User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2005, 14:34   #1
PrinceLoneStar

PrinceLoneStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Special Asteroids in 1:1:x ...?!

Um, I like the idea of the special asteroids,

but how do i capture one when all the owners currently don't seem to be bothered about expanding only moderating the game (fair enough).

Hence they are too small already to attack and we aren't even out of protection yet...

If you decide you need to divy out the asteroids to get them into play feel free to give the crystal one to me for bringing this to your attention My intial plan being to take it by force.
PrinceLoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2005, 15:24   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Special Asteroids in 1:1:x ...?!

They will initiate them eventually
plus they is admin staff so I wouldnt mind them donating a lil resource or 2 just to give them selves more roids so we can all steal them But don't worry someone will be able to steel them and if you growing to fast then you dont need them
They bring unwanted incomings tbh.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:03   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I agree with you here noah02. I also see no problem with 1:1 using admin tools to add roids and even some ships to their planet so they act very much like practice targets early on until they lose theor golden roid.

As long as they dont use these extra ships to defend others and dont build over the top numbers of ships it wont really damage the game and will give people a chance to practice attacking without the threat of thousands of alliance defence turning up and retals being launched
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 09:34   #4
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

damn, so i cant defend you wakey ;-)
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:14   #5
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

That's all very well until a Zik steals a free fleet from an afk, allianceless PA team member.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:19   #6
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

I believe its called being plain stupid.

Congratulations Xontas you have just undermined all those in the top10 by adminning yourself there.

Please tell what was so hard about initiating 100 roids and no ships?

Special asteroids are all well and good, but this IS NOT havoc, i dont expect to see admins mess around with in-game mechcanics in real rounds.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:30   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Xontas i said initiating roids was fine but building ships wasnt the best of ideas :/
Now all them xans and cats who can get in there first are gonna get free xp and roids and such asap.
Initiating just roids like I said would have been pretty damn fine and we still could have waited a lil bit longer for them so we can create the wakey food chain.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:37   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

laughing out loud on the internet here folks.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:38   #9
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

yes the xp bit makes it silly tbh
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:38   #10
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty gutting for any player who get's his highest rank tick 130 onwards. Nasty!
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:39   #11
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

I don't know if I'm allowed to paste unit scans here so I won't but hes only given himslef loads of anti co/de/fi which gives ziks an unfair advantage as he has no anti fr. Any ziks attacking will be able to steal a load of free ships.

Could have at least given anti ships that target all the races

Rd 13-16
Veneratio | VGN | Subh
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:42   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

If I were running the game, I would remove the bash limit on 1:1.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:45   #13
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

the most stupid idea i've seen for a LONG time, someone is gona get a massive xp boost...
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:45   #14
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

this was quite stupid. Just when I though PA team couldn't go any lower.....
They crawl under my front porch.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:47   #15
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

no thinking as usual heh
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:49   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

In fairness, xontas has always been an utter twat who makes rash decisions without the use of any intelligent thought. Is anyone really that surprised?
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:51   #17
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

And it sure was nice of him to neglect 1:1:3, 1:1:5 and 1:1:7 - the problem still stands, since it was only fixed for his own planet.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 12:02   #18
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

he probably wanted to appear like he could actually do good after being made to look like a muppet so many times in the past.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:25   #19
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
That's all very well until a Zik steals a free fleet from an afk, allianceless PA team member.
I dont know how many ship Xontas did actually add but the way I was thinking wasnt so they went overboard and would give a Zik a major new fleet if they attacked 1:1 but just enough to help bump their score slightly while making them not a completly lossless roid and so attacks would have to commit something other than pods. After all thats one of the problems you have with giving themselves roids to bump score so they can have their golden roids stolen as you turn the planet into a free roid farm for everyone to roids

Having now looked at his ranking it would seem hes gone over the top with the ships and rather than adding a few to throw buno in the road for anything thinking free roids hes made it so the planets basically just a roid farm for the big
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:54   #20
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Erm, this is technically farming XP surely? Or tool abuse? Or bug abuse (allowing someone with such little thought, admin tools, has to be a bug on osmeones part).
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:55   #21
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

This is so stupid, it'll completely affect the t100 at this stage, giving away 300 roid planets at midday for nothing.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 15:29   #22
wakey
Hamster

In future rounds wouldnt it be better to maybe at tick 72 randomly assign the golden roids to between players whom had logged in during the last 24 hours or something. That way it would ensure the roids were at active players whom could be attacked and with it being random between these active players it would leave them at varying levels of the game
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 18:50   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stupid. Nothing more to say than that.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 21:36   #24
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

thanks guys

i love you 2

basicly did what about 500 mails asked me to do
and i edited all the ex back for all the people that attacked me to the level they would have got without the admin action :-)

also the people that stole did have some loses aswell

so its a storm in a glass of water
(btw i made it kinda obvious to make it fun, if you dont get that you are WAY to serious to have any fun)
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 22:04   #25
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

cudnt u just play? login 3 times a day init roids and build fleet?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 23:36   #26
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
cudnt u just play? login 3 times a day init roids and build fleet?
Why do you think he's on PA-Team?
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 10:59   #27
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
thanks guys

i love you 2

basicly did what about 500 mails asked me to do
and i edited all the ex back for all the people that attacked me to the level they would have got without the admin action :-)

also the people that stole did have some loses aswell

so its a storm in a glass of water
(btw i made it kinda obvious to make it fun, if you dont get that you are WAY to serious to have any fun)
Stupid
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 12:04   #28
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Why do you think he's on PA-Team?
sad but true

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote