User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Jul 2004, 07:19   #1
MOTANU

MOTANU is an unknown quantity at this point
Round reset?

I personaly am tired about this round.
The ides with payed and unpayed mixed isnt quite the best thing
The buddy code is ok but with all these inactives and unexperienced players in gals with experienced players this wont work.
So do ou guys want a rest and make a 11.5 like 9.5 or not?
MOTANU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 08:04   #2
PistNBroke

PistNBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round reset?

If you have unexperianced players in your gal Teach them

Its the only way people learn

if you cant be bothered let us do it at #Mentors
R13-30 ROCK HC/DC/BC/Bar Tender
R37 on Ascendancy
R40 Special appearance for rock
HEROES WILL SMURF YOU UP
ROCK FTW!!!
<3 Orbit
PistNBroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 08:33   #3
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

I'm confused about why this is in the "departing PA" forum - so it's moved to PD.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 14:10   #4
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

whats wrong with this round? because you had bad luck with galaxy i dont think a reset will be in the best of interest for the rest of the players considering this round is still very open regarding winners... just my opinions tho.

(ps. i could have had better luck with gal too, but its semi-random, cant expect 9 überleet galmates)

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 18:34   #5
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I think this is one of the best round for playibility, in both game mechanics and politics.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 00:49   #6
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I think this is one of the best round for playibility, in both game mechanics and politics.
Deffinatelly playability.

*Hi jerome`!!!*
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 05:51   #7
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTANU

The buddy code is ok but with all these inactives and unexperienced players in gals with experienced players this wont work.

care to explain why it wont work ?
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 08:37   #8
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

whats wrong with this round? because you had bad luck with galaxy i dont think a reset will be in the best of interest for the rest of the players considering this round is still very open regarding winners... just my opinions tho.

(ps. i could have had better luck with gal too, but its semi-random, cant expect 9 überleet galmates)

^^
Unless u exploited the exiling bug in the start

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 18:01   #9
Rockj

Rockj is an unknown quantity at this point

heh, see. people already cheated this round ...
...using bugs! nasty freaks
Rockj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 18:13   #10
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point

This round is fine, apart from the few gals in the higher clusters that used the exile bug before it was fixed, which was a little lame : /
but hey the round is still going nicely, no large blocks or anything, and everyone seems to be attacking everyone.

im actually enjoying it, im normally bored by now, and go idle
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 20:40   #11
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

This round is fun*

Challenge of being/staying high-ranked in a crap gal, is refreshing, In addition to which being in the alliance which is targetted the most, just makes it more interesting . Not to mention extra dishes on the side to make it better**
Furthermore, I quite like losing enough rounds throughout the round, to a number which is enough to be top10 on roids itself, but also the simplicity of roiding your way back.

* = Fun/Annoying
** = Hi Waffle!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 16:59   #12
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

personally I have a great galaxy, but I tend to agree.

I could title this post as "Return to the classic, please!"

Mainly ima just say that it was funner when fighters were eta 6 universe, Co's eta 7, FR's eta 8, DE's aswell, CR's were eta 9 and BS were slowest things.

Having 3 different etas isnt exactely... well, what it used to be

I mean thinkíng about it... planetarion has taken a course of heading to a completely different game.

Games evolve, yes. I agree with that, but you cant make it a completely DIFFERENT game just because it has to keep evolving.

Couldnt you keep the old structure of the game, with some new add-ons?

it would defenately benefit the game, and make the player base increase once again.

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 17:08   #13
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

the player base is already increasing again.... the difference between eta with now and what it used to be (r9.5 and lower) isn't really differetnt imo

only thing that this round misses are good unit stats tho

they favor the attacker a bit 2 much
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 18:19   #14
Precursors

Precursors is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss the times galaxies had 25 planets, clusters had 25 galaxies and there were like 140 clusters (87,500 planets total)
Now we are playing with 4,361 planets only (according to Pilkara @T790) half of which is inactive
Precursors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 18:41   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I like the eta-system myself. Personally, I think it goes very well with how the ship stats are set-out etc.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 21:22   #16
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando

Couldnt you keep the old structure of the game, with some new add-ons?

it would defenately benefit the game, and make the player base increase once again.
Nothing but cutting out p2p will increase the player base significantly. ever.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 10:30   #17
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

idd, only making it free, with no limitations will increase the player base, but I dont think Jolt wants the hassle of adds etc to try and just make ends meat.

The game is still the same Fernando. You make it sound like they have taken away all space combat, and now you play a friendly hand of poker, if you win you kill the other person and take away his chair (since we dont have planets anymore cause the game has changed so much). The game has not changed very much, yes there have been changes, but by all means the core mechanics of the game are the same.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 15:02   #18
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

After being in like 12 or 13 gals this round due to self-exiles, I can honestly say, that many people in the higher clusters simply aren't very active, and being in those gals generally suck. I mean, how can you be #1 in a cluster when you're ranked 1200?

In other news, looks like I won't be winning any lotteries anytime soon.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 06:19   #19
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

and its totaly possible to do well in the smaller gals, i have seen some 2 millers in like gals with a 3 to 5 mil score. you just have to make the best of the round

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 06:33   #20
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinion may not mean much considering I signed up all of 25 hours ago but compared to previous rounds of PA I've played this thing round is much better. There is no reason to reset it at all. Clusters are balanced, galaxies are helping themselves instead of bolstering one or two planets to protect the rest while they build, etc. This round is far from in need of reset especially since it just hit the half way point (see Round End thread)
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 11:06   #21
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
and its totaly possible to do well in the smaller gals, i have seen some 2 millers in like gals with a 3 to 5 mil score. you just have to make the best of the round
Yes, but surely they deserve to be better than that. They probably have waves of incoming, heh. Which they ofcourse wouldn`t as much if they had a gal to a] cross-def b] put off attackers.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 15:32   #22
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Yes, but surely they deserve to be better than that. They probably have waves of incoming, heh. Which they ofcourse wouldn`t as much if they had a gal to a] cross-def b] put off attackers.
*shrugs* some people play when they get the chance, I know a buddy of mine who plays and checks every other to every third day. He likes to play yet doesn't have time everyday. There shouldn't be an issue with people who are bigger then others in a galaxy because if communication between said galaxy members and/or cluster members is good then does it matter? Defense is defense no matter who gives it to you.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 17:05   #23
RoachKing
Lil_Timmy

RoachKing is an unknown quantity at this point

TBH my gal sucks a** i would rather play in a gal on my own.

Though i quiet enjoy this round all the same.

I think round set up for next round should be same as this. It works fine, maybe change the excile part a bit.
Round 8 [Cows]
Round 9 [Retired]
Round 9.5 -11 [HR]

[HR-RO] Its a Wolfy Eat Dog Uni

#OC the most powerfull friends channel in PA history bla bla...
RoachKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 23:31   #24
nathan123

nathan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

lets stay onto the right lines please, this thread is about round reset. Now every1s gone off blabing about which galaxy there in, if your in a pants gal with inactives and stuff who cares, part from the person in it. just get on wiv it, u dont always get the best. its a game......

Fortunatly im lucky and my gal is super, not rubin it in or anything lol :P

:gollum:
nathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote