User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 14:49   #1
Carlyy

Carlyy is infamous around these partsCarlyy is infamous around these parts
Talking Could the creators do anymore to kill PA??

Random gals of 10 planets, same as private.

rofl!!

They haven't so much as knocked a nail into the coffin of PA, as BURIED IT.

Its almost as if they are deliberately trying to kill off the existing PA community so they can start afresh in round 10. If thats the case, why don't they have the guts to just come out and say so.
Carlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 15:28   #2
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Its actually a smart move as it doesnt put a big "look at us we're random n00bs" sign over (what were) 25 player gals.
________
Dodge journey

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:34.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 15:29   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
hah

smart move

just give randoms OB and its all good
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 16:01   #4
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold
Given the choices they had to make and limitations of the code, I'd say this is a great move

10 player privates. Excellent
10 player Randoms. Best solution to an unfixable problem
10 galaxy cluster. Should allow for a larger looking universe Excellent
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 16:14   #5
Carlyy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
Its actually a smart move as it doesnt put a big "look at us we're random n00bs" sign over (what were) 25 player gals.
Within 1-2 weeks it will be plainly obvious which gals are random and which are private. Having the same number of planets in both types of gal will not help keep randoms hidden AT ALL.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 16:23   #6
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
You are the n00b if you do know which gals are random in your C before end of protection !!!
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 16:25   #7
Al_zz
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Troll
Worst solution would be the answer. This solution does not fix anything but makes differences between much much bigger.

hAl
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:13   #8
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
heh

Many random gals are sure of having a chance, and certain private gals will definatley suck...tho I dont really think there will be m any random gals...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:14   #9
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
hehe

What would be cool tho, would be HC of the "biggest" alliances agreeing on telling their members to go random...we would get random back, and the pathetic guys who wouldnt agree would be hit by everyone, and after they were dead, we could have a fun random round (if random was 25, this would be extremely good )

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:18   #10
Al_zz
ensign forever

Re: heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
Many random gals are sure of having a chance, and certain private gals will definatley suck...tho I dont really think there will be m any random gals...
Especially under these rules there won't be many...
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 18:12   #11
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Re: Could the creators do anymore to kill PA??

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlyy

Its almost as if they are deliberately trying to kill off the existing PA community so they can start afresh in round 10. If thats the case, why don't they have the guts to just come out and say so.

They said that they werent looking for r9 to b a bigger universe, they only running it so we have somert to do b4 r10 starts.
Since they are planning huge advertisement for r10 then i dont think that the 3-4k that r left will be too missed, and neway, i cant see any of the 'hardcore' players not playin r9/10 neway.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 18:20   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Could the creators do anymore to kill PA??

Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
They said that they werent looking for r9 to b a bigger universe, they only running it so we have somert to do b4 r10 starts.
Since they are planning huge advertisement for r10 then i dont think that the 3-4k that r left will be too missed, and neway, i cant see any of the 'hardcore' players not playin r9/10 neway.
Too right. If the past 8 rounds haven't driven you off; what's the likelyhood of R9 doing you in?

Face it, only the masochists are left. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 19:32   #13
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Hi, I agree that it might not be the best solution to the problem. However, as its been pointed out, we have very little time and you all want to know details about the round in advance, we're trying to accomodate for that also.

I dont know whether you have or not, but there is a thread in "Questions to Players" forum which you could have had your say in. The plan is to use that forum for major issues such as this, so infuture get your say in.

But the different solutions are discussed well in that thread, take a read and I think you'll agree that all things considered, 10 players per random gal was the best thing we could do.

Kloopy
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 19:41   #14
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
it always amazes me after things go wrong for people, how they all moan after decisions have been made, when they could have changed them. ****ing pricks.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 19:43   #15
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Troll

10 player privates. Excellent
10 galaxy cluster. Should allow for a larger looking universe Excellent
fully agree on that it now be a task to suss out randoms and give them a fightin chance at the begging now give them OB and it should be kool

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 19:54   #16
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
But the different solutions are discussed well in that thread, take a read and I think you'll agree that all things considered, 10 players per random gal was the best thing we could do.
Rarely seen a thread with so much ignorance in it. Lots of players who think they know about random gals after round 8 but who have never been in a random gals in a mixed universe. There have been like a dozen of threads on this forum as well and the only argument for a 10 person random gal is that they would not be recognized as random. A real joke. Even the blindest of PA players can spot random gals a mile away. Especially in cluster when cluster politics start it is extremly easy.

hAl
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:05   #17
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
So you'd rather have 20 inactives/farms/multis in your galaxy than 5?

(assuming at least 5 people in any given random galaxy are active)

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:05   #18
beefeb
General dogsbody

beefeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Could the creators do anymore to kill PA??

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Too right. If the past 8 rounds haven't driven you off; what's the likelyhood of R9 doing you in?

Face it, only the masochists are left. :/

so tac, you gonna be playin or what, last i heard you were still a masochist

beefeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:11   #19
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
you all had the chance to change it. there was a great big ****ing thread in this brand new forum known as 'Questions to teh players'. if you didnt add your 2 cents then, theres no point bitching about it when its too late, as per ****ing usual.

jesus. u had ur chance, u missed it. now kindly stfu.

(incedentally, u all seem to presume that all the random players this round will be noobs, err, how many noobs have paid for the last few rounds? have a think about it, there are few new players left in the universe, and it hardly matters whether u go random or not, if u have no alliance behind u ur gonna have a tough time anyway, random or private)
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:19   #20
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Re: Re: Could the creators do anymore to kill PA??

Quote:
Originally posted by beefeb
so tac, you gonna be playin or what, last i heard you were still a masochist

I probably won't be playing R9; dunno yet about R10.

I find that just watching from the sidelines is painful enough for my tastes!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:21   #21
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese

I'd rather have 20% active in a 25 person gal than 20% in a 10 person gal. Your assumption is weird as it have no basis whatsoever.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:27   #22
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
you all had the chance to change it. there was a great big ****ing thread in this brand new forum known as 'Questions to teh players'. if you didnt add your 2 cents then, theres no point bitching about it when its too late, as per ****ing usual.

jesus. u had ur chance, u missed it. now kindly stfu.

(incedentally, u all seem to presume that all the random players this round will be noobs, err, how many noobs have paid for the last few rounds? have a think about it, there are few new players left in the universe, and it hardly matters whether u go random or not, if u have no alliance behind u ur gonna have a tough time anyway, random or private)
I added to numerous threads about this subject and I voted on the poll that was held (which btw showed a clear majority for bigger gals !!!!) and was not aware of any question on the other part of the forum as I never visit it as it is mostly dead.

Btw the creators claim to read this forum as well so they might have seen the half a dozen threads on this forum that I did comment in on this subject.

Also I thought the poll was the thing the creators used to measure the players opinion and that was mostly pople wanting 20 persons in a random gals.

hAl

[edit]
Oh and btw I do not assume all players in random gal are n00bs as I have experience enough in this where you clearly have not. I played in r7 gal with 17 players that entered in rounds 2 to 5 before. Actually the one that got highest in gal in the end was a n00b. What I know is that most quality players will be in private gals. Random gals will consist mostly of left overs, people between alliance, people who will only do scanwork for alliances, farm/supportplanets, some players returning from r3/4 to see what PA has become like and a few, very few even, quality players. To assume they can even remotly immitate a private gal is a joke. In r8 some random gals had a shade of quality but those quality players will now be back in their little private gals.
[/edit]

Last edited by hAl; 29 Jan 2003 at 20:42.
hAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:28   #23
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Well all I keep hearing in your posts on this subject is "you don't know what it was like in r7/8 in a random galaxy" and no clear explanation of *just* what it was like...so I have nothing to go on but vague references, hence my assumptions.

If you'd take the time to write an informative, detailed post about just why more = better, I'd gladly read and offer less assumptive comments.

You haven't really given us anything solid to go on otherwise

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:35   #24
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Well all I keep hearing in your posts on this subject is "you don't know what it was like in r7/8 in a random galaxy" and no clear explanation of *just* what it was like...so I have nothing to go on but vague references, hence my assumptions.

If you'd take the time to write an informative, detailed post about just why more = better, I'd gladly read and offer less assumptive comments.

I enjoyed being a random. I only got hit twice, though.

There should be no distinction between random or private galaxies.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:37   #25
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
I added to numerous threads about this subject and I voted on the poll that was held (which btw showed a clear majority for bigger gals !!!!) and was not aware of any question on the other part of the forum as I never visit it as it is mostly dead.

Btw the creators claim to read this forum as well so they might have seen the half a dozen threads on this forum that I did comment in on this subject.

Also I thought the poll was the thing the creators used to measure the players opinion and that was mostly pople wanting 20 persons in a random gals.

hAl
[hypothetical] your town has an election for town mayor/electorate/etc. the competition is between candidates A and B. both are as bad as eachother, but A is the lesser of two evils. the rest of your town has been discussing who to vote for for the last few weeks, and no real conclusion has been made. you however, are inclined to go with B, and have voiced your opinions many times on the matter. in the pre-election B is in the lead, most people still havent really made their minds up, and not everyone has voted. then the proper real election comes along. and candidate A gets voted in, b/c those who hadnt voted before now voted for him, and some of the original ppl had changed their minds. you decided not to vote b/c you didnt know when the final election was being held/werent paying attention to what was going on around you. you cant go screaming MAKE B THE MAYOR/ELECTED PERSON CUZ HE WAS IN THE LEAD EARLIER. IVE VOTED AND SUPPORTED HIM MILLIONS OF TIMES!!. at the end of the day when the time came to put forth your views you missed it. and thats really all there is to say about it. [/hypothetical]

now, i realise the above example is crap. but maybe now your thinking along the same lines as i am. the point is that theres no point in blaming creators for making the decision they made (this is aimed at the topic at hand, not you) when it was clearly in the hands of the community to help make the decision. everyone has been complaining for months about how little input they get, and when they finally get the chance, they bitch cuz they didnt get what they want. you cant have it both ways. the chance was there to voice your opinions, you missed it, theres no point complaining about it now.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:38   #26
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Lets face it, it matters not what decision is made, there is a certain group within this community that can only be classed as moaning buggers, and who will moan anyway, just for the sake of moaning. I just wish those people would realise that if things are so bad, they should just sod off and then leave the rest of us with some peace.

Also, these people seem to possess a rare quality for knowing everything. They know that random galaxies will have no active players in them, they know that random galaxies will be ridculously disorganised, and not stand a chance. They know all of this, despite the fact that they have absolutely no evidence for this, except their own percieved previous experiences. I bet most of them have never even been in a random galaxy.

Impressive I think!
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 20:56   #27
Bong
Ensign Rocker!

Bong is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

certainly hope i have 5 actives in my gal, as it looks like i'll be going random. or maybe, the way things are going i could be the only 1 IN my gal
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:07   #28
Bong
Ensign Rocker!

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
some players returning from r3/4 to see what PA has become like [/edit]
hey thats me
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 22:02   #29
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
As has been said, the only benifit to 10-player random gals is that it makes them blend in easier.

And as has been said, this camoflauge will last approximatly 10 minutes before it becomes quite obvious whether they're private or random. And then they've lost the advantage of camoflauge, the advantage of quality, and the advantage of numbers.

What serious player would go random?

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 22:06   #30
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Your assumption that a 10-player random gal and a 20-25-player random gal would both only have 5 active players makes absolutely no sense at all. Speaking on average a random player is 1/3-1/2 as active as a private player (as the private player is more likely to be in an alliance, more likely to have contacts, more experienced, etc). Meaning a random gal needs 2-3x as many players in order to match a single private gal.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 22:48   #31
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
Also, these people seem to possess a rare quality for knowing everything. They know that random galaxies will have no active players in them, they know that random galaxies will be ridculously disorganised, and not stand a chance. They know all of this, despite the fact that they have absolutely no evidence for this, except their own percieved previous experiences. I bet most of them have never even been in a random galaxy.

Impressive I think!
Indeed, well luckily I do have the hands on experience and since my (25 people) random gal was in top 20 of random gals in r7 all round and I checked up all gals in front of mine regularly I know a lot about top random gals in a mixed universe. I know the kind of people that play in them and the way they play. What I find amazing that some can think making a gal consist of 10 players will make the gal blend in.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:08   #32
Bong
Ensign Rocker!

hal, as previously asked, it would be great if u could make a thread about experiences in a radom gal in a mixed universe.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:14   #33
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Bong
hal, as previously asked, it would be great if u could make a thread about experiences in a radom gal in a mixed universe.
If you still really plan to go random ask me on IRC about it.

hAl
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:15   #34
Bong
Ensign Rocker!

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:19   #35
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Bong

hAl
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:41   #36
wakka
commander

wakka can only hope to improve
money

Guys I don't know about you. But if I were to pluck down $10.00 for a round of planetarion and not be active that would be like taking my last 10 dollar bill out of my wallet and burning it. Then go hungry until payday. I mean money is scarce why waste it, and not be active. Only a fool would do this. hey 10 dollars isn't much but its about 3 gallons of milk where I live, gotta love walmart.

As for their decission to go 10 10 10 I think its a wonderful idea. I mean sure the inactive galaxies will still stick out like a sore thumb,and they'll be obliterated as they always are,because thats the way of the game. The more active you are in your galaxy and your alliance,the better the chances of your survival are, unless you do something stupid of course.

speaking of the 10 dollars does anyone know if their gonna have payment centers in the USA. because not all of us have credit cards. And to send the money to the UK this would be slow,by the time your account gets activated youll be 3 weeks behind or more and that wouldn't be fun at all
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 02:17   #37
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
giving randoms ob is the best idea i have heard yet.
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 09:53   #38
Bong
Ensign Rocker!

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

hAl
i'll speak to you tonight on irc, ty mate
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 10:17   #39
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Personally I am surprised that random and private galaxies are going to be the same size. I personally think private galaxies should have been 15 and random ones 25. Zeus never explained to me why he favoured 10, but I always thought 10 was just a bit too small. I can see the tried-and-tested packaging-bigger-than-product method being used here to augment the size of the universe, and tbh with the 10/10/10 arrangement it's not going to be hard to estimate the exact size of the universe, let alone having stats sites and the like that will count planets and galaxies for you.

As for priv and random gals being the same size, there are pros and cons. The pros are that they'll be identified more slowly, and therefore may get a bit of peace at the start of the game. The flip side is that beyond that week or so they'll be open to partly-covered raids which are very easy to set up on a whim. If I were going random I'd prefer people knowing I was random (ie have a 20 planet random gal) and hopefully have more active galaxy mates, in the hope that I'd get as many as are present in a private gal.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 10:39   #40
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok let me share my experiences of playing random. I never played a full round before round 8 (which wasn't completed either). I played part of round 5, 6 and 7. I started in round 7 after about a week, simply because i did not want to pay right away and did not get my account till 1 or 2 weeks within the game.
There was a cluster alliance of the private galaxies, which used the random galaxies as farm. Our only means of defence was staying under the 20% limit so they could not attack us.
I still had fun though. Met some nice people. Learned to play a bit. Learned to use IRC. Joined an alliance.

I am not going random if there's a choice, unless there are Major advantages given to random gals. At least 2.5 times as many players or ob. (Dont tell me not to complain cause i did make a post at the thread about it.)

People wanting to play round 10 and going for a trial period in round 9 will decide never to play round 10 if they end up in a c99 random gal.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 10:43   #41
Al_zz
ensign forever

Bong, because others asked me on IRC as well who were thinking of playing random I put up a thread with info on what kind of gal members you can expect in a random gal. How to play in such a gal you can still ask off course allthough I fear that won't help you much this round.

hAl
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 11:04   #42
Carlyy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
Hi, I agree that it might not be the best solution to the problem. However, as its been pointed out, we have very little time and you all want to know details about the round in advance, we're trying to accomodate for that also.

I dont know whether you have or not, but there is a thread in "Questions to Players" forum which you could have had your say in. The plan is to use that forum for major issues such as this, so infuture get your say in.

Kloopy
Aaah. Ignorance is bliss.

I'll have to stop referring to the people who run PA as "creators", as about the only thing they create is confusion and disappointment. I'll stick to "PA team" from now on, or perhaps the more accurate "destroyers".
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 12:40   #43
Bong
Ensign Rocker!

Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
Bong, because others asked me on IRC as well who were thinking of playing random I put up a thread with info on what kind of gal members you can expect in a random gal. How to play in such a gal you can still ask off course allthough I fear that won't help you much this round.

hAl
yeah saw it, thanx mate, i found it to be a very nice overview of a radom gal's situation
although it has made me re-think going random, as before i was more than happy to go random, not try and win the game, or conquer loadz of planets, just have a fun round with even battles etc.
but it now looks like that wont happen, so im looking for a private gal
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:01   #44
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
The Carlyy troll account is reaching new highs (lows?), I see...

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:06   #45
Carlyy

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
The Carlyy troll account is reaching new highs (lows?), I see...
Elaborate.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:52   #46
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
for gods sake.. another moaning thread cant Kloopy add a Moaning section for us to all ignore?

pa is ****e, pa is dead, everything is wrong.. so **** off!

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:18   #47
Al_zz
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Scaggydo
pa is ****e, pa is dead, everything is wrong.. so **** off!
After you sir.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:43   #48
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlyy
Aaah. Ignorance is bliss.

I'll have to stop referring to the people who run PA as "creators", as about the only thing they create is confusion and disappointment. I'll stick to "PA team" from now on, or perhaps the more accurate "destroyers".
if its so bad, why dont u do us all a favour and quit?
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:53   #49
Carlyy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
if its so bad, why dont u do us all a favour and quit?
Because I still cling to a small hope that maybe, just maybe, the "destroyers" will see sense and start to implement changes that are for the good of the game, and not pander to the small (but oh so vocal) elite hardcore all the time.

PA *NEEDS* a large player base to be successful for the owners, and fun for the players.

All I keep seeing are changes that deter new players and encourage the silent majority of casual gamers to quit.

I don't want PA to die, but it seems the destroyers do.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 15:57   #50
Ap0k
Spritely:

with encouragement like your giving them. its no wonder u get ignored.