User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Aug 2004, 07:38   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Alliance Wars, A Suggestion for Round 13 ?

Why not just have it for alliances only ?

Think about it. The different alliances sign up and are given them their own clusters with private galaxies and then they are left to fight it out properly. If they pre sign up before the round starts everyone has no excuse not to be organised properly, galaxies filled etc with no 3 planet galaxies, no inactives and no free players that generate no revenue. Jolt gets money in the bank and the alliances get a level playing field.

Yes ?
No ?

Comments please, ta

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 07:43   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alliance Wars, A Suggestion for Round 13 ?

Can a clever mod move this to planetarion discussions where it should be, ta

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 07:58   #3
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

how do you want to introduce newbies ?
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 08:13   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Would these be newbies that either dont pay for a planet, are introduced to the game by someone in an alliance already and would be able to join that one or a newbie that knows nothing about PA, has never heard of PA and would never play PA ?

Granted, it's a valid point but I don't think it is that relevant if you consider the amount of old ex players that could be convinced to return.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !

Last edited by Vaio; 8 Aug 2004 at 08:21.
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 11:53   #5
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

I'm clever.
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 12:06   #6
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

I suggested something like this to jolt sometime ago.. they didn't seem interested ( I note i intended to run as a seperate round, otherwise its unfair to normal players)
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 12:54   #7
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As Karm said as a seperate and shorter round it might be intresting, but not as a main round it wouldnt be. For starters most of the game would see their round over very quickly under these circumstances (the bigger alliances would pick off the smaller allaiances pretty easierly in this situation) and as others have said such a round wouldnt do anything to expand the playerbase
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 12:58   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for a starter it would make things alot harder for disloyal members who run over to the enemy.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 13:25   #9
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Would these be newbies that either dont pay for a planet, are introduced to the game by someone in an alliance already and would be able to join that one or a newbie that knows nothing about PA, has never heard of PA and would never play PA ?

Granted, it's a valid point but I don't think it is that relevant if you consider the amount of old ex players that could be convinced to return.

~Vaio~

each sort of newbie.

right now there are maybe 5 or 6 really competetive allliances... the top 10 isnt really a "top 10" anymore if you understand what i mean. - why is that so ? because there are not enough planets left, the only way to improve pa is to get more planets back - how ? i dont know :/

but if you dont give newbies atleast a bit of a chance than pa wont have atlesat a bit of a chance (if it has anyways)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 14:14   #10
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Newbies will never be given a chance or and easy ride cos they are the easy targets - they are the targets with limited contacts (for defence or retal). The problem is there aren't enough new players + the universe has shrunk so small the game is on the verge of being not viable.

People hark back to the days of 180,000 planets because u could sit for hours checking for nice galaxies planets to attack. When a new player joins now they are immediately jumped on because everyone wants to win (and win at any cost)

I believe we have reached the point to start again - While the game still has a member base it should be rethought and a new way should be sought to make it work

One idea could be to make it free again for a number of seasons - get back the kind of numbers that used to play a few years ago and then reintroduce P2P with a proper timescale and a proper system
P2P was sprung on everyone when introduced and I believe that allienated most of the community
Also I believe that there should be more control over Blocking and alliances and newbie bashing as this is far more damaging to the game than things like MULTYING or farming
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 19:35   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
As Karm said as a seperate and shorter round it might be intresting, but not as a main round it wouldnt be. For starters most of the game would see their round over very quickly under these circumstances (the bigger alliances would pick off the smaller allaiances pretty easierly in this situation) and as others have said such a round wouldnt do anything to expand the playerbase
Then once there is a clear winner, declare the round ended in 7 days or something.

Smaller alliances can band together if needed, if the alliances are only given a set amount of planets and clusters there is no reason why the numbers cant be met.

Is the player base actually expanding ? What are the figures for new players ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 19:36   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
Newbies will never be given a chance or and easy ride cos they are the easy targets - they are the targets with limited contacts (for defence or retal). The problem is there aren't enough new players + the universe has shrunk so small the game is on the verge of being not viable.

People hark back to the days of 180,000 planets because u could sit for hours checking for nice galaxies planets to attack. When a new player joins now they are immediately jumped on because everyone wants to win (and win at any cost)

I believe we have reached the point to start again - While the game still has a member base it should be rethought and a new way should be sought to make it work

One idea could be to make it free again for a number of seasons - get back the kind of numbers that used to play a few years ago and then reintroduce P2P with a proper timescale and a proper system
P2P was sprung on everyone when introduced and I believe that allienated most of the community
Also I believe that there should be more control over Blocking and alliances and newbie bashing as this is far more damaging to the game than things like MULTYING or farming
This is relevant how ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 20:49   #13
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Then once there is a clear winner, declare the round ended in 7 days or something.

Smaller alliances can band together if needed, if the alliances are only given a set amount of planets and clusters there is no reason why the numbers cant be met.

Is the player base actually expanding ? What are the figures for new players ?

~Vaio~
The playerbase is expanding, this round is the first time since p2p was introcuced that the number of paid planets is up on the previous round.

As for small alliances banding together, I dont know how many times you have tried to get a number of smaller alliances to work together but its hard. Plus small isnt just a membership base thing, its also a skill, experiance and most importantly precieved streagth thing. If you have two galaxies one whos 1up and ones whos coven, both are same size who would you attack if you were in neither and had no grudges agaisnt either ect. You would attack coven because they are deemed a lesser threat. Under your idea it does give smaller alliance even if they banded together a hard task just to get past the first weeks as they are deemed lesser targets and even if they got lucky established themselves as a major player theres still going to be most of the game who are out of action very quickly as the weakest alliances will have everyone else targeting them. To me this doesnt really sound like a good proper round, rather a special short round perhaps with faster ticks as something differnt running alongside main round
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 20:54   #14
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

To point out.. just cause the # of paid accounts have gone up... doesn't mean that the playerbase has gone up.

I don't know what the exact figures are.. but i know a good coupleof thousands credits (which i assume have now been spent) were left over from last round/speedgames

not that i don't believe the claims that the player base has gone up or anything
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 21:46   #15
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
The playerbase is expanding, this round is the first time since p2p was introcuced that the number of paid planets is up on the previous round.
Are these new players or old returning players ? It does make a difference.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 22:00   #16
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
As for small alliances banding together, I dont know how many times you have tried to get a number of smaller alliances to work together but its hard. Plus small isnt just a membership base thing, its also a skill, experiance and most importantly precieved streagth thing. If you have two galaxies one whos 1up and ones whos coven, both are same size who would you attack if you were in neither and had no grudges agaisnt either ect. You would attack coven because they are deemed a lesser threat. Under your idea it does give smaller alliance even if they banded together a hard task just to get past the first weeks as they are deemed lesser targets and even if they got lucky established themselves as a major player theres still going to be most of the game who are out of action very quickly as the weakest alliances will have everyone else targeting them.
This really isn't that different from a normal PA round though is it ?

Quote:
To me this doesnt really sound like a good proper round, rather a special short round perhaps with faster ticks as something differnt running alongside main round
If you run it alongside a normal round, the normal round will have less players as they will be concentrating on the 'speed' round

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 23:55   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
To point out.. just cause the # of paid accounts have gone up... doesn't mean that the playerbase has gone up.

I don't know what the exact figures are.. but i know a good coupleof thousands credits (which i assume have now been spent) were left over from last round/speedgames

not that i don't believe the claims that the player base has gone up or anything

there are roughly the same number of unused credits now as there were before this round started so the playerbace has indeed expanded by a good number since last round.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 00:02   #18
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

ofc unused credits arent indicative of player count, one person can have more then one, and un-used credits ALWAYS belong to paid planets since an unpaid account getting a credit, has it used auto to upgrade them

the number of paid planet this round ( Which really is the only reliable indicator ) has gone up this round from last time, and indeed there are more paid accounts out there then there are free ones
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 07:47   #19
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

But how many are new players ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 08:17   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

well they are either new or they are people who were using free planets last round or returning players. All of thoose are good things imo

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:09   #21
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Who cares about player counts? What has that got to do with an allianec only round? Lets get back to the point please.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:34   #22
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Are these new players or old returning players ? It does make a difference.

~Vaio~
Start of the round I would say they were mainly returning players due to 1up but theres certainly a steady stream of brand new players
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:40   #23
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
This really isn't that different from a normal PA round though is it ?

If you run it alongside a normal round, the normal round will have less players as they will be concentrating on the 'speed' round
Yes but my point is a system liek your suggesting groups the smaller alliances together in one place. It makes it impossible for smaller players to blend in and make them simple targets to hit while the big alliances unless hit by some well planend attacks right at the start will find themselves sitting pretty in galaxies that people know not to go near. Its basically taking the most major problem for small alliances in a private universe and making things ten times worse by now throwing all their private galaxies into a cluster together

As for less players in the real round, I think alot of that depends on the timing of the new round and the duration.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:43   #24
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
Who cares about player counts? What has that got to do with an allianec only round? Lets get back to the point please.
Actually its a vital aspect in this discussion. An alliance only round would be fairly inaccessable to new and returning players and as such it risks turning what is an upturn in PA numbers back into a downslide.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 10:15   #25
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree, but we are going off point a bit. We should be discussing the merits of an alliance only round.

To me this round will simply act as an opportunity for medium alliances to absorb small alliances and for the larger ones to reinforce their naps etc.

I can see no valuable advantage for having such a round as the big war that everyone wants will never happen as nobody has the balls (or tight enough security) to do it.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 10:28   #26
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But how many are new players ?

~Vaio~
I am an old player does that help?
I retruned this round after playing the beta
Pa has definetly improved a lot and capping alliances to 100 is pretty good.
I am enjoying this round very much last time i played ppl would r4pe me for 3 ticks now its just the one
You know how nice that is.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote