User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Sep 2003, 11:16   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Hurricane Isabel

Is it my imagination or do hurricanes not usually go as far north as Washington DC?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 11:19   #2
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hurricane Isabel

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Is it my imagination or do hurricanes not usually go as far north as Washington DC?

This one has been hijacked by Iraq/Iran/Al Qaeda/The Tories/France/NATO/North Korea/Cuba/Russia/Harry Potter/A duck/JammyJim/Idler/etc.
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 11:23   #3
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about
just wait and see... easy as that
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 13:09   #4
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
My school is considering closing for it. :eek:

Which would be pointless because my big test is today.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 13:13   #5
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: Hurricane Isabel

Quote:
it's very normal for a hurricane to continue moving on it's path after land fall, now...will it stay catagorized as a hurricane? not likely (iirc it has only happened once before, Hurricane Hazel 1954) but it will stay organized as a very strong storm, and the wind speed will be a bit higher than your average storm. It will also dump a large amount of rain where ever it travels to.

Last edited by Dilly_D; 17 Sep 2003 at 13:21.
Dilly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 14:43   #6
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Hurricane Isabel

Quote:
Not usually, no; but it's not unprecedented either.

New York City, for example, has been hit by three major hurricanes; in 1821, 1893 and 1938. One of the most northernly hurricanes was the Great Atlantic Hurricane of 1944, which made it up to Greenland.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 14:58   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Greenland?? Heh...

Though I think we (south coast of Britain) had a hurricane a few years back. Early to mid nineties I think it was. Though I'm not sure if it could be technically classed as a hurricane.
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 19:41   #8
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
anythying swirly that creates wind and blows water around is a hurricane for me :P... ive spotted one before off the east coast of england where i live. it was just moving along on the river humber... it wasnt big though, just small, had no effect what so ever on anything round here, except a lot of people going "oooh a hurricane" and fretting that its gonna get worse. which it isnt
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 19:52   #9
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Aren't those things called twisters or water spouts or something else that isn't hurricane?
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 19:53   #10
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
My school is considering closing for it. :eek:

Which would be pointless because my big test is today.

Update: Classes are closed for Thursday and Friday already \o/

P.S. If no one sees me for the next week it's cause I'm sitting in a dark apartment with no power.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 20:26   #11
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Update: Classes are closed for Thursday and Friday already \o/

P.S. If no one sees me for the next week it's cause I'm in the storm cellar buried beneath the wreckage of my home
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote