User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 20 Mar 2014, 15:49   #51
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Galaxy Exiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Isildurx said he couldnt keep newbies in his gal with the size of 7-8 planets.
Therefor bigger tags, and bigger gals would be better?
zzzzzzzzzz, still on about that? Atleast keep it in a thread where it's relevant.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 15:56   #52
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
zzzzzzzzzz, still on about that? Atleast keep it in a thread where it's relevant.
Its not relevant?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 16:14   #53
TheoDD

Quote:
Its not relevant?
Possibly in your mind, stop derailing the thread.
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 17:24   #54
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Most 60 man tags hit 3 gals each night?
At the beginning yes, but as the round progresses this drops, and especially during war where planets from smaller alliances could suffer from "collateral damage".
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 17:39   #55
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
At the beginning yes, but as the round progresses this drops, and especially during war where planets from smaller alliances could suffer from "collateral damage".
Even so, its rarely any more than 15-18 attackers. as i allready said.

Unread 20 Mar 2014, 17:41   #56
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Its not relevant?
This statement pretty much confirms why the alliances you are synomous with are not known for their roiding skills. Most alliances go after 2 galaxies a night and from my personal experience bcing normally 1 gets overfilled and the other has hardly any takers
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 17:44   #57
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say a typical night of incs is usually 30-60 fleets of inc, depending on the fatness of the gal and he ally involved.
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 17:55   #58
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I'd say a typical night of incs is usually 30-60 fleets of inc, depending on the fatness of the gal and he ally involved.
But then again in round 54 my gal had 230+ hostile fleets incoming in a single night.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 17:56   #59
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and that obviously wasn't a typical night...............
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 18:11   #60
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Even so, its rarely any more than 15-18 attackers. as i allready said.
For 90% of the round 3/4 of an alliance will raid nightly. So for a 60 man tag that's about 45 planets. 2/3rds of those will attack with 2 fleets. So thats up to roughly 75.

A galaxy with all 8 planets sending out 3 USEFUL fleets of defence is only 24 fleets. So you are already relying on defence to bail you out against 50 excess fleets.

Just a pointer here bitcher if an alliance is going after one of these t5 gāls then normally it's the only gal on the raid.

In short with 8 gal members you need all 8 looking after themselves and others, no freeloaders!

Don't bring alliance size propaganda into a galaxy thread again please
Unread 20 Mar 2014, 23:39   #61
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
For 90% of the round 3/4 of an alliance will raid nightly. So for a 60 man tag that's about 45 planets. 2/3rds of those will attack with 2 fleets. So thats up to roughly 75.

A galaxy with all 8 planets sending out 3 USEFUL fleets of defence is only 24 fleets. So you are already relying on defence to bail you out against 50 excess fleets.

Just a pointer here bitcher if an alliance is going after one of these t5 gāls then normally it's the only gal on the raid.

In short with 8 gal members you need all 8 looking after themselves and others, no freeloaders!

Don't bring alliance size propaganda into a galaxy thread again please
So your saying a normal gal raids contains 10 attacking fleets each planet?
What if the gal is double booked?
All the alliances ive been in would book between 2 and 3 gals each night for a 60 man tags, but i Guess they are a little better at attacking than those you are in then.

Unread 21 Mar 2014, 00:22   #62
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Cool Re: Galaxy Exiles

Quote:
So your saying a normal gal raids contains 10 attacking fleets each planet?
What if the gal is double booked?
All the alliances ive been in would book between 2 and 3 gals each night for a 60 man tags, but i Guess they are a little better at attacking than those you are in then.
OMFG it's like talking to a brick wall with Down's syndrome.

Yes bitcher most planets on raids get hit with 8-10 fleets over 4 waves, it's how you steal roids with a high success rate.

If you read my posts again you will see that I said alliances I played in and bced for would have 2 gals on raid but invariably find one is vastly more claimed than the other.

Exceptions can be made for very resistant galaxy and roid fat galaxies. Then maybe they will be the only target for the night to increase chances of landing them, he'll maybe we will split it with another alliance and take 4 each.

From alliances I have played in and other bc's who style I know this is the reason that Vikings, faceless/haven, ult and app always have the highest bag roids and your alliances never manage to get a proper roid lead or are able to catch up on roids quick after a smashing.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 01:40   #63
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
OMFG it's like talking to a brick wall with Down's syndrome.

Yes bitcher most planets on raids get hit with 8-10 fleets over 4 waves, it's how you steal roids with a high success rate.

If you read my posts again you will see that I said alliances I played in and bced for would have 2 gals on raid but invariably find one is vastly more claimed than the other.

Exceptions can be made for very resistant galaxy and roid fat galaxies. Then maybe they will be the only target for the night to increase chances of landing them, he'll maybe we will split it with another alliance and take 4 each.

From alliances I have played in and other bc's who style I know this is the reason that Vikings, faceless/haven, ult and app always have the highest bag roids and your alliances never manage to get a proper roid lead or are able to catch up on roids quick after a smashing.
When i was HC of FAnG R49, in charge of attack, we would for sure spread our fleets out over as many as possibole gals to ensure that we landed roids, back then the galaxies was bigger allthough. Were rarley will one alliance send all its fleets to a galaxies unless when its at war with another alliance, clearly youve been out of the loop for a long time.
Im pretty sure when you leaded HaveN/Vikings/TGV/HeX/HR or what ever alliance youve been BCing/HCing to a round win you mightve done exactly what you are suggesting alliances do in this thread, sending 80 fleets at 7 planets in a gal, every normal day of the round, but it dosnt mean that this is what other alliances are doing.
Even with the defensive nature of last rounds stats, Spore would be attacking atleast 2 gals each night when we were gal raiding.

Now, IsildurX said that in small gals of 7-8 planets, he dosnt have time to "teach" newbies, or carry deadweight, and therefor this change to the exile system might make it worse for the general public of planetarion.
I think having small gals is way more interesting than having big gals, when the tag limits are so small as they are now. Politics seems to be easier, and getting a high ranked planet just by effort is easier.
I think people misunderstand the idea of the gal setup PA is doing, its one buddy pack + randoms.
This means if you get good players or bad players, or New or old players, its totaly random, it was not the original point that you would keep exiling untill you landed where you wanted or got the players you wanted.
Planetarion is now, more than ever, a game thats based on hardcoded alliances, in the end, your BP will not mean anything, unless it is players apart of your own alliance, or a part of a friendly alliance, when one alliance choose to hit another one, you cannot help your friends ingal out, they will be roided to pieces.

Unread 21 Mar 2014, 01:56   #64
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Even with the defensive nature of last rounds stats,

This made me LOL!

Please close this thread
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 02:20   #65
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

sure does like to contradict himself in his own post
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 07:48   #66
TheoDD

Quote:
When i was HC of FAnG R49, in charge of attack, we would for sure spread our fleets out over as many as possibole gals to ensure that we landed roids, back then the galaxies was bigger allthough. Were rarley will one alliance send all its fleets to a galaxies unless when its at war with another alliance, clearly youve been out of the loop for a long time.
Im pretty sure when you leaded HaveN/Vikings/TGV/HeX/HR or what ever alliance youve been BCing/HCing to a round win you mightve done exactly what you are suggesting alliances do in this thread, sending 80 fleets at 7 planets in a gal, every normal day of the round, but it dosnt mean that this is what other alliances are doing.
Even with the defensive nature of last rounds stats, Spore would be attacking atleast 2 gals each night when we were gal raiding.

Now, IsildurX said that in small gals of 7-8 planets, he dosnt have time to "teach" newbies, or carry deadweight, and therefor this change to the exile system might make it worse for the general public of planetarion.
I think having small gals is way more interesting than having big gals, when the tag limits are so small as they are now. Politics seems to be easier, and getting a high ranked planet just by effort is easier.
I think people misunderstand the idea of the gal setup PA is doing, its one buddy pack + randoms.
This means if you get good players or bad players, or New or old players, its totaly random, it was not the original point that you would keep exiling untill you landed where you wanted or got the players you wanted.
Planetarion is now, more than ever, a game thats based on hardcoded alliances, in the end, your BP will not mean anything, unless it is players apart of your own alliance, or a part of a friendly alliance, when one alliance choose to hit another one, you cannot help your friends ingal out, they will be roided to pieces.

How is it possible that you are so smart and all knowing Butcher?
How come you never get top 100, when you are so active and so proffesional at picking targets for attacks?
I have quite different memories for R49 in FanG myself.
Where does kaiba say he leaded HaveN?

There are so many questions that comes to mind from this post, and all have the same indirect answer. You read what you want to read, even tho that's not exactly what's been written.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 07:55   #67
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

TBH having worked so closely with butcher, i can tell you his ship strat knowledge is up there with the best of them.

And nowhere near top 100? You sure?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 08:18   #68
TheoDD

I did not say nowhere near t100, i said never top 100. See the difference?
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 08:22   #69
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

that just makes it worse
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 09:14   #70
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

This exile change is just going to make it easier for people to farm in the beginning of the round because "noob" planets will get locked into gals with good players and they can have there ally buddies just come and roid them with no chance for defence. The one good thing about the rotating door of exiles is that it keeps the flow of active players that are looking for good gals moving. Because of this if you end up in a shitty gal and after all the gals that are actually looking for active planets have already exiled out there noobs, your stuck rotating through gals of inactives and noobs trying to get to a gal with respectable people. This is a stupid Rule change that will not yield the results you desire. "superGals" will still be made because of late-start and only needing one person it just means that some of the people might change a bit.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 11:50   #71
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah it's pretty crazy. Assuming most gals will be exiling around the same time, you pretty much have to wait 200 ticks between each exile, and thus risk spending 200 ticks in an abysmal gal.
No one seems to have responded to this yet. The limit is on gal exiles, not self exiles.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 11:55   #72
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
No one seems to have responded to this yet. The limit is on gal exiles, not self exiles.
Isil's point is that there's no point in exiling in the middle of those 200 ticks. All empty spots will have been created by people self-exiling. No one self-exiles from a good galaxy.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 11:58   #73
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
Still pointless to self exile if the only movement in universe for 200 ticks is due to people not wanting to stay in their own gals.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 12:18   #74
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No one self-exiles from a good galaxy.
If that becomes the case then maybe the change will have been (at least partially) successful!
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 13:11   #75
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
How is it possible that you are so smart and all knowing Butcher?
How come you never get top 100, when you are so active and so proffesional at picking targets for attacks?
I have quite different memories for R49 in FanG myself.
Where does kaiba say he leaded HaveN?

There are so many questions that comes to mind from this post, and all have the same indirect answer. You read what you want to read, even tho that's not exactly what's been written.
What does having a top100 planet, or top10 planet have to do being either good or dedicated?

The self exile is often used by players to get into a higher ranked or more "political" secured galaxy.
Everyone knows that landing in a "HC bp" or a BP wich is playing for galaxy rank makes is much easier to secure a top20 ranking.
Often galaxies aint dead or inactive, just victims to incommings.
The responsibilty to help PA to have a functioning exile system is on the alliance leaders out there aswell as the PA crew.

Unread 21 Mar 2014, 13:38   #76
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Everyone knows that landing in a "HC bp" or a BP wich is playing for galaxy rank makes is much easier to secure a top20 ranking.
Tbh you dont need a hc or "super galaxy" bp. You expect any bp to put some effort in gal activities. What makes a gal dead is that lack of effort.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 13:50   #77
TheoDD

Quote:
What does having a top100 planet, or top10 planet have to do being either good or dedicated?

The self exile is often used by players to get into a higher ranked or more "political" secured galaxy.
The responsibilty to help PA to have a functioning exile system is on the alliance leaders out there aswell as the PA crew.
You just prooved my statement, by again reading what you want to read.
And going top 100 in a mediocre / bad galaxy isn't hard. Specially for someone as experienced, active and "wise minded" as yourself.

Why is it players responsibility to put themselves in a worse position to win? You do realize how that sound don't you?
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 14:38   #78
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The self exile is often used by players to get into a higher ranked or more "political" secured galaxy
Erm, no it isn't. This tactic is only used by a minority of players. Most players just want to land in a decent galaxy.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 14:47   #79
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:

Actually having a top 100 planet is really easily achieved if you are just careful with your ships all round and take no risks. I finished 47th and never sent an attack fleet one round, i just built my cons right, deffed 3 fleets every night for Xp, looked after my gal mates (and they looked after me) and just had a good team. It wasnt elitist, it was just thought out from startup. Picking the right strategy for the team i had and then helping those who came into the galaxy. But the galaxy was 10 people from start and the BP was 5. I couldnt do that now with the current small galaxies, you just get lolraped if any full tag decides its your lucky night. Personally i think the start amount for galaxies is too low, it needs to be 9. 9 is an acceptable number, i know its only an extra guy but it does make the world of difference and spreads incomming fleets a little thinner.

You made a comment about Rd49 FanG in an earlier post. I think common consensus amongst the community (including FanGers) was that they were one of the poorest raiding units ever to win a round. Defence was exceptional but couldnt roid for shit.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 14:56   #80
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Any thoughts to having the current Buddy pack numbers but merge 2 BPs into 1 galaxy? (Only have 1 late starter)

What is the current ratio to Buddy packers to Randoms?

Thoughts / comments
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:20   #81
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Any thoughts to having the current Buddy pack numbers but merge 2 BPs into 1 galaxy? (Only have 1 late starter)

What is the current ratio to Buddy packers to Randoms?

Thoughts / comments
yes that would be a splendid idea, but im pretty sure that would drastically lower the size of the uni, unless you reduced BP size to 2 effectively making it a BP gal of 4...
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:32   #82
Clouds

You're going on the assumption that there will be far more buddy-packs this round.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:44   #83
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I did say "What is the current ratio to Buddy packers to Randoms"

Currently the only folk who have this info is the PA team.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:47   #84
Blue_Esper

isn't it number of BPs = number of gals?
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:49   #85
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
isn't it number of BPs = number of gals?
It could very well be
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:51   #86
Clouds

Yes it is.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:51   #87
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Next question is ... how many random folk are there?
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 16:05   #88
Blue_Esper

400-500 i would guess
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 16:07   #89
isildurx

Quote:
Next question is ... how many random folk are there?
Lol!

If there is on one bp per gal, and each gal has 8 planets then it doesn't take a rocketscientist to figure out that the amount of randoms is approximately 5 * the number of gals.....
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 16:16   #90
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Lol!

If there is on one bp per gal, and each gal has 8 planets then it doesn't take a rocketscientist to figure out that the amount of randoms is approximately 5 * the number of gals.....
You know I will be quoting you at pt 13 if there isnt a galaxy that doesn't have 8 planets.

You don't know how many galaxies there are going to be prior to this
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 16:39   #91
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Play time is over...

Seems we have two sides to the galaxy exile issue.

1. Folk who want to have the best position of not being Roided at any cost by exiling into the best galaxy they can. Refer to the current exiling culture we had prior to the PA team new implimentation.
(wether this exiling culture will continue is yet to be determined)

2. folk who want new players to have a chance to continue playing by having this new implimentation so that they can't be readily kicked out and "given a chance" and see an increase in the size of the universe.

Having read through the points/arguments that folk have made.

In my opinion The PA community is too toxic to have the current BP/galaxy set up... to have new players to get into the game and have suffient interest by not being farmed for roids. (lets face most experience folk would emo if they played in the same conditions)

I have suggested in the past

Quote:
*Private Gals of 8-10
*public gals of 12-20 (tweaking of exiling system required)
Similar to the first xmas round we had and had a decent balance of mixed galaxies.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 16:41   #92
isildurx

Well, it tends to max out at like 8 or 9 planets. At shuffle there will probably be maximum 6 planets per gal.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 18:26   #93
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You don't know how many galaxies there are going to be prior to this
The number of players is not exactly fluctuating wildly.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 20:33   #94
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Why not give the new system a go before complaining about it.

No one really knows what will happen due to the changes. Lets just wait and see and then talk about things we know rather then things we forsee

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 11:58   #95
fortran

A bit more than 100 ticks have passed and this still seems a bad modification. Worst part is seeing people still promising that the main intent of this modification will fail.

Anyway, another feature that would help our miserable life with this modification would be if when a new player signs up after round starts the planet is moved first to c200 and only the ones being able to complete some marks (like doing a certain number of researchs and constructions) would be able to enter the playing universe.
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 12:40   #96
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
A bit more than 100 ticks have passed and this still seems a bad modification. Worst part is seeing people still promising that the main intent of this modification will fail.

Anyway, another feature that would help our miserable life with this modification would be if when a new player signs up after round starts the planet is moved first to c200 and only the ones being able to complete some marks (like doing a certain number of researchs and constructions) would be able to enter the playing universe.
i predict that you'd see a rise in planets signing up late so they can hide in c200
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 12:55   #97
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

I think we need a full random round, no exile, bigger gals, offensive stats, and cluster ETA bonus.
We dont even know if the BP setup is what is the solution

Unread 26 Mar 2014, 12:57   #98
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
i predict that you'd see a rise in planets signing up late so they can hide in c200
After Dav isn't there now a countermeasure against this?
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 13:35   #99
Clouds

Quote:
I think we need a full random round, no exile, bigger gals, offensive stats, and cluster ETA bonus.
We dont even know if the BP setup is what is the solution
You do come up with some shite.
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 13:51   #100
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

There has been a few troll Bps that were below 30 roids.
Disappointing to see this.