User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:06   #1
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Captain Planet

and the planeteers.

Anyone remember this show?
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:13   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet you didn't know Duke Nukem was in that show either
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:17   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
captain planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero

\0/
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 01:42   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
captain planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero

\0/
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 01:51   #5
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
one of the chicks (no not -> :e_chick: (ok i needed an excuse )) was rather hot if memory serves meh correctly.

however its been years since i saw it.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 02:49   #6
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
one of the chicks (no not -> :e_chick: (ok i needed an excuse )) was rather hot if memory serves meh correctly.

however its been years since i saw it.
That'd be the russian one. She was water if I'm not mistaken.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:22   #7
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
a cartoon is 'hot'?
you need to get out more :\
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:29   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Wouldn't the American (fire) planeteer be the hot one?
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:41   #9
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Worst Cartoon Ever
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:53   #10
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
That'd be the russian one. She was water if I'm not mistaken.
I thought she vas vind. I never found any of them hot btw, even for a cartoon.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 06:09   #11
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
African dude: Earth
North American dude: Fire
Russian chick: Wind
Chinese chick: Water
South American dude (with monkey): heart

I thought.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 08:50   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
a cartoon is 'hot'?
you need to watch more anime.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 09:15   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp
South American dude (with monkey): heart
I always felt sorry for that guy. I mean, you had people which could create floods and huge gouts of flame. But this guy, he could talk to dolphins. Great...
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 09:18   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
I always felt sorry for that guy. I mean, you had people which could create floods and huge gouts of flame. But this guy, he could talk to dolphins. Great...
he had a monkey though. I bet he spanked it between programs.

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 09:22   #15
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
That's one blast from the past I could've done without.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 11:03   #16
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
funny if they were still making them:

Captain planet takes on the humainitarian crisis in africa \o/
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 11:13   #17
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!

GO, Planet!

By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!

Captain Planet, He's our hero
Gonna take polution down to zero
He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side

Gonna help him put assunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one, too
Cuz saving our planet is the thing to do
Looting and poluting
Is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say

The power is yours!

eminem eat your heart out
FatboySliM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 11:40   #18
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by FatboySliM
Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!

GO, Planet!

By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!

He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side

Gonna help him put assunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one, too
Cuz saving our planet is the thing to do
Looting and poluting
Is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say

The power is yours!

eminem eat your heart out
I bet you didn't even need to look that up anywhere!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 13:33   #19
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
a cartoon is 'hot'?

ive had a wank to Jessica Rabbit
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 13:39   #20
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
I've got a housemate that finds cartoon characters "fit". He roleplays.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 13:55   #21
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
mmmkay I'm going to have to say that there is a serious problem with the logic behind this show.

In that description of 'duke nukem' it claims that he has x-ray vision. but everyone knows that nuclear reactions (like the kind that would be occurring within him if he was radioactive) produce gamma rays! This is clearly a major plothole.

But at least the part about the earth having a supernatural superman-esque avatar brought into existence through the power of magic rings which are largely aligned to the elements as theorized incorrectly by ancient greeks and can only be wielded by specific individuals who represent a statistically unlikely random scattering (demographically, culturally, and geographically) seems to be scientific enough.

And at least it wasn't one of "those shows", like popeye, where the bad guy shows up, and looks like he's going to win, but then popeye eats spinach in every episode and oh what a surprise he kicks bruno's ass for the rest of the show or mighty morphin power rangers where the new bad guy has some amazing plan and its start to work but oh wait the power rnagers "morphed" of all things the last thing you'd expect maybe they glanced over at the name of the ****ing show and thought "hey wait a second" to themselves and so they morph and surprise of surprises they kick the bad guy's ass or like voltron (which the power rangers ripped directly off of those bitches) where the bad guys always have some trick but the thing is they never expect the good guys to do exactly what they did in the last 138 consecutive episodes "oh my they turned into Voltron well oh my god we never planned on that happening I guess we are going to get our butts kicked again," it's not at all like that cause they certainly don't have the same plotline every episode where the bad guys come up with some new evil bad guy scheme every episode (which is certainly not to pollute the planet for no particular reason) which the heroes are completely unable to stop and just when it seems like the good guys are doomed they look over at the show title and think to themselves "'captain planet' eh? Well it sounds crazy but it just might work..." and then summon him and he promptly kicks all their asses like he did in every preceding episode.

Definitely a good thing it wasn't like that because that would have gotten annoying in a real hurry.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 14:02   #22
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
mmmkay I'm going to have to say that there is a serious problem with the logic behind this show.

In that description of 'duke nukem' it claims that he has x-ray vision. but everyone knows that nuclear reactions (like the kind that would be occurring within him if he was radioactive) produce gamma rays! This is clearly a major plothole.

you have not hit the fundamental problem here, which is the following: should he be producing x-ray, or for that matter gamma radiation, the direction of the radiation would be away from hin, and a statistically insignificant amount would be reflected in his direction (expectedly so, as the point of x rays is that they go through things) so he would effectively be blind. Unless of course there was a sufficiantly powerful and focussed x ray source behind whatever he is looking at, in which case he would be able to see it then. The problem then, is that with all the nuclear radiation and x rays washing round the area, the entire region around him would almost immediately become sterile... so no baby captain planets....

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 14:30   #23
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
he would effectively be blind.

Unless of course there was a sufficiantly powerful and focussed x ray source behind whatever he is looking at, in which case he would be able to see it then. The problem then, is that with all the nuclear radiation and x rays washing round the area, the entire region around him would almost immediately become sterile... so no baby captain planets....
I think that they tried to explain that as follows:
Quote:
His long-term plan is to turn the world into a radioactive wasteland where he and his kind will thrive
i.e., as he and his ilk can only see in this short-wave spectrum well outside the visible range, they want to turn the world into a radioactive (and, as you say, largely sterile) wasteland which would enable them to see all the crap that they had previsouly been running into and stubbing toes on. In terms of plot, the ability to see makes sense as a character motivation, and, in the deeper sense of the human condition, the ability "to see" is clearly symbolic (as the show is quite patently allegorical) of the human moral awakening to the fragile condition of our world.

It's loosely explained in the theme song.

But as to the shift from gamma rays to x-rays, which Feynman tried to explain away by claiming that Duke Nukem's interior was actually rapidly spinning on an axis at near-light speeds, such that the gamma radiation emitted forward from his right side is actually red-shifted into the x-ray range (the forward emission from his right side pushing just slightly farther into the gamma range), other notable physicists (Hawking et al., 1995) have pointed out the obvious flaws in this theory, pointing out that not only do the writers make no mention of any internal spin, he doesn't look like a top, and most damaging of all "you would definitely expect that this super spin would give him powers much akin to the Tazmanian Devil's 'super spin attack', but even at times when the use of special spin powers would be useful, such as in fighting Captain Planet, he never does" and finishes by saying "though this evidence is purely circumstantial, it seems quite conclusive. It is just a plothole."
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:28   #24
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
heh

Pro-environmentalist indoctrination if i ever saw it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:55   #25
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis

Quote:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/ems3.html#c5
The gamma ray photon may in fact be identical to an x-ray, since both are electromagnetic rays; the terms x-ray and gamma rays are statements about origin rather than implying different kinds of radiation.
Radical Edward: what intensity of radiation do you think he would need then? I would think detecting the tiniest amount of disrepency from background radiation is sufficient for simple vision. And if he can control the radioactive emission (think control rods), he would be able to emit short pulses to get a clear picture of the world much like a bat. This would also mean no major DNA damage needs to be done. Possibly, the environmental damage caused could be lowered still using quantum processes.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote