User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 21:50   #1
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation A Manson's Tale II.

So I was in the school on my placement.

Altogether it wasn't bad.

Most of the teachers were very friendly, apart from the one who mainly dealt with me, who was a nasty piece of work masquerading as a middle-aged woman with a weight problem and an abominable dress sense. She mellowed out a bit over the time I was there, but it was clear from the start that we were never going to be friends, and so this proved to be.

It's a fairly odd sensation, I have to say, sitting in a school staff room with all the other staff, chating and making jokes, drinking milky tea, and being generally silly when at every other point in your life a school staff room was a scary and forbidding place which, if you needed to visit, you did so with a deep sense of doom.

The kids were quite reasonable, all things considered. As this was a middle school (Which, incidentally, will probably be closed within three years, as Northumberland Council is hell-bent on abolishing it's middle school system.) there were none of the Dace-esque 'cuties' which one would expect from a secondary school or college. I did get a few giggles from some of the girls, although I couldn't figure out whether this was because they liked me or thought I was a goit. In the end I gave them a wink for their efforts anyway. Mostly it was just rather innocent comments about my hair or my dress sense.

I'll tell you this much though; you begin to realise what a problem obesity is amongst children. Some of the girls there couldn't have been more than 11 or 12, and they were already looking like Russian wrestlers. And I mean male Russian wrestlers.

Something else which is notable is the fact that, as far as I can tell, there were no checks done to see if I was actually a student from Newcastle or I was in fact a perverted individual merely attempting to get kicks from sitting around young girls wearing tight shirts all day. (When in fact, I am of course both.) This surprised me a lot, especially considering how security-conscious schools are these days. Their front door was electronically locked, but when this was coupled with the above, it seemed rather to defeat the object of the thing.

Oh, and yes, school dinners are as bad as you remember them.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 23:22   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Manson's Tale II.

ooh fun...

just an attempt to explain the giggles... what were you WEARING today?
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 23:40   #3
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

The good ol' note-on-back trick, I bet. They prolly do it to all teacher-students
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 23:40   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I did a couple of days work for a government agency about 3 weeks ago. They didn't check me either, and considering they were dealing with nuclear power stations and the like, you would have thought they might have been, at least, a little paranoid about who they let loose there. Some of the information about the shipping of spent nuclear fuel could have been very useful to the wrong people.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:06   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: A Manson's Tale II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Something else which is notable is the fact that, as far as I can tell, there were no checks done to see if I was actually a student from Newcastle or I was in fact a perverted individual merely attempting to get kicks from sitting around young girls wearing tight shirts all day. (When in fact, I am of course both.) This surprised me a lot, especially considering how security-conscious schools are these days. Their front door was electronically locked, but when this was coupled with the above, it seemed rather to defeat the object of the thing.
I can barely get into my kids' schools without submitting to a strip search, which is mildly annoying when I'm just dropping off a backpack they forgot at home.
Quote:
My kids refuse to eat the school lunches, so I get to make lunches for them. I figure I've made approximately 2000 bag lunches so far with about 2600 to go (yeah parenthood sucks the hours of your life like marrow from the bone, but my mind is still free dammit!).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:13   #6
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
ooh fun...

Same thing he wears every day Pinky...

A suit capable of taking over.....

THE WORLD!!!!!!!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:23   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Skiddy , as soon as i see your Avatar ,i immediately think "Come up the Lab, lets see whats on the Slab"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:27   #8
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I could remove the cause, but not the symptoms.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 05:06   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

i thought mm would check the boys out?
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 06:28   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So I was in the school on my placement.

Altogether it wasn't bad.

Most of the teachers were very friendly, apart from the one who mainly dealt with me, who was a nasty piece of work masquerading as a middle-aged woman with a weight problem and an abominable dress sense. She mellowed out a bit over the time I was there, but it was clear from the start that we were never going to be friends, and so this proved to be.

It's a fairly odd sensation, I have to say, sitting in a school staff room with all the other staff, chating and making jokes, drinking milky tea, and being generally silly when at every other point in your life a school staff room was a scary and forbidding place which, if you needed to visit, you did so with a deep sense of doom.

The kids were quite reasonable, all things considered. As this was a middle school (Which, incidentally, will probably be closed within three years, as Northumberland Council is hell-bent on abolishing it's middle school system.) there were none of the Dace-esque 'cuties' which one would expect from a secondary school or college. I did get a few giggles from some of the girls, although I couldn't figure out whether this was because they liked me or thought I was a goit. In the end I gave them a wink for their efforts anyway. Mostly it was just rather innocent comments about my hair or my dress sense.

I'll tell you this much though; you begin to realise what a problem obesity is amongst children. Some of the girls there couldn't have been more than 11 or 12, and they were already looking like Russian wrestlers. And I mean male Russian wrestlers.

It's just as bad with catering for important high level functions, where say the Prime Ministers Wife or other celebrities could be. No checks no nothing, direct access to important people while handling their drinks, on top of that we were not permitted to serve the wine in closed bottles...
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 18:05   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Just a three piece suit.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 18:27   #12
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Your stories are rather enjoyable.
Carry on Marilyn, carry on.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 18:34   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you should really have had a standard disclosure police test run, failing that though, i imagine that the school have actually been in communication with your uni you know.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 18:37   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
you should really have had a standard disclosure police test run

They take 6-7 weeks to do.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 19:45   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, but he should at least of had the forms posted out to him by now

as a side note, they have finally decided that i need to have standard disclosure, and its comedy gold, because i dont have a single one of the bracket 1 ID's, so, to do the job that i am already doing, with people who have known me since i was aged 3, i have to pull out 7 differewnt forms of ID that prove that i am who i say i am

its all a bit silly really
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 20:10   #16
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

as a side note, they have finally decided that i need to have standard disclosure, and its comedy gold, because i dont have a single one of the bracket 1 ID's, so, to do the job that i am already doing, with people who have known me since i was aged 3, i have to pull out 7 differewnt forms of ID that prove that i am who i say i am

What's a "bracket 1 ID"?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 20:16   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Probably means a passport or a driving licence, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 21:15   #18
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I had to get disclosure as part of my application for uni.

They refuse to accept anyone with any criminal record whatsoever. Took about 2 months.

I thought it was compulsory for all teaching jobs etc to get disclosure? My gf had to have it before she started her teaching course.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 22:37   #19
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
I thought it was compulsory for all teaching jobs etc to get disclosure? My gf had to have it before she started her teaching course.
Not in Newcastle, infact some of the courses up here require a criminal record for both teachers and students to be part of.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 23:31   #20
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:

iirc, in order to get a passport i just had to get someone 'respectable' to sign something saying i was who i claimed to be...

this seems rather ott

-mist
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 23:31   #21
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
I had to get disclosure as part of my application for uni.

They refuse to accept anyone with any criminal record whatsoever. Took about 2 months.

was this for a teaching course or something? otherwise that seems a little harsh

-mist
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 08:22   #22
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
iirc, in order to get a passport i just had to get someone 'respectable' to sign something saying i was who i claimed to be...

this seems rather ott

-mist
the great thing is that you can just fabricate a respectable person.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 11:51   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah, I found that at first. Especially because I went back to the school I used to go to, and saw the teachers were real people. You get used to it though. There are different breeds of teachers too. Watch out for the ones that hate the headmaster/mistress, and other teachers. The ones that aren't scared to show it. If you're feeling bitchy, they can be so amusing to talk to.

In mine the guy showing me round was showing me the pictures of all the staff on the wall.
Teacher: Ah that guy, tosspot. He's left now.
Me: Tosspot?
Teacher: Yeah, bloody pedophile.
Me: Oh right...
Teacher: Yep - had year 9 girls practicing lesbian scenes in a drama lesson.
Me: lol

Quote:
I did get a few giggles from some of the girls, although I couldn't figure out whether this was because they liked me or thought I was a goit.
What were you wearing? (and what do you look like?) I keep finding it really hard not to talk at the same level to some of the year 12/13 (those are the 17/18 year olds) people - you know, eying up the girls, saying "mate" to the boys.

Quote:
Something else which is notable is the fact that, as far as I can tell, there were no checks done to see if I was actually a student from Newcastle or I was in fact a perverted individual merely attempting to get kicks from sitting around young girls wearing tight shirts all day.
Yeah, I found that too. It was worse in some other places. One of my friends on the course was in a primary school for a week, with no checks or anything. He was left in the boy's changing rooms of a year 6 class (10/11 year olds) to "supervise", while they all kind of stripped to get changed for PE. As we're not even supposed to be left on our own, he wasn't sure where to look or what to do.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 12:10   #24
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
was this for a teaching course or something? otherwise that seems a little harsh

-mist
It's more of a case that we have access to expensive facilities (xray machines) and the prosection lab (dead bodies) and they're worried about people of a certain background up and running (or worse!) with said things.

I'm sure they make exceptions for minor unrelated crimes (speeding etc) but their policy on application was 'unblemished criminal record or no admittance'.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 18:28   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

What happened is this:

I phoned them up, told them my situation, asked to come in.

Reception phoned me up about half an hour later saying it was fine, and I could come in whenever I wanted.

So no. There were no checks done.