User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:08   #1
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
do you have to be old to appreciate 80's music?

my 18 year old little brother thinks i am odd for dancing around my house to 'old' music
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:10   #2
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: do you have to be old to appreciate 80's music?

Yes.

Seriously, I'm "old" aswell, but I don't go around digging 80's music just the same (with exceptions like Queen not counting at all of course.) You've got to be pretty nutty in addition to old.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:11   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

70s and 80s music is great, and I'm only 16 so no
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:12   #4
Untouchabler

Untouchabler is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
my 18 year old little brother thinks i am odd for dancing around my house to 'old' music

What in particular from the 80s are ya listening to?

God it seems weird people talking about the 80s as being old though.

I like alot of 60's and 70's stuff.
Untouchabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:13   #5
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

LHC: This coming from the person who thinks queen is overrated.

I don't think you are old enough yet to have a cultured opinion.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:15   #6
Untouchabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen

I don't think you are old enough yet to have a cultured opinion.
I agree, at 16 ya don't truely know what ya like and don't like. You'll look back in a few years and think "sh*t i cant believe the shit i listened to when i was 16".
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:19   #7
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i am pretty sure that ya is not a word
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:23   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Unless you think Queen is the best band ever, it's pretty easy to think Queen are overrated.

This doesn't stop them being utterly brilliant, of course.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:35   #9
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

They are only overrated if you believe the massive amounts of media bile.

Appreciation is all relative though, it's like wines and Art and Architecture. Not everyone's an expert, unfortuantely with music everyone thinks they are affably qualified to comment.

You get a headstart though if you have at any point persued musical education seriously though and actively performed music as a hobby and considered it as a pasttime.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:07   #10
Untouchabler

Quote:

You get a headstart though if you have at any point persued musical education seriously though and actively performed music as a hobby and considered it as a pasttime.
True, but unfortunately those opinions dont count any more than opinions of musical morons who buy rubbish.

I had piano lessons from the age of 6 till 13 and got to grade 5. (parents forced me to learn).
From 11 I started teaching myself the drums, and at aged 15 I started playing drums in a band in Sheffield. We got funding for a EP from a company called Sugar Records (who have now gone bust). We recorded but we split up a few months after cos we all went away to different universities. During my time in the band the guitarist taught me basic guitar and 9 years later I am reasonably competent and would consider this instrument the one I am best at. I studied Music Technology at Uni and have since done loads of home recordings just for abit of a hobby, nothing to seious.

However, this all counts for nothing opinion-wise, cos ya could get some 16 year old guy whos just learnt a few chords on his guitar and he's highly opinionated on wat music is crap and what is good, And ya cant say "hold on, my opinion carries more weight cos I've been in a band and can play 3 instruments".....unfornately any idiot is entitled to an opinion and even worse, they are entitled to buy records, hence the reason the top ten is always full of cheesy rubbush bought by teenage girls.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:10   #11
madi
a little bit broken

piss off out of my thread you gimmick person you ?!?!!?

one more ya in here and i am going to delete it
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:11   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

80's music is excellent, and I'm 20.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:35   #13
Untouchabler

Quote:
piss off out of my thread you gimmick person you ?!?!!?
wats gimmicky about wat I wrote there?
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:40   #14
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

80s music is cool, apart from the rock scene with bands like Skid Row and Whitesnake. i cannot stand them. New Order > *
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:48   #15
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchabler
wats gimmicky about wat I wrote there?

i never said what you wrote was i said you are

ya and wat is even more annoying than 2morrow and 4ever

so bugger off
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:49   #16
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomers III
80s music is cool, apart from the rock scene with bands like Skid Row and Whitesnake. i cannot stand them. New Order > *

how old are you?
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:51   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i like 80s music because of the Vice City OST dude :up::up::away:
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:08   #18
Untouchabler

Quote:
i never said what you wrote was i said you are
well explain to me wat makes me a gimmick. I dont use forums much so I honestly have no idea wat your talking about.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:11   #19
Evergreen
the merciless

I was raised on music from Inspiral carpets and Carter USM during the 80's..... they sound a bit shit today though.

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:16   #20
Untouchabler

Quote:
I was raised on music from Inspiral carpets and Carter USM during the 80's..... they sound a bit shit today though.
Yeh, i used to listen to Carter USM too.

I liked the Smiths as well, that kind of stuff.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:19   #21
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
how old are you?
17 for another month and a bit
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:25   #22
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Queen while their music is good it's not godly and they really are overrated.

I quite like a lot of the 80's electronic stuff and assorted bits of rap and rock... but everything else can go to hell especially 80's pop.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:50   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well, as I was more referring to various people saying "They're the best band ever". Since I don't happen to share that view, this would make them, de facto over-rated.
Quote:
Appreciation is all relative though, it's like wines and Art and Architecture. Not everyone's an expert, unfortuantely with music everyone thinks they are affably qualified to comment.
Most commentary on music boils down to "I like this band/music". You don't need qualifications to make such a statement. It's only if you're getting into technical criticism that it matters if you know what you're talking about.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:59   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have carter USM and the inspiral carpets in the playlist i am currently listening to

80's music rocks totally
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 17:23   #25
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Well, as I was more referring to various people saying "They're the best band ever". Since I don't happen to share that view, this would make them, de facto over-rated.Most commentary on music boils down to "I like this band/music". You don't need qualifications to make such a statement. It's only if you're getting into technical criticism that it matters if you know what you're talking about.
The topic states, Appreciation.

ap·pre·ci·a·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-prsh-shn)
n.
Recognition of the quality, value, significance, or magnitude of people and things.
A judgment or opinion, especially a favorable one.
An expression of gratitude.
Awareness or delicate perception, especially of aesthetic qualities or values.
A rise in value or price, especially over time.

If you want to use like then use the word like, however appreciate when used in this context refers to what I have bolded.

In which case my argument stands. Your argument stands if madi stands she implied like.

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 17:26   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
In which case my argument stands. Your argument stands if madi stands she implied like.
Indeed. I originally read the general topic to be more about liking 80's music, so the "A judgment or opinion, especially a favorable one. " definition from what you pasted, but it's a fair point.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 17:26   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If you want to use like then use the word like, however appreciate when used in this context refers to what I have bolded.
But similarly 'A judgment or opinion, especially a favorable one'.

You can mean what you want the word to mean; you could have it referring to someone slapping the queen with a cod if you like, but given that the above definition is viewed as the standard, it's generally useful to clarify your point, especially as all the inference into your post was to the above definition.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 17:34   #28
Evergreen
the merciless

Let's analyse Madi's first post Mark.

She is dancing to 80's music, that shows she's appreciating it in a manner beyond just liking something.

Her brother finds it odd, why would she mention odd if it wasn't for the fact she believes he doesn't appreciate in the manners I've bolded.

why didn't she just say. Do you have to be old to like 80's music? why doesn't my brother like my music?

I felt the greater lengths she went to describing things and specifically using appreciate in the manner I believe is implied lends greatly to where I am going here. You however are merely arguing away from it and rounding this down to what you like and not discussing why 80's music is not appreciable by anyone who's young.

Remember what is being raised here is the question why young people do not like this music and hence we have to explain that.

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 17:40   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

anyone can appreciate good music yo
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 19:37   #30
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

I hope your not much older then your younger brother, cause anyone who lives athome and have passed the age of twenty are mentaly challanged and need help.

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 19:45   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Let's analyse Madi's first post Mark.

She is dancing to 80's music, that shows she's appreciating it in a manner beyond just liking something.

Her brother finds it odd, why would she mention odd if it wasn't for the fact she believes he doesn't appreciate in the manners I've bolded.

why didn't she just say. Do you have to be old to like 80's music? why doesn't my brother like my music?

I felt the greater lengths she went to describing things and specifically using appreciate in the manner I believe is implied lends greatly to where I am going here. You however are merely arguing away from it and rounding this down to what you like and not discussing why 80's music is not appreciable by anyone who's young.

Remember what is being raised here is the question why young people do not like this music and hence we have to explain that.
Lets analyse Madi's first post Paul.

She is dancing to 80's music, something that people often do when they 'like' something, and is regarded pretty much universally as a symbol of 'liking' said music. Lets not forget the definition of the word like ('To find pleasant or attractive; enjoy.')

oh sod it, I'll just call you a fag lolz.

You're a fag lolz.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 19:56   #32
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I often dance to shit music which i hate
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 20:08   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I often dance to shit music which i hate
Do you play it of your own volition?
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 20:32   #34
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Actually no. Good point.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 21:20   #35
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm 21, I love 80's music.
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 01:18   #36
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

billy joel

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 05:54   #37
Shr00m

Shr00m is an unknown quantity at this point

Music sucks, I perfer silence
Shr00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 13:41   #38
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
I hope your not much older then your younger brother, cause anyone who lives athome and have passed the age of twenty are mentaly challanged and need help.

i am 10 years older than him
otherwise why would i be listening to 80's music and referring to myself as old
you tit

i live on my own
have done since i was 16
he comes to visit
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 13:55   #39
Spike

Some 80s music is good. The majority of it though is utter shite.
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 14:16   #40
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
i am 10 years older than him
otherwise why would i be listening to 80's music and referring to myself as old
you tit

i live on my own
have done since i was 16
he comes to visit
Lived independantly of your parents you mean.

Unread 5 Jan 2004, 15:30   #41
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchabler
True, but unfortunately those opinions dont count any more than opinions of musical morons who buy rubbish.

I had piano lessons from the age of 6 till 13 and got to grade 5. (parents forced me to learn).
From 11 I started teaching myself the drums, and at aged 15 I started playing drums in a band in Sheffield. We got funding for a EP from a company called Sugar Records (who have now gone bust). We recorded but we split up a few months after cos we all went away to different universities. During my time in the band the guitarist taught me basic guitar and 9 years later I am reasonably competent and would consider this instrument the one I am best at. I studied Music Technology at Uni and have since done loads of home recordings just for abit of a hobby, nothing to seious.
I hear what you are saying. I learned the spoons while camping as a kid, that was over 25 years ago and do you think the youth of today listen to me when I tell them music today is just a load of crap and that I was doing stuff like eminem and fatboy slim on my spoons when I was like 10 or 11 years old? Do the f**k!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 16:14   #42
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: do you have to be old to appreciate 80's music?

The idea that all 80's music was 'shit' is an idea that has been fostered by shitmongers suffering from knobrot, and has been perpetuated by the general ignorance of a swathe of young people of anytihng beyond the music of today.

I prefer 80's music to that from just about any other modern musical period. What Toccata said. Even the pop music was vastly superior to that of today.

Madi: tell your brother that he's a twatfaced little bastard and he's going to die of knobrot.

I don't even want to think about what sort of music he likes.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 16:18   #43
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I don't even want to think about what sort of music he likes.
i like slipknot and sean paul because they're hardcre
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 16:19   #44
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: do you have to be old to appreciate 80's music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
i like slipknot and sean paul because im shitcore
Fixed.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote