User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 16:16   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Crappy* Christmas Gifts

Curious what y'all think are crappy gifts, what with the 'season of crappy gift giving' upon us.

I think my top five would have to be:
1. Anything where the odor is significant (especially body lotions, soaps, etc)
2. Anything that says 'you are fat; here's some help'** (treadmills, and i feel sorry for anyone that gets diet pills)
3. Books**. I can see argument here, but here's my thinking: it takes ~10 hours to read an average book. Average person's time is worth maybe $15 an hour. If the book cost ~$10-15, then over 90% of the real cost of such a gift is borne by the recipient. Really, an unsolicited book gift says "I know how you should be spending your time better than you do;" perhaps a better gift would be your list of book recommendations.
4. Anything cheap and 'decorative.' Am I really supposed to re-do the color scheme of some room of my house to match that crappy painting? Obviously if you get me an original Picasso, I'll put it up if it matches or not.
5. Anything with 'for idiots' in the title.

*Shitty
**Obviously anything requested is exempted
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 16:19   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Crappy* Christmas Gifts

I am easy to please, actually I donŽt give a shit about getting stuff or not.

IŽll make an exception on this attitude for an ipod nano though.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 16:29   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like getting books. My time is worth practically nothing.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 16:32   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

1. Nothing
2. underpants (not boxers, but underpants)
3. Towels and shampoo from grandma, but she's so sweet so I dont care..

I'd love to get books. But only those damn expensive books I need for studies though. That should give you an idea what to steer clear of when buying me gifts!
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 16:38   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Socks.

unless they happen to be really nice socks which had thought put into buying them. but generic "christmassy" socks or plain socks.

Last edited by Phil^; 5 Dec 2005 at 16:44.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 16:48   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I got my girlfriend socks. they're sorta furry, I'm sure she'll like them (she likes socks).

I like getting some books - generally those my mum and I buy each other as we want to read them anyway (we read some of the same series) and it means you don't look like you're buying lots of books for yourself.

1. whatever my great great aunt barbara got me this year (unless it's money)
2. anything smelly (including aftershave, come on I use an electric razor too)
3. clothing I'm never going to wear in a million years (my gran has a thing about shirts that have more stripes and colours than your average rainbow... I'm a white, blue and black guy - and the white stuff is t-shirts with jokes on).
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 17:01   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

what phil said.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 17:10   #8
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I am easy to please, actually I donŽt give a shit about getting stuff or not.

IŽll make an exception on this attitude for an ipod nano though.
The Nano is fairly old though, and a new ipod about 100X better is out.
He should add to the list
"Old versions of something new"

Sort of like buying someone Season 1 of a particular show, and season 2 is out.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 17:13   #9
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
The Nano is fairly old though, and a new ipod about 100X better is out.
at first glance, I thought "the Nano" was your pet-name for your grandmother
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 17:27   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

I like all my christmas gifts.

all 2 of them.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 17:58   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

lol, brits.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 18:04   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Christmas Sales!
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 23:00   #13
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I got AIDS for Xmas, I'd go out on a limb to say it would be a fairly crappy gift.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 23:02   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

don't sleep with anyone without protection / stick needles in yourself / etc then.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 09:13   #15
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

I am happy with every gift, basically cause they spend time and money to get me something. Tho i must say i am getting slightly worried about the habbit of my english family-in-law to give bathfoams etc, as i dont have a bath but just a shower.....sigh.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 11:01   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how many of the people on here take 10 hours to read the average book? because i certainly don't

also, i like getting books so
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 11:50   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

fcuk aftershave kit that i always seem to get everyfkn christmas, hope i dont this year
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 13:09   #18
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Fake shit, fake t-shirts, watches, belts you name it I have been given it by my cheapskate friends and family. I'm not even that bothered by fashion or names so why they think I would ever wear a t-shirt with Rocksport or Von Dutch plastered all over the front is a mystery. I was given three t-shirts by one person once, I just wanted to say why not spend the money on one decent item instead of three crap ones.

Also deodorant 'gift sets', crap socks (usually Donnay which leave your feet covered in black fluff when you take them off), slippers (I'm 28 not 68 fs) and cheap aftershave (Hai Karate etc.).
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 15:35   #19
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

"Christmas at George's"