User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 21:28   #1
tauric

tauric is an unknown quantity at this point
These problems are not my problems

I am this close to formaly asking my money back.
For the last 9 days i have done nothing else but trying
to solve problems which i have never had before.

I have played the last 7 rounds of pa.
I was always able to acces every page
I was always able to view images
I still can open every website i visit

The only site that is giving me problems is the only
site i pay for.

And you know what is the most frustrating part?

Everyone i turn to for solutions says that these problems
are my problems.
My provider stinks
my firewall does stupid things
my pc is broke
I have to do this and do that to solve the problem.

Why am I the one who has to do all the problem solving.
And why am i beeing threatet like a pain in the *** when i
ask questions on the forum. People tell me to read sticky
threads before i ask questions.

Well I have read the forums for 9 days, tried all the ****
i was adviced and still i am unable to acces all my pages.

I thank all those players who are having similar problems
and who have spend many houres behind their pc trying
to find solutions for MY problems.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT

THESE PROBLEMS SHOULD NOT BE MY PROBLEMS.....

THESE ARE YOUR PROBLEMS SPINNER/JOLT.....

YOU SOLVE THEM......

You get my money to please me, not to irritate and annoy me.
Why is your site not functioning like 99.9% of all the other
sites around the www.
The least you can do is admitt that its you who is the cause
of all these problems,

NOT ME.
tauric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 21:35   #2
Kalle
still Ensign??

Kalle is an unknown quantity at this point
pld
Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 21:58   #3
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Is your computer turned on ?
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 22:50   #4
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
email me personaly at [email protected]

I'll see what we can sort out for you tonight
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 23:57   #5
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Lo Tauric me lad, hows tricks?

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 00:14   #6
tauric

i will not take back what i said but i have a new hero.
Thank you prince
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 00:17   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: These problems are not my problems

Quote:
Originally posted by tauric
People tell me to read sticky threads before i ask questions.
That part is called netiquette.

As for your problems, I'm very sorry to hear that you are unable to access all of the pages. However, the vast majority of users can, making it unlikely the problem is solely at Jolt's end.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 00:55   #8
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
I heard everyones been having problems accessing their fleets female fighter pilots changing room web cam page, so i wouldnt worry about it mate. Im sure it will be avilable as soon as u build some ships.

Im guessing...
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 01:19   #9
tauric

Re: Re: These problems are not my problems

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
That part is called netiquette.
disagreed. if someone posts a problem and you tell him that his problem is very likely the same problem that others are experiencing and that he could look at the thread called ....
then you are beeing polite

its not polite to assume someone did not read all there is to read and dismiss the question by just saying read the sticky threads. "end of discussion"

Consider that i didnt even know (and still dont) what dns is, i never saw a hosts file neither have i changed one. I am your regular pa player. I pay for my pleasure and i end up spending houres behind the pc doing things i have never done before.
Prince was able to solve my problem, which indeed was a dns problem, and was solved by rewriting the hosts file. I had rewriten that file several times without succes.

I am not sure if i am to take back all that i said and appologise.
You can help me.
My provider told me he had updated his dns numbers.
Must i assume that the fact that my problem is solved by rewriting the hostfile means he lied to me and that pa isnt to blame?
If the answer is yes then i take back all the hard words and appologise. Then I will also call my provider and tell him he stinks.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 01:44   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: These problems are not my problems

Quote:
Originally posted by tauric
its not polite to assume someone did not read all there is to read
If someone asks a question that multiple users have had, and to which the answer is given in sticky threads, it is not the proper netiquette to create new threads on the problem. As such, you should have mentioned having read the sticky threads with an explanation of why your problem is not answered by them. People pointing you to the central place where the answers to your problems are, is in fact the normal and proper thing to do.
Quote:
i never saw a hosts file neither have i changed one. [...] I had rewriten that file several times without succes.
Did you or did you not try to solve your problem by using the solution provided in the sticky threads, by editing your hosts file?

Quote:
My provider told me he had updated his dns numbers. Must i assume that the fact that my problem is solved by rewriting the hostfile means he lied to me and that pa isnt to blame?
Apparently, if you have to instruct your computer to connect certain URL's to their IP adresses manually, instead of your ISP's DNS server doing it for you, you can assume that there is a problem with the DNS servers of your ISP.

At any rate, good to know your problems are solved, and the best of luck to you in Round 9
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:28   #11
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Rinoa
I heard everyones been having problems accessing their fleets female fighter pilots changing room web cam page, so i wouldnt worry about it mate. Im sure it will be avilable as soon as u build some ships.

Im guessing...
pld, gimme the link ffs
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:24   #12
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Tauric = my galm8 from r5 (1:2) ?
just wondering..

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote