User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 23:10   #1
SirKillALot
The One And Only

SirKillALot is an unknown quantity at this point
Speedgames

I think having a weekly speed game on Saturday or Friday would make much more people play the original 1 hour tick version aswell.

I played R3 and R4 before the second speed game that was in February. Because of this speedgame I just had to start playing PA again. Now I'm adicted.

So I would suggest that every 14th day or something you arrange a speedgame.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 00:38   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Speedgames

nice idea imo - a regular speed game could bring some money in for pa and attract players. maybe latenrate types - one type full weekends, other type evenings during the week or something.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 01:35   #3
FernandeZ
The good old times

FernandeZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea.. it cant harm with some action in the weekends
R11.5 || VsN - MO
R12 || VsN - MO / 1up

/me hugs Myzztica, you sexy little thing!
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 10:15   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tbh I think a 'regular' speed game might be a bad idea in the long run from a finace point of view. Its like the case of creme eggs, these used to be available at all times of year but it was found that restricting them to the period after Xmas till Easter resulted in more yearly sales. It could easierly be the same with PA, while the occasional speed game creates a demand for the product regular speedgame could very well stop them being 'special' events and start to lose their appeal and hence dont turn over the same profit.

They have a product here which is a fairly useful money spinner and they really shouldnt over expose it, it could perhaps handle a few more of them but not as frequent as every week or fortnight. Also sticking to such a rigid schedual could hit profits it itself, if you know how often they will be you ahve the chance to decide "I wont play this one theres one in x days" where as if theres no schedual you have the situation where people say "I didnt really want to play this but i dont know when the next one is so sod it"
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 19:01   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

regular, asin one a month or once every other month might be the way forward. if they're regular people know when they're comming, which would avoid complaints about needing a warking to get time off like we had last time around

-mist
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 19:04   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

defintly lots of notice is needed

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 19:10   #7
SirKillALot
The One And Only

SirKillALot is an unknown quantity at this point

With some more planning to the idea it would work right? Once a month atleast, last weekend of the month.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 21:23   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

once a month might be too often, i'd go for once every other. stopping ticks one weekend a month, alternativly for speed games and private games?

-mist
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 20:14   #9
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

we will be trying to do more speedgames.. but wakey hit it right on the head
if we do to many/too often then they will get dull repetative and numbers will dwindle
we are however hoping to introduce the idea of hiring pa.. as such if you wish to run a private speedgame you can
Closed Thread