User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:11   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Cold showers/baths

How many of you take them?

I often feel like my muscles have been broken or something - they hurt like hell after a work-out. The physiotherapist we have under our private medical insurance said it's down to not properly warming up &/or warming down - the pain being a result of DOMS (Delayed O-something... Muscle Soreness) and that a good way to deal with that is to take a cold-shower/bath asap after training and then have a meal, if possible, rich in protein & or carbohydrates after. I don't particuarly want to - it is a bit daunting - I've heard of the R.I.C.E. recovery guide for an injury - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation - I've tried this but considering most of my body is hurting typically, it's not exactly easy =/
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:13   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cold showers/baths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
The physiotherapist we have under our private medical insurance
Weren't you complaining about how you couldn't afford bus fares because your family wasn't well off?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:31   #3
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Is this thread anything to do with the thing I read in a newspaper on Monday (it was possibly The Mirror) about scientists deciding that cool showers in the mornings were healthy?
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:34   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Someone actually reads The Mirror o_0
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:37   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Working out is for faggots. Take up a real sport instead of just flouncing around like a complete and utter tosser.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:43   #6
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Someone actually reads The Mirror o_0
It was lying around on the table in the staff room at work and I couldn't be bothered to purchase anything with more words in.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:44   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I hate cold showers, especially in the mornings. Makes me want to go back to bed and the warmth.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:45   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Rovers players have an ice bath after training sessions and possibly games too .

I work out 3 or 4 times a week so my muscles dont really ache after each visit to the gym because they are used to the training. I do stretch for 5 mins or so before and after though.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 20:48   #9
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

i get round muscle soarness by taking a swim after weights/bags. works for me atleast

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 22:00   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Weren't you complaining about how you couldn't afford bus fares because your family wasn't well off?
Private insurance isn't that expensive. My dad only earnt £16,000~ last year (due to the problems with Blackheath severely effecting business) - my school fees are £12,000 a year and my sister has massive student loan debts and the loans don't cover her enough as it is. Considering we live in London, it's not cheap for that sake and my private school fees etc.
----------retired-------
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 22:05   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
my school fees are £12,000 a year
That must be one hell of a school you go to. £12,000 is about what it has cost me in tuition fees for 3 years undergrad degree and 1 years postgrad masters.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 22:23   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Cold showers/baths

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to simply ask people on GD whether they had showers or baths at all?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 22:29   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Private insurance isn't that expensive. My dad only earnt £16,000~ last year (due to the problems with Blackheath severely effecting business) - my school fees are £12,000 a year
If you spend £12k on school fees then you don't really have justification complaining about bus fares about how your family aren't well off dude.

No one likes a whiny private school pussy.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 22:30   #14
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Cold showers/baths do work and if you get that 'twinge' in your muscles after training/exercise/whatever they're a good solution.

Warming up/down before and after also helps to avoid DOMS.

Also drinking lots of water or those isotonic drinks before and after exercise works well too.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 22:30   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Cold showers/baths

Quote:
Sexually they do.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 22:58   #16
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
If you spend £12k on school fees then you don't really have justification complaining about bus fares about how your family aren't well off dude.

Yeah, it's great we have to shop at Aldi/Lidl stores because my dad doesn't have enough to pay. My sister 2 years got a full loan because my had only earnt £7000. It's great we never go on holiday, I rarely get money to do anything so stfu. I had a shit 1st school and have only come to this one for 6th form. Before I went to this school, he had only earnt the £7000 above. Then there's the fact my dad owns these businesses which are having minimal profits imo. but as he owns the leases he cannot just give up and sell - or something like that.

We aren't well off though - just because the money was given doesn't mean it actually improves my QOL in any really positive way in my eyes.
----------retired-------
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 23:02   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Just because your money is ill spent doesn't mean you aren't well off.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 00:00   #18
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

noone with money talks about it.

this leads me to the determination that he is, infact, telling the truth.

\o/
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 00:12   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Yeah, it's great we have to shop at Aldi/Lidl stores because my dad doesn't have enough to pay. My sister 2 years got a full loan because my had only earnt £7000. It's great we never go on holiday, I rarely get money to do anything so stfu. I had a shit 1st school and have only come to this one for 6th form. Before I went to this school, he had only earnt the £7000 above. Then there's the fact my dad owns these businesses which are having minimal profits imo. but as he owns the leases he cannot just give up and sell - or something like that.

We aren't well off though - just because the money was given doesn't mean it actually improves my QOL in any really positive way in my eyes.
I got a full loan, all my tuition fees paid plus a hardship grant, this makes me poorer and hence cooler/harder/better looking than you all. I used to have this thing called a job to get money to do things and going on holiday never really bothered me.

If your family can't afford buses because they spend all their money on your school fees surely it's your families own stupid fault for sending you to private school ? Why don't you just go to state school like 95% of the country ? You seem kind of selfish for taking the money if it's given to you.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 10:47   #20
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Working out is for faggots. Take up a real sport instead of just flouncing around like a complete and utter tosser.
Real men work at Kmart
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 11:00   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you could just warm up and down properly you know...
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 12:36   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You'll still be sore even if you warm up and down properly, assuming you're doing something strenuous. Warming down can help flush lactic acid out of your muscles, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with DOMS. On the plus side, DOMS generally reduces (but doesnt go away) after your body starts to adapt to an exercise routine.

I've never had either a cold bath or a cold shower in my lfie, and the thought that people could even think they sound like a good idea is mind-boggling.

Last edited by Nodrog; 19 Jan 2005 at 12:45.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 17:20   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Jonny is a man's man!

Incidentally - apparently if you wash your hair with hot water as normal, and then just before you step out of the shower, turn it to freezing cold, then it gets a shimmery effect on it which makes it look better for the rest of the day ;D
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 18:19   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I got a full loan, all my tuition fees paid plus a hardship grant, this makes me poorer and hence cooler/harder/better looking than you all. I used to have this thing called a job to get money to do things and going on holiday never really bothered me.

If your family can't afford buses because they spend all their money on your school fees surely it's your families own stupid fault for sending you to private school ? Why don't you just go to state school like 95% of the country ? You seem kind of selfish for taking the money if it's given to you.
Private education is a necessity, buses and non-tescos-value-food arent. I assume private health care is pretty useful too. His priorities seem correct to me, although £12000 a year is probably a bit excessive under the circumstances.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 18:47   #25
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Private insurance isn't that expensive. My dad only earnt £16,000~ last year (due to the problems with Blackheath severely effecting business) - my school fees are £12,000 a year and my sister has massive student loan debts and the loans don't cover her enough as it is. Considering we live in London, it's not cheap for that sake and my private school fees etc.
I go to the university right now.

The tuition fee is around £15 per term....

I hope your school will get you a job that is around 1000 times better than mine.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 19:08   #26
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Private education is a necessity, buses and non-tescos-value-food arent. I assume private health care is pretty useful too. His priorities seem correct to me, although £12000 a year is probably a bit excessive under the circumstances.
Are you serious or trolling?
You're saying non-Tesco-value food is not a neccesity, presumably because of the alternative.
Well there's an alternative to private education too - shock.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 19:14   #27
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Are you serious or trolling?
Serious.

Quote:
You're saying non-Tesco-value food is not a neccesity, presumably because of the alternative.
Well there's an alternative to private education too - shock.
Not credible alternatives.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 19:17   #28
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tesco value food is not a credible alternative to premium steak either.
I'm sure Yahwe will back me up on this one.
And JJ too probably.
Although both will no doubt back you up on your private school theory.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 19:19   #29
Nodrog

On a sidenote, I hadn't heard of 'R.I.C.E' before this thread, but from a bit of googling, it seems like its more geared towards the treatment of injuries rather than routine muscle pain.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 19:21   #30
Nodrog

Quote:
Yes it is; they have the same nutritional value, which is the main reason why food exists. One might taste better than the other, but this isnt the most important factor. State schooling, however, does not have anything close to the same educational value as proper schooling, and this is the primary purpose of schooling unless you have dumb new-age priorities (hehe children have to learn how to socialise )

There are credible alternatives to private schooling - home schooling is amongst them (and would probably be even better up to a point, and under ideal circumstances). State school isn't.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 20:17   #31
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm sure Yahwe will back me up on this one.
And JJ too probably.
Although both will no doubt back you up on your private school theory.

Private school isnt ALWAYS the better of the two. For example selective state schools offer a credible alternative.

however in the vast majority, private schooling offers you better facilities, better teaching and better extra curricular stuff.

However the steak thing is true. Although to be absolutely honest ive never had a really good steak here. Not once. whether it be from tesco value or a 5* hotel/restaurant.

They just dont seem to compare to a good slice of american cow.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 22:44   #32
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

maybe it's that touch of mad cow that is messing it (or you) up?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 22:57   #33
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

getting back on topic:
the only time i take a cold shower is when i run out of hot water. not a pleasant experiance
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote