User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Mar 2006, 17:54   #1
[hydra]rain

[hydra]rain is infamous around these parts
value, xp, admins, fleets, winner, hate, agony, flaming

[18:33] <rain> around?
[18:34] <Squishy> ish
[18:34] <Squishy> ur not though
[18:34] <Squishy> :/
[18:34] <Squishy> [ka] rain is away: no, i'm not around this time
[18:34] <rain> sorry
[18:34] <rain> did u pull fleets from my planet
[18:34] <rain> ??
[18:35] <Squishy> don't think so
[18:35] <rain> someone did
[18:35] <rain> fleets dissapeared
[18:35] <Squishy> mabey they pulled?
[18:35] <rain> no
[18:35] <rain> they didn't
[18:35] <rain> no news
[18:35] <Squishy> ahh
[18:35] <Squishy> yes
[18:35] <Squishy> I pulled them
[18:35] <rain> why
[18:35] <Squishy> cause they would have won you the round
[18:35] <Squishy> if you notice
[18:36] <Squishy> I pulled the fleets that were going to hurt ya as well
[18:36] <rain> :/
[18:36] <rain> they only would have got roids
[18:36] <Squishy> fact is rain you have been donated into the position you are in
[18:36] <Squishy> I wasn't giong to let you win by it
[18:36] <rain> the other wave i had defence prepapred
[18:36] <Squishy> I'm sorry
[18:36] <rain> fs
[18:37] <rain> ok
[18:37] <rain> thanks
[18:37] <Squishy> I am sorry rain
[18:37] <Squishy> I didn't want this
[18:37] <rain> no you're not
[18:37] <Squishy> yes
[18:37] <Squishy> I am
[18:37] <Squishy> caus ei think you are innocent
[18:37] <Squishy> if I didn't
[18:38] <Squishy> you would be closed
[18:38] <Squishy> and deleted
[18:38] <rain> why closed?
[18:38] <rain> if i'm innocent
[18:39] <rain> why not let those fleets coming?
[18:39] <Squishy> cause fleet donations arnt allowed
[18:39] <rain> and all those fleets
[18:39] <rain> 5+
[18:39] <rain> all donations?
[18:39] <Squishy> don't know
[18:39] <Squishy> there not landing
[18:39] <Squishy> so I never checked
[18:40] <Squishy> probebly though
[18:40] <rain> but you're influencing the #1 position
[18:40] <rain> with these decisions
[18:40] <Squishy> yes
[18:40] <Squishy> I am
[18:41] <rain> do you mind if i post this conversation on forums?
[18:42] <[PA-Team]Squish> go for it
[18:42] <[PA-Team]Squish> don't edit it
[18:42] <rain> u sure u dont mind?
[18:42] <[PA-Team]Squish> post it all
[18:43] <rain> ok :/
[18:44] <[PA-Team]Squish> once you post it let me know
[18:44] <[PA-Team]Squish> I will reply after reading it
[18:44] <[PA-Team]Squish> saying it all the log
[hydra]rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 17:57   #2
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: value, xp, admins, fleets, winner, hate, agony, flaming

That is all the log

All i have to say on the matter is

Fleet donations arnt allowed.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:01   #3
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve

i believe u have some proof squishy ? u f**ked around with #1 position !thats not fair !

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:03   #4
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

good move squishy, its only taken all rd.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:03   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Question

How do you know they are fleet donations and not just lemming runs?

Is there any proof that they have been donating to rain previously?

Should you not of looked at the fleets a bit closer before recalling?

On this matter I wanted jbg to win not rain. You are right the way rain is getting up the ranks isnt right, but its a way. But this might have been completly legit. Anyway whats done is done, no need crying about it i guess.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:04   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Noone wanted rain to win anyway.

So this is a decision that makes everyone happy*

*except rain, but we don't care about him!
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:04   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Fair decision.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:05   #8
clau777
Romanian Warrior

why not ? clearly no1 wanted to rain to win ....why not ? no big ally to support him ... if u had proof u wouldn't have done him...stealing ships isn`t allowed ffs ?

Victuri Te Salutant

Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:06   #9
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

It depends, it cant be legit if he has had friends (and when i say friends i mean people he has worked with in the past) donate there fleets to him this week making him climb the ranks enough for the lemming runs today to take effect. In that case i beleive Squishy did the right thing.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:06   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Stealing normally and stealing obvious donations are two different things clau777
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:06   #11
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

There's more to it than that. And yes they've spent all week investigating guys like Kila who sent three repeat fleets to the "victim" over two days, the last fleet containing what was stolen back in the original ZIk on Zik battle.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:07   #12
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In this case I think PATeam have made the correct decision. I hope they follow this up and deny the offending donators (and attempted donators) a final rank or position and their alliances the score those planets bring. I say this even though I know it calls for the closings of planets in my own alliance.

A stand should be taken against this kind of stupid, lame and pointless behaviour.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:08   #13
clau777
Romanian Warrior

if they had proof of donations why didn't they closed him ffs ? they got no proof..they only didn't want him to win...u have all been beaten by a player who had no big ally behind him...at least face that !

Victuri Te Salutant

Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:11   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clau777
if they had proof of donations why didn't they closed him ffs ? they got no proof..they only didn't want him to win...u have all been beaten by a player who had no big ally behind him...at least face that !
Because rain might very well be innocent? I mean, it's hardly his fault if people wanna donate to him.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:11   #15
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Well clau777 i think he should have bin closed with the evidence i have saw this past week. But, him not finishing 1st will do me fine enough i suppose. But the Kila incident should of got him closed. Perhaps the MH's need to wake up.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:12   #16
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have to agree with clau777 to a certain degree. For some people it might be annoying that certain people only need fleet donations from a few friends, not fleet donations from a whole alliance.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:13   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The thing is that rain hasn't asked to be put in this position. Simply, people have chosen to donate him ships (knowing he will steal them as opposed to sending his stealers away) and this isn't acceptable.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:16   #18
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

heh.speechless.
I think that no matter what the players say, admins should have enough integrity and not cave under pressure.
no proof of cheating means no cheating.
you just dictated the winner of the round.
what's done is done.but remember that what goes around, comes around.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:24   #19
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

As long as i remember there has been suicides on top planets at end of round a long time.

Untill r13 hirr lemmingruns made people join our channel and say how great it was that we runned that and that dude.
But in r13 we decided to run against Sjor. After that run we god assholes joining our public chan and accusing us in fleetdonations to Sjor. Tho the decision to run was not made by 1 person, but by several people. We had a list of potential tragets. Sjor was the lucky one winning the vote. I see the same patern here... a zik gets "lemmingrunned" and accused in fleetfarming.

Besides i thought that game admins don't get involved in final rankings untill there is prooven cheating. Now you did it. Shame.

-OlaTa
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:28   #20
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

They have proof that 1+ "donating" players were cheating. Not rain. Hence rain isn't closed and it(they) is(are).

Nothing's changed there.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:30   #21
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
[18:34] <rain> did u pull fleets from my planet
[18:34] <rain> ??
[18:35] <Squishy> don't think so
[18:35] <rain> someone did
[18:35] <rain> fleets dissapeared
[18:35] <Squishy> mabey they pulled?
[18:35] <rain> no
[18:35] <rain> they didn't
[18:35] <rain> no news
[18:35] <Squishy> ahh
[18:35] <Squishy> yes
[18:35] <Squishy> I pulled them
PAteam need to stop lying. Seriously.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:37   #22
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Been watching rain spend alot of time in the round since it started, sacrificing sleep and commitments in RL to earn his deserved #1 spot. All of a sudden some admins think he should not....
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:39   #23
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Yeah he's but my idol so he should allowed to win not because Kila donated his fleet three times over to him but because of his selfproclaimed "l33t skills".
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 18:54   #24
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I m speechless.
What a fked up round.

GG rain.

in my eyes u won the round. And tbh - thats all that matters!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:10   #25
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Since this round was a round built on xp farming, If rain did not have anything to do with the lemming runs at him, there is no way the PA team should have interfered with the game.

While this may effect rains planet, the bigger problem is that Squishy interfered with a "random" PA players actions. (the one who sent the lemming run) That player made a decision on what he wanted to do, did it, and because squishy disagreed with what he did, he (even though the player didnt break the eula) used his admin tools to change the outcome.

If the pa team doesnt want lemming runs at the end of the round, I guess they will have to stop attacks the last 3 days of the round....

The above statement is made under the assumption that rain had nothing at all to do with the coordination of the runs.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:11   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hello rain. Firstly congratulations on a well played round, I am damn sure you put a lot more time into PA than I did in terms of your planet and I've been informed you also do a lot for daous dava as an alliance so well done on that. Personally I obviously have a lot to gain from this decision (although to be honest we still hadn't worked if I would have won anyways, it was rather close on the calc, i've got 750k value in production in case you think I'm off by like a clear half million heh) so my word could be hardly be exalted as the bottom-line of all objective perspectives on the issue. As this is a thread where we all give our opinions though, I'll give mine.

I think pateam made a difficult decision that no matter which way it went was going to be criticised. I do however think they made the right one. Trying to compare it to a pa "offence" we already have down on record this would be similar to escorting. I don't really think rain is at fault necessarily, people have always suicided on top value planets both for xp (since r10) and on lemming runs at the end of each round. In this scenario though, it's not a fleetcatch, rain didn't work hard for those ships, they're literally being hurled at him by people with fleetnames like "value ftw". These are donations, they should be removed. rain did nothing wrong, he should be open. That's what it looks like from over here.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:19   #27
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Hello rain. Firstly congratulations on a well played round, I am damn sure you put a lot more time into PA than I did in terms of your planet and I've been informed you also do a lot for daous dava as an alliance so well done on that. Personally I obviously have a lot to gain from this decision (although to be honest we still hadn't worked if I would have won anyways, it was rather close on the calc, i've got 750k value in production in case you think I'm off by like a clear half million heh) so my word could be hardly be exalted as the bottom-line of all objective perspectives on the issue. As this is a thread where we all give our opinions though, I'll give mine.

I think pateam made a difficult decision that no matter which way it went was going to be criticised. I do however think they made the right one. Trying to compare it to a pa "offence" we already have down on record this would be similar to escorting. I don't really think rain is at fault necessarily, people have always suicided on top value planets both for xp (since r10) and on lemming runs at the end of each round. In this scenario though, it's not a fleetcatch, rain didn't work hard for those ships, they're literally being hurled at him by people with fleetnames like "value ftw". These are donations, they should be removed. rain did nothing wrong, he should be open. That's what it looks like from over here.
Being that lemming runs have happened for rounds and never interfered with by the PA team, i find it wrong that they interefered with it this round. The fact that it has to do with the outcome of the number 1 spot is no excuse. If it is wrong now, then it has been wrong for rounds and should have been dealt with prior to today.

The fact that it hasnt been dealt with gives precedence to the idea that they dont see it as wrong, and thus should not have been interfered with.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:26   #28
Pinkerton
doo doo dah

Pinkerton can only hope to improve

Maybe its time to drop the ship stealing Zik and go back to the Subverting Zik. I think everyone knew there would be ship farming the moment Stealing was reintroduced. It is just way to easy to cross over to the darkside.
Pinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:32   #29
gmufc

gmufc is just really nicegmufc is just really nicegmufc is just really nicegmufc is just really nice

The fact that rain were so surprised attackers on him recalled that he went to admins/multihunters to ask why fleets were recalled makes it even more suspisious to me. If it had been me with incs and attackers would die or donate all ships if landing I wouldnt be surprised if they recalled, and if I didnt see recallmessages in my news I would have reported it as possible bug.

In this case it's obvious rain were sure attackers didnt recall by themself.
Never played with rain personally so don't know if he's a cheater or not, but from what I've seen on the newsies on him etc lately it looks very suspiscious.
Don't really matter if he planned it with the attackers or it's just "noobs" that landed on him.. either way they did DONATE the shippies as he could steal it all without even getting more def, and lower his own losses by getting cath in gal to def.

IMO that is not the way to win..

I've been top value for a long time several rounds and those who think you get a lot of suiciders on you just for being biggest planet are wrong. I always had to steal ships the hard way by deffing a lot and sacrificing ships to steal when targets werent fully covered.

I think it's wrong if anyone win just cause they get a lot of "suiciders" on them.
If Rain by any chance had no knowledge of any of the "suiciders" on him I'd like to appologise for what I wrote here ofc.

gmufc

21:8:8
#1 "total round roids" & "total lost roids" @ sandmans
etc....
gmufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:39   #30
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Being that lemming runs have happened for rounds and never interfered with by the PA team, i find it wrong that they interefered with it this round. The fact that it has to do with the outcome of the number 1 spot is no excuse. If it is wrong now, then it has been wrong for rounds and should have been dealt with prior to today.

The fact that it hasnt been dealt with gives precedence to the idea that they dont see it as wrong, and thus should not have been interfered with.

Yes lemming runs have always happend in the past, but then again, have they happend for 2 weeks solid to make a planet climb from 10th place to 1st? I think this issue keeps being avoided by the person defending rain. he probably is totally inocent, but i find it hard to beleive that you think he should deserve to win for constant suicides on him for nearly 2 weeks to make him climb that ladder. If i won a round based on that, i would turn it down and see it as a disgrace. Rain knows full well this is the only way he could win, so i see that as a disgrace tbh. Just my thoughts.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:41   #31
Mystical

Mystical has a spectacular aura aboutMystical has a spectacular aura about

Even tho i love rain, winning the round by donations from others is indeed not acceptable. Let's assume all top 10 players played very hard including the current #1, if someone passes him last week (DAY!) by very much millions of ships he gets from everywere, did he deserve the victory then? i don't think so. Sorry rain and his supporters, im not with you on this even tho i would be willing so.. Its simply not the planet that receive the ships that has to put efford in winning and thats generally bad. I'm sorry.

Blue tears never dry..

Mystical
Mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:51   #32
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Yes lemming runs have always happend in the past, but then again, have they happend for 2 weeks solid to make a planet climb from 10th place to 1st? I think this issue keeps being avoided by the person defending rain. he probably is totally inocent, but i find it hard to beleive that you think he should deserve to win for constant suicides on him for nearly 2 weeks to make him climb that ladder. If i won a round based on that, i would turn it down and see it as a disgrace. Rain knows full well this is the only way he could win, so i see that as a disgrace tbh. Just my thoughts.
I have no thoughts on whether or not he should have won the round. My only thought is that the PA team should not have interfered with something that was not interfered with in the past. If they wanted to do something about it, they should have discussed what needed to be done after the round. Not take a stab at it on the fly.

If rain won the round by ship collecting, then so be it. If people didnt recognise him as the winner, then so be it. I dont think keeping your value very low for the win is a valid tactic either, but so be it.

I seem to remember in pax when alot of fang, not wanting ecl to win the round, jumped ship to ely. The admins diod not get involved with it then even though ely did nothing to warrent the win other than accept high scored fang planets....

Last edited by Fyodor; 25 Mar 2006 at 19:57.
Fyodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:56   #33
Mystical

but that is not against the rules, where donating ships is.

Blue tears never dry..

Mystical
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:58   #34
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I have no thoughts on whether or not he should have won the round. My only thought is that the PA team should not have interfered with something that was not interfered with in the past. If they wanted to do something about it, they should have discussed what needed to be done after the round. Not take a stab at it on the fly.

If rain won the round by ship collecting, then so be it. If people didnt recognise him as the winner, then so be it.

I seem to remember in pax when alot of fang, not wanting ecl to win the round, jumped ship to ely. The admins diod not get involved with it then even though ely did nothing to warrent the win other than accept high scored fang planets....
i would have "donated" my ships to a zik to win by value and not letting an xp whore win. But as i know rain it would be farming so ofc i didnt do it nor got other ppl send him fleets.

well played rain was fun deffing agasint and with u

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 19:59   #35
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical
Thank you for saying what i was going to ^^

p3nguin Founder
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 20:04   #36
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical

How do we draw the line between lemming runs and donating ships? Dont get me wrong. I think this was planned and I think rain new about it. But without proof, lemming runs have always been allowed in the past so there should have been no interference by the PAteam.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 20:12   #37
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
i would have "donated" my ships to a zik to win by value and not letting an xp whore win. But as i know rain it would be farming so ofc i didnt do it nor got other ppl send him fleets.
Like mysty said, whether you knew him or not it's still against the rules for your planet to do that, I think some people have disregarded that. Hope you see what I mean.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 20:21   #38
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Like mysty said, whether you knew him or not it's still against the rules for your planet to do that, I think some people have disregarded that. Hope you see what I mean.
as i pressed submit i knew there is a line i should have added
lemming runs suicides are allowed
ship donations not

as long there is no strict rule explaining what is what ppl can do pretty much what they want. Even if there were rules ppl can mask their actions

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 20:21   #39
Mystical

Quote:
How do we draw the line between lemming runs and donating ships? Dont get me wrong. I think this was planned and I think rain new about it. But without proof, lemming runs have always been allowed in the past so there should have been no interference by the PAteam.
That is what the PA-team is for.. they make the discissions on that case cause they are supposingly are OBJECTIVE;d it would be bad if individual players would judge these kinda things. They taught things were TOO obvious and not deserved so this time they decided this. You even say yourself you think it was that way. If all think that in the PA-Team then the discission should be mate. There cannot be hard rules on it cause the line is weak but humans are perfectly able to judge things right where a computer or code cannopt, that is if they are objective.

EDIT: Ow and god dont think i like PA-Team, they make this horrible for me every round again!!

EDIT2: same case on sjor's : as long there is no strict rule explaining what is what ppl can do pretty much what they want. Even if there were rules ppl can mask their actions

Blue tears never dry..

Mystical
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 20:29   #40
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
PAteam need to stop lying. Seriously.

I wanted to know how he knew we recalled the fleets. I was forgeting that he didnt get news for it. :/

As regarding changing the outcome of the round. I dont feel i did. If the attacks i recalled had been legit they would never have landed. They lost everything for almost no gains. Just like several other fleets that had landed in the past couple of days.

I honestly dont think that rain is responsable for it. But it is our duty on the Pateam to not allow the out come of a round to be dictated by a few individuals who decide to donate someone into winning the round. This is not fair on the hard work of all the other people in the universe.

This was a very hard decision and was not taken lightly. We have been investagating it for a couple of days and had to do something. This is the best desicion we could make.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 20:35   #41
Fyodor
Behe

I think the PAteam is playing with smoke and mirrors. They say that rain didnt do anything wrong because if they say he did, then they have to have proof and thus give him the boot, along with everyone who donated.

So they use their "best judgment" which in my eyes has a bad track record. They intercede way to often and have on numerous occasions changed the scope of the game during the round.

As far as I can tell from some of the posts in this thread, people have been lemming/donating to rain for quite a few days. The PAteam didnt do anything when he displaced the number 5-4-3 player, etc. They only acted when he he had a chance to displace the number one player.

So I dont trust the pateams arbitrary-ness (jbg, i need help with the proper word) And I dont think they should have made a determination that was contrary to what they have allowed every round before this and have allowed right up to rain threatening for the number one.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 20:58   #42
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was lemmingrunning my fleet, and now it's supposed to be pulled!

I didn't think 13 5 1 a suitable target for a lemmingrun, for obvious reasons. I just found out, however, that I am too late, and won't land until havoc or so! Damn you PA team! Expand the round 1 tick please!

Edit: I logged in, and it wasn't pulled. (shhh)

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 21:08   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Arbitrary nature would be the expression you're looking for fyodor.
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 21:26   #44
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Ähm, isnt a lemmingrun supposed to do quite some harm just for fun?
"we will land no matter the def a target gets"
But launching at a target that does not need a single ship to def is surely no lemmingrun!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 21:26   #45
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Its a tricky call this, but one i think they did the lesser of the two evils for.
either you ignore it and let someone win dishonestly, or you intervene and deny them rank #1 by either closing them or recalling the fleets which would have otherwise been donated.
I think, imo that under the circumstances they did the right thing. a win by cheating is not a win at all, and its better to end #2 then to end in disgrace by being closed through the actions of other less reputable people trying to get you to #1

Its pretty much accepted by most reasonable people that ship donation is not permitted for very good reasons, regardless of if you want to call it a lemming run or not.
Its also (imo) clear that rain wasnt the one organising any fleet donations - which is why he wasnt closed for it.
Those donating their fleets might ( and indeed should ) have been, i dont have any info on who they were or if they are indeed closed now though.

regardless of who won and how, its a round that there are always going to be people refusing to accept the outcome - be it that XP turned the round into farce, or that ships were donated
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 22:56   #46
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How many of those who are supporting rain would find it perfectly acceptable if, for instance, next round I play as a solo zik, then the entirety of ND sacrifice their fleets on me over the last week and win me the round by 50 million score if they did so of their own free will, and I didn't ask them to?

The mh were in a very difficult position in this case, but overall I support them. Not because I dislike rain (who I don't know ), but because I dislike the idea of round victory relying on the altruism of your friends rather than your own performance.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 03:10   #47
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

imho, rain seriously did not deserve to win the round by donations.. Im sure he is smart enough to do the maths and figure out what the fleet donations on the way to him was going to do with his rank. The fact that he was more than eager enough to accept really tells a tale or two for itself.

cudos to pa team for pulling fleets, un-cudos for not informing him straight away.

Much Love
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 03:20   #48
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

gg for #1 rain

well done.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 03:21   #49
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

The whole steal idea is a big fat laugh. HAHAHA

Grow a brain....

Try something new!

Jeeezes!!
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 03:36   #50
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
The whole xp idea is a big fat laugh. HAHAHA

Grow a brain....

Try something new!

Jeeezes!!

agree

Quote: