User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 6 Feb 2007, 21:59   #1
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of
Remove alliance merge system

I may get neg repped for this but personaly i see no use for this at all other then to abuse the alliance rankings. I have been discussing this with a few people from my alliance and a few others through the past hour and i think next round you should just remove this function.

1) I see no use in it other then for people to jump a few ranks in a few ticks (i see that as abuse but perhaps thats just me)

2) At the moment you can only merge upto a total of 40 members anyway. So why bother with it?

3) if alliances want to merge make them do it the hard way. They can leave the tag and wait the 70+ hour period. I of course know PA is unpredictable, you dont know what the whole round will bring. (as in wars and pollitics etc) But if an alliance decides it cant keep going due to inactivity, or the members let them down, or they just basically cant, then why should they be aloud to just click on one button and jump up the rankings passing alliances that are working hard and are making a go of it.

If people feel they need to merge they should do it via leaving tag and risking the 70+ hours.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 22:17   #2
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Remove alliance merge system

as a contrasting view, by holding to the 40 member limit, they in effect make the merge system available to do exactly what it was meant to do. help small alliance, not assist bigger ones in rank jumping
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 00:48   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Its well documented on these forums that I see the merge system as one that is used for abuse. Even when alliances claim it isn't for score I find it hard to believe that the score didn't play some part in making the decision. It may not be the only factor but I'm sure it plays a part.

However I do find myself agreeing with aNgRyDuCk for once. The system does have its place in making mergers easier for those who need it and have really thought about the merger. The change to a limit of 40 this round certainly helps promote that somewhat by removing it as an option for alot of alliances and as such removes any ability for ot to be used to gain a significant spot which you haven't really earnt or as a way of gaining a quick membership boost.

At the same time though while it will please the likes of aNgRyDuCk who have complained about mergers in the past when they have denied their alliances a rank it doesn't solve the rank problem across the board and more needs to be done about it. While for many here they may not mind what happens if its not effecting the top10 the impact a merger has at the lower end is the same as those effected by the top end. As such I strongly believe a merger should bring with it no score gain as well as having a limit like we have atm. One alliance should be the primary alliance and that's the score the new alliance has, the alliance that merges in should bring no score and thus no ranking benifits.

After all the mergers there to allow infrastructure to be improved not gain direct score. They are getting the benefit of more member and hopefully a better spread and more quality and that should be good enough for them. This should also force people to think about mergers more logically and make sure they improve the alliance as more often than not lower down its the rank increase first, quality of members and how the complement each other second

Finally I believe that in the event of a merger happening all members of both parties should have the option of ending their membership without the usual 72 hour wait. You after all choose to join the original alliance, you shouldnt be punished if the combined alliance doesn't take our fancy
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 01:15   #4
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
However I do find myself agreeing with aNgRyDuCk for once.
Oh dear... I agree with him too. Shall I start looking for a big firey hole in the ground or 4 horse men in the sky?
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 01:22   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

For the record I've gone through and sorted out all the inconsistencies - it's now as announced and the manual and ingame stuff corrected.
Otherwise, as aNgRyDuCk said, it's meant to be used for small alliances to merge.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 17:40   #6
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
For the record I've gone through and sorted out all the inconsistencies - it's now as announced and the manual and ingame stuff corrected.
Otherwise, as aNgRyDuCk said, it's meant to be used for small alliances to merge.
I understand that. But however, my point still stands about jumping up the alliance rank been an unfair advantage. I see at the moment for example we have Myth and HR. Now if they removed a few members (meaning only 2-3) and Merged, they would jump from 16th to 11th. Just because alliances outside of the top 10 are not considered 'major players' by the PA community doesnt mean its fair for them to see another alliance hop over them so easily.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 18:07   #7
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

That might be so, but there is a 'big' difference between being able to merge for victory or having to fight for it. I think merges are good to some extent (as others mentioned above), since it will help to prevent smaller alliances from collapsing.

The question might simply be what a fair merging system is (math can be your friend if you know how to use it well), you could allow merging for example, but only add half the score of the joining alliance to the other alliance its total score. Like this there are many ways of balancing out the benefit of not having to sit out 72 ticks without alliance protection.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 20:02   #8
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
well make it so only allys under an amount of score can merge that wold stop the bigger allys doing it.
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2007, 18:45   #9
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I accept angryduck's point, but as the alliances can merge the old fashioned way, and we're only two weeks into the round, I think he's missed the point a little.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote