User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 15:44   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
About the Jolt forums (yet Again)

Now, reading a little bit of the posts there, do they have severe prejudices on Planetarion Players, or did one of you twats go there help with the first impression?

They seem to consider every planetarian as a gay whiner, fu**ing moron, and god knows what. The common impression there is roughly about 'die PA twats'. Now I know some of you have been quite idiotic there (not TOO much beyond what I assumed), but it is starting to resemble a large-scale propaganda war there against us (alot like in the AD boards here, in the worst times, I'd think).

They are 'uniting' against the 'pa-twats'.
The people who use custom avatars, allow font sizes and colors (and abuse them with massive ROFLs and HUGE signatures) are mocking US? Oh gosh.

We should unite against them too. A Jolt-licking little delta-force teenager with a ****ing twenty-line signature with multiple colors in it that hurt my precious eyes posting one single line wich reads 'Die you PA twats' (I had trouble finding the actual line from his post as it actually drowned in the mass of signatures around there), is in my opinion, no more mature than many of you bastards who decided to outspam the darn Jolt forums (prolly because you found it amusing). You can behave. Better than they can.

And they are talking about some anti-american posts? Maybe I should go there post some nice political threads.

Btw, in case I've missed something, someone update me on the happenings in the jolttie forums. I'm a bit disorientated writing this.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 15:55   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
No comment....

("wasn't be" BTW)
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 15:59   #3
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Wink

Scre the icked Jolt eirdoes.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:05   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
A horrible mod in the silly Df3 section banned me for no reason

after sending an email to a very nice mod in the general discussions forum, he agreed there was no justification for the ban and unbanned me

im now staying out of the DF3 forums. They're modulators are more unstable then the PA ones :eek:
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:08   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I think I've noticed something like that too.

Besides, the DF3 forums are ridiculous. 99,5% of the posters have signatures five times as long as their average posts. And I find the US flags a tad annoying. And the mods screaming 'lol rofl [insert random keyboard usage here] u sux0r my b0x0r'.

It's a real chaos there. I do not know wich ones started it, but I'm having trouble reading a thread without loosing the point somewhere in the mindless spam.

Are there any decent forums in the Jolt in general?
Or are they all just as immature and American as they are in Df3?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:10   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Most of the Anti American Comments come from them mocking both the UK and Europe (including a very offensive message about our Queen). Really they cant expect anything else if they are going to dish out these insults first imho.

However lets not get into another war with them.....Try and keep our end civilised and leave them to shout and swaer and insult us
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:16   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

I think they've stashed me to some frigging moderation queue.

Waiting for my activation.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna go grab some food.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:17   #8
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Are there any decent forums in the Jolt in general?
No...

- GD is only about games & Jolt discussions and is infested with people spamming (mostly PA people) and mods who randomly move threads
- The technical section is shiet and only harbors idiots who can't get their OGL going in some random FPS
- Chat is only visitted by PA people. You can just as well stay here as you don't have to wade through the random spam here
- 50 of the forums are specifically for one game... I've never seen such an unorganised bunch that is called a forum
- The DF3 lot is a patriotic bunch of americans. Some with mod power, so if you say a wrong word about the US (or them, which is not difficult since their as thick as shiet) they are likely to try get you banned

To summarise:
PA > Jolt
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:23   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity

- 50 of the forums are specifically for one game... I've never seen such an unorganised bunch that is called a forum

To summarise:
PA > Jolt

For what I've seen, I agree (with especially a few things I quoted).

It's just sad to see people moving from here to there - the water aint really sweeter across the fence there.

Or then we're just dying here.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:30   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Cant some off the nice anti-american people here (that actually knows things, not just the haters like me) go there and post some nice threads?
Do not do it in the DF3 section..use GD.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:30   #11
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
The DF3 community seems to be made up of some of the most antisocial, racist, hypocritical and moronic twats I've ever known. Meatball was especially amusing yesterday, complaining about flaming and country bashing in their chat forum, while simultaneously flaming and making comments about other nationalities. And when this was pointed out, the mod's basic response was "SO WHAT".

Admittedly the majority are OK, but it's scum like Meatball who give them a bad name.

Edit: I know somebody's itching to do a 'comedy' re-wording. It's predictable and unfunny. Don't!

Last edited by Chrism; 16 Dec 2002 at 16:37.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:36   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Cant some off the nice anti-american people here (that actually knows things, not just the haters like me) go there and post some nice threads?
Do not do it in the DF3 section..use GD.
Did you read some of my former threads?
I think it was WarFalcon who called me bloody pissbucket (someone else named me 'some kind of a ****ing nazi').

I think I'm gonna go there do some politics when I get my account activated.

Doesn't mean I'd be anti-American though.

Talking about scum who give them a bad name, I saw some of Meatball's posts. He's a waterproof spammer. Worse than anyone I've ever seen here. And he's a mod?
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:38   #13
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
I so badly want my home internet connection back, I could wipe the floor with most of them and still stay well withing the rules. After all, this is my first and only PA account...
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:38   #14
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Meatball isn't a mod. However the DF3 mods appear to do their level best to protect him, even when it's clear he's done wrong.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:42   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

So Chrism, he's just a tad common arselicker/modtrailer?
Mkay. A weird idiot though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
I so badly want my home internet connection back, I could wipe the floor with most of them and still stay well withing the rules. After all, this is my first and only PA account...
My first and only PA account too.
It was close being closed by Karmulian once tho, I insulted KaneEd abit wich Karm took personally and insulted me, after wich I returned the favor and insulted Karmulian.

Tho.
They really need to be taught a lesson there.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:56   #16
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
I love my up-side down american flag on those forums, I wonder if I'm banned yet?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:57   #17
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
After all, this is my first and only PA account...
We could start a club
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:58   #18
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
I have to say, I'm really glad this PA vs Jolt thing kicked off, because it gave me a whole load of social vs antisocial material to put in my dissertation.

Cheers
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 17:03   #19
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ive noticed that as well you cant post anything with out being called a Dumb PA poster or sod off your not wanted here idiot remark.

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 17:15   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
You'd get banned in 3 posts if you went anywhere near the DF3.net forums.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 17:21   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Geeza
We could start a club
\/

It's still beyond me why you lot are still on that forsaken forum... There are SOOOOOO many things there that just aren't right.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 17:25   #22
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
You'd get banned in 3 posts if you went anywhere near the DF3.net forums.
I smell a challenge.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 17:27   #23
Chrism
Governor General

Quote:
\/

It's still beyond me why you lot are still on that forsaken forum... There are SOOOOOO many things there that just aren't right.
It's my natural instinctive stubborness and desire not to give in. The more the regulars want us to leave, the more I want to stay. Annoying as hell.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 17:33   #24
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
LOL , right now im having an interesting time in the Spam Board on Jolt.

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 18:11   #25
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
Meatball isn't a mod. However the DF3 mods appear to do their level best to protect him, even when it's clear he's done wrong.
Anybody know who gave him that flashing giant "I am a retard" custom title?
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 18:14   #26
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Is it just my imagination or does that get given out as a 'special prize' for people who act like morons but without going far enough to get banned?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 18:17   #27
Chrism
Governor General

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
I think it was a bit of JavaScript that someone posted. Not sure how it works, but whoever it was, I wanna shake your hand!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 18:21   #28
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
I think it was a bit of JavaScript that someone posted. Not sure how it works, but whoever it was, I wanna shake your hand!
If it was JavaScript, it would have to be inserted directly into the page while it was being processed on the server, then rendered in the browser.

Seems like an awful lot of work, and probably impossible without admin passwords.

I think Gayle's idea is more probable, but I'd like to think one of the admins there thinks he is the complete gob****e we do.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 19:01   #29
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

I managed to win the love of atleast two DF3 members.

Quote:
Originally posted by STRYKER555

Excellent post Structural. We have been waiting for a post like this from a PA player for days. Thank you very much bro you are welcome here anytime, please feel free to post your opinions here.

At last I have a knowledge about Planeterion I thought it was a flash based web game with graphics and spaceships blasting each other to smithereens but thanks to you Structural you have enlightened me a lot. Why didnt those other PA idiots post something positive like you did Structural? It would have saved a lot of grief here.
Now, behave, and wait for the word to spread... I don't feel like patching everything up for every friggin' fart!

MMKAY!!!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 19:06   #30
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Now, behave, and wait for the word to spread... I don't feel like patching everything up for every friggin' fart!

MMKAY!!!
You know me, I don't go out to cause trouble That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good heated argument though. Unfortunately from what I see their idea of a heated argument is calling someone a '****ing retard' every other line. Not exactly up to YahweII's standards
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 19:26   #31
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
you guys are sinking down to their level.
and thus you'd be proving their initial thoughts about us.
why can't we take the high road. i think it we all settled down and THEY'RE the only ones left flaming.. then their mods might realize it's not our fault and ban some of their own users.

gayle.. wakey got banned because the df3 mod felt he was 'thowing gasoline on the fire' if they think you're there with hostile intent they will ban you. simple as that. i wouldn't have this 'i'm invincible' attitude. you are still here with your first account because we moderate differently. B$ basically admitted that they've got free reign and can do what they want.

i'd rather we just let things die. going over there to flame isn't gonna help anything.. it's gonna make it worse. if you don't like them.. stay here.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 19:34   #32
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i'd rather we just let things die. going over there to flame isn't gonna help anything.. it's gonna make it worse. if you don't like them.. stay here.
You misunderstand me, if I flame anyone it will be in the dedicated flaming forum only (unless it's a run of the mill 'what planet are you on?' flame backed up by evidence in a discussion), I just see some lively discussion and some great opportunities for humour going sadly unattended.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 19:43   #33
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
wakey got banned for flaming in the flaming forum
that's the only warning you're gonna get :\
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 19:47   #34
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
This whole PA vs Jolt thing is just silly, I'm sick of the minority of people from this board who have gone over there and caused nothing but trouble, and now people who I thought were quite sensible are going and getting trolled when they really should know better. It's giving us a bad name, and it's high time most of your started acting your ages.

Discussing forum invasion on here is a nono (buy an account on sa.forums and do it and you will get banned without even being warned (it's in the rules you have to read before you sign up)).

Stop it.