User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:38   #1
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Diary of the Lone Samaritan

Well, to be honest, I did know this would happen...

The reshuffle left me in a bottom 20 galaxy, with no members apart from me using IRC. We did manage to get our act together enough to exile the complete basket cases, but when no new arrivals replaced them, I knew the galaxy was doomed. Since I'm only playing a free planet (my plan was to pay if I was having fun!), I decided to be nice to the others, and offer them a way out. I got myself elected as GC, and one by one, I organised, paid for, and talked through the exile process for everyone else.

Now, however, I'm stuck on my own... I'd like to exile out (but that requires 2 people and there is only me here) or delete my planet and start again while it's still early enough in the round for me to end up reasonably big, but you can't even self-delete these days.

So, it seems I'm destined to wander through round 12 as a Marie Celeste planet, all alone. Maybe some poor soul will exile in to the galaxy, and I can help them on their way to a better place? Should I take a terminally long vacation on my own, or stay active to help out these unfortunates? These spiritual questions keep me awake during the long lonely nights of solitude. Those who know me, and can take the time to search the universe for a lone planet might like to drop me a line to while away the hours.

...and now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go initiate some roids to feed the fleets of red vultures that are destined to be my constant companions in this lonesome round...
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:45   #2
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Re: Diary of the Lone Samaritan

Your style makes me giggle. If you want to be moved, I think you'd have a good case for getting an admin to manually exile you. I believe in the admin screens, there is now a "Exile this planet randomly" button, so the admins can't be accused of cheating by placing you in a decent galaxy of friends, or something like that.

But anyway, my point is, get in contact with us in #support on IRC and hopefully someone can do something for you. It's a little quiet at the moment (14:43 BST, Tuesday) but this evening you should get some success.

Kloopy
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:45   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Out of "curiosity", What is your race, roid count, and fleet composition? Oh, and coords too.

Heh, in all seriousness though, hay, what`s going on!?!? I thought the universe was all even etc. :)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:50   #4
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Pilkara > Target Search > Galaxy Planets Maximum: 1 > Take the only sensible result?
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:56   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I was just joking
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:56   #6
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Hehe. I've no idea if there -is- a sensible result. That's just the method I'd use.
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 15:20   #7
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, there are 8 single player galaxies (2 in the 200+ range), but mine will be failry obvious when you find it.

Thanks for the excellent advice, Kloopy, but to be honest, I think I like it here.

I have no responsiblities to organise galaxy defence, no reason to blunder into the defence channel of any disorganised rabble to beg for support for sleeping galaxy mates, and I'll not have to worry if I get incoming once I'm down to my last 6 roids. I can concentrate on running a quiet, well organised planet, get my invulnerability to covert ops fairly quickly, and optimise my planet mining. I think that I will be able to stockpile resources for the whole round, initiating a roid now and then when the skies are clear enough for it to be profitable and finish upo quite respectably. I've hovered around the top 10 some rounds, and organised raids that turned the course of others, but this time I feel like taking it easy and doing things my own way.

If it proves to be fun, as I think it might, I'll even pay for the planet.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 18:09   #8
Kloopy
-Back Again-

I absolutely love your style. Good luck, sir.
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 20:16   #9
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

join pr0nstars andy_r.

You know you want to.

A nice few friends of yours in there now.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 20:19   #10
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

ANDY_R ROCKS!

Nice to you've found your place m8
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 22:10   #11
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

At first I thought "Poor Bastard" - but you have to admire his peaceful resolve.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 03:22   #12
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

best thread this week :-)
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 14:35   #13
melandron
Brain Overload

melandron is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm think you deserve a special award or something
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 15:35   #14
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy_R?

As in Nasicus and ' : - ) ' Andy_R!? Duuuuuude, you deserve to win the round!
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote