User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Apr 2004, 11:49   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
IF r11 contains priv gals...

What about restricting number of different allies in a private gal to 2, or even 1? This would make the game alot more unpredicatable , and noone would be sure to have won the round by the first two weeks. Declaring winners in the end would be an easy issue, and having the best battles ever seen in PA would be fun. Now this doesnt prevent alliances from blocking, but it takes away every excuse ever made for not breaking up a block when the other blocks are reduced.

Now this happens, and the #1 block turns on eachother. The #2 and #3 block + smaller alliances will again have a chance to grow back. This will be a way to keep the war going for ages One could think of the possebility to reduce number of planets in one gal, but I think 10 is fine.

Now Toneh told me he didnt like it because the small alliances would be owned. Well, this doesnt prevent alliances from cooperating, as said. Small alliances should even be able to "merge" ingame to fill the 100 member limit, and they would have been equal to the "biggies".
Say alliance X has 40 members, which means at current 4 full gals it will be very hard to defend 10 members under attack at the same time, but this is one part which makes it interesting. Big allies will have the same problem...But they are more likely to get hit because they have more gals out there. Much can be solved ingal too... Attacking would be a much more personal thing.

Random gals would have unlimited number of alliances...I higly doubt that would be much of a bonus, but sitll if people wish to go random, make it random. People who exile from a priv gal should not be able to join a private one again. What I mean is that every planet should have the oppertunity to join a priv gal only once each round.(ever paid planet that is)

More coming when I can remember it :P

Edited the entire post

-Jonas-

-Jonas-

Retired

Last edited by Jonas; 11 Apr 2004 at 12:24.
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 22:36   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IF r11 contains priv gals...

And how did you plan to prevent people from switching alliances after the galaxies have been made? Or do you want to forbid people to leave their alliance?
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 22:39   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

not to leave, but to join a new one(when in that gal)

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 11:20   #4
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Two issues spring to my mind. The first is the defence calls, if it were one alliance per galaxy they would be horrendous, and pretty much make PA an attack and counterattack game, a style that not all favour, including myself.

The second is that a player is tied to a choice of one or two alliances for an entire round. If a player decides mid-round that the options available for alliances do not suit him/her then he/she is really out of options.

All this is assuming that the game mechanics make in-game alliance membership imperative, not just beneficial. Should that not become the case then any control of galaxy makeup would be lost.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 12:00   #5
Gerbie
pe0n

If they don't like their choice they can always exile. The game should be random anyway... A possible option is also to open gals to random players after you are with the people you want in your priv gal.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 05:43   #6
Mouse

hm maby

I was lying awake one night and I thought to myslef.
How bout we make it so that there are both priv and random gals. But in a private gal you are not allowed to have more then 1 alliance. while randoms can join what ever alliance they like.
This would allow the big harcore gamers to get the priv gals they so desperatly need, but at the price that they have 10 members in the same gal. So the big allys have 100 members in 10 different gals which isn't by far as many as 100 members in 50 different gals like we'r seeing now. This would ofc require that the -1 tick eta for alliance was kept.

This might get someone to think twice about making priv gals although they'd stlll have a better chance of wining cus they always do no matter how badly you penalty them. And would eliminate any possible way for fence sitting, and when top 4 allies are blocked and want to break up but can't cus all their gals contain members from all theyr different allies now a days.
I don't realy think that defence would be that big of a problem (yes you probly wouldent get every single incomming covered by ally) since you'll have about a tenth of your alliance in your gal, so ingal def would become much more important (maby reduce ingal eta) It is much more fun when atleast some attacks land even though it's on your own gal, atleast you'll know that your enemy has the same problem.

Proly a few errors in here so please point em out.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 07:52   #7
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hm maby

thats actually a damn decent idea, i'll leave it to others to nitpick the problems... i'm to tired to look for them
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 16:19   #8
Gerbie
pe0n

Nice idea.
I dont realy see any problems though implementation is not that simple as it seems.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:12   #9
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

not that bad as a plan, can't see it being popular tho :P

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:35   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

well what if u limited it to 2 alliances in a gal, that is actually coverable defensivly, and it means small efficent blocks would be the way forward rather than large super blocks

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:35   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The problem is it locks people into an alliance for the round. What happens the alliance disbands and they all go to differnt alliances?

Also we still have thr problem of blocking, as long as the top alliances decide to block those in private galaxies are relativly safe because the benifit of having a number of players from a top alliance in one galaxy is still imense
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:02   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Private/Random Galaxy Idea

maybe it woudl only apply up unitl a certian tick then all gals are classed as random for th epurpses of alliances from then on

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:12   #13
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And then your back to the situation we have now, its no improvement really
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:16   #14
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

wakey wins, however i do think it's a better alternative than the "anyone can go with anyone" private gals that i've seen so far

-mist
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:34   #15
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

mjrTorspo is an unknown quantity at this point
pure 1-alliance galaxies

Make ingame alliance so that only planets in same ingal alliance can be in a galaxy, so it would actually be the galaxy that has an alliance as a whole.

with 5 planets in galaxy it should work nicely, and since 0 shared gals -> blocks wouldnt be such a problem (cba to explain why not, figure it out )

also.. setting max planets for alliance to 50 would be a positive thing [flame](well maybe not for wp/fang )[/flame] but it would lead to more alliances making politics less boring and not forcing alliances to mass recruit(100 members these days is that even if it wasnt in r4) but able to be more picky.

so 5-planet private galaxies only to alliance members and 15-planet random galaxies for people without alliance.
From: Phil (1:1:7) Subject: you know Sent: Thu Apr 29 15:46:54 2004
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

mjrTorspo - cheating ely scum
mjrTorspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:42   #16
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
Re: pure 1-alliance galaxies

I support the 5 planet galaxies but prefer random universe instead.

Only reason there are blocks is because HC's are chicken sh*t. For that I respect a bunch of smaller alliances who have no ties to other alliances.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:47   #17
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

forgot to add 2 things: you could only send def to same alliance planets and if there were 2 fleets attacking same target from different alliances they would fight eachother.

all for making it easier for alliances to go solo.
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:48   #18
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

WE have considered this and discussed it with alliances.

it would result in huge galaxies.. remove the possibility of random galaxies.. and in a way encourage blocking more

however i would appreciate if you continue to discuss this.. both postive and negative sides
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:48   #19
mist
Jolt's best friend

this does, however, forbid people from changing alliance mid round. what do you do if you're booted from your alliance for some reason - game over?

-mist
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:51   #20
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

automatic exile to a random gal where you need to stay without ally protection for 72ticks before you could join another alliance. When joining another alliance get moved randomly to some of that alliances galaxies that arent full.
Phil^

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 22:07   #21
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

merged 2 similar threads together
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 01:55   #22
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian

it would result in huge galaxies.. remove the possibility of random galaxies.. and in a way encourage blocking more
it would? why? (how about 5player priv gals with ingal alliance feature as a bonus available for only them and 25player random gals?)

didnt notice there was a similar thread already here..
Phil^

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 08:00   #23
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian

however i would appreciate if you continue to discuss this.. both postive and negative sides
Why would it result in huge galaxies?
If 'huge' referes to score: It would make alliance def harder in priv gals. I think it would reduce their size.
If 'huge' refers to # of players in a gal. I don't see why you can't change the galaxy size for priv gals to whatever you like.

Why would it remove the possibility of random galaxies?
You can have both.
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 16:09   #24
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

Re: [DISCUSS]1 Alliance Galaxies - Merged Thread

Also.. for the random galaxies there should be a possibility of cluster reduced eta that wouldnt be available for the alliance galaxies.
Phil^