User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Oct 2003, 11:32   #1
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
" Get Balls "

Is it too much to ask for people to get some balls and actually land against defence?

What happened to the battles , seems these days everyone's just tip-toeing around each other, and nothing ever lands unless the defenders run or t he attack will overwhelm a smaller enemy.

I remember days like the battle of Silvercity & Adelante ... ok it was a private round, and a different Planetarion back then... but instead of battle commanders sitting down with their lovely little cord lists of the ' enemy ' pondering witch enemy gal is the most politically unsound and unable to defend, and then recalling its attack when the smallest challenge is sent in defiant's of the attack...

Let these darn ships land, let them fight.... its ok to lose score people, its what makes this game interesting... playing cat and mouse all round is no fun.

I know it’s not everyone... but their are a fair amount of you out their actively doing this, and you know who you are.

Get balls.

Last edited by Anakin; 5 Oct 2003 at 11:38.
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 11:51   #2
chemical
Honorary Member

chemical is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: " Get Balls "

agreed! get some balls, this isn't how we play it :eek:
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 11:55   #3
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemical
Some random crap about " thats the meaning of the game ":
Yes... that’s correct, the game is to avoid your opponents at all costs, and only prey on targets you are 100% sure won’t attempt to defend themselves against you.

Clearly this is the concept that builds the game we play. Welcome to Planetarion - “ dodging the bullet since r1 ".
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 13:33   #4
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, for all his talk, Spinner changed the scoring so that you can't do well unless you keep your fleet intact. The experience gain from landing against heavy defence just isn't worth the losses. I for one enjoyed the betas (before scoring tweaks 1, 2 and 3) where it was profitable and it would have been interesting in the real round to see at what point people stopped amassing fleet and started amassing score, leaving the players with most roids poorly defended by the end.

It's like asking a poker player why he's being boring and folding 80% of his hands, it's just what you have to do to win.

It's Spinner that lost his balls
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 17:19   #5
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

I was about to start a thread called "Yay! Fight night!!"

actually ALL our attackers landed last night and we did so as well *g* For some special reasons all over the universe bloodlust broke out

just a few examples:

actually we really had fun
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 17:25   #6
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Is it too much to ask for people to get some balls and actually land against defence?
I stopped reading about here.

I think you should get balls and walk around naked in Harlem with a 'I hate ******s'-sign.
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 20:14   #7
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point

Having none of my own, I asked Forest if I could borrow his, but he balked.
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 20:31   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Why land if you've got nothing to gain from it?

After 10 rounds of PA, you'd think even the most dense people would have gained a tiny bit of common sense.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 20:43   #9
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Id rather recall than land and lose my fleet, therefore fkin up my round thankyou
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 22:01   #10
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
Why land if you've got nothing to gain from it?

After 10 rounds of PA, you'd think even the most dense people would have gained a tiny bit of common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Id rather recall than land and lose my fleet, therefore fkin up my round thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 22:07   #11
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

You ppl clearly don't get the point of this thread.... THis is a great way to get some more threads going on AD, if everybody starts landing we will soon have a thread like "Muahahaha pwned Alliance X, the noobs can't even scan for def" and all sort of things alike, so please all start landing on your targets

Last edited by Wandows; 5 Oct 2003 at 22:29.
Wandows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 22:22   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

People aren't going to land on questionable attacks simply so you fools have something to blab about on the forums.

Thinking a thread like this will "spur" action is silly, and incredibly naive.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 22:24   #13
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
"Get Balls"
"Get a clue how to sucessfully play the game."
If the game doesn't encourage risk-taking, people won't take risks. It's that simple.
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 23:55   #14
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthos
Having none of my own, I asked Forest if I could borrow his, but he balked.
You can have my report
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 23:55   #15
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
...if everybody starts landing we will soon have a thread like "Muahahaha pwned Alliance X, the noobs can't even scan for def" and all sort of things alike, so please all start landing on your targets
yep, that's exactly what would happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 00:17   #16
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

FFS, last time i take notice of ur posts anakin!
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 00:24   #17
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

http://cabeza.lockhead.net/index.php...nid=1934594237
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 07:53   #18
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Ah nice it's BR post hour

http://cabeza.lockhead.net/index.php...anid=590652225

That's what you get if some forget to pull (better say it before someone starts to scream "your DC's suck, half the defence doesn't target anything")
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 09:55   #19
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

ahh but we do suck Martok
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 10:43   #20
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
ahh but we do suck Martok

that reminds me its ur turn tonight

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 11:09   #21
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

¤points up¤

That's our working material

-----
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 11:46   #22
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

my turn? eh? who said anything about turns?
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 12:15   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

***** News Just In *******

***** Spinner In Wrecking The Game Shocker *******
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 12:37   #24
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Ah nice it's BR post hour

http://cabeza.lockhead.net/index.php...anid=590652225

That's what you get if some forget to pull (better say it before someone starts to scream "your DC's suck, half the defence doesn't target anything")

What were you doing at a FAnG planet defending, to get that battle report?
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 12:38   #25
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
***** News Just In *******

***** Spinner In Wrecking The Game Shocker *******
OMG,YOU ARE HOT!.

asl, wanna cybor?

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 12:50   #26
General Martok
used to register

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What were you doing at a FAnG planet defending, to get that battle report?
Nah it was a Eclipse planet we secretly are blocking with

(actualy it's a normal R&T planet, but since it seems like you only want threads to go about Fang and blocking etc you can pm me for all the details on the secret evul block )

-----
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 13:41   #27
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nah it was a Eclipse planet we secretly are blocking with

(actualy it's a normal R&T planet, but since it seems like you only want threads to go about Fang and blocking etc you can pm me for all the details on the secret evul block )

Actually it was Veil05's planet. And he is FAnG, last time I checked (10 seconds ago).
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 13:44   #28
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

All the "look what happens when you dont recall hehe"-br's posted, are simply evidence pointing to how people already dont care about playing imho.
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 13:46   #29
General Martok
used to register

Well not according to my own private news, sure as hell it says 6:y:z... And I travelled to that planet in 7 hours, so you are just talking nonsence...

-----
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 19:49   #30
Tomkat

Quote:
Well not according to my own private news, sure as hell it says 6:y:z... And I travelled to that planet in 7 hours, so you are just talking nonsence...

My mistake. I saw a breport that looked very similar to that one (same ships) and didn't bother to check.

Apologies to Martok
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 20:08   #31
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
My mistake. I saw a breport that looked very similar to that one (same ships) and didn't bother to check.

Apologies to Martok
Your alliance members just losing 2 fleets a night or is it more?

*Anyone see how I'm trying this twisting the truth thing like most alliance HC's and officers of late? Can I get a review on this? Not sure it suits me but it seems to fit in with the general ad theme of mindless drivel and bickering, though that's sometime entertaining. Lo Focht and Kj especially. *
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 20:17   #32
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
Your alliance members just losing 2 fleets a night or is it more?
delete this, lol, it was me dieing in the battle report not eclipse :P
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 20:30   #33
Jorinn
Toyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
delete this, lol, it was me dieing in the battle report not eclipse :P
Yes, and that just illustrates another of my points.
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 20:31   #34
Jorinn
Toyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
Yes, and that just illustrates another of my points.
*Scroll down Veil *
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 21:40   #35
General Martok
used to register

Quote:

Apologies to Martok
Gratefully accepted

Hope you're convinced we're not taking part in some :3some: with another alliances

(sorry i HAD to use that smilie related to allaiances, couldn't help it... 421 smilies?!?!!?!?!)

-----
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 21:48   #36
Cochese
Retired

I landed--alone--on huge defense last night, and was owned.

My contribution to this thread is now complete:hello:

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 23:20   #37
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Now, why did you do that? :itsme:
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 00:02   #38
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

No Cochese, you need to post the br aswell, with a witty comment such as 'look blabla cant attack'

:veryhappy:
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 05:19   #39
Cochese
Retired

http://cabeza.lockhead.net/index.php...anid=526352166

I had worked like 16 hours, and frankly, wanted the sleep more than the ships:canabis:

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 06:11   #40
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ah so i wasn't alone in doing that last night.
silly me for not checking the attack BEFORE i landed :\
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 09:42   #41
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point

did u miss me Anakin? hehe
anyways, hey every1, tis nice to be back!
On the subject of not landing 2 def on attacks
well who can blame them? who wants to lose their eintire fleet for just a few roids etc
damn stupid if u ask me,!

Cyanide
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 13:24   #42
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts

Quote:

I send a fake smaal counter fleet with my smallish planet on a top 20 planet and forgot to pull it. It landed and partly survived even. Quite funny. The score gain just about compensated for the losses I took.

hAl
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 14:35   #43
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAl
I send a fake smaal counter fleet with my smallish planet on a top 20 planet and forgot to pull it. It landed and partly survived even. Quite funny. The score gain just about compensated for the losses I took.

hAl
Now I know we ignore the creators most of the time, but I'm sure there is an option for "Fake Attack" there, which pulls your fleet at ETA-1 :deal:
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 00:12   #44
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

lol at tomkats comment....

not much sense in landing against defense most of the time unless yyou can be sure ts afake defense (which it will be seldomly)

(will i ever get a post no matter how short right without editing?)
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 00:19   #45
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
(will i ever get a post no matter how short right without editing?)

:no:
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 10:48   #46
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Now I know we ignore the creators most of the time, but I'm sure there is an option for "Fake Attack" there, which pulls your fleet at ETA-1 :deal:
Tryd that once. Target ran :shot: Im never gonna do that again... Was really painfull to see that it could have been lots of free roids
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 11:10   #47
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Get balls.
i pulled wrong fleet once, and went back to sleep. lost 250 FR there, but :gives: about those FR
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 11:30   #48
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitre
Tryd that once. Target ran :shot: Im never gonna do that again... Was really painfull to see that it could have been lots of free roids

I've only used the fake attack function once. Most of the time I get up to recall manually, on the offchance that I could get roidies.
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 20:10   #49
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road

/me hands Ani his spare set i got plenty
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 16:06   #50
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I tend to try and be tricky, this round I landed some BS on a planet that was about 1 million in value and had a few thousand ships in def. My own value was 400k.

The guy had guessed at it being my CR I think, and called a lot of anti-CR def. Unfortunately 400 morelias turned up and killed 43 claymores. I took out over 300 frigs (according to bcalc I killed about 10k res worth more, lol). However, even that wasn't worth it, my score dropped by a coupla k :/

I suppose that once you consider it's a permanent score boost then you're OK???[font=Arial Narrow]
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote