User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:07   #1
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
Rollback

I trust there will be a rollback after todays problems with accessing the game?

and fleets grounded!
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:48   #2
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rollback

if there is another rollback they can burry their last hopes for r11 with it.
this round is basically a joke seeing how often ticks were stopped and rollbacks occured and bugs were abused. Especially with 15 euros (the highest price ever) and the free planets still running i fail to see how anyone in pa can still believe to display any professional gameoffer to this community and more important to any new joiners.
What the boredom and crappy game did not do im sure the hillarious costumer support and lack of professionalism did.
P.S. i love the statement of Pacrew that fudge (the only person apparently with enough ticker/server access) cant care enough to even gurantee a tickstop and final roundend.
Way to go PA.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:55   #3
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

I beleive fudge is seeking other employment if not working elsewhere already. Anything he does, hes does as a faviour to pa and correct me if Im wrong but not paid for it. So you cant really expect a speedy solution, when noone else can do anything.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 17:32   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

another nail in the coffin
heres a thought if someone has credits for speed game or rd 11 will they get a refund

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 17:49   #5
PoPo
Smash Gang

PoPo is an unknown quantity at this point

FFS I am eta 3 on my attack and no def :-) I should get 250 roids or so but if theres a roll back I swear I am done with PA i been playing/paying since rd 3 and it piss's me off when this kinda stuff happens
PoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:12   #6
Darky

Darky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
I beleive fudge is seeking other employment if not working elsewhere already. Anything he does, hes does as a faviour to pa and correct me if Im wrong but not paid for it. So you cant really expect a speedy solution, when noone else can do anything.
Well, if Jolt wanna save PA and give us a r11 they better find a replacement for fudge damn fast or pay him for the job he does.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:19   #7
Hurragutten

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPo
FFS I am eta 3 on my attack and no def :-) I should get 250 roids or so but if theres a roll back I swear I am done with PA i been playing/paying since rd 3 and it piss's me off when this kinda stuff happens
So, why do you feel that you are entitled to those roids? If the game hadn't been impossible to log into, that planet might had got ingal def wich was impossible now.

Rollback and fleets grounded is the only fair way to deal when these things happen. At least when 2-3 ticks happened while noone could log into the game.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:20   #8
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

No rollback is just ****ed up, restart the ticker the same tick the game became unaccessable ffs, anything else is silly.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:23   #9
Hurragutten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
No rollback is just ****ed up, restart the ticker the same tick the game became unaccessable ffs, anything else is silly.
well, that is a rollback isn't it?

If it's done without all fleets grounded,we should be notified of th exact tickstart long before ticks really start. If that is possible I like your suggestion
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:29   #10
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
----------

personally i couldnt give a flying **** what fudge is doing,all i know is i PAID for this game and all we get is problems, if the game does roll back AGAIN then i wont be around next rd ,
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:38   #11
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

If I had my way PA would stop ticking right now, for good. Simply for the reason of NOT hear you fkwits MOAN ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON .... etc.. *YAWN*
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:39   #12
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOL
----------

personally i couldnt give a flying **** what fudge is doing,all i know is i PAID for this game and all we get is problems, if the game does roll back AGAIN then i wont be around next rd ,
I completely understand this mentality and to a degree agree with it
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:41   #13
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Hello Zeus!!
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:43   #14
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

Fudge is currently not employed with planetarion/jolt anything he does he does purely as a favor

as we were unable to get hold of him today, your lucky the ticks stopped at all.

the issue of a rollback is under discussion

but as per usual whatever we do will be wrong, besides the fact there was nothing we could do to stop the box crashing
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:44   #15
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPo
Well I just lost 90% of my fleet due this sh1t. Was online more than 2 hours before landing, so that's not it. They should at least rollback till the last whole tick the game was accessible. If they pull all fleets, fine. But if they don't they will have to keep the universe frozen for a period of time, since people must have the time to pull their fleets.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:54   #16
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

I still don't get the big problem everyone has with ticker stop/rollback. It's not like it's a unique factor of rd10, it happens everyone round. For me it adds a bit of variety, excitment even to the game. I had more fun laughing at FAnG during the last tickstop than I ever could have playing the game (and I mean any round not just this below par one). Today I had a really long carefree sleep and now I'll go do some stuff and forget about PA for the night. A welcome break, and I'll come back tomorrow refreshed and ready to kick some more Dragons butt.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:59   #17
Hurragutten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
as we were unable to get hold of him today, your lucky the ticks stopped at all.
and what kind of an attitude is this?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 19:16   #18
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Lady
Hello Zeus!!

LO sexy
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 19:28   #19
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Just end the round now.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 19:38   #20
Hexy

Hexy is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know but I'll bet WebAngel is behind this trouble too. ROFLMAO :lol:
Hexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:02   #21
SOL

Quote:
when i pay for something,i dont expect to be "lucky" if it works
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:13   #22
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
If I had my way PA would stop ticking right now, for good. Simply for the reason of NOT hear you fkwits MOAN ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON .... etc.. *YAWN*

Quote:
Fudge is currently not employed with planetarion/jolt anything he does he does purely as a favor
but as per usual whatever we do will be wrong, besides the fact there was nothing we could do to stop the box crashing
Nice attitude from 2 pa "officials"
one beeing helpdesk the other one beeing in pa team

So after i PAID for this crap game, i have to stfu if its not working and if i demand (paying customers are entitled to do such, u know) i can be "lucky" that its atleast partly worked on but not fixed.

To my knowledge Jolt owns this game and took without any luck involved MY money if you 2 poor sobs try to present anything offical for pa i would recommend you treat customers atleast with the needed respect. I for one did neither insult any of you 2 in the first place and your insults wont make any bad customer support/****ups pa does nowadays on a 24h basis undone.
So either resign if you cant fill your job properly or reply properly in the right manner.
If you cant do either contact someone from jolt and tell them to get their "ass" here and to tell us what we can exspect atleast to those who still care. If you are on it maybe hint them aswell that this certainly will not lead to any r11 playerbase surprises, alteast not positively.
Ill wish you luck now considering youll need it to get the next round paid and running with the pityfull amount of players left. Otherwise im sure you gonna have to settle down from your high horse, because without pa there is no pateam :snowman:
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:33   #23
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Nice attitude from 2 pa "officials"
one beeing helpdesk the other one beeing in pa team
i suspect the first was a personal opinion. given the circumstances, one i'm not particularly shocked by.

the second, i agree isn't an ideal state of affairs, but it IS the truth. before you start trying to roast the pa team please bear in mind that since spinner left they've been trying to keep the game running, only being able to access the server via someone who no longer works for planetarion and infact (i believe) has another job.

you seem to think this isn't great. i'd be shocked if you can find someone on the pateam who doesn't agree with you. every time something goes wrong with the game, which they can't access, people like you start making posts like this. do you think it's helpful? do you think it'll make the pateam jack up their ideas and go fix teh servers... which they don't have access to?

i can understand why you're upset, but for god's sake, there's no point attacking the people who're doing their best they can with the little they have to help you!

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:34   #24
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You know, thats a really pathetic attitude/situation.

I know of several other games run by people who dont get payed (much like you), and yet are always on call when something goes wrong.

Besides, what kind of immense ****up caused the only person with enough access to 'fix' things to not even be working with Planetarion anymore. Surely with his departure those things should have at least been handed on to another.

Truely, I'm glad I quit last round. You can get a better service elsewhere without paying a penny.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 20:38   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
if there is another rollback they can burry their last hopes for r11 with it.
this round is basically a joke seeing how often ticks were stopped and rollbacks occured and bugs were abused. Especially with 15 euros (the highest price ever) and the free planets still running i fail to see how anyone in pa can still believe to display any professional gameoffer to this community and more important to any new joiners.
What the boredom and crappy game did not do im sure the hillarious costumer support and lack of professionalism did.
P.S. i love the statement of Pacrew that fudge (the only person apparently with enough ticker/server access) cant care enough to even gurantee a tickstop and final roundend.
Way to go PA.
To be honest focht I'd almost agree with you. It's a shame that even lady luck appears to be kicking us while we're down (as far as I'm aware this wasn't due to mismanagement or anything but is just "one of those things" that happen to all online games). I imagine we will have to rollback to the last tick when all accounts were accessible (although I'm not aware of the number of inaccessible accounts) in the interests of fairness towards our paying customers. Unfortunately Planetarion is going through a period of transition right now (losing your only two paid workers is generally a bit difficult to deal with). We understand that we've been given numerous chances down the years, and I suppose all we can do is ask the players to bear with us through this problem as well.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 22:14   #26
SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
i suspect the first was a personal opinion. given the circumstances, one i'm not particularly shocked by.

the second, i agree isn't an ideal state of affairs, but it IS the truth. before you start trying to roast the pa team please bear in mind that since spinner left they've been trying to keep the game running, only being able to access the server via someone who no longer works for planetarion and infact (i believe) has another job.

you seem to think this isn't great. i'd be shocked if you can find someone on the pateam who doesn't agree with you. every time something goes wrong with the game, which they can't access, people like you start making posts like this. do you think it's helpful? do you think it'll make the pateam jack up their ideas and go fix teh servers... which they don't have access to?

i can understand why you're upset, but for god's sake, there's no point attacking the people who're doing their best they can with the little they have to help you!

-mist
------------

Ice-Lady is representing pa/jolt so her personal opinion should be kept to herself , ive paid to play pa,not to come online to see i cant access it again and again.When i do complain about the product which i pay for cause it isnt working AGAIN i dont wanna be insulted by the support team !!

as for the pa team not having access , well WTF it isnt rock science to work out that jolt should have given the new pa team access,instead of just fudge having it and he dont work on pa much now

fs alliances run their servers / websites alot better than pa can run theirs,oh and dont forget they dont get paid either!

pa will not not cause of the playerbase,but cause of how badly the pa team (present and past) have run it , maybe pass it on to some 5yr olds? they would make a better job!
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 22:32   #27
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
You know, thats a really pathetic attitude/situation.

I know of several other games run by people who dont get payed (much like you), and yet are always on call when something goes wrong.

Besides, what kind of immense ****up caused the only person with enough access to 'fix' things to not even be working with Planetarion anymore. Surely with his departure those things should have at least been handed on to another.

Truely, I'm glad I quit last round. You can get a better service elsewhere without paying a penny.
For reference, I was called up early this morning and came online
within a matter of minutes the entire pa team was online

fudge however could not be got hold of, because he was at work
and jolt were also unavailable
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 22:33   #28
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

what focht said..
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 22:49   #29
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

It was my personal opinion nothing more.
I, like everyone else here, am totally free to express it any way I see fit. I do not work for PA nor Jolt, I do not get paid for my time in support, I offer my time freely to help out for the good of the game and the community. Nothing more. It was me who brought the PA team's attention to the fact the game was down as soon as I was awake this morning at 8am. I witnessed phone calls and emails flying around to all in the team that could possibly do anything to get things back to some kind of working order. They reacted as promptly as was feasibly possible to the situation given the time of the morning it occurred.

Focht, it wasn't personal at you at all, IF it had been intended that way I would have addressed my reply to you directly. In no way did I disrespect you or anyone else, nor was it my intention do so if my posting came across that way.
I too have paid for this game, I to become fed up when things go wrong but I'm one of the people who have to suffer to continual stream of abuse in trying to "help" get things fixed and trying to keep people informed.

SOL, if you think you could do a better job than the current team in the daily running of PA then offer your services, skills and time for free to make PA a better place to be.
I agree it becomes annoying and frustrating when things go wrong, it's understandable, but at this current period of time PA is going through an uncomfortable transition, were new people are trying to settle into their new roles etc. Asking for a little patience surely isn't too much to ask for and not abusing the voluntary staff would also be nice.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:06   #30
LeviUK
Galley Slave

LeviUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps my opinion differs to the majority and many will disagree but I personally don't see what the complaining is all about. So the game hardware/os crashed. How many times has it been down this round? I don't just mean ticks stopped.. I mean down? Yes, compared to previous rounds. not bad at all. Also, given the time allocated for testing, there was always going to be a few bugs and it was unfortunate that a few saw fit to exploit this to the disadvantage of others.

Personally, I've enjoyed this round.. I'm not in the t100 but I've had fun and enjoyed another few months within the community (in particular my friends in ND) and seriously wonder how anyone could begrudge paying a measly £10 for it. Hell, that's pocket money fs - you could drink that in under an hour. So with regards to the downtime today and probably part of tomorrow, big deal.. I'll get a good sleep tonight and be fresh for when the ticks resume.

And to those grumbling about a rollback ruining their attack.. too bad but I'm sure you'd be defending that particular option vigourously were it you with the undefended incoming or your attack was defended.

Just my ha'penny.. live with it.

Planetarion Amateur since round 4.
LeviUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:43   #31
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Ah well, wasnt about to reply, but hey, i just MUST....

PA Crew, you are greatly appreciated for the work you do and have done in the past. Given that fact, i'd still like to make the following comments, which are intended as constructive criticism, and not as flaming.

MrBrick has been away for a long time. Same for other ppl who are in the team. Some rounds ago it was a habit of Spinner/Zeus etc. to announce these things on the forums, so we all knew when to expect some1 being absent. At the moment, we dont know anything until someone by chance finds out and the word spreads.

Appoint new ppl. Fudge being the only one to access the servers is, well, silly. He has no official busness with PA anymore, and might grow tired of it anytime. What do you do then? Get some1 while fudge is still inclined to tell him the ins and the outs.

Get more ppl with access anyway.... one person is no smart...

Always pls update ppl with info. Not knowing whats going on is one of the most frustrating things for ppl. It irritates them, makes them angry, etc.

Ban ppl from channels/forums that flame. I have seen planetarion develop from a place where sometimes ppl werent nice, to a place where sometimes ppl ARE nice. If i idle in #support, I see ppl flaiming ops for any length of time, and all they get is warnings about being kick/banned, but it almost never happens. There is one simple rule: if you behave, you will be listened to, if you dont, you get banned/kicked from forums.

Sharpen all rules and EULA. Makes things easier. For instance, some planets are deleted in 1 day, others remain closed but not deleted the entire round. why? Simple example, but a frustration to many. There is more rules like this that can be sharper. Also make clear that by signing up you make sure ppl say yes to th efact what crew can and cannot do. Ive seen endless discussions about proof that has to be shown or not. State it in the EULA! If ppl dont agree? Then let them not play, their decision

Reintro the CH, but na it the Crews Hour ^^

Make it a habit of being online on IRC, chatting along. If you use strict rules about behaviour, then the rest of ppl in the chans will be nice to you, and it will be worth it. Also, dont go offline always in the middle of conversations. If you dont have time, then tell ppl. etc.

many mor ethings that needs improvement.. (bug resolving, etc)

Having said all this, i must admit that i am surprised pax runs at all. I dont know why crew insist to do something while being flamed so much. On the other hand, im surprised ppl still play with such problems in the game and towards the crew.

Now ill prolly get some reaction. I dont care. This is addressed to the crew, not the public, but it is an open letter ^^.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:50   #32
SOL

Quote:
It was my personal opinion nothing more.
I, like everyone else here, am totally free to express it any way I see fit. I do not work for PA nor Jolt, I do not get paid for my time in support,

SOL, if you think you could do a better job than the current team in the daily running of PA then offer your services, skills and time for free to make PA a better place to be.
1.ice-lady you are probably a nice woman,although ive never had the chance to talk to you but you are in the planetarion support team,if you get paid or not that isnt my concern, but you do work for PA and in turn jolt so you cant just rant and rave,you represent pa!

2.zeus made a perfect thread ( http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=173095 ) here hopefully the pa team will enlighten us on these matters , as for running pa im not intrested but im sure my little sister and her nursery mates would be intrested , it cant get any worse than it is now.....................right?
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:56   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I agree it becomes annoying and frustrating when things go wrong, it's understandable, but at this current period of time PA is going through an uncomfortable transition, were new people are trying to settle into their new roles etc. Asking for a little patience surely isn't too much to ask for and not abusing the voluntary staff would also be nice.
I know of multiple people who've offered their time and skills to the continued running of the game, but there haven't been positions for them to fill. It must be frustrating for PA Team (which sounded so much better as 'Crew') to have to continually take the flak for things out of their control, I can only imagine that being in a position where you ought to be able to help people but not having the necessary access/resources/information to do so prevents you from fulfilling your role is a nightmare. That's why it should be (assuming they haven't already) all of PA Team making these points to Jolt since you're the ones that are their public persona. But you have to expect people to get angry at the only representatives of the game that they can see when the product they've paid for isn't working out how they planned; it happens in any other sector involving the public, PA is no different.

As I say, I can only assume that concerns such as these are being raised by Karm (who I assume is acting as a liason in Brick's absence), but it shouldn't just be on his shoulders, it should be each and every PA Team member making his/her views known to a company who to the customer doesn't even seem to be involved at all in the game.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 00:17   #34
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Well I just lost 90% of my fleet due this sh1t.
Well, you'd have lost it anyway. Admit it, you're crap at the game :(((((((((((((((((
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 00:26   #35
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Ah well, wasnt about to reply, but hey, i just MUST....
Appoint new ppl. Fudge being the only one to access the servers is, well, silly. He has no official busness with PA anymore, and might grow tired of it anytime. What do you do then? Get some1 while fudge is still inclined to tell him the ins and the outs.
[...]
Get more ppl with access anyway.... one person is no smart...
These two would certainly be a great help, but that's all up to Jolt, as PA Team are all volunteers who can't simply appoint people or hand out server access. And although Jolt really cares about the game, they are completely unable to be contacted, or pay any form of attention to PA
Quote:
Always pls update ppl with info. Not knowing whats going on is one of the most frustrating things for ppl. It irritates them, makes them angry, etc.
Reintroducing the Announcements forum would be a great step in that direction, but it would need regular posting. Unfortunately MrBrick seems to be MIA most of the time as well, so that's another problem.
Quote:
Reintro the CH, but na it the Crews Hour ^^
Would have to be TH then, Team's Hour, considering PA Crew ceased to exist several rounds ago
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 10:26   #36
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, this is a corporate game (paid for in full by customers), under a parent company (Jolt). People pay, people expect a game, there is no two ways around it.

If fudge is no longer in the employ of Jolt, and is so ****ing hard to find that people were "lucky" ticks stopped during a problematic period.... WHY THE **** IS HE STILL THE ONLY PERSON WITH ACCESS?

I mean seriously this takes fubar to new heights, the kill switch of a game is held solely in the hand of someone who no longer works for it. You said it yourself, he no longer works here, he shouldn't have the access and someone within PATeam should (I'd be giving the precise same speech in #pateam now if I hadn't have left).

It just boggles the mind.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:55   #37
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[Leshy]But Jolt really cares![/Leshy]
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:19   #38
Jellinek
Asleep...

Jellinek is an unknown quantity at this point

Answer questions, and if you cannot do so, then tell people why not.

In this country, the railsystem is almost as pathetic as in the UK, but the number of complaints/abusive ppl dropped significantly when they started announcing the reasons for delays, both in the (sometimes stranded) trains and at the stations.
The same goes (even more so) for an online game. People want to know in advance what will happen, and why. Why not post all relevant info on that 'Announcements' board, this would include key people being away from xx until yy, scheduled maintenance which could increase instability, etcetera. Let people know, set realistic ETAs for fixes, and make sure people have the authority and access they need. If noone can do a rollback, don't stop the ticker to benefit only 7% of the people, or do other risky things with the game/server/whatever. Or at least make sure the person you may need later is willing to come over soon. And if there are no ppl that can fix it, then don't run a game (that's for you jolt).

But for the players who are pissed off, please DO realise that PA Team-members cannot do more than they are doing atm. They do not have the accfess/authority to fix the problems and are just the 'front-office'. They should be the ones abusing other people: the nonexistent backoffice Jolt should be supplying.

So if both parties would think before they post (or, in Jolt's case: please just post!), and direct critique to the right people, in a civilised manner, we have a chance that something positive can result from this.
[/preachmode]

Jellinek