User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 02:53   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Im just venting

I was playing poker.

Couple of calls (Big blind is 300) on the hand and it gets to me in late position.

I go all in for 4k with 99 (not exactly optimal but i took into consideration my "position" and thought it was good).

Everyone folds pronto (like i read them for the weak ****ing hands they had) except one ****er.

This ****er calls me with Ace 7 off.

The ****ing bastard hits his ace on the ****ing river.

I am pretty ****ing pissed at the moment.

Next hand (i was still watching) guy goes all in for 8k and gets called by a 5k guy.

8k guy had Ace King off whilst 5k guy had Ace 7 off.

Ace 7 guy hits his 7.

I MEAN WHERE IN THE **** ARE THESE DUMB BASTARDS LEARNING TO PLAY
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:00   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Im just venting

ive seen this before

seems to be the school of "I have a picture card must be good!"

****in nubs
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:01   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Generally I find that the people doing that in low limit games are people to whom the buy-in fee is pretty negligible. They just want excitement.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:04   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went all in this evening with a pair of aces for 2500
Numbnuts also went all in with a pair of 7's

No cards were showing at this point

Cards were drawn , he picked up a 7 , and a pair of 9's for a full house.

No Ace's were drawn.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:05   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what im finding is that poker is becoming more accessible to the masses, ie they can learn online or from tv, rather than learning the way i did, which was me and 5 mates got together each week, ciggies, cigars, beer and played. That way taught me certain virtues of playing, different playing styles, atm when i play online im quiet and wont do anything until i have a good time and im sure i can get something, normally by this time theres what 4 of us left and u need to be top 3 to get money, tbh people should stop all this bluffing bs, its ok to play against for money, annoying when they get lucky, but they should learn to play real poker, and not see it as I have loadsa money all in each hand...:/
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:09   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I went all in this evening with a pair of aces for 2500
Numbnuts also went all in with a pair of 7's

No cards were showing at this point

Cards were drawn , he picked up a 7 , and a pair of 9's for a full house.

No Ace's were drawn.

Be comforted by the fact that you were an 90% favourite*

*this is correct isnt it JBG ... over pair to underpair
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:11   #7
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

surely if they are using the tactic and winning it's a good tactic?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:13   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Generally I find that the people doing that in low limit games are people to whom the buy-in fee is pretty negligible. They just want excitement.

i need to keep reminding myself of this ... if i dont other players will :(
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:15   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
surely if they are using the tactic and winning it's a good tactic?

They won.

They won those particular hands.

The odds were in mine and the AKo guys favour.

If we replayed the hand another 9 times me and AKo guy would win like 8 of them or somthing*

As such its a ****ing stupid ass strategy (on the A7o guys part).

*JBG tighten me up on my % chance thing ... what are the "real" odds?
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:19   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

BTW JBG spot "The Obvious Mistake"
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:33   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not raising pre-flop. Not raising on the flop. Playing limit on a loose table where the money obviously meant something to him.

By the way aces verus an underpair is an 82% favourite dace.

PS
Quote:
I realize that I needed the field thinned to make these worth anything, but the tables was fairly loose and I knew that I would get a bunch of callers making my chances of success slim anyway, so I limped in.
is probably the worst line I've ever heard and if that's how he thinks about poker he deserved to lose that pot.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:55   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Not raising pre-flop. Not raising on the flop. Playing limit on a loose table where the money obviously meant something to him.

BINGO :)

Quote:
By the way aces verus an underpair is an 82% favourite dace.

I had my suspicions but wasnt sure.

BTW what were the odds on Pair vs Ace + lower kicker than the pair?
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 03:57   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

70/30

You should really find an online holdem odds calculator. I'm sure google can help on this one!

As a general aside I've found that at a high level poker is very much a game you pick up in the margins. The fact that j,10 is the nuts with every single straight draw. That the worse hand at a 10-way table is ace rag. That the moment to change your style is the moment the other guy makes a good fold to you. That implied odds are the reason holdem should be played no limit. I've folded kings to aces and middle set to top set. The most important two seconds in poker are the ones when you stop, and think.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 15 Dec 2004 at 04:08.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:27   #14
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only imagine the people going in with suicidal odds hands are either

a) Pushed for time and just wanna wrap up

or

b) Considerably much richer than you and consider going all in on an ace 7 no worse than going all in on 6 2 with play chips

So the real answer is

Play with much higher financial stakes.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:31   #15
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i just went out in the freeroll after being in the last 200 out of thousands....

i was holding K7 spades.

flop came and i hit a flush

i raised someone elses raise. etc
eventually on the river i go all in. and he calls me

GUESS WHAT HE WAS HOLDING

Ace 6

spades

so i lose :-((
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:37   #16
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

You and your silly internet games.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 20:03   #17
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

This whole thread is like Chinese to me.
I know a bit of poker, but what the hell is an Ace 7?
And what is an overpair and underpair?
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 20:04   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Im just venting

I know nothing of either card games or finances, so this thread is G(r)eek to me.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 21:15   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
This whole thread is like Chinese to me.
I know a bit of poker, but what the hell is an Ace 7?
And what is an overpair and underpair?
An ace with a seven. That's fairly self explanatory. (You start with two cards in your hand in holdem fyi).

An overpair/underpair is where you have a pair (the underpair) and you're up against a higher pair (the overpair) eg king, king versus six, six.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 21:16   #20
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
An ace with a seven. That's fairly self explanatory. (You start with two cards in your hand in holdem fyi).

An overpair/underpair is where you have a pair (the underpair) and you're up against a higher pair (the overpair) eg king, king versus six, six.
I see. I thought all five cards were dealt at once, so ace 7 didn't make much sense to me.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 21:21   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Texas holdem is a different variant of poker game (the most popular one at the minute). You have two cards in your hand and there are blah blah blah..........
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 23:12   #22
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

1) If the BB was only 300, and you had 4k, you shudnt be going all in mid position with 99's
2) He shudnt have called you either tho

But at the same time mid postion you prob have about 4-5 ppl after you after a few have limped in. SO people after you could have any 2 over cards (calling yous a coin toss) or an overpair, ure massive underdog.
+ the limpers before you could be awaiting a raise.

I would say unlucky , but going all in when you didnt need to preflop with 99's and if you lose, it isnt really unlucky
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 23:37   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
1) If the BB was only 300, and you had 4k, you shudnt be going all in mid position with 99's
2) He shudnt have called you either tho

But at the same time mid postion you prob have about 4-5 ppl after you after a few have limped in. SO people after you could have any 2 over cards (calling yous a coin toss) or an overpair, ure massive underdog.
+ the limpers before you could be awaiting a raise.

I would say unlucky , but going all in when you didnt need to preflop with 99's and if you lose, it isnt really unlucky

Like i said i took into consideration the "table conditions".

Going all in up to that point had been a very respected move (making people fold etc).

I looked at the chip stacks of the people in the hand (ie those who had called and the blinds).

The blinds were half my size ... the guy who called me was the only guy bigger than me (and then he was only double my size ... and he only called ... he normally bet his hand etc).

I figured i needed to make a move and the prospect of picking up 1.4k looked VERY attractive.

*shrug*

I knew it was risky but i figured people would think it was riskier to call me.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 23:39   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

BTW i was late position (either last or second last ... i cant remember) not mid table.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 23:51   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

OK tonights tale of woe is thus.

Get K(d)K(s).

BB is 30.

I raise for 300.

I get 2 callers.

Flop comes:

3(d)J(d)T(h)

I go all in.

One of the guys calls me.

He has Ace 2 off.

He hits the ace on the river.

These morons really piss me off.

(odds of me losing = ? JBG)
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 01:39   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

Similar to the aces versus underpair thing but slightly worse (luck that is).
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 01:56   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

:(
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 02:28   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I should start playing poker just so I have an idea of what's going on.

I'm used to a completely different variant of poker though, where you start off with a hand of 5 cards, and get to exchange up to 3 to form a new hand. None of that shared card stuff. But of course, that's only suitable for smaller amounts of players.

What would be a good place to play?
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 03:02   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

Pokerstars is probably the biggest (and most famous) poker site on the internet. Places such as ladbrokes and betfair offer extra things (freerolls with a realistic chance of money or added money in certain tournaments) but if you're just looking for a place to pick up the basics and such I'd probably recommend pokerstars.