User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Oct 2002, 00:04   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation An Idea : Flame Academy

Or perhaps alternatively, Shame academy.

The idea

Take +/-12 at least semi-well known (and partially unskilled) extremely active posters. Create a channel for them to join, which is relayed to another public channel (much like the big brother).

Take 3-5 posters who are good/very bad at what they do, to be "teachers" for the flame academy. For example, The mighty goat could teach trolling, warfalcon could teach relentless flaming, dace could teach one liners.

Put them in the Flame academy.

The explanation

The idea is as follows.

"Pupils" get specific lessons in flaming off the flame academy teachers, one on one, and in groups, all of which gets relayed to the public room, and will be summarised and typed up.

Every 2 days the teachers nominate who are the two worst flamers in the group, and who is the best flamer. The Grade A flamer gets a variety of treats or prizes (which id have to think up, maybe if the mods would help me out and lower the 60 second post rule for them for one night, or something)

The two worst flamers, go into a head to head flameoff the following night. A topic is chosen at random, with 2 different evently matched sides, and the sides are chosen at random. They have 30 minutes to argue their cases, after which point the thread is closed.

A poll is taken to see who should stay, and who should go.

The prize

An example of a prize, would be something like 150+ access at a large number of #<rooms> (for which id look for sponsors, or something). Also, the ability to call themselves the undisputed kind of flame.

The Projected plan

Day 1 : Introduction, etc
Day 2 : Lessons from here on in.
Day 3 : Teachers nominate lame flamers, and grade a flamer
Day 4 : Live flame-off, poll, eviction
Day 5 : Teachers nominate lame flamers, grade a flamer
Day 6 : Live flame off, etc.

And so on, and so forth. Maybe even having 2, instead of 1 day between flame offs would be viable, but i doubt intrest would stay that long.

The summary

I understand this has been done before with the big brother thing, and i felt that worked well.

Would you be sufficiently interested in this, is it a good idea etc?

Would you be interested in being a teacher/pupil?

Would you be interested helping me set the whole thing up?

Suggestions?

Its at least an attempt to liven up the forums. I reckon it could work, if you dont, then dont say i didnt try.

-Deffeh.
(mods, if it gains weight, please sticky etc)

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 00:26   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Excellent
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 00:33   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
That's quite a good idea really.
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 00:35   #4
Emyn^
A Fresh Prince

Emyn^ is an unknown quantity at this point
lo deffgay ;p

nice idea, iroghey vs deffeh at ince

#spacehamsters \o/
  • R3 - n/a - 223:22
  • R4 - MI/GI - 121:11
  • R5 - MI - 27:21
  • R6 - Deus - 34:20
  • R7 - ViruS - 14:24
  • R8 - n/a - n/a
Emyn^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 00:36   #5
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
could be funny, on the other had could be a compleate disaster but is worth a go
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 02:21   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Emyn^
lo deffgay ;p

nice idea, iroghey vs deffeh at ince

Can i just point out that all my bosses from work are based on Jersey , and that the Isle of Man pisses all over Jersey in every single way possible.

Jersey is borderline French. You dont get much more **** than that!
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 02:48   #7
MonotoneMan

Flaws, but it would be good just for ****s. I dont think anyone wants to put in the effort of flame-offs every other day. They should be monthly, so there is less effort, and to make them more special.

If it does happen (which it wont) then it can be hosted here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/220381

Which is conveniently a place where I am an admin.
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 02:56   #8
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
hehe...this could be a whole lot of fun.
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 09:28   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i personally reckon it would work, but not without support and interest

therefore, ill await to see how this thread fares in a full posting day, then i might heckle a little bit if i have to, but this is something you cant force intrest in, etc.

Unread 31 Oct 2002, 09:51   #10
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: An Idea : Flame Academy

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Or perhaps alternatively, Shame academy.

The idea

Take +/-12 at least semi-well known (and partially unskilled) extremely active posters. Create a channel for them to join, which is relayed to another public channel (much like the big brother).

Take 3-5 posters who are good/very bad at what they do, to be "teachers" for the flame academy. For example, The mighty goat could teach trolling, warfalcon could teach relentless flaming, dace could teach one liners.

Put them in the Flame academy.

The explanation

The idea is as follows.

"Pupils" get specific lessons in flaming off the flame academy teachers, one on one, and in groups, all of which gets relayed to the public room, and will be summarised and typed up.

Every 2 days the teachers nominate who are the two worst flamers in the group, and who is the best flamer. The Grade A flamer gets a variety of treats or prizes (which id have to think up, maybe if the mods would help me out and lower the 60 second post rule for them for one night, or something)

The two worst flamers, go into a head to head flameoff the following night. A topic is chosen at random, with 2 different evently matched sides, and the sides are chosen at random. They have 30 minutes to argue their cases, after which point the thread is closed.

A poll is taken to see who should stay, and who should go.

The prize

An example of a prize, would be something like 150+ access at a large number of #<rooms> (for which id look for sponsors, or something). Also, the ability to call themselves the undisputed kind of flame.

The Projected plan

Day 1 : Introduction, etc
Day 2 : Lessons from here on in.
Day 3 : Teachers nominate lame flamers, and grade a flamer
Day 4 : Live flame-off, poll, eviction
Day 5 : Teachers nominate lame flamers, grade a flamer
Day 6 : Live flame off, etc.

And so on, and so forth. Maybe even having 2, instead of 1 day between flame offs would be viable, but i doubt intrest would stay that long.

The summary

I understand this has been done before with the big brother thing, and i felt that worked well.

Would you be sufficiently interested in this, is it a good idea etc?

Would you be interested in being a teacher/pupil?

Would you be interested helping me set the whole thing up?

Suggestions?

Its at least an attempt to liven up the forums. I reckon it could work, if you dont, then dont say i didnt try.

-Deffeh.
(mods, if it gains weight, please sticky etc)
This idea is so rotten that it can only come from a brain so hideously diseased that it would make any open venerial disease look like a mild rash.

I'm in.
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 12:43   #11
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
This idea is NICE!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 12:45   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'v heard worse
Unread 31 Oct 2002, 13:46   #13
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima

Jersey is borderline French. You dont get much more **** than that!
theres always france.
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:16   #14
Dace

Will i get payed?
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:20   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
Will i get payed?
no, but you get to wear a pink dress...

Still... I like the idea!!!
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:21   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
Will i get payed?
Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:39   #17
Dace

-----> insert Assumption McGuiness "joke" here <-----
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:41   #18
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
damn your avatar kura! damn it to hell!
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 22:03   #19
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
lokken would clean house.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 22:08   #20
Vince McMahon

The Mighty Goat is a **** troll
WarFalcon rarely flames anyone

This thread contains less potential than the turd I laid this morning.
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 07:26   #21
Ghosteh

Deffeh, if you're participating, this could be your chance to settle the football dispute once and for all.
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 12:07   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosteh
Deffeh, if you're participating, this could be your chance to settle the football dispute once and for all.
elaborate.

i wouldnt be participating, id be head teachering, or something

Unread 2 Nov 2002, 12:09   #23
Ghosteh

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh

elaborate.

i wouldnt be participating, id be head teachering, or something
If we were both contestants, then a good idea for a deathmatch thing would be the football team argument.

Swearing loses its effect on the boards