User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:23   #1
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light
WoW - your experiences

pls share your experiences with it so far, is it great ? where you playing, with whom, etc. etc.

thinking about buying it next month
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:36   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: WoW - your experiences

I hate it.

Graphics are ugly, game play is old-fashioned, interface far from useable.

You must be really, really stupid to like this WoW.

Oh, and also, I haven´t played it either.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:37   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: WoW - your experiences

Haven't played it. Never.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:45   #4
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I took a look at it at a m8's home. It seemed addictive enough, though a sway away from online games of that nature. It is a good game. The longer you wiat, the farther behind you will be on your character. If you are going to play, start now.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:46   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Star Wars Galaxies > WoW
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:50   #6
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Eve > SWG > WoW
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:52   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
I hate it.

Graphics are ugly, game play is old-fashioned, interface far from useable.

You must be really, really stupid to like this WoW.

Oh, and also, I haven´t played it either.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:53   #8
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
Eve > SWG > WoW
Well, considering he will just be starting, Eve will do nothing for him, as the game has been going for ages. Its boring for new players. WoW is a better bet.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 12:54   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

never played it, but 3 of my mates have it, and they are all well addicted and think its really good
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:00   #10
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Comments on this Post Not needed. Is that supposed to be cool? Chika

when i have nothing to add to a certain post, but still want to state that i fully agree with the poster, i just quote without giving a useless 'punchline' to it.
kthnx
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:05   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you really have to be so ****ing petty as to scold people for simply posting that they haven't played a certain game? Jesus Christ. Get a ****ing life, etc. If comments had been seriously nasty towards the original poster, then that might have been a cause for complaint. But **** me.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:06   #12
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Well, considering he will just be starting, Eve will do nothing for him, as the game has been going for ages. Its boring for new players. WoW is a better bet.
That doesn't mean you can't be useful.

I've had a count since the beginning, but I've had long breaks and I'm way behind everyone else thats been there since the beginning, but I'm still doing cool things in it.

If you have help and guidance in eve, it doesn't matter how long you've been playing, we can put you to use
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:08   #13
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Do you really have to be so ****ing petty as to scold people for simply posting that they haven't played a certain game? Jesus Christ. Get a ****ing life, etc. If comments had been seriously nasty towards the original poster, then that might have been a cause for complaint. But **** me.
I didn't complain, I negrepped him, negrep is sort of a private system, he displayed it as public. Is it right to display reps? I have plenty. tsk tsk. Your focus is in the wrong area my friend. You let the bank robber out and cuffed the person who called it in.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:09   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

You neg repped me for simply stating that I hadn't played it. I mean, wtf.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:10   #15
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MxO > Eve > SWG > WoW
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:10   #16
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

you're 'chikaing' again.

don't

please, don't
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:10   #17
Chika

Quote:
That doesn't mean you can't be useful.

I've had a count since the beginning, but I've had long breaks and I'm way behind everyone else thats been there since the beginning, but I'm still doing cool things in it.

If you have help and guidance in eve, it doesn't matter how long you've been playing, we can put you to use
I tried it. I was in Arcain Tech. How every you spell it. The best PvPers. i even knew most of them personally. the game is to slow paced, and it takes you at least 2 weeks to be of any help. You have to really be into that game to want to continue. It doesn't grasp you, you have to grasp it. It isn't that great of a game for noobs imho.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:11   #18
KaneED
Motherfracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Whats MxO?
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:17   #19
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

1. Plays a little like a singe-player with lots of players. You spend alot of time questing etc. The quests are reasonably varied, and so are the graphics.

2. Combat is overall extremely well-balanced, and combat is varied enough not to get monotome (as opposed to alot of other MMORPGs). I've had a blast playing instances with some groups.

3. Overalll idiot-factor is *much* higher than others games... too many 13-years old on sugar-rush from too much coke running around.. especially the tanks; I've seen very very few good tanks.. grouping with random people can be fun, but don't have too high expectations about their playing abilities.

4. Stay away from american servers and american forums; they are hostile and generally ****ing crazy... On that note, if you dislike idiots as much as me, stay away from the pvp servers too.

5. Way too few options to customize your char. Talents doesn't make that much of a difference to most classes. The difference between good/bad players lies in mostly in how good they are at using the abilities they have available (and believe me, there is a f*cking wast difference between good and bad players when you're grouping)

6. Overall .. WoW > TV for wasting time.. but that's all it is too... if you want a decent game to waste a little time on now and again, WoW is your best bet imo... it's MMORPGs gone mainstream.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:20   #20
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I wonder, are people actually making accounts to spam us with gamne titles?
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:21   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
I can negrep you for whatever I want. You don't like it. Sue me. I will negrep you again when I rep enough more people. You can dish it out. You can take it. It really isn't that important. you have like 15 green blurbs anyway. Is it that bad?
The point is - and it is absolutely salient, considering your current position - is that you have been given a reprive - More or less by default really, and not with enthusiasm - in order that you can conduct yourself better, and go some way towards endearing yourself towards people on here. Neg repping people for petty, total non-issues like this will not do this. In fact, it will do precisely the opposite.

Do you understand?

The fact that you can't really provide an adequate explanation of why you neg repped me other than 'I have rights! I can do what I like!' speaks wonders.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:26   #22
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Why do we keep beating around the bush, and again in >3 threads?

I would like to ask for a permanent solution.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:28   #23
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I don't get the interface complaints from some of you, I've been playing several mmorpgs and this one has rather decent control interface, very user friendly compared to others in my opinion.

It's true it doesn't really live to its hype yet, it's not a lot different from other games on the market except for the fact the game tries to avoid hardcore grinding with having shitloads of quests, overal it's just the next mmorpg from the old hat but really slick executed.

What I really miss is a community feeling which has to do with the massive amount of different servers, I think. Although I am only lvl 18 it feels much more like a single player rpg then a mmorpg, have to say I didn't join a guild yet but I just notice a lack of interguild or interracial (horde/alliance) problems/politics/stuff going on.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:29   #24
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
Why do we keep beating around the bush, and again in >3 threads?

I would like to ask for a permanent solution.
Hitler asked for that.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:30   #25
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

ps

You idiots should shut the **** up for once about this repping crap.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:31   #26
KaneED
Motherfracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
ps

You idiots should shut the **** up for once about this repping crap.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:32   #27
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Hitler asked for that.
Hitler also poked his nose and wiped his mouth with a napkin after drinking tea.

I know because I´ve seen the napkin.

Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:32   #28
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I don't get the interface complaints from some of you, I've been playing several mmorpgs and this one has rather decent control interface, very user friendly compared to others in my opinion.

It's true it doesn't really live to its hype yet, it's not a lot different from other games on the market except for the fact the game tries to avoid hardcore grinding with having shitloads of quests, overal it's just the next mmorpg from the old hat but really slick executed.

What I really miss is a community feeling which has to do with the massive amount of different servers, I think. Although I am only lvl 18 it feels much more like a single player rpg then a mmorpg, have to say I didn't join a guild yet but I just notice a lack of interguild or interracial (horde/alliance) problems/politics/stuff going on.
the interface is totally customizable anyway, its easy enough to make your own if you dislike it.

generally i'ev found it much more enjoyable to quest with people, particularly those in my guild who are cool.

the realm number problem should get sorted once they invest in better hardware so the servers can take more people.

what realm(s) are you on anyway ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:33   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I am on Silvermoon (PvE)
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:36   #30
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i think i have a few chars on there, though i cleaned up some i got bored of the other week.

will check later.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:37   #31
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Edit: omg I can't ignore you. :S Please leave me alone.
Stop being shit and I'll leave you alone. \0/
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:39   #32
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whats MxO?
Matrix Online
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 13:52   #33
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Now that is really the first interesting thing I have read here all morning
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 14:10   #34
KaneED
Motherfracker

are there like any trials you can do for it to check it out?
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 14:48   #35
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Not really, when you buy the package you get a 'free' month, but it'll cost you the game itself though.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 14:54   #36
ben

ben has a spectacular aura aboutben has a spectacular aura about

I played in the beta because my housemates are roleplay fags and made me As a casual gamer I found it to be good fun. It's like playing the mods for Warcraft 3. When it went retail I stopped because I don't believe in paying for games monthly. I played SWG and it was the dullest game I think I ever played
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 17:02   #37
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

WoW is an amazing game, the best MMORPG I have played to date, but after all the content you went through getting to level 60, now something is 'missing'

I'm a 60 Rogue, I've been at 60 for about 2 months or so I'd guess. I have nigh-on a full set of Shadowcraft armor, I have the deathstriker, I have mountains of other shite gathered from raiding 5 times a day. But now, I need something to do.

Molten Core isnt a great deal of fun. Mobs take 5 minutes to die, usually dropping **** all of any use, and the bosses are hard. Not just hard, but 'hard' - I've seen a boss wipe a whole raid group (40 people) in minutes, just because the pull was wrong.

The promise of new content in the next patch is intruiging, but it seems to me just another reason to farm items. Battlegrounds are what I'm waiting for, and what will make WoW really shine.

Anybody saying that SWG is better than WoW needs a kick in the face though. As somebody who played SWG for a huge amount of time, somebody who did the holocron grinding, the jedi grinding, the dwb grinding, it doesnt come remotely close to WoW.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 17:08   #38
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light

I tried ordering it in several shops but apparently it was sold out already in the preorder stage and won't be available (here) till june. So instead I started wasting my time on Knight online which is freely available and playable.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 19:21   #39
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm watching ".hack//sign" and it scares me that maybe in a few years we'll have a second life in some immersive RPG world.
I mean, now everything is quite isolated in these games you have to buy at stores outdoors and subforums that are put away deeply on websites just so that no one finds them.
I don't want to think about the things that can happen if the net becomes a virtual reality world. The RP forum I can just click away, but a bunch of level-4 wizards suddenly trying to *lightning bolt* me while I'm reading the news... I have no idea how to deal with that.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 19:21   #40
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Planetside for the win. Dunno much about WoW tbh.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 19:39   #41
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

WoW is fantastic. Especially as I don't have that much time to play, and thus am leveling relatively slowly - well, at least compared to the goons in the guild.

I'm with Goon Squad on Shadow Moon (PvP), which is a whole bucket of fun
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 19:42   #42
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

World of Warcraft is excellent. Planetside is excellent. Haven't played SWG, but i've played EVE, and before it went tits up, EnB, and the communities on both agreed SWG was the worst of the three.

on a tangent there, EnB was far and away the most fun i ever had in a videogame.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 21:44   #43
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have only heard good things about it, no one has really complained apart from GD :s, you want to ask Kjeldoran, zhil or therat who seemingly play hours upon hours upon hours of it from AM to PM, I think the latest fad is to play poker and wow at the same time o.0
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 21:56   #44
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's pretty amazing, not really seen this many negative comments about it before. Graphics are good, the quests are varied and the combat especially PVP is great (Can't wait till battlegrounds are implemented), I've not really had any problems with the community most people seem pretty grown up (Bare in mind this is EU and not US servers), only real gripe is the instance servers playing up in the last few days.

I'm on Bladefist with Zhil (Level 49 Paladin).
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 23:24   #45
skiddy
wild one

Galaxies is ace if you actually know what you're doing and what you want to do. I've spent a while going through the themeparks in the game, Jabba's Palace, Nym's Stronghold, Imperial themepark.

Now I'm venturing out to the distant worlds like Dathomir and Dantooine, taking harder missions.

Good think about Galaxies is that there is loads of places to go, numerous planets, thousands of quests and if you get bored of all that, you can go up into space and take on ISD's or Corellian Corvettes.

So no, SWG is not shit by any sense - people just spend too much time grinding on it to get to TK-M or Jedi and miss out the fun parts.

I've not played WoW or any others, so I can't comment on them, but my opinion is that SWG can't be any worse as the game is what you make of it.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 23:28   #46
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
WoW is fantastic. Especially as I don't have that much time to play, and thus am leveling relatively slowly - well, at least compared to the goons in the guild.

I'm with Goon Squad on Shadow Moon (PvP), which is a whole bucket of fun
Im on Shadow Moon aswell, with a guild called hazard. Have to say WoW is a really good laugh if you can play with some mates. I havn't had to grind yet and im a lvl 33 rouge now.
I don't play it really hardcore, but it's always there to waste some time on and its usually good fun too.

PvP servers are much fun btw, most people who are a shocking amount of lvls higher than you just leave you alone.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 01:21   #47
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Galaxies is ace if you actually know what you're doing and what you want to do. I've spent a while going through the themeparks in the game, Jabba's Palace, Nym's Stronghold, Imperial themepark.

Now I'm venturing out to the distant worlds like Dathomir and Dantooine, taking harder missions.

Good think about Galaxies is that there is loads of places to go, numerous planets, thousands of quests and if you get bored of all that, you can go up into space and take on ISD's or Corellian Corvettes.

So no, SWG is not shit by any sense - people just spend too much time grinding on it to get to TK-M or Jedi and miss out the fun parts.

I've not played WoW or any others, so I can't comment on them, but my opinion is that SWG can't be any worse as the game is what you make of it.
'Grinding' to any sole profession other than Jedi is a 2 day affair in SWG, I could do a combat profession a day with ease.

The quests were shockingly poor, with no reward worth the effort. Trot from planet a, to planet b, while on planet b kill mob c, take mob c's head back to the guy on planet a, for some cookies you cant eat but can decorate your house with and 10 faction points.

I've also completed all the themeparks, apart from the rebel one, since I was an Imperial. If you followed the plots, they were barely, barely, worth the effort, but at least that was a way to eat up 3 or 4 hours and earn some faction points.

The old PvP TEF system, before the revamp was utterly flawed and I used to spend hours on end trekking from space port to space port looking for a fight and finding nothing.

Krayt hunts became retarded extremely quickly, I've had groups of 10 on speederbikes buzzing all around the canyon for hours on end to find nothing. I thought that challenge of high end content was getting the kill, not finding it.

Dont get me wrong, I dont hate SWG by any stretch of the imagination, I wouldnt have played it for so long if I did, but it is lacking, maybe the long overdue combat revamp, or the expansion will fix things, but I'll not hold my breath.

How a game set in the Star Wars universe could feel so unlike Star Wars I'll never know.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 07:48   #48
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

noob question but what does 'grinding' mean, would make ur posts make more sense to me ^^
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 08:47   #49
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I might buy WoW... If it's fun for people with little time on their hands, it might be a good investment.
Is it better than the occasional HL2 deathmatch to lose some aggression too? Because that's what I'm most interested in when I get home from work.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 09:11   #50
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I have to say, losing aggression..When I had a long day at work I don't feel much playing wow due to the fact you have to travel around like ages, quests oftenly requires a lot of traveling, it's just not an action game. You can always pvp ofcourse though.

I signed up at the local gym some week ago, works much better to lose your collected 9 till 5 agression