User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Dec 2003, 18:35   #1
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough
ITT we list the problems with the new forums

1. No search button on peoples posts
2. Looks very gay
3. Thread starter is easy to miss (this usually decides whether I read a thread or not)
4. HUGE gap between the thread title and the last poster

edit: just seen where the search is now (click on the name of the poster) but I still would rather it was just on the screen :/
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 18:36   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: ITT we list the problems with the new forums

5 - 1034: Karm
1035: The stylesheets
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 18:36   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1036. Average post count per day seems to be gone
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 18:37   #4
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

1037. Hard to tell if threads you've posted in have new posts or not.

edit: I see how to tell, but it's not immediatly obvious
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 18:39   #5
Super
Sub

1038. Comedy "no location" option
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 18:41   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The Forums have been upgraded to a new version of the software, a major change in the design means that the current styles will not work, as such i have currently disabled them.
I intend to have these fixed and back up within the next couple of days.
If you find any bugs/changes you want please feel free to email me.
In the meantime please bear with me.
Many Thanks Karmulian
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 18:48   #7
Super
Sub

Thanks that clears everything up.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 19:02   #8
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

dace didn't knwo anyone used that average posts per day

i will find the code and plonk it back in
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 19:10   #9
Super
Sub

What about the location line? That's (sometimes) quite helpful in debates.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 19:16   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

whingeing posters?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 19:27   #11
Super
Sub

Radical Edward
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 19:37   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
Radical Edward
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 20:00   #13
Super
Sub

#2121: The number of replies + views are too far away really. Putting all the important information at the sides of the screen means that people will miss it easily. It's not like that huge blank space in the middle is at all useful :/
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 01:34   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
... that huge blank space in the middle ...
Maybe this would look better if the thread titles and authors were centred rather than alligned to the left? (also maybe it isn't so huge for 800x600 users)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 01:40   #15
Super
Sub

On my screen, next to nods language thread title there is a gap which is about 25% of the screen.

And thats the smallest gap on the front page.
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 01:41   #16
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

12e. the name of the last poster underneath the thread looks very gay also.
12f. Sometimes posts seem to be 'centred' compared to the others.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 01:46   #17
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

when I disabled the stylesheet, the thread titles were automatically centred and I thought they looked better for it (hence the suggestion)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 04:11   #18
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

no link left directly under the last post to get back to "general discussion" i alwasy use that if i dont reply :/
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 04:15   #19
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

and the page keeps going down to this quick reply box every time i open a thread, ive looked at about 5 now, and its already pissing me off

on a side note to this being able to press tabs once, then enter to submit a reply was good, now you gotta do it twice damnit
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 05:00   #20
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
ITT we list the problems with the new forums
1. *
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 05:05   #21
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Scutter
no link left directly under the last post to get back to "general discussion" i alwasy use that if i dont reply :/
no defined edges to peoples posts, just looks bad.
Post # in thread, on the right is good tho.

ps jsut noticed the little box with the smilies in has a white title and is hard to read.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 14:36   #22
Super
Sub

I thihk the post # was always there.
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 16:48   #23
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

correct
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 17:26   #24
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why does the quick view thing come up when you hover over the box and not just the text, **** annoying.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 17:56   #25
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

ugly

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 18:16   #26
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

put the damn see who's on these forums thing back
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 19:38   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fix the thread-preview thingie for Opera users.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 20:01   #28
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

It works in Opera. For me at least.
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 20:04   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll upgrade my copy then.
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 20:31   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

OK, I've upgraded, no joy. Below is a screenshot. The bottom pic is IE, the top is Opera. You'll have to take my word for it that the pointer was hovering over the title at the time.

http://80.168.142.195/annual/erm/rah.jpg
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 21:04   #31
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

its a known problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbulletin.Com
Thread previews don’t appear when mousing over the link
This has been reported to the Opera development team. The title element is ignored when it is defined from a parent tag in favour of showing the link.
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 21:07   #32
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Still works fine here. I've got Java disabled, and runnign it in Unix, but otherwise its the same as your setup (or should be).