User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Nov 2004, 10:27   #1
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice
[Football] Mutu given 7 months on the sidelines

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/3973219.stm

Let me get this straight - he tests positive for cocaine, gets a seven month ban.

Ferdinand failed to show up for a drugs test, no evidence at all of him using anything, and gets eight.

THAT'S SOME REAL ****ING JUSTICE THERE YOU SCUM
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 10:30   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Football] Mutu given 7 months on the sidelines

Ferdinand could of been using cocaine... regardless missing something deliberately should result in a standard ban of x amount of time.

Mutu was tested positive for using an illegal drug in a non competitive manner, otherwise it could of fell into greater legislations which probably would of seen him banned for 2 years.

To be honest it's funny that everyone's making a fuss of it now it's in their own backyard, it's been happening in Holland/Italy for ages, players get banned for it and come back and pick up almost where they left off(Stam and Davids etc etc).

Anyway I can't quite grasp the direction of your post.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 10:33   #3
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Ferdinand could of been using cocaine... regardless missing something deliberately should result in a standard ban of x amount of time.

Mutu was tested positive for using an illegal drug in a non competitive manner, otherwise it could of fell into greater legislations which probably would of seen him banned for 2 years.

To be honest it's funny that everyone's making a fuss of it now it's in their own backyard, it's been happening in Holland/Italy for ages, players get banned for it and come back and pick up almost where they left off(Stam and Davids etc etc).

Anyway I can't quite grasp the direction of your post.
It's a whinge about a proven lawbreaker getting a lesser sentence than a suspected one.

Would you like to provide evidence of your claim about Ferdinand missing the test deliberately?
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 10:38   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Hello I get paid 100k a week and I can't even make it to a test, even though my mobile phone records show I was quite aware of the neccessity of making it to the test as it went through court.

I mean seriously they aren't all that frequent and when you get asked to take one, UNLESS YOU ARE HIDING SOMETHING, I'd assume you'd have no good medical reason to deny giving one (And indeed there was no good medical reason supplied).

At least Kentaris (that greek sprinter) faked a motorcycle crash. Rio was a total amatuer.

I'll repeat, when you make millions a year you'd reckon it's pretty easy to pull off peeing into a bottle on a certain day... I mean it's what? an hour of your time at most if you count in the fact that you may have to travel somewhere etc.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 10:49   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

once again, sunday goes for the most controversial option.
i suspect that everyone on the forum will agree that ferdinand was hard done to simply because he was man utd, and i think that this result proves it
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:06   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

!?!?!?!?!

Rio Ferdinand wasn't hard done by, in fact I felt he was generously handled... I think the Kentaris incident is indicative of what could possibly happen had they not put their foot down there and then, he dragged it out and missed a few more tests before faking a motorcycle crash and bringing the nation into shame and disrepute.

I've yet to see any evidence provided that Rio Ferdinand couldn't of complied with the Drug Testing Authorities... I think it should go hand in hand that if you are a professional athlete that you will serve the maximum sentence possible should you miss a drugs testing with no genuine reasons proving why you were incapable of providing a specimen.

As for Mutu, I think the sentence was fair, Bosnich recieved 9 months and no-one made an outcry about that, it just so happened the minute a Manchester United player get's involved in the whole anti-doping thing it's going to be the rule that all measurements should be held against at least to retarded popular opinion.

I don't buy it and I think it's shameful the amount of media pressure applied to the authorities in charge with punishments, Mutu admitted responsibility when confronted and is seeking rehabilitation and I think that 7 months is fair as it's going to keep him out for the rest of the season and furthermore he didn't try and postpone it till he crippled himself.

Rio ferdinand's suspension should only have served for the duration of time he was fit and furthermore the season was active.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:37   #7
Summanus
Banned

Once again, Sunday opts for the conspiracy theory option. "He's paid millions of dollars so he mustn't be stupid and must be punished on suspicion"

I'm not saying that Ferdinand shouldn't have been punished, but giving someone not proven guilty of taking any drugs a harsher sentence than someone who has been proven guilty is a bit stupid, no?

Like I said, do you have any evidence*?

*does not include half-baked theories
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:38   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how about the fact that by giving him a longer sentence, it would be sending a message to drug users that it's better to skip the test than confess to drug use?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:43   #9
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
how about the fact that by giving him a longer sentence, it would be sending a message to drug users that it's better to skip the test than confess to drug use?
Because you would be punishing stupidity more than cheats.

A bit of an odd proposition from someone whose title involves the word 'jurisprudence'
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:45   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mutu admitted it in court. Accepted that what he did was wrong and immediately undertook rehabilitation.
This is all taken into account in the disciplinary hearing.

I really do think the ban Rio got was wrong - nothing to do with him being a Man Utd player, just the unlucky guy to put a foot wrong not long after the FA gets rapped by FIFA for not being harsh enough.
However - Man Utd and the player himself drew the process out which constitutes a longer ban.
TBH though, he should have just got a large fine and been tested regularly for the rest of his career.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:48   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

I'd think if you are that old and it still doesn't register the responsibilities a multi-million pound a year job entails that 8 months shouldn't be a ban for missing the test, it should be a ban for being just that stupid.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:49   #12
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
I'd think if you are that old and it still doesn't register the responsibilities a multi-million pound a year job entails that 8 months shouldn't be a ban for missing the test, it should be a ban for being just that stupid.
What constitutes "what you think" differs greatly from what constitutes "justice"
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:51   #13
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summanus
Because you would be punishing stupidity more than cheats.

A bit of an odd proposition from someone whose title involves the word 'jurisprudence'
if someone skips a test when they are proven to know when and where it is, the assumption HAS to be that they have banned substances in their system. However, because they skip the test, it's impossible to tell what. Deliberately missing a test has to be dealt with extremely harshly.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:52   #14
Sunday8pm
Banned

As I said had the FA been more lenient a) fifa would of rapped them b) it may of stimulated a possible Kentaris situation that occured with the Athletics body being too lenient on someone who was an icon for many.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:53   #15
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
if someone skips a test when they are proven to know when and where it is, the assumption HAS to be that they have banned substances in their system. However, because they skip the test, it's impossible to tell what. Deliberately missing a test has to be dealt with extremely harshly.
Once again, I ask you to prove the deliberateness of the actions, rather than an accidental nature.

We all miss appointments, just that some are more important than others.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:54   #16
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Posting to say I agree with everything Sunday is saying in this thread.
Cocaine isn't performance enhancing is it?
With a missed test you have to assume the player was taking the "worst" substance so should be banned the max available length.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:55   #17
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
As I said had the FA been more lenient a) fifa would of rapped them b) it may of stimulated a possible Kentaris situation that occured with the Athletics body being too lenient on someone who was an icon for many.
So we treat them more harshly due to their popularity? What kind of kangaroo court do you run?
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:56   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Once again, I ask you to prove the deliberateness of the actions, rather than an accidental nature.

We all miss appointments, just that some are more important than others.
as sunday said, mobile phone records. he KNEW he had the test, but went shopping instead. that seems pretty deliberate to me.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:56   #19
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Posting to say I agree with everything Sunday is saying in this thread.
Cocaine isn't performance enhancing is it?
With a missed test you have to assume the player was taking the "worst" substance so should be banned the max available length.
It is, it improves your cardio-vascular rate(hence why it's often used for sex as well).

Diego Maradona got done for taking cocaine with napoli didn't he?
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:57   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ok, but it's not amazingly performance enhanching like steroids is it?

[/trying to dig myself out of a hole]
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:58   #21
Sunday8pm
Banned

No it isn't greatly but it's still an edge and nothing you'd want to encourage.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:01   #22
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
as sunday said, mobile phone records. he KNEW he had the test, but went shopping instead. that seems pretty deliberate to me.
I've had appointments which I've had prior knowledge about and not gone as well. Not through deliberate choice, but by it not registering at that time. I'm sure we're not alone in this world.

IIRC, he offered to to the test, what, a day after?

Punishing a man who admitted to taking drugs less harshly than a man proven only to be incredibly slow seems rather unfair to me. I look forward no doubt to the next attempt at seeking some kind of justice in an unjust situation.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:02   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
I've had appointments which I've had prior knowledge about and not gone as well. Not through deliberate choice, but by it not registering at that time. I'm sure we're not alone in this world.
Would you have missed the appointments if you knew you could lose your job for 2 years and perhaps your career?

Edit: can people please stop posting things, I need to get back to revision! You guys are crap, you never post a lot when I'm bored and with free time!
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:03   #24
Sunday8pm
Banned

Considering I think EPO is one of those performance enhancing things that can flush out of your system in 2-3 days... perhaps he should blame the manager or his agent but he's still at fault in the end, by either not being responsible enough or not appointing someone to make sure he was responsible enough.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:03   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:

Punishing a man who admitted to taking drugs less harshly than a man proven only to be incredibly slow seems rather unfair to me. I look forward no doubt to the next attempt at seeking some kind of justice in an unjust situation.
yes, but not DRUG TESTS when you are A PROFESSIONAL ATHELETE.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:04   #26
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Would you have missed the appointments if you knew you could lose your job for 2 years and perhaps your career?

Edit: can people please stop posting things, I need to get back to revision! You guys are crap, you never post a lot when I'm bored and with free time!
Improbable, due to my commitment to work, but nonetheless nowhere near impossible
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:05   #27
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
yes, but not DRUG TESTS when you are A PROFESSIONAL ATHELETE.
Can you prove anything further than incompetence?
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:07   #28
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sometimes telling a football fan (certainly of some persuasions) how something really happened and what they think happened is like trying to convince all of Las Vegas that Elvis is really dead.

You are going to find people who are totally convinced otherwise, failing going back in time, I mean for all we know Rio could of been on no drugs... I still think he deserved to be punished the same.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:10   #29
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
Sometimes telling a football fan (certainly of some persuasions) how something really happened and what they think happened is like trying to convince all of Las Vegas that Elvis is really dead.

You are going to find people who are totally convinced otherwise, failing going back in time, I mean for all we know Rio could of been on no drugs... I still think he deserved to be punished the same.
it has nothing to do with footballing persuasion. It has to do with ideas and principles of justice.

If it was Carlton Palmer and Ledley King I may not have been motivated to post about it, but the principle is stil the same
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:13   #30
Sunday8pm
Banned

I think you are being purely circumstantial and never genuinely cared about the issue until it affected yourself in some negative fashion at which point you took the argument at it's most conjectural and tried to fight it from there.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:20   #31
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
I think you are being purely circumstantial and never genuinely cared about the issue until it affected yourself in some negative fashion at which point you took the argument at it's most conjectural and tried to fight it from there.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but a flood of big words cannot hurt me

Oh I care about the issue alright, that there's no conclusive evidence of Ferdinand being punished more severely due to use as a scapegoat. But then again, it's been like that with United for years.

If you want to engage into namecalling about "circumstantialism" and "conjecture", I suggest you have a good, hard look in the mirror young man.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:24   #32
Sunday8pm
Banned

I'm just expressing the opinion that you have demonstrated to me that you have a very narrow view of the situation and that you aren't going to consider the larger picture myself and others seem to be seeing that justifies what has happened so far.

If anything was truly unjust I am quite sure Rio's lawyers would of been over it like flies on shit.

In other words your argument has lost potentcy with me now and I desire you to come up with something greater than conjecture on Rio's part.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 12:33   #33
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
I'm just expressing the opinion that you have demonstrated to me that you have a very narrow view of the situation and that you aren't going to consider the larger picture myself and others seem to be seeing that justifies what has happened so far.

If anything was truly unjust I am quite sure Rio's lawyers would of been over it like flies on shit.

In other words your argument has lost potentcy with me now and I desire you to come up with something greater than conjecture on Rio's part.
Of course I'm not going to consider the larger situation, which is largely a root of the injstice. If someone out there has a reasonable argument as to why a man found guilty of a crime should receive a more lenient sentence than a man only suspected of the same crime, then I'm willing to listen.

Then you pass the buck, arguing that Rio's lawyers should have found something unjust (mind you, months before the injustice occurred), trying to deflect scruitny away from your own case's shortcomings.

Followed by an attempt to deride the opposition for want of more substantive arguments, concluded with claims of conjecture, despite the fact that there is no evidence that he has ever taken drugs.

Note that my disdain is not with Rio's sentence, nor with the fact he was punished. Rather, Mutu admitted taking drugs, failing a test etc. receiving a lesser sentence than a man whose crime has not been proven to be anything more than idiocy.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 13:03   #34
Sunday8pm
Banned

Turns out Kenyon does agree with you however

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/3984077.stm

Though I'm curious as to his real motivations behind it (hay guyz we just got screwed of 15.8 million quid make him pay!!!)
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 13:11   #35
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
However - Man Utd and the player himself drew the process out which constitutes a longer ban.
Isn't a bit unfair to give him a longer sentence just for going through the different procedures open to him rather than just admitting it all straight away? To be fair their complaint that others had done the same but were getting much more leniant sentences than what were being suggested for Ferdinand was pretty valid.

Quote:
I thought he offered to go back that same day but the drugs testers were going home?

I would say in the end Ferdinand had to have a fairly long punishment otherwise it will just encourage people to skip the test when they know they will fail. I'm sure they could give the drugs testers more power though to try and stop that, like if they turn up to training allow them to take the players out of training for 20 minutes to test them or just grab them all as soon as training is over so they can't disappear rather than waiting for them to come to you.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 13:49   #36
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

got to agree with sunday

*Shudder*

-mist
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 14:20   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i personally think its absolutely disgraceful that a player can be banned for 7 months just because he uses cocaine. It doesnt help him on the field, its just a lifestyle choice. This kind of thing is symptomatic of the culture of persecution against drug users which is prevalent in today's society.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 14:34   #38
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

cocaine isnt in any way performance enhancing, its detrimental to performance.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 14:37   #39
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

Mutu was obviously just using it to enhance his sexual performance with that pornstar he got caught with. He should be commended for going to so much trouble for a woman.

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 15:51   #40
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Summanus is wrong
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 16:04   #41
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why should cocaine use warrant a ban at all? It has no real effect on the players ability to perform; its not like he was taking nadrolene. This isnt even a "drugs should be legalised" thing (although they obviously should be) - surely if anyone is going to 'punish' someone for recreational drug use it should be those who set and uphold the law, rather than an outside entity which has nothing to do with it.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 16:23   #42
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Those who uphold the law can still independently dish out their own punishment; he wasn't punished because cocaine is illegal but because it does have an effect on performance.
However, if you're actually right about it having no positive effect on performance then I agree that there's no justification for extra-legal punishment.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 16:30   #43
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

foreign cheating scum.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 19:34   #44
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Amusingly , Chelsea sacked Mutu from his contract. They have then said "We will be sueing the player for compensation, and witholding his registration until such times as this is resolved".

Now

Can an expert in employment law tell me whether Chelsea can actually do this (theoretically breach the Bosman agreement by holding onto a players registration unlawfully without paying him because they have an ongoing legal case) and whether Chelsea themselves will actually win anything from the player after he admitted the offence (as others have done) and the club CHOSE to release him from his contract (i sincerely Doubt that Mutu offered to resign from a £60,000 a week contract).

Is this just another example of Peter Kenyon publicly slating the player (hes already acknowledged they deliberately targeted him for testing, thus acknowledging the club wanted rid of him) without speaking to the clubs lawyers to see if they had a legal leg to stand on?

Bearing in mind that no club has even attempted to sue a player convicted of a drugs offence before (and that Chelsea previously sacked a player for the same offence and did not attempt to gain any financial renumeration from him), do they have the slightest chance of success, or is Kenyon simply making Chelsea into the most unpopular club in the country?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 19:38   #45
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh , and PS : Peter Kenyon is a publicity seeking arsehole. I have a sincere dislike for him as of today following his comments regarding Mutu. The guy has been sacked from a massive contract and banned from his profession for 7 months. His career is in tatters, and Kenyon is sitting there jumping on the player whilst hes down.

Total and utter bastard. Chelsea are one of the few clubs i have seen that refuse point blank to support any player when something happens to them thats remotely controversial. On or off the field, their PR department is utterly atrocious. Without ever winning anything, theyve instantly made themselves as unpopular (if not moreso) that Arsenal.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 20:36   #46
Sunday8pm
Banned

To be honest if some upstart wonderkid just royally ****ed your business to the tune of 16 million quid cause he decided a blow habit would be cool to save things with the tart then you'd want to bury the ****wit.

He's a twat who prolly has everything coming to him that chelsea can do and a bit more that should come to him that chelsea can't do and he'll get away with.

I think exceptions should be allowed with regards to player registrations when a player has massively breached his contract in an illegal manner.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 20:40   #47
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
To be honest if some upstart wonderkid just royally ****ed your business to the tune of 16 million quid cause he decided a blow habit would be cool to save things with the tart then you'd want to bury the ****wit.

He's a twat who prolly has everything coming to him that chelsea can do and a bit more that should come to him that chelsea can't do and he'll get away with.

I think exceptions should be allowed with regards to player registrations when a player has massively breached his contract in an illegal manner.
So the fact that whilst the club has lost out on a potential transfer fee (which, incidentally, they MASSIVELY overpaid in the first place) and has saved around £7M in wages for the remainder of his contract (thats £7M that the player wont be getting anytime soon) isnt punishment enough to the player, or beneficial enough for the club?

They dont have the right to hold onto his registration if they have terminated his contract unless the contract specifically states this. UEFA will kick the shit out of them for it.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 20:43   #48
Sunday8pm
Banned

Personally I think he should be absolved of playing for another club until the duration of the contract he breached at chelsea has expired.

Or at least not permitted to take part in competitions where he could find himself playing against his former employer.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 20:46   #49
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Personally I think he should be absolved of playing for another club until the duration of the contract he breached at chelsea has expired.

Or at least not permitted to take part in competitions where he could find himself playing against his former employer.
If his contract states that "Should the contract be terminated for gross breach of contract, then for the duration of the terminated contract, the individual will be barred from working for another company within the same business field" , then yes, your argument holds water.

Otherwise Chelsea havent got a legal leg to stand on. If you sacked me from your bank and said "You can work for anyone else except another bank" , id ask you to show me a contract which i have signed which stated that. Otherwise id point to your confidentiality clause which says i cant discuss bank business, and id politely show you my middle finger and walk off.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 20:46   #50
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Cocaine is a recreational drug, not a performance enhancing one.

Rio could have been taking anything, thus his skipping of the test is a more serious matter than somebody sticking a bit of charlie up their nose.