User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

View Poll Results: Shall we make "Friday Caption Contest" a regular occurrence?
Yes 38 90.48%
No 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 11:55   #1
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
It's the friday caption competition!

here
is berti vogts

soon to be sacked scotland manager.

but what is he about to say ?

answers on a forum reply post.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 12:11   #2
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: It's the friday caption competition!

"is the pub open yet?"
We shall remember them.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 12:12   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"TIME TO DIE!"
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 12:14   #4
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

I hope they have watches like this in the blue half of Manchester
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 12:16   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

"Oh for ****s sake! It's a fake rolex, it was hardly worth killing him over. I think I've been in Scotland too long..."
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 12:37   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Interviewer: "When are you going to be sacked Berti?"
Berti: *looks at watch* "Next week"
Interviewer: "Thats one hell of a watch you have Berti"

[/Peter Kay]
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 13:00   #7
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
here
is berti vogts

soon to be sacked scotland manager.

but what is he about to say ?
"There has got to be more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking."

Last edited by Sunday8pm; 15 Oct 2004 at 13:06.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 13:50   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"I coached Scotland's pride, and all I got was this lousy wat...hm, Gute Zeiten Slechte Zeiten is almost on."
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 13:53   #9
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

"ten minutes till i have to meet nancy and sven for a threesome..."

All is nothing, without you.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 18:14   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"SCHTOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THIS MANAGER IS NOT READY TO BE SACKED YET! HE HAS AT LEAST ONE MORE GAME!"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 18:49   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

No pulse, no rhythm, no timing. This wrist is like my team plays.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 18:53   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: It's the friday caption competition!

"What should I do now, Holly?"
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:54   #13
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

If I hurry I can beat the fans to the airport and get home to germany by half time

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:29   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll get you next time, Gadget. Next time!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:34   #15
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Hmmm. I hope nationwide really is on my side.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 22:14   #16
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Is this thing even ticking?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 22:40   #17
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Shit, I'm so fired. I'm gonna be late for my weekly shag session with the head of the Scottish FA again.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 22:41   #18
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

ein zwei drei saufen
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 23:20   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Does anyone want to turn this into a regular friday thing , you have the weekend to create captions , and then its voted on Mon-Thu , and a new one put up on Friday?

Enough Votes, and its carried.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 23:25   #20
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

ok
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 23:33   #21
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

'not long now, surely they`ll sack me this time'
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 23:47   #22
Sunday8pm
Banned

I'm up for a caption competition system.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 23:48   #23
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"I vonder vot time it is"

(ich erhalte meinen Mantel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Does anyone want to turn this into a regular friday thing , you have the weekend to create captions , and then its voted on Mon-Thu , and a new one put up on Friday?

Enough Votes, and its carried.
can we have a vote on whether we should have a vote on whether this should be a regular thing?

(by that I mean just do it, "suck it and see")
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 00:04   #24
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Sounds good Kura.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:25   #25
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

there are a lot of people submiting.. so how will this work?

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:53   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I voted "Yes" because there's no "Ohhh well i suppose we might as well try it but i reckon it'll be shit" option*

*rectify?
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 02:29   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

I reckon it works on a pretty simple basis.

People can submit links to pics they think are suitable for the caption contest over the week via PM, ill pick one and put it up , after 48 hours of captions, a "Guest Panel" which will be randomly selected from the residents of GD (and will change ever week) will nominate their favourite quote.

And those quotes then go into the poll from Mon-Thu.

So the only involvement i have in this contest is choosing a pic from what you send me. Everything else is run by GD , for GD , and voted on by GD. I may even get 1-X to throw me a random user generator prog so i can chuck in 50 names and get this weeks panel.

I reckon 4 people a week should suffice. Agreed? and they wont know who they are in advance because i wont hunt them out for the poll until Quoting closes on Sunday nights (although, obviously, anyone who submits a quote cant really be picked as logic dictates theyll choose their own quote to go through to the poll).

I cant believe i just had to justify the simplest concept in GD history
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 02:47   #28
Sunday8pm
Banned

So in other words, if there are more than 10 captions posted, the panel chooses the best 10 and those go to a poll?

How many captions are users allowed to submit?
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 05:21   #29
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

and will who will choose the panalists.

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 05:30   #30
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

'I've waited for ages, and still noone cares enough to interview me.'
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 06:01   #31
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
and will who will choose the panalists.
can you not read?

Also Down with Dilly for voting nay.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 08:01   #32
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

"nein, i dont have overly hairy wrists"
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 12:12   #33
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
"nein, i dont have overly hairy wrists"

jerome in failure non-shocker
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 13:40   #34
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

yes sunday. I wanted to know who will "randomly pick" the panalists

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 13:59   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

'The moment I start looking at my watch I know I am nervous ....'
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:11   #36
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

"Oooooh Shiny...."
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:13   #37
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: It's the friday caption competition!

Quote:
I reckon it works on a pretty simple basis.

People can submit links to pics they think are suitable for the caption contest over the week via PM, ill pick one and put it up , after 48 hours of captions, a "Guest Panel" which will be randomly selected from the residents of GD (and will change ever week) will nominate their favourite quote.

And those quotes then go into the poll from Mon-Thu.

So the only involvement i have in this contest is choosing a pic from what you send me. Everything else is run by GD , for GD , and voted on by GD. I may even get 1-X to throw me a random user generator prog so i can chuck in 50 names and get this weeks panel.

I reckon 4 people a week should suffice. Agreed? and they wont know who they are in advance because i wont hunt them out for the poll until Quoting closes on Sunday nights (although, obviously, anyone who submits a quote cant really be picked as logic dictates theyll choose their own quote to go through to the poll).
The rules which governed the election of the Holy Roman Emperor were simpler than this.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:18   #38
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
The rules which governed the election of the Holy Roman Emperor were simpler than this.

Vote for me or this mean man will shove a spear up you arse and rape your wife?

Well........it could work.......
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:24   #39
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation Re: It's the friday caption competition!

Just make sure you're the King of Burgundy, Germany, and Italy, and are on good terms with the Pope. And that you hand out plenty of free mead during the campaigning season.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:31   #40
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
yes sunday. I wanted to know who will "randomly pick" the panalists
You still can't read the bit that says quite clearly that they'll prolly ask 1-X to make a random number generator for selection of users on a week to week basis that make up the panel then...

I suggest you either go to your local optician or tell bush "you've been left behind".
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 15:38   #41
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Would this be a good one for this week?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 16:13   #42
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

4 random users are picked. each picks their favourite quote. those 4 quotes go the vote.

If 2 pick the same quote, then one will be asked to pick another.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 16:31   #43
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

I suck...so far I'm the only one to vote no...come on people, make me feel loved here
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 16:47   #44
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Don't you think the masses should be able to vote on five or six? Kura's proposal is a bit too much like tory leadership contests at the moment.

Edit: ^^^ ok then, voted no.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 17:06   #45
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm in favour of the contest but think the judging system needs more thought
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:02   #46
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
4 random users are picked. each picks their favourite quote. those 4 quotes go the vote.

If 2 pick the same quote, then one will be asked to pick another.
I think the panel should pick 1 each preferred then pick from the rest and at least have a poll on 8 of the entries.

4 preferred and 4 communal panel picks.

Just going with each 4's favourite leaves it open to them picking each other's or missing out on a lot of variety etc etc.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:45   #47
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I think the panel should pick 1 each preferred then pick from the rest and at least have a poll on 8 of the entries.

4 preferred and 4 communal panel picks.

Just going with each 4's favourite leaves it open to them picking each other's or missing out on a lot of variety etc etc.
The rules werent really that far under discussion. If you have a poll with 5 , 6 ,7 , 8 , etc options , you end up with far too great a split on vote, and you can have one quote winning with only 6 votes or something.

We stick with 4. That way we get a clear winner, and people can protest against the chosen quotes all they want, it wont change the decision of the panel. Too much democracy on this, or anything else, just turns it into a free for all and defeats the purpose of the contest.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 20:33   #48
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Also you're hoping we get a decent amount of amusing captions.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 20:55   #49
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Also you're hoping we get a decent amount of amusing captions.
Fortunately , we should always get at least 4
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 21:08   #50
Ste
Bored

yeh but maybe not as many as 8...

Closed Thread