User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 16:30   #1
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough
power abusing by jolt (bribings!?) :)

i heard some1(current phrak/mistu HC) who was closed by pa-team did offer money 2 jolt and pa-team to get him + his *multies* reopened....Pa-team didn't want 2 open em, and now jolt made sure he got reopenend....

don't know wheter i tell the story 100% correctly, but i just wanted 2 share this rumour with you guys

[edit] dunno what actually is with the HC from phrak and mistu atm since they merged, so just put down phrak/mistu [/edit]
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)

Last edited by derry; 12 Jul 2004 at 21:19.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 16:37   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: power abusing by jolt (bribings!?) :)

This sounds like rubbish tbh.

wild speculation.

im told on regular ocassions to shut down threads on these boards which openly critisise her Majestys Government.

The man who asks me to do it is the Prime Minister himself.

'do it or be killed'

:-(
It's not personal, it's just business.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 16:38   #3
Snoopeh
GIMP

Snoopeh is an unknown quantity at this point

jolt = corrupt feckers? :\
VtS
Instinct
Fury
Pack
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 16:53   #4
derry

person in question is BBW or BigBadWolf... also known by his fake/multi Ironic...
known to be offering money to jolt ... has been closed and opened multiple times now... has also been known to private message people he knows around pa and tell them he is buying pa/jolt and threaten to ban them from anything pa related...
now reopened after jolt threatened to fire the pa rep if he did not reopen the accounts in question...

That better JammyJim?

and yes, i'm getting asked 2 write all this stuff
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 16:58   #5
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by derry

That better JammyJim?
i doubt it, as you dont prove anything here.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 17:24   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i'm guessing a denial from dom is required on this one, and given his community presence i can't see that happening. you know the saying tho, no smoke without a fire, just a case of who's burned i guess

-mist
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 17:44   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
has also been known to private message people he knows around pa and tell them he is buying pa/jolt and threaten to ban them from anything pa related...
I'm going to PM people and tell them I'm going to buy the earth and have them shot off of it in space pods with little oxygen if they don't comply with my wishes now.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 17:47   #8
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I'm going to PM people and tell them I'm going to buy the earth and have them shot off of it in space pods with little oxygen if they don't comply with my wishes now.
Just because you are not stupid enough to believe what random people on IRC are saying to you, doesnt mean that everybody else is aswell..
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 17:59   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure whether you were trying to make a compliment, or were making a dig, so...

THANK YOU :)))))))))
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:04   #10
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I'm not sure whether you were trying to make a compliment, or were making a dig, so...

THANK YOU ))))))))
it was neither
I 3> you to btw :P
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:05   #11
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

oh, i heard that they initially refused, so this BBW had to send his custom S.W.A.T Team to the jolt manager house, and kidnap his daughter, and treathen him to reopen his 100 planets + accounts in exchange of his daughter release.

Oh, by the way, he would release her when the round would be over, to make sure that they wont close him again before round end.

better?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:22   #12
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

i don't know the ins and the outs other (what with nobody tells me anythign anymore).. but i belive there was a multi recently who threatened lagal action and sent a lawyer to the head of jolt...

what came of it i dunno
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:28   #13
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

uh? :/
so its all true?
damn.
who is bored enough to send a lawyer to the head of jolt - rofl.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:33   #14
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

i never said it was true.. i like everyone these days get my info from listening in channels..
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:42   #15
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

The case in under review, there's been an argument put forth that suggests that there could be an innocent explanation for apparent multying and we are looking into it. In the meantime it was felt the fairest thing to do was to re-open the accounts, although if the evidence we have is proven to be correct then the accounts will be closed again.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:46   #16
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i thought you were in the pateam alch, surely jolt keeps you informed of what's going on?

-mist
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:50   #17
mist
Jolt's best friend

biffy, was your job at any time threatened?

i think that's what people are interested in, not whether someone's managed to find an origonal excuse for multiing

-mist
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:55   #18
alch
Retired

Quote:
i thought you were in the pateam alch, surely jolt keeps you informed of what's going on?
me PAteam? OMG. no? heh?
/me slap mist

i am a regular player like all other players in this game, i know all my stuff by listening to door.
tho i must understand, if PATeam close a multi, i just need to send a mail to jolt, yelling and saying im going to sue their A$$ and then i will get reopened until the case will be reviewed (by our day, this will be very very slow and i am sure the guy will be able to play until end of round )
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 18:55   #19
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy
The case in under review, there's been an argument put forth that suggests that there could be an innocent explanation for apparent multying and we are looking into it.
BigBadWolf and innocence? hohohoho I seriously hope that is a joke m8
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:00   #20
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
me PAteam? OMG. no? heh?
musta been kal then, i get the pair of you confused :P

-mist
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:12   #21
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Sounds interesting.. if i remmember correctly the NDA states that normally planets are closed while investigations are made.. yet in this case the they have been opened...

must be a new policy
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:14   #22
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

on another note

see first post - Last edited by biffy on 12 Jul 2004 at 18:51.

can i ask what was so offensive in the original post that had to be removed??
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:16   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We should have stayed in PA team a while longer Karm. Maybe we could have had a nice pay-off .
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:20   #24
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

hehe don't see that happening mate.. maybe sacking or threat of court action if we were lucky
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:22   #25
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

Mist - I was told to re-open the accounts. If you don't do what you are told to in your job then usually you don't keep that job for long.

In general I think this situation has been blown out of proportion a bit, as someone who has spent a lot of money on planetarion accounts it is important to get the decision correct and therefore I don't think it is unreasonable to take steps beyond those normally required when dealing with possible multi accounts. If a suitable explanation for the information we have isn't forthcoming then he will be closed like any other multi.

Last edited by biffy; 12 Jul 2004 at 19:27.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:27   #26
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Mist - I was told to re-open the accounts. Had I not done so who is to say what would have happened.

Who told you?

Someone who knows the ins and outs if the game? Or someone who doesnt really know anything about the game, and probably doesnt care?

And what are pateams views, and Spinners in particular?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:29   #27
derry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
on another note

see first post - Last edited by biffy on 12 Jul 2004 at 18:51.

can i ask what was so offensive in the original post that had to be removed??

wasn't offensive, but wasn't needed 2 remove it either tho

was someting about who was threathend (giving out cookies 2 the first 2 geuss it right (seeing as biffy doesn't want 2 see the name there )

Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:32   #28
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

second letter of alphabet
twenty-third letter of alphabet
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:36   #29
alch
Retired

forest, i have come to understand, that we are puppets.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:38   #30
alch
Retired

are we going to get this thread majorly edited and closed or maybe deleted to hide the truth?
:/ that remind me some old system.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:40   #31
derry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
twenty-third letter of alphabet
no cookie

btw, 5 letters, starts indeed with the second letter of the alphabet

Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:41   #32
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
are we going to get this thread majorly edited and closed or maybe deleted to hide the truth?
:/ that remind me some old system.
If that happens an eternal webbie will go up, and passed around all good alliances (and some rubbish ones too).

Hiding the truth wont happen, and im sure no-one in pateam would try (or want ) that to happen.

Someone who is in charge of Jolt might be silly enough too though
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:42   #33
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
In general I think this situation has been blown out of proportion a bit, as someone who has spent a lot of money on planetarion accounts it is important to get the decision correct
so, basically, if you pay jolt enough they'll look the other way? i'm hoping that's not the case, however the way you put things it sounds like it is. i'm not sure how that CAN be blown out of proportion. from what you say, i get the impression that it's bad to multi with, say a couple of accounts, yet if i buy 20 then jolt will roll out the red carpet. from where i'm sitting that has a serious impact on gameplay, and therefore is very important.

Quote:
and therefore I don't think it is unreasonable to take steps beyond those normally required when dealing with possible multi accounts.
implying that the steps usually taken, ie planetarion's regular multi hunting, are inadequate?

Quote:
If a suitable explanation for the information we have isn't forthcoming then he will be closed like any other multi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r12 eula (ta karm)
Once an account has been found guilty of cheating the account will be closed
so, either he was closed without being guilty, in which case when's someone going to be repremanded over it, or he was closed due to guilt and has been reopened while, by your own admission, he's not been proved innocent. how is this like "any other multi"?

from where i'm sitting, it looks like someone's cheating on a large enough scale for their money to buy them special treatment. hopefully that isn't true, but i can't think of any other explanations at the moment...

-mist
ps, this is all opinion or quotes, and is probably a vast misrepresentation of the truth. don't send the lawyers round. ta
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:47   #34
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Quote:
no cookie

ah i thought u meant the player concerner in that case

second letter
ninth letter
sixth letter
sixth letter
twenty-fifth letter
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:48   #35
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

No mist, we're not looking the other way. The accounts are open subject to a suitable explanation of the discrepancies we have found. If there isn't such an explanation forthcoming then they will be closed again.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:48   #36
Forest

Biffy, whats your personal opinion (and I dont mean the opinion Jolt have told u u have to have)?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:50   #37
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

don't you know by now.. pateam don't give personal opinions it ends up being mis interpretted and making things worse ( i should know i used to do it enough)

plus as biffy works for jolt .. technically whatever he says is whatever jolt say and thus is bad business practice
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:51   #38
SepH
no

Can we call all this "derrygate" :P ?

------------------------
no cookie

-------------------------

http://www.biffy.com/images/home_new_05.gif

?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:52   #39
alch
Retired

Quote:
In general I think this situation has been blown out of proportion a bit, as someone who has spent a lot of money on planetarion accounts it is important to get the decision correct and therefore I don't think it is unreasonable to take steps beyond those normally required when dealing with possible multi accounts. If a suitable explanation for the information we have isn't forthcoming then he will be closed like any other multi.
is it me? or i see in this post a little bit of contradiction and some paradox?

Quote:
as someone who has spent a lot of money on planetarion accounts it is important to get the decision correct
Quote:
IF .... he will be closed like any other multi
so basically, you are telling us that because he spent a lot of money on PA account, 1. he get a better treatement than any other multi, 2, he is not a multi as you said he would be closed as any other multi, 3. steps beyond thoses usually taken? i know that MH close account when its a multi, did phil sent 2 big guys at the account holder to break his legs and we DID not know about this?
or did he unreasonnably went beyond the power he has been given?
if we cannot enforce the EULA on users, and get every 2 seconds a jolt representative (with all due respect to you mr biffy) bypassing the PATeam, then what power the PATeam has exactly?
should we invoke chaos and show jolt what their measure can bring on PA? self-destruction for the 3rd times???

i am dissapointed in whats going on.
its just my 2 cents.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:54   #40
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
No mist, we're not looking the other way. The accounts are open subject to a suitable explanation of the discrepancies we have found. If there isn't such an explanation forthcoming then they will be closed again.
i never said you were looking the other way, i just implied that someone might not be seeing straight.

i'm going to go out on a limb, and assume that all other closed accounts which have protested innocence have been reopened while they sort out their stori... explanations as well then?

'lol'

-mist
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:54   #41
Forest

Alch, im wondering, how pateam can ever close someone after this.

I tink they just made cheating allowed :/
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:58   #42
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

All rather scarey but ultimately I can't say im not surprised.

However, as an aside, in this GAME If someone really wants to go that far to threaten legal action does this mean we all have to have legal disclaimers in our signatures ?

I mean we wouldnt want to accuse someone of cheating/multiing/blocking and then receive a lawyers letter suing us do we?

And besides I thought the agreement was to protect the honest players. Why one rule for one and another rule for another ?

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:58   #43
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Only if you can afford it, though
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 19:59   #44
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

alch - I'm saying that if someone brings something to the attention of Jolt with an explanation that, on the face of it, looks like it may be plausible then we have to look into it. I do this with other areas of Jolt (such as FPS games) when there are complaints made about action taken by our admins there. In this situation we've been told to look into it in a specific way i.e. the accounts should be opened whilst the person in question is given a chance to put across their side of the story to the evidence we have.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 20:02   #45
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Alch, im wondering, how pateam can ever close someone after this.

i dunno forest people can still be done for farming (as long as the farm isn't a multi planet as they can get away with that)
and they can be done for putting incorrect details in at time of signup
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 20:02   #46
mist
Jolt's best friend

will you be changing the eula to reflect the fact that multis are now accused and left open while they make their defence?

-mist
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 20:04   #47
Forest

Quote:
alch - I'm saying that if someone brings something to the attention of Jolt with an explanation that, on the face of it, looks like it may be plausible then we have to look into it. I do this with other areas of Jolt (such as FPS games) when there are complaints made about action taken by our admins there. In this situation we've been told to look into it in a specific way i.e. the accounts should be opened whilst the person in question is given a chance to put across their side of the story to the evidence we have.
So if someone complains, then u will reopen and look into it further?

Surely that smacks of desperation, and every cheat in the game will be doing that.

And Karm, i think u will find now that Jolt will NOT close for putting incorrect details, and that again mkes cheating more easy.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 20:04   #48
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
In this situation we've been told to look into it in a specific way i.e. the accounts should be opened whilst the person in question is given a chance to put across their side of the story to the evidence we have.
The question is why this case is different from all other cases of suspected cheating, where the accounts in question are closed while investigations take place.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 20:04   #49
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

so basically if you pay for 20 accounts you get to play them... as after all it's getting jolt money simple logic really... why didn't anyone think of that earlier:/
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 20:04   #50
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

so what your saying Biffy is :

If the hunters close you just scream FIRE (meaning file a complaint) to Jolt and you will be open?

Don't think thats a good way of doing things.
And I think a fair explanation is in order here.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Closed Thread