User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:28   #51
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Indeed, even though RvN missed the penalty, it should have been retaken; Lehmann was a couple of yards off his line when it was taken, and given the penalty that was retaken against Leeds when the keeper still had a foot behind the line, Manchester United should feel very hard done by.
That's a stupid rule and didn't affect the penalty, and you wouldn't have paid any attention to it had it been another match.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:36   #52
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
That's a stupid rule and didn't affect the penalty, and you wouldn't have paid any attention to it had it been another match.
Really?

I can think of three or four matches offhand where a penalty has been retaken for this rule; the most obvious the Birmingham Leeds game yesterday.

It's a very high profile issue atm.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:37   #53
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Well, it's still a stupid rule.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:38   #54
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Well, it's still a stupid rule.
I take it you didn't see the Champions League Final.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:20   #55
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Really?

I can think of three or four matches offhand where a penalty has been retaken for this rule; the most obvious the Birmingham Leeds game yesterday.

It's a very high profile issue atm.

I may well be a Villa fan, but that decision was ****ing harsh. He had one foot on/behind the line, hardly a massive difference. The rule should only really be enforced if the keeper is 2 yards or more off his line, hence limiting the player significantly.
Bobzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:25   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobzeh
I may well be a Villa fan, but that decision was ****ing harsh. He had one foot on/behind the line, hardly a massive difference. The rule should only really be enforced if the keeper is 2 yards or more off his line, hence limiting the player significantly.
That was a bad decision, but then so was the one this afternoon.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:29   #57
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

I don't think it was. The ball was travelling in the opposite direction, it didn't make a difference. Maybe if the ball was SAVED it might've been.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:34   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I don't think it was. The ball was travelling in the opposite direction, it didn't make a difference. Maybe if the ball was SAVED it might've been.
For one thing, it doesn't matter. The keeper broke the rules, if the penalty is missed it must be retaken.

Secondly, we're talking about someone hitting the bar. The amount of difference it takes from the player to make that ball go in the back of the net is minute. Who knows how slight a change he might have made in his stance when Lehmann advanced?

Plus Lehmann should have been sent off.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 22:09   #59
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
oh and wtf was up with henry? he looked like he couldn't be bothered all game, his minds prolly already in madrid or milan.
True. :/
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:18   #60
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
quite frankly, after finally seeing the bloody incident, keown and certain other arsenal players shoudl be bloody suspended, cos that was ****ing ridiculous, yes, certain players ALWAYS have a bit of 'gamesmanship' (read: possibly cheating, diving etc) but what those players did was ASSAULT.
keown's arm hit RvN in the back of the head, and another player shoved him, both surely sending off offences, it doesnt matter that the final whistle had gone, i hope that both players are named in the ref's report, and suspended by the FA :/
also, wenger SERIOUSLY needs to instill some dicipline into his team, otherwise he will never have his first team playing, and they will never win ANYTHING (not that they deserve to, i have seen more restrained sunday league players FS)
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:23   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What would be absolutely ****ing hilarious would be if Arsenal were docked 3 points in order to force them to even vaguely attempt to play a game of football inside the rules of the game.

What would be even funnier is if they then went on to lose the title by two points.....

.......to Spurs.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:25   #62
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
now the weekends spurs game THERE was COMEDY INCARNATE!
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:28   #63
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish I had a telly so I could watch all these comedy moments.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:35   #64
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
now the weekends spurs game THERE was COMEDY INCARNATE!
i was crying tears of laughter

really
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:43   #65
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
i was crying tears of laughter

really

I've heard of one striker that can't score (deadly diego eh) but how ****ing many do spurs have? Now that robbie keane is back you do have (in theory) a decent strikeforce.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:50   #66
poshphil
Little Bitch

I have one question:

Why did spurs buy Bobby Zamora???

He's **** in my opinion. I saw him play against peterborough and he looked ****. If you look **** against peterborough you gotta be doing something wrong.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 11:18   #67
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil

Why did spurs buy Bobby Zamora???
Because they failed to get Shevchenko or Diego or any other high profile player they have been after in the last few seasons, so they had to resort to Nationwide division players.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 14:20   #68
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

IF you're going to buy a Nationwide striker you HAVE to risk Robert Earnshaw. No-one else has a scoring record like him
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 14:23   #69
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:
IF you're going to buy a Nationwide striker you HAVE to risk Robert Earnshaw. No-one else has a scoring record like him
He was crap when i saw him too.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 14:24   #70
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Alternatively, if you're going to pay someone for not scoring anyway, you have to risk me.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 21:05   #71
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rudd & Keown

Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Sword
What a fracas after the penalty miss. Oh look, there's Rudd, let's knock his head off.

Heh
I like swords too

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 21:33   #72
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Isnt he the guy with the mental age of a 13yr old?

Should fit right in at Arsenal
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 21:42   #73
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I just saw the highlights and I thought it was funny to see that little Ronaldo geek with the blonde highlights push someone and run away.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 10:47   #74
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Isnt he the guy with the mental age of a 13yr old?

Should fit right in at Arsenal
lol welsh people lol
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 11:15   #75
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Having now seen the incident, that wasn't a fight, it was just a little handbags 20 paces.

If that's a fight, then it along with this being a 'top billing' game just proves what an overrated shower of ****e the Premiership is turning into. The refereeing is awful, the prices are inflated for the quality of football you get to see (most of the time not much better than the Nationwide). I was loving the bias of the Arsenip fans on 606 claiming 'Nistelrooy is cheat~$!"L' conveniently forgetting what Mr.Pires the other week.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:01   #76
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
it might be better quality most of the time, but proper football matches are played in the Nationwide. Theres a lot more passion about the game, everyone gives everything they can, even when they play for a ****e team, or one in debt. A lot of the Premiership teams just concentrate on money as much as the football now like Man United for example, when theres Notts County, the oldest football team in the world, who even Juventus copied their strip from (thats not BS :P) is going down the drain because of funds. If all the Premiership teams gave at least 500k each, that would make every single other team struggling last for at least 1 more season. It wouldnt hurt would it
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:04   #77
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
but you all will watch the pl nex week.

edit. what is nationwide?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:17   #78
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

3 seperate dvision below the premiership. division 1, 2 and 3... if you finish top 2 in div 3, you get promoted to 2, botton 3 from 2 get relegated because theres a play off from 3 to get last promotion place.

top 2 from div 2 and a play off go to div 1, bottom 3 from 1 go to 2, top 3 from 1 and a play off to go premiership and bottom 4 from premiership go to div 1...

theres a conference league below the 3 division which works the same as division 2 and 3 for promotion/relegation, then loadsa other league like Dr Martins, Rhymands League, blah blah, dont know them all etc...

*edit* yeah i will watch the pl next week cos my fav team is in there whenever i can cos i usually work at night when highlights are on and theres no live saturday matches

but my home town Grimsby is in division 2 (edit), and so are many other teams you will have heared of... best football programme is on a monday night 'Nationwide League Extra'

Last edited by Bob The Scutter; 23 Sep 2003 at 19:36.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 19:22   #79
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob The Scutter

but my home town Grimsby is in division 1

I'm sure you may well care for Nationwide football etc. but er... Grimsby are in division 2 afaik :/.

Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
He was crap when i saw him too.
Not quite sure when you saw him as he's easily the best striker in the Nationwide. 30/40+ goal seasons for 3 seasons in a row and already 11 goals in division 1 this campaign. Not bad for the leading striker in a side that's risen from Division 3 recently.

Quote:
Originally posted by Costa

lol welsh people lol

Great post, keep it up.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 19:36   #80
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Quote:
I'm sure you may well care for Nationwide football etc. but er... Grimsby are in division 2 afaik :/.
er yeah, sorry, musta been a typo :P
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 20:15   #81
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

P.S: Robert Earnshaw 2 - 0 West Ham