User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 29 Mar 2004, 20:00   #1
unhappy

unhappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Mr spinner

Now in season 10.5 and fresh from a recode and redevelopment, Planetarion 10.5 is an online space-based game of strategy, politics and epic war. Planet against planet, Alliance against alliance, you can either survive or die. As a ruler of just one planet in the darkness of the universe, it is your task to construct your fleets, build up your planet and mine the much coveted asteroids that encircle your planet. Choose your race and rule your planet as the ultimate warmonger. Develop your technologies and harvest resources, whilst fighting off those who would steal your wealth.

-Hack into enemy finance programs and steal their wealth.
-Send spies to sabotage your enemy's war machine.
-Steal the precious resource asteroids with your mighty fleet.
-Work with your galaxy to achieve victory, and to support each other in times of need.
-Ally with planets in far away galaxies to further your domination.
-Fight to the death in real-time against thousands of other players online.

Planetarion 10.5 : The Awakening - You, your wits and a browser against the entire universe.

Planetarion 10.5 : The Awakening - Have You got a planet yet?

Think u missed a few things spinner

-dont bother playing unless ur in a top alliance
-if u attack u will be crushed by waves of alliance n00bs
-if u dare to attack the rest of ur gal will be crushed in retal by alliance n00bs
-expect constant threats from the alliance n00bs of the guy u dared to attack
-if ur an independent player looking for a bit of tactical fun - move along sonny nothing for u here

BTW Mr Spinner
top move with the structure killers makes it real easy to rebuild after the waves of alliance n00bs have gone when ur ships are all dead ur ship factorys are destroyed and ur mines destroyed way to go dude makes me want to carry on playing ill just sit and wait for the smaller alliance n00bs to arrive and finish me off while i watch the ticks tick past b4 i can produce defence again lol

and too the alliance n00bs that destroyed our gal way to go pld dudes ur constant waves of attack sure taught our small gal of independet fun loving players wat PA is all about
tbh im just glad i only nicked 10 roids off ur guy .. fook if i'd taken ne more ud have problerly come round me house and raped me dog and killed the kids thank god u stopped with just crushing me and the 9 other poor souls that had the misfortune to end up in a gal with a fool that has the nerve to attack 1 of ur own

unhappy.dissalusioned and £5 worse off
Unread 29 Mar 2004, 21:20   #2
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mr spinner

they're n00bs cos they beat you?

this is a team game by the way... always has been; you just found out why.
Unread 29 Mar 2004, 21:21   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

the point is, this is also why this game is dying
Unread 29 Mar 2004, 21:56   #4
unhappy

unhappy is an unknown quantity at this point

"game of strategy, politics and epic war. Planet against planet, Alliance against alliance"

I see no mention of alliance against planet ?

and yes they r n00bs the guy whose roids i took wants them back let him come fight me for them thats fair
only a n00b would come with 20 or so m8's and crush the rest of gal for fun
gives the game great playabillity i spose
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 00:56   #5
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem is that in the current gameplay you need to have the biggest planet to win. And you must be able to resist all. That requires you ally with the strongest block. The solution can be to change the score system. It was done in PaX. But then at a certain point a tiny planet was ranked #1 and that wasn't really the intention either.
So they 'tweaked' the game. A little too good.

As I suggested earlier (http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=176086) it is possible to have a scoring system that is less dependant on planet value and more based on experience.
A problem with current experience however is that to gain experience a high value is also usefull...
The expirience points gained can use a larger multiplier. Just increase the maximum multiplier. An alternative can be to replace it by a maximum score gain of 0.5*enemie's_value. More scoregain when attacking big planets will mean that you have to be able to target the biggest planets if you want to be able to win. Who would block in such a situation?

plz re-tweak the game and let us little guys and girls have some fun.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS

Last edited by Gerbie; 30 Mar 2004 at 01:24.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 08:53   #6
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

they so turned the wrong turn after round3
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 09:56   #7
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
More scoregain when attacking big planets will mean that you have to be able to target the biggest planets if you want to be able to win. Who would block in such a situation?

plz re-tweak the game and let us little guys and girls have some fun.
attacking big planets while your small is... impractical, largely. if the large planets block and attack the small planets, then none of them are attacking other large planets, so it's back to who can bash fastest.

worryingly preferably to having a real fight

-mist
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:24   #8
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Imagine you have alliances A, B, C and D...Z

D...Z have decided to work together in a Twentriad (or whatever). They completely rape A, B and C. Now the game stagnates (for them). A, B and C however can still attack each other as well as the smaller D...Z planets. Although it's pretty hard (D...Z have plenty of def), they sometimes do succeed.

As the D...Z planets are considerably bigger, the gains for a successfull attack are huge. The biggest planet (scorewise) in this situation will belong to a planet of A, B or C, while the D...Z planets will ofc have most value.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 14:18   #9
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

your system rather encourages suiciding fleets against planets much bigger than yours... where's the skill in that?

-mist
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 15:35   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappy
"game of strategy, politics and epic war. Planet against planet, Alliance against alliance"

I see no mention of alliance against planet ?

and yes they r n00bs the guy whose roids i took wants them back let him come fight me for them thats fair
only a n00b would come with 20 or so m8's and crush the rest of gal for fun
gives the game great playabillity i spose
No he wouldnt, a n00b wouldnt have 20 friends to come back with
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 18:04   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
the point is, this is also why this game is dying
Seconded...However I dont thin Spinner is to blame for that. Well the structure killers he is but not for alliances being overkillers...

Retired
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 20:22   #12
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

structure killers will be seriously rebalanced in the new game
Closed Thread