User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 May 2003, 03:53   #1
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Why the Xbox is great and Gamecube sucks.

i disagree.

the cube is clearly superior.

it has such wonderful titles as

resident evil (all of them, aces! \o/)
and rogue squadron (ace graphics, crap re-playbility)

i await silent hill 2 or 3 or whatever the next one is
and of course, soul calibur (all you tekken fags can just **** off)

and its nintendo \o/

its

like me.
Unread 23 May 2003, 03:54   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Rogue leader is better than Rogue Squadron...

Also

Metroid Prime
Super Monkey Balls (now there's a smutty title for a series)
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Zelda: The Windwaker
etc etc

ps

Hey, why are all the threads created ones with names I suggested
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 03:55   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
P
I
K
M
I
N

F
S
!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 03:56   #4
Ap0k
Spritely:

you are the puppetmaster...?

Unread 23 May 2003, 04:02   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
you are the puppetmaster...?

Don't know about that; I'm the Chairmaker though.
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:04   #6
Ap0k
Spritely:

wheres the candlestick maker then?

and to keep it on topic, apparently the windwaker sucks, lot of ppl seems to think the graphics are too cartoony. ocarina of time is imo the best to date.
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:08   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

'Graphics make the game'

I like it personally; the graphical style is a throwback to the games of yore, and I got ocarina free with it (although I had a copy already).
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:30   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Rogue Sqad 3 (due out in fall/winter iirc) will be rocking on it's own...but throw in the fact it will have Rogue Squad 2 (complete, with some slightly upgraded GFX) on it as well--with 2 player mode now and you have a winner.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:32   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Really? Holy moly.

2 player coop I presume;

What I'd really like is a lylat wars style 4 player mode.
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:40   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I finally remembered where the review was.

Enjoy

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:48   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Read.

Went 'oooh'.

Planning to hibernate until autumn.
Unread 23 May 2003, 05:06   #12
Ap0k
Spritely:

looks ace.

now if you will excuse me i have to scrape my jaw off the floor...

Unread 23 May 2003, 07:26   #13
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
i love my cube

got NBA street and love it, cant wait to rent nba street 2 my friends said its sweet, of course all the normal games are good, mario sunshine altho story is lame, its still a great game

and all the ones mentioned above and all the others im too lazy to mention
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:54   #14
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I brought a GC last week simply to play Metroid Prime, and while i was browsing i found a pre-owned copy of Rouge Squadron so i brought that too.
Later that week i saw Castle Wolfenstien was out for the XBox, which i just had to buy.

Since then i have played RS several times and MP twice, and most of my time playing RTCW on my XBox.

I really haven't been fair and given the GC a fair chance yet, but whatever you say about the GC, it does come across a tad 'kiddie' in its style, i much prefer the more mature targeted XBox.
In trying to make a console for everyone, the GC dosen't really have an identity like the PS2 and XBox has.

I think Nintendo will really suffer since the announcement of Sony's handheld console, and the GC's trump card of intergrating the GC with the GBA will be lost.
Just read any GC forum and there will be threads on there about the GC dying, you don't see that sort of negative feedback on a PS2 or XBox forum, the GC doesn't have the sense of gaming community that the other two consoles have.

I find MP fustrating to play after a XBox FPS [yeah i know MP is not a FPS in the strict sense] i keep reaching for the yellow C thumb stick to move his gun about.
Give me an XBox any day.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:20   #15
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I would own a Gamecube right now if only it had a DVD player.
I haven't bought a PS2 or an XBox because even though they have DVD players, there just aren't enough games that I want to play that would justify playing them.
Never mind, I'll spend the money on a new graphics card instead.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:14   #16
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
The gamecube identity is having bloody good multiplayer games.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:13   #17
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
I think Nintendo will really suffer since the announcement of Sony's handheld console, and the GC's trump card of intergrating the GC with the GBA will be lost.
..of course, this is assuming that it's actually any good
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:35   #18
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JamMak
..of course, this is assuming that it's actually any good
Being asscoiated with Sony and the PS2 will almost guarantee success.
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:37   #19
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
I was going to buy a GC but never got around to it. What are the games worth buying for it, and how much do it and the games cost?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:40   #20
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Haer
The gamecube identity is having bloody good multiplayer games.
But the XBox has bloody good multiplayer games, with the benifit of Live.
Multiplayer gaming dosent set the GC apart from any other console, other consoles do this, and do it better.
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:42   #21
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
I was going to buy a GC but never got around to it. What are the games worth buying for it, and how much do it and the games cost?
You can get the Metroid Prime pack with black GC and controller for £129.99, puls £14.99 for a memory card from woolies
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:47   #22
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
You can get the Metroid Prime pack with black GC and controller for £129.99, puls £14.99 for a memory card from woolies
How much is the Pokémon one?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:52   #23
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
I would own a Gamecube right now if only it had a DVD player.
In Japan, Panasonic have developed a cube DVD player which has the GC built in, exactly what I want. Unfortunately not likely to be released anywhere else

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...002/ceatec.htm

note - above link in japanese but the photo's give you the gist.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:03   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
In trying to make a console for everyone, the GC dosen't really have an identity like the PS2 and XBox has.
You mean like the 'All the good games have been/will be available for other systems' identities of the PS2 and the XBox?

Name Exclusive games on those consoles anywhere near the standard of

Rogue Leader
Metroid Prime
Zelda
Super Smash Brothers: Melee
Resident Evil Zero
Pikmin
Super Monkey Ball

Hey look! The list of what good games there are for the GC is also the list of the games WHICH YOU CAN'T PLAY ANYWHERE ELSE!
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:05   #25
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
But the XBox has bloody good multiplayer games, with the benifit of Live.
Multiplayer gaming dosent set the GC apart from any other console, other consoles do this, and do it better.
Such as? Halo is ok I guess, but not much else comes to mind.

Who wants a console for internet play? The idea is to get your mates round and be social. Not to sit around in your room alone. Thats what PC gaming is for:>
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:23   #26
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Haer
Who wants a console for internet play? The idea is to get your mates round and be social. Not to sit around in your room alone. Thats what PC gaming is for:>
Gamers, that's who.

I only have a laptop at home which is not powerful enough to plan decent games, so i have my XBox for this.
Online gaming offers so much more verity than sitting in your bedroom waggling your joystick on your own.
Not everyone of my mates owns a XBox or GC, so i can play with online with 16 other people online.

The lack of online support for the GC is such an oversight by nintendo, again go read any GC forum and people are crying out for online play.
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:05   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Gamers, that's who.
'I know, I'll use an inadequate system to play online'

Use a PC for god's sake, you can get one for little over the price of an XBox and it does SO MUCH MORE.

ps.

And here was me thinking that the way you can get cable modems and the like to go with the game cube suggested it could be used online.

My mistake.
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:44   #28
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
And here was me thinking that the way you can get cable modems and the like to go with the game cube suggested it could be used online.

My mistake.
Name one GC game you can play online.
Just cos it has a connection for a modem, dosen't mean it will be utilised.
If the online community is not there for the GC, then who will deveolpe games to use it?
The XBox was designed from the start with online in mind.

I have a laptop as i need the mobility for work, therefore I don't need to have a PC, as i can use my XBox and GC for gaming.

All i'm saying is that I can count the number of times ive switched my GC on with one hand, since i purchased it.
Yeah the GC may have some exclusive titles, but what i've seen of the GC so far, the style of it's games don't appeal to me as much as the XBox do right now.
I brought the GC simply to play Metroid Prime [I made a thread on GD when i was considering purchasing] but since RTCW has been released i haven't turned on the GC on.
I'm not saying the GC is crap, I will give MP another try once ive beaten RTCW, but i prefer the XBox to the GC right now.

Last edited by Woof; 23 May 2003 at 18:02.
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:45   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Name one GC game you can play online.
That's game support, not hardware then.

The GC has online support, unlike what you said above there matey.
Unread 23 May 2003, 18:58   #30
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Of course the X-box isnt targeted at kids. As if anyone under 15 could carry one.
Unread 23 May 2003, 19:02   #31
Haer
Aquafresh

Quote:
Gamers, that's who.

I only have a laptop at home which is not powerful enough to plan decent games, so i have my XBox for this.
Online gaming offers so much more verity than sitting in your bedroom waggling your joystick on your own.
Not everyone of my mates owns a XBox or GC, so i can play with online with 16 other people online.

The lack of online support for the GC is such an oversight by nintendo, again go read any GC forum and people are crying out for online play.
Thats why you can plug 4 controllers into the one Gamecube.
Unread 23 May 2003, 19:19   #32
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Name one GC game you can play online

Phantasy star online
Unread 23 May 2003, 19:31   #33
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I'm currently playing the wind waker, it owns me like wow, only the wind template now then the master sword can pwn evil again mwuahhahaha... I'd so **** zelda if i got the chance.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 20:23   #34
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
Eternal Darkness - The sanity effect were it gives you the MS ctrl,alt, del, blue screen of death. Priceless
Unread 23 May 2003, 20:28   #35
Sturge
capture the b34r

Sturge is an unknown quantity at this point
Xbox shall soon have Fable.

That is all.

Sturge is offline   Reply With Quote