitten is magically transformed into a mighty vehicle capable of carrying him into battle ... a motorised stairlift*
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 19:49   #43
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
*holds walking stick in the air*

BY THE POWER OF GREY-HAIR

I HAVE THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHRRRRRRRR!

*DM's kitten is magically transformed into a mighty vehicle capable of carrying him into battle ... a motorised stairlift*
away to RP with ye.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 20:04   #44
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
away to RP with ye.
Still Banned \/
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 00:25   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Look guys democracy doesn't work. MM's system works because he said bugger you all I'm doing this myself, picked up the "ball" and ran with it. If people think there should be a caption competition then decide on one guy and get him to do everything. At least then you can blame him when it all goes catastrophically wrong and we can remain in never-never-land where we're the most enlightened, witty and amusing posters on the internet*.

*Not to say that we aren't because we are and SA can **** right back off to whatever crevice in modern society it's currently inhabiting.
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 01:05   #46
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Actually Jonny , if i had stuck to my original plan , id have chosen 4 quotes and put them up, removing all need for democracy.

I need to stop allowing GD any kind of say in something I do.
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 01:17   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Totally agree. There's a reason some people are mods and some aren't.
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 01:21   #48
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Totally agree. There's a reason some people are mods and some aren't.
Spelappee?
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 10:26   #49
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Banned from roleplay?
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 12:41   #50
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Banned from roleplay?
About 2 years ago, i believe we had a brief "incursion" into RP in response to several RP'ers coming over and being shite on GD. At that time, my access to RP was removed \o/ . Ive not actually tried going back in, but i think its still restricted. I could be wrong ......
Closed Thread