User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Apr 2003, 21:33   #1
Borg_31373

Rabba's return

can somebody in charge plz plz explain just how in the name of all the seven hells did Rabba get his planet back after being closed for ship farming?

for christ sakes he even admitted to doing it as well

Rules

Game rules - an ammendment to the user agreement covered by paragraph 3 in the user agreement.

Offenses:

1. Account sharing

2. Owning multiple accounts

3. Farming (Both Ship and Asteroid Farming)

4. Profanities

Description of offenses:

1. Sharing the login information of an account between multiple users with the result of multiple users logging into one account. This includes:

Babysitting – the temporary occupancy of an account by anyone else then the original registrant itself.
Switching – the permanent taking over an account by another user from the original registrant.
2. Registering and activating multiple accounts by one user.

3. As farming is a difficult concept to define, the final decision in any matter will always be at the discretion of the Planetarion HQ. However to give you an idea of what can be interpreted as farming note the following guide definition:

Any attack launched with consent of the attacked planet’s user with the agreed goal of giving the attacking planet asteroids or ships, without suffering what is deemed as normal fleet losses in the process..

Now just how in hell does he manage this, its like the Creators are saying, [b]go out and cheat, multi, farm. All we shall do is close you for a few days and then let you get back to your cheating again, its not going to bother you much cuz we aint takin ya ships or roids away so you lose nothing[/b
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 21:34   #2
DragonLord

heh farming 100 demters aint farming it seems
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 21:35   #3
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
http://195.149.21.200/~paforum/showt...hreadid=162575
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 21:36   #4
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
He's open now, and that is that.

But however, if he is closed again due to another 'public outcry', then the whole process is a joke.
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 21:37   #5
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rabba's return

Quote:
Originally posted by Borg_31373
can somebody in charge plz plz explain just how in the name of all the seven hells did Rabba get his planet back after being closed for ship farming?[/b
Wasn't there 9 hells according to dante's inferno? :eek:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 21:45   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Re: Rabba's return

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
Wasn't there 9 hells according to dante's inferno? :eek:
9 circles of Hell, yes
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 22:13   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

But however, if he is closed again due to another 'public outcry', then the whole process is a joke.

The process became a joke the minute he was reopened, get a clue.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 22:41   #8
Fungi
Reincarnated PA Player

Fungi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:11   #9
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:18   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
The process has always been a joke--this was just our semi-annual reminder.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:22   #11
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by DragonLord
heh farming 100 demters aint farming it seems
lol ! Since i am a cathaar and can't farm 100 demeters can i farm 100 roids instead ? seems fair to me
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 14:34   #12
karx11erx
doing something...useful?

karx11erx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
The process has always been a joke--this was just our semi-annual reminder.
ROFL! Exactly!

It's part of the continuous PA soap, haven't you guessed it already?

The one and only PABC!
karx11erx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 14:35   #13
karx11erx

Quote:
Originally posted by Le Mauvais Moine
lol ! Since i am a cathaar and can't farm 100 demeters can i farm 100 roids instead ? seems fair to me
You should get yourself a 2nd account as Zik. Cat and Zik work perfectly together.

The one and only PABC!
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 15:07   #14
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Just curious but didnt he resign from Pack, which means he knows he broke the rules and accepted his punishment?
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 15:38   #15
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
Just curious but didnt he resign from Pack, which means he knows he broke the rules and accepted his punishment?
rumours rumours...
I have never read an announcement about his resignation.
He hasn't said anything about that either. I've known him for 18 years, he would've told me.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 15:46   #16
Malor

Glad to see some things never change. I don't think a round passes without twats like that, and subsequent closing.

Still, I think PA here and there takes too soft a stand against it. The thing that still stings me is that some accounts get reopened after a clear admission of guilt and good proof.

Some guys seem to get off very light, just with a good stern talking-too.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:05   #17
XeroX

XeroX is an unknown quantity at this point
hooray! yet again certain members of PA Crew show great skill in the art of fu*king up \o/

Either change the User Agreement or punish those who break it, it doesnt matter wether he farmed 100 demeters or 1000.

Common now honey - bring it on, bring it on
XeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:45   #18
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

The whole process is already a joke.

The creators now have no ground to delete another account this round. I bet even Killmark's defence will be "I didn't know multing was illegal".
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:58   #19
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

The creators now have no ground to delete another account this round. I bet even Killmark's defence will be "I didn't know multing was illegal".
Hicks i never agreed on anything with u before.. but this i do
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:14   #20
mens
Sheep

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks

what about acc sharing, roidfarming, botusage...etc. (every other thing than "shipfarming"). Clearly they can delete planets doing this stuff.

IMO they can ofc delete people who farms ships now AFTER they rewrote the user agreement (the actual rules).

Rabba was reopened cos it didn't say in the user agreement that shipfarming was illegal untill a couple of days ago.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 19:30   #21
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
what about kids below 13 that didnt have the parents' permission and sign up anyway. are they deleted?
as its on top of the user-agreement i must be a worse crime than winning by ship&roidfarming.
hell, signing up as minor is worse than hacking, bot-using and the like!
fiddler123b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 23:52   #22
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by mens
what about acc sharing, roidfarming, botusage...etc. (every other thing than "shipfarming"). Clearly they can delete planets doing this stuff.
Clearly they can't. The offenders will claim they didn't see the user agreement, or that they can't read English and clearly no one can be held to an agreement they can't possibly understand, or whatever. Having, once again, upheld the principle that users must be spoon fed the rules before they have to obey them, the users will simply clamp their mouths shut and continue to evade them.
Quote:
IMO they can ofc delete people who farms ships now AFTER they rewrote the user agreement (the actual rules).
I haven't see the new user agreement, and besides, they can't change the user agreement in the middle of a round--that's illegal! (See how easy it is )
Quote:
Rabba was reopened cos it didn't say in the user agreement that shipfarming was illegal untill a couple of days ago.
Rabba was reopened because HQ are wimps.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:27   #23
Beast-of-War
clueless HR pe0n

Beast-of-War is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 01:30   #24
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Clearly they can't. The offenders will claim they didn't see the user agreement, or that they can't read English and clearly no one can be held to an agreement they can't possibly understand, or whatever. Having, once again, upheld the principle that users must be spoon fed the rules before they have to obey them, the users will simply clamp their mouths shut and continue to evade them.

I haven't see the new user agreement, and besides, they can't change the user agreement in the middle of a round--that's illegal! (See how easy it is )

Rabba was reopened because HQ are wimps.
Funny, he was also closed because HQ are wimps. They initially took the same action that they ultimately took, and only closed him when the Board Trolls came out of their caves en masse.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:30   #25
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by mens
rumours rumours...
I have never read an announcement about his resignation.
He hasn't said anything about that either. I've known him for 18 years, he would've told me.
It was never official thats why. He told other WEET HC in a shared channel that he was resigning.

Of course, then Prince told him in private message that he didnt believe Rabba should be closed so Rabba stayed.

Shambles.

He gets closed then gets told to "hang on" because he will probably get reopened. The close was an entire farce.

Pityful. Pathetic. And a whole number of other words.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 07:49   #26
karx11erx

Tactitus,

not having read the TOS for some reason ("overlooked", "not found", "foreign language") does not render them invalid for that person. If you sign up for a service, it is your responsibility to make sure you've understood them, because if you register you agree to them - whether you have understood them or not. ;-)

If the TOS contains a clause allowing for them to be changed anytime and without notice, you can change them anytime. Finally, this is a matter of sensitive handling of TOS changes: If it serves for making the services safer in a sensible way (like adding more variants of cheating that will lead to account suspension), no honest user will resent it.

Again, i'd opt for handling anti-cheat measures more rigorously and accept an 80% or 90% failsafe proof of cheating as a reason to shut down a PA account; as I have stated before, most people for who such a proof exists indeed cheat. :-)

The one and only PABC!
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:08   #27
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
It was never official thats why. He told other WEET HC in a shared channel that he was resigning.

Of course, then Prince told him in private message that he didnt believe Rabba should be closed so Rabba stayed.

Shambles.

He gets closed then gets told to "hang on" because he will probably get reopened. The close was an entire farce.

Pityful. Pathetic. And a whole number of other words.
It's in your power to make sure a cheater doesn't win the round, don't let this moment of destiny slip out of your fingers.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 20:23   #28
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Too bad they changed the rules. There was not need to forbid ship farming. They can close accounts without giving a reason. If someone finds another way of cheating or whatever spoils the game: close the account, then perhaps later amend the rules, for clarity, not for legalising the closure.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 20:57   #29
Ariados
natural born pe0n

Ariados is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it just me or does anyone else recall the rules telling ship farming is illegal for more than just a couple of days?

If I'm wrong then Rabba is just as innocent as all the other shipfarmers throughout the rounds.

Last edited by Ariados; 8 Apr 2003 at 21:03.
Ariados is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 22:37   #30
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Ariados
Is it just me or does anyone else recall the rules telling ship farming is illegal for more than just a couple of days?
They didn't

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 22:13   #31
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
[25-Feb] [23:49:48] <@CH> 5) Dreadnought (present) asked: Is Ship farming Illegal in r9?
[25-Feb] [23:50:00] <@Spinner> Hi Dreadnought
[25-Feb] [23:50:03] <+Dreadnought> lo
[25-Feb] [23:50:04] <+Dreadnought>
[25-Feb] [23:50:04] <@Prince> lo dready
[25-Feb] [23:50:30] <@Spinner> Yes, ship farming is illegal

Seems fairly unambiguous.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 22:47   #32
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ArcChas

Seems fairly unambiguous.
The point is, we can't expect everyone to gather the rules by feedback from CH.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:08   #33
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
We'll see what happens now, since he's returned to ship farming, albiet more discreetly (though still terribly obvious).

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 02:08   #34
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
We'll see what happens now, since he's returned to ship farming, albiet more discreetly (though still terribly obvious).
I'd like to see evidence of this, personally. Care to PM me with anything?
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 02:19   #35
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
The point is, we can't expect everyone to gather the rules by feedback from CH.
The point is, you used to and could still--but choose not to.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 08:38   #36
mens
Sheep

Quote:
you stupid idiot, how the hell can you say shti like this?
He lost 1 mill points for 60 demeters the other day.
I'm sure he would show you battlereport of it.

Back your clueless posts up with facts or don't post at all.
we don't need your crap ok?
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 11:32   #37
Tawg
the Mantis

Tawg is an unknown quantity at this point
seems all of wolfpack is on this cheaters side.

doesnt surpise me a bit though, they allways were and allways will be cheating cnuts.

You know the mantis ledgends? thats where it all started. It was fighting of this black bird, it was only a 10th of the birds size. it was a very valued insect. and thats why the technique needs a brave man and a strong one, who isnt afraid of birds.
Tawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:22   #38
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
there is only one solution for this "problem"

just attack this ****ing cheater. catch this damn fleet. and let him die in some less ticks.
or is eclipse too lame to do this?