User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Nov 2004, 10:56   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Giving up smoking

Im currently trying to go cold turkey on cigarette smoking. Simply because i can't afford it any more and im getting a bit pissed off with having a constant cough. On saturday i smoked around 30, which is my normal amount, yesterday i smoked 5, and 3 or 4 joints. And so far today (so far... its only 10am) i havent smoked any. I want to see how long i can last.

So, anyone got any helpful hints or tips?

P.S i havent told anyone irl
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 11:11   #2
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Re: Giving up smoking

The first 72 hours will hurt like a bitch. Be a man and take it on the chin.

After that it gets easier and easier. Really.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 11:16   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

get some gum - you'll need stuff to do with your hands and mouth.
Nicotine gum should help get rid of the craving a little too.
If you buy some little candy stick things and just hold them between your fingers... it might help...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 11:53   #4
melandron
Brain Overload

melandron is an unknown quantity at this point

i went on the starbust diet when i gave up, bought big bags of starburst from the vending machine (it was one of the only things that was sold in big bags) and chewed on one when i wanted a cigarette... I didn't have any physical symptoms of addiction so it was easier... i just had to keep myslef doing something.
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 12:47   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i quit for a month or two, then started again, but when i quit, i found i ate more, so always have some food around, i needed something to do in those 5 minuted of fag breaks, so get a drink or a mars or something, you will probably put on a bit of weight but it can easily come off. The problem is the routine cigarettes, first of the day, after food fags, for me coming out of lectures, pub and a pint fag, trying to get in a situation where i dont need one, try and avoid smokey places, ie the outside and just use your head over everything.

Good Luck

its hard but worth it just dont start again like me
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 12:59   #6
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tell people you're quitting, that way when you ask them for a cig they can tell you no.
go places where you can't actually get any (work works for me, people there know i'm quitting so i can't actually get a cig while i'm there)
keep busy!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 13:15   #7
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

The main thing is to try not to think about it, which I know seems impossible.. but if you busy yourself with other things you will find that smoking goes clean out of your head. Environment is another main factor. Where do you smoke the most? For me I smoke mainly when I'm at work - when I get home I hardly smoke at all. So if I was going to quit I'd try and do it when I was off work because it would be easier to get my body used to not having nicotine in a place where I bearly smoke anyway (when I'm working I smoke about 15 per day, on days off (unless I am in the pub) I smoke 4-5 at the most in a day.

If you're going to go cold turkey it helps to do some forward planning. Before you quit you can train yourself to only smoke in certain places. For example you could stop smoking in your bedroom or in the living room and then these will be places you will find it easier to spend time in when you do quit. For me it's the PC. I used to smoke maybe 15 cigarettes between finishing work and going to bed at night. Now I maybe smoke 2. The reason being when I moved into my current flat 6 months ago I decided that I would only smoke in the kitchen where there's an extractor fan and therefore the whole flat wouldn't stink and Tony wouldn't spend every night hacking up.So now I will quite happily sit and watch TV/play the playstation/use the PC/read/whatever for hours without even thinking of smoking whereas before that would have been extremely difficult for me.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 13:28   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well, the problem is, i smoke absolutely all the time, absolutely everywhere. But it has got to the point where i just smoke far, far, far too much. 30 a day was probably the average (roll ups) but i have gone through a whole 2 pound pack of baccy in a day before, which is just plain silly.

to be honest, im not sure im going to be able to just quit straight off, but i thought i should at least try. And if i cant, i am certainly going to smoke far less than i was smoking. Which is some kind of small victory at least.

I could really do with not putting on any weight though, so bleh. Im just going to try and chew lots and lots and lots of gum.

As for the telling people thing, the reason im not telling anyone is because im not confident of success. This way if i give up on giving up no one will be any the wiser etc.
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 13:42   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

a way, a friend quit was smoke gradually less

he drew up a chart, on monday he would smoke the usual 20, tuesday 18, wednesday 16, and so on and so on. It gradually brought him down, its a bit gay having a chart and all, and counting how many fags u have but it worked for him, its als motivation as well, he gave himself a pint each time he met his target.
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 14:12   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What I would do is not have me as a friend.
A mate of mine is trying to quit. He doesn't smoke very often anyay - just when he's out in a pub, or bored at home, you know the kind of smoker. Anyway, when out on Friday, these 4 lovely lasses (who we later pegged (they weren't too happy about this)) came around the pub I was in offering packs of cigarettes for £2.00 for 20 (they were promoting a new brand). Assuming that my mate would crack later in the night when more pissed and seeing the £££ signs in my eyes, I decided to purchase said item, with the hope of selling them to him for a profit later. However, I ended up having to go home early for reasons I won't go into now, and also got rejected from the job I really wanted the next day.

Damn you karma, damn you.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 14:18   #11
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
What I would do is not have me as a friend.
A mate of mine is trying to quit. He doesn't smoke very often anyay - just when he's out in a pub, or bored at home, you know the kind of smoker. Anyway, when out on Friday, these 4 lovely lasses (who we later pegged (they weren't too happy about this)) came around the pub I was in offering packs of cigarettes for £2.00 for 20 (they were promoting a new brand). Assuming that my mate would crack later in the night when more pissed and seeing the £££ signs in my eyes, I decided to purchase said item, with the hope of selling them to him for a profit later. However, I ended up having to go home early for reasons I won't go into now, and also got rejected from the job I really wanted the next day.

Damn you karma, damn you.
take up smoking it will make it ok again
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 14:20   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
(who we later pegged (they weren't too happy about this)) [/i]
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=pegged&r=f

:eek:
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 14:22   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

:eek: x 10

This is not what happenned.....
We were playing pegs (along with at least 3 other drinking games at the same time - thumbmaster, international drinking rules and 21) where you have to put clothes pegs on your mates, when they have 3 on them without them noticing, they have to drink. This is what I meant by "pegging"

And Pig, I might well do that, I do have a pack of 20 after all!
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 14:37   #14
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
good link
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 15:18   #15
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Im currently trying to go cold turkey on cigarette smoking. Simply because i can't afford it any more and im getting a bit pissed off with having a constant cough. On saturday i smoked around 30, which is my normal amount, yesterday i smoked 5, and 3 or 4 joints. And so far today (so far... its only 10am) i havent smoked any. I want to see how long i can last.

So, anyone got any helpful hints or tips?

P.S i havent told anyone irl
I've heard of a lot of people who have successfully used MMORPG's to quit smoking, they find they are so absorbed in the game that the time flies by without them realising, before they know it they've went 12-14 hours without a cig and are ready for passing out.

While MMO's might not be your thing I think there's a lot to be said for being anti-social and engaging in behaviour that is uninterruptable and will keep you preoccupied for hours upon end for days upon end.

Try going camping for a few days and don't bring any cigs, just try engaging in something where you can keep yourself pre-occupied without the need to sit down and have a fag.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 16:24   #16
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

have you considered actually eating cold turkey when you get a craving?

after all, there must be some reason why it's called that...
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 17:29   #17
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

probably because cold turkey is considered bad

-mist
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 17:45   #18
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Here's an easy way to quit: when you're going to put a cigarette in your mouth, don't.

You can tell I've never smoked, can't you.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 17:58   #19
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the shock of being shagged up the arse by a girl with a dildo would probably put anyone of smoking again

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 20:06   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should tell people in real-life, the stigma of being an utter failure at life (when/if you buckle) might add incentive not to smoke further.

Alternately, you could do what they did in one episode of the Twilight Zone and employ some weirdo's to inflict serious amounts of violence on you every time you give in.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 15:44   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well, i did cave in yesterday... and i smoked 6 ciggies in all (oh noes! 6!)

anyway, today im going for 4, taking the advice of one of the people here. However, i was thinking of going out tonight and getting off my head, but im fairly sure that would lead to me puffing away on about 20 fags, as i normally tend to do. Anyone got any advice about that? is it really THAT hard not to smoke when youre pissed and trying to give up?

edit: oh yes, and i also told my housemate i was giving up...
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 16:18   #22
pig
1up on you

Quote:
well, i did cave in yesterday... and i smoked 6 ciggies in all (oh noes! 6!)

anyway, today im going for 4, taking the advice of one of the people here. However, i was thinking of going out tonight and getting off my head, but im fairly sure that would lead to me puffing away on about 20 fags, as i normally tend to do. Anyone got any advice about that? is it really THAT hard not to smoke when youre pissed and trying to give up?

edit: oh yes, and i also told my housemate i was giving up...
ok u say u were on 30 a day, cuttin down to 5 is bad, will give u a real bad cough firstly, because your used to smoking so much a day then cutting down you will get a cold, what i suggest is take a 20 pack smoke it. Tommorow when u buy another 20 pack, take out 2 ciggies, allow yourself to smoke 18, and so on, be4 you know it you will be on 1/2 a day and the cravings will of eased
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 16:39   #23
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't smoke and have hence never needed to quit, but I think a good idea would be trying to smoke one less cigarette a day until you are down to none. You say that you smoke about 30 a day? Well smoke 30 today, 29 tommorrow, 28 the next day, etc. in a month you should be smoke free!!

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 17:38   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well, i smoked 30 on sat, 8 on sun, 6 on monday, and so far havent smoked a single one today (granted, i did only get up when neighbours started). And havent felt any significant withdrawal at all, although i tend to have s high capacity for irritability, but i can deal with that.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 08:12   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
granted, i did only get up when neighbours started

Deepflow: keeping the Student stereotype alive.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 08:13   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On a totally random aside ...

"Do you think students would watch neighbours if it started before 13:00?"

I think "no".
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 09:58   #27
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace

I think "no".

I don't watch neighbours :O(

But then again, i still pay income tax, since the idea of living tax free does not appeal to me.
I've slagged off far to many students for being leeches :O((((
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 18:58   #28
pig
1up on you

Quote:

I think "no".
i only watch neighbours cuz its nice eye candy at that time in the afternnon, and then newsround just before with the ever so sexy elly, and then simpsons at 6, then holyoaks at 6:30
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 20:00   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
the idea of living tax free does not appeal to me.
I've slagged off far to many students for being leeches :O((((
How is living (income) tax free being a leech?
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 01:28   #30
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

taxes pay for stuff
services and the like, hospitals etc.
non tax payers dont pay for that....
hence, i call them leeches, before i became a student.

and
one more thing.

ITS NOT A MATTER FOR SERIOUS DISCUSSION.
Its not a big cultural statement to be disagreed with and argued with for 40 posts.
its just something i said a lot to students.
similar to "You Smelll" and, "**** off an eat some baked beans".

PS. and not all students, just my mates who became students.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 01:30   #31
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I think "no".
I don't have a TV this year. **** Neighbours, **** it in the ass. I want Diagnosis Murder.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 02:23   #32
Dace
so f*cking zen

Just remember Deep ... "quitters never achieve anything"
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 02:28   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I want Diagnosis Murder.

You want Columbo.

If you don't want Columbo then you want penis cancer.

If you want neither Columbo nor penis cancer then face AIDS is your only remaining choice.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 03:55   #34
Sunday8pm
Banned

I want Dream Team and **** you all in the ass who don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 04:04   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so how is it going?
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 04:15   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I want Dream Team and **** you all in the ass who don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
As in Sky One football show on at sundays at 8p......holy shit it's a conspiracy!
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 04:35   #37
Sunday8pm
Banned

They moved it to that timeslot just for me you know.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 11:03   #38
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
taxes pay for stuff
services and the like, hospitals etc.
non tax payers dont pay for that....
hence, i call them leeches, before i became a student.
There's other taxes you know.
VAT, Alcohol and Cigarette duty, insurance tax etc etc
So actually - we DO contribute to national services.
The only reason we don't pay income tax is because we don't earn over £4800 a year (not including the loan). Any non-student earning less than that amount wouldn't pay tax.
Last year I actually went over that limit and paid tax on what I went over.
Being a student is simply a useful excuse when you go to the tax office to say that you aren't gonna go over the limit.

I hate the fact that the idiotic general public actually think we scrounge of the government and don't pay taxes.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 11:05   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

****, that's a point, the Inland Revenue owe me £100.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 11:35   #40
Stew
Made of Twigs

I earned over £4800 and didn't pay tax because I signed a form
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 12:05   #41
Ste
Bored

well you should have done!
Watch out for the inland revenue!

(was it all in one job?)

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 12:06   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I'm currently paying about £1 per week tax on one of my incomes (of about £130 per week) because the agency made me tick the wrong box on the form despite me telling them it was incorrect.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 19:14   #43
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well, ive only smoked one so far today

and i dont have any baccy with me (im in london) anyway. So ill probably get through tonight. Ill see where i go from there.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 03:16   #44
cubass2
Still ace

cubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to behold

Assuming you're serious about quitting and assuming that you can buy some baccy or cigs in London, (I think they have outlets there) you should do the following recipe, it's a dead cert.

Aquire or create a bong, if you can't get hold of a scary looking glass skull with pipes coming out of it's eyes then just use a small Evian bottle and the bottom bit of a car aerial or 10mm copper pipe.

You will also need:

6 large eggs
6 bottles of poppers (liquid gold)
1 bottle of Jeyes fluid
200 Berkley Red 'cleaners fags'
A decent lighter
Jam jar with screw lid
Small bottle water

Break the eggs into the bong and add all the poppers and all the Jeyes, stir with the top bit of the car aerial. Fill the bowl with as much cig as you can, you're going to be bonging the lot including filters so you may want to keep the bottle of water handy lest your throat get a little dry.

once you've smoked all 200 cheap javelin cigs through the mixture including filters (remember to empty the bowl when it's burnt out into the egg mixture) pour the contents of the bong into the jam jar and screw the lid on. Store in an easy to reach location in your house but away from small children.

Next time you fancy a smoke (you won't) simply unscrew the lid of the jar and have a whiff of the contents, I'll put good money on you not fancying one.

If this option fails you might want to make up a smaller jar perhaps with an integrated pippette and apply drops of the mixture to your eyes in times of severe craving. Do NOT drink the mixture, the mixture is POISONOUS.

Good luck
cubass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 04:33   #45
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

heh
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 12:49   #46
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

sounds... interesting...

im afraid i fall at the first hurdle though, i cant afford 200 cigarettes

(phew)