User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 May 2003, 05:40   #1
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
'We need to talk...'

My gf just sent me a text uttering those fateful words she said she was 'confused about everything' yesterday so now I'm worried.

can any good come from this really?
Unread 23 May 2003, 05:42   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Usually no, but if she's not in a clichéd frame of mind, it could be just that she wants to discuss something that she feels needs fixing; either way, things won't continue on as before.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 05:57   #3
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
blah
you're spamming so you can have the last post on every board, aren't you?!

AREN'T YOU?!?!

WELL SONNY?!

anyways, on topic, you are correct, no good is likely to come from this situation :\ this however does not necessarily mean the worst is going to happen, but if you prepare yourself for the worst, you will be more grateful if it doesnt happen, and if it does, you were prepared.

or something...

Unread 23 May 2003, 06:06   #4
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

well I'm currently assuming I'm going to be dumped when she gets home and calls me (or more likely talks to me on msn because its less 'scary'). I haven't done anything wrong, so its most likely to be one of those 'feeling changes'

any prediction on what line she might use as justification?
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:08   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
"Its not you, its me..."
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:08   #6
Danae
loved

Danae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp

any prediction on what line she might use as justification?
It's not you, it's me.
Danae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:09   #7
Danae
loved

Danae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
"Its not you, its me..."
:)
Danae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:18   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Hehe.
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:20   #9
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
not good :\
then again.. i hate 'talking' and avoid confrontations when all possible. if she's like me.. then 'we need to talk' is definitely a bad then cause it means i've waited too long and bottled everything up...

then again.. apparently girls do the 'talk' all the time.. so it could be anything from 'omg i'm late' to 'i heard rumours of you with that other girl' to 'lets be friends'

hmm.. guess that didn't help much
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:27   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I see it now... you wander in, nervous but with artificial cheery disposition as if you don't know that something is wrong, say "hi there, what's up"

she says: "It's not you, it's me" or "There's someone else"

life is like a really crap low grade soap. generally it's utterly predictable, unless there is a ratings war.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:27   #11
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
tell her your not willing to continue the relationship unless u get more sex
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:34   #12
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

well she called.

shes 'confused' and said "I don't know" more times than I've heard anyone say in one convo.

essentially 'she still thinks I'm a nice person' but 'isn't sure whether she likes me like that' anymore, and has decided that its better if we 'take a break for a while'. Shes trying to leave it open for us to get back together if she magicly decides she likes me again. Unless its within the next few days, I doubt I'll take it.

So I'm back on the market ladies :/

[edit] so what does this actually mean Aryn? [/edit]
Unread 23 May 2003, 07:42   #13
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
go out and get laid.

hanging around and waiting does fk all for anyone.

Unread 23 May 2003, 07:43   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
you're better off without a woman who doesn't even know her own mind.

Unread 23 May 2003, 08:36   #15
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
essentially 'she still thinks I'm a nice person' but 'isn't sure whether she likes me like that' anymore, and has decided that its better if we 'take a break for a while'. Shes trying to leave it open for us to get back together if she magicly decides she likes me again. Unless its within the next few days, I doubt I'll take it.
Be careful...
When this happened to a mate, it turned out his GF liked another guy but wasn't sure it would work out, so she's left it open ended with him just incase it went pair shaped so she had could get back together.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:42   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Shes ****ing another guy.

Whenever they suddenly 'Dont like you like that anymore' it means shes getting 8 inches of man meat from another source, most likely your best friend.

Also, you chat to your girlfriend on MSN? YOU SAD ****, YOU DESERVED TO BE DUMPED JUST FOR THAT.
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:50   #17
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids

Also, you chat to your girlfriend on MSN? YOU SAD ****, YOU DESERVED TO BE DUMPED JUST FOR THAT.

she claims to not like talking on the phone. That and if I'm on msn, and my gf happens to come on, should i just not talk to her?
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:54   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
she claims to not like talking on the phone. That and if I'm on msn, and my gf happens to come on, should i just not talk to her?
Ok, first off, sounds to me like you're dating some crazy self doubtic lunatic.

What sort of sane bird does not like talking on the phone? Women are the reason mobile phones were invented.

Also, even if she doesnt like talking on the phone, communicating over MSN is well, ****e. If any bird even mentioned MSN to me she'd get a slap around the face and shown the nearest door, sharpish.
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:47   #19
Umbrall
Renaissance Person

Umbrall is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 'We need to talk...'

Quote:
My gf just sent me a text uttering those fateful words she said she was 'confused about everything' yesterday so now I'm worried.
Although it is too late for you, and you are fallen, the other here should know this:

Attacking is the best defense in cases like this! Send the reply "No -I need to talk to you!" Then you need to find a lot of superficially semisensible sounding emotional nonsense to throw up like flak. Get her too confused to remember her own name.

-Li Quan, commentaries upon Sun Tzu, ca 900 AD.
Umbrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:54   #20
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
[edit] so what does this actually mean Aryn? [/edit]
well... i agree with the guys here.. if she suddenly 'doesn't know' etc and wants to leave it open.. then forget it. i mean honestly.. how can you 'not know' if you like someone?

of course i broke it off with my ex cause of sort of similar reasons (and i was leaving for uni) and ended up back with him after 4 years. ofc then he turned into an ass and we broke up again.

moral of the story.. DON'T GET BACK TOGETHER WITH SOMEONE! if it didn't work the first time, it won't work again later :\

oh and one other thing. be the nice guy and wait a week or two before you start dating someone else. then there's less of a chance her and her friends will call you bad names for 'cheating' on her even though you're having a 'break' (i've seen that happen to... i don't understand it any more than you do :\)
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:00   #21
Radical Edward

Rids does it with anger. I like that.

Unread 23 May 2003, 15:11   #22
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I will share something with you after much 'debarcle' with women its the only thing youll ever need to know...

You have just been dumped. Ideally you shouldve beat her to it and said 'i really dont think its working out. Bye'

However you didnt so cest la vie.

When her interest level drops below a certain point your buggered relationship wise. It doesnt matter what you do. What you say. The relationship is 'terminal' and cannot be rectified. So let go of the idea that you might get back together at a later date. You wont and if you do it will be crap.

My suggestion is not to hang around waiting for her to 'clear her head' because she wont and when you see her with someone else it will only make it worse.

Admit to yourself its over. Spend a couple of days with friends and 'treat yourself'. Afterall you now have FAR FAR FAR more cash without her !!!

Then let hunting season commence.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:11   #23
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
MSN is good for mates.
You (well I) couldn't have any sort of meaningful conversation over it. When communicating with "loved ones" too much relies on tone of voice, facial expression, posture etc so phone is a bare minimum requirement. I've never had the fateful "we need to talk" txt but I'd sure as hell insist on a face to face meeting for something that serious.
If she's too scared of her own feelings to express them properly to you directly then she doesn't deserve you.

My £0.02's worth.

Unread 23 May 2003, 15:13   #24
Radical Edward

what about the post breakup shag. you should demand that as one of your rights.

Unread 23 May 2003, 15:20   #25
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing good will come from this .

Best solution is to dump her and get it over with .
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:21   #26
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Not long after I started seeing my current girlfriend I sent a text saying 'Listen, we need to talk. Its bad news im afraid, we cant go on holiday as england will be playing (cant remember who) on the day we fly out.'

She called me straight up asking what that was all about. It was a fking joke, of course!!! Duh!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:51   #27
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 'We need to talk...'

Quote:

can any good come from this really?
depends what you did yesterday.....
shagged her best friend?

nottin good then:P
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:52   #28
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Not long after I started seeing my current girlfriend I sent a text saying 'Listen, we need to talk. Its bad news im afraid, we cant go on holiday as england will be playing (cant remember who) on the day we fly out.'

She called me straight up asking what that was all about. It was a fking joke, of course!!! Duh!
It shouldn't have been

Football > *

Unread 23 May 2003, 16:01   #29
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
on a slightly side note ill just add that my gf went ape shít last night for no apparent reason, twas shortly after i made that thread about religion and states (which is why i didnt participate in it) the ape shítness came from nowhere suddenly ripped my balls off then left without warning. Everything seems fine today, and it isnt even close to that time of the month again so fck knows what happened. Ill wait abit before trying to calmly find out if anything in particular brought it on of if it was just 'hate man' day and i forgot.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 16:06   #30
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
on a slightly side note ill just add that my gf went ape shít last night for no apparent reason, twas shortly after i made that thread about religion and states (which is why i didnt participate in it) the ape shítness came from nowhere suddenly ripped my balls off then left without warning. Everything seems fine today, and it isnt even close to that time of the month again so fck knows what happened. Ill wait abit before trying to calmly find out if anything in particular brought it on of if it was just 'hate man' day and i forgot.

Last time my GF had that particular problem it turned out she was pregnant.

Congrats dad.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 16:07   #31
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
'no'
Unread 23 May 2003, 16:19   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Classic.
When a girl says something along that, you gotta cancel it. She got "issues".. and thats BAD.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 16:23   #33
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
When a girl says something along that, you gotta cancel it. She got "issues".. and thats BAD.
But if its her first issue, it could be GOOD. They can be worth quite a bit of money after a while.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:49   #34
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Well you could start the conversation that you want to break up for a change and then she'll look surprised and give it real thought

best thing : you stay together
other : you still get laid and you get dumped the next day
worse: it still goes out and she's dumped, not you.
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:57   #35
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
If it was me I'd have pretended I felt the same, and confessed to cheating on her just for the hell of it. Then you'd know how she really feels.

edit: but then I'm a **** and a manipulative bastard so it's your call.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 19:05   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
you're spamming so you can have the last post on every board, aren't you?!

AREN'T YOU?!?!

WELL SONNY?!
Yep.

And I managed it too.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 20:17   #37
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
this sounds suspiciously like an internet relationship. It involved talking on MSN because she doesn't like talking on the phone and a "serious conversation" that wasn't in person.

If so, yes, expected. If not, find a more personable woman.
Unread 24 May 2003, 02:50   #38
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

there wasn't no talking on the phone at all, just not a lot of it. When it got started tho it always went for a while.

I talked to her last night, and she doesn't want me to hate her. I also informed her that shes gone a **** way about it because if she decides she likes me at the end of this, shes pretty screwed because I wont be back.

Last edited by Monkehpimp; 24 May 2003 at 03:17.
Monkehpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 03:17   #39
Darac

Darac is an unknown quantity at this point
yes she is banging his best friend ME 8 inch ME!!! crowd cheers "JERRY JERRY JERRY"

on topic:
welll...... to be honest it doesnt suprise me... and you wernt completly happy either were you? so, its not all bad.

she wanted me to meet her in town you know. lol
Darac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 11:22   #40
supergemz
r0x0r

supergemz is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah she definately fancies some1 else! dammit girls are right cows :S

#gemz
supergemz is offline   Reply With Quote