User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 5 Oct 2003, 10:34   #1
Dinoman

Dinoman is an unknown quantity at this point
- Why play - ??

I was looking trough pay pr play universe, and it seems like all gallaxies are full..
And those C23 galls are where they put new players in...
Why would I pay for my planet and end up in a gallaxies where there are less active people than the one I am in now, and less score, and be a constand farm for the players in lower clusters???

Not that I expect to be in nr 1 galla, but no way I want to pay to be a easy target with 500 roids in a gallaxy with 300K points...

Dino
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 12:37   #2
Kalle
still Ensign??

Kalle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: - Why play - ??

ask Spinner :duh:

Last edited by Kalle; 5 Oct 2003 at 18:08.
Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 13:41   #3
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

...or(and) ask all the ppl who did not realize that they buried PA in r5 and 7 (and 9 and 9.5)...
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 21:11   #4
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

or you could pay for 9 others and activate at same time, hoping you all get in same gal ))
Dunno if they do it that way tho, or whether they place one planet in one gal, and the next planet in the next gal
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 22:59   #5
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

DINOFAG! you shouldn't play anyway

where's carp nowadays?
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 14:12   #6
Tawg
the Mantis

Tawg is an unknown quantity at this point

trust me, spinner ruined random galaxies again

dont know how, but i havent been in an active galaxy for ages... and im frankly sick of pa.

You know the mantis ledgends? thats where it all started. It was fighting of this black bird, it was only a 10th of the birds size. it was a very valued insect. and thats why the technique needs a brave man and a strong one, who isnt afraid of birds.
Tawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 14:22   #7
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
DINOFAG! you shouldn't play anyway

where's carp nowadays?
he moved into his new apartment. Got a sms here the other day to say hello to people, but senile as i am, i forgot.
so...

HELLO THEMION, KEVIN THUMPED YOUR SISTER LATLY?

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 20:04   #8
Dinoman

Carps appartment rocks kocks...

But for the money he payed, it should rock too.....

He has ordered ADSL and will be up and about soon,,,

Dont know if he will start playing again thou...

Anyone seen Torz btw??? he newer answears me...
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 20:11   #9
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoman
Carps appartment rocks kocks...

But for the money he payed, it should rock too.....

He has ordered ADSL and will be up and about soon,,,

Dont know if he will start playing again thou...

to bad he lives in the armpit of the universe
bergen > Alesund
He wont play again afaik, but then again, who of us actualy plays

pm me if u wanna try pa

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 20:14   #10
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawg

dont know how, but i havent been in an active galaxy for ages... and im frankly sick of pa.
So wait why is that spinners fault that the people in your gal aren't active? I mean how does he controll how active people are? :newbie:
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 21:02   #11
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: - Why play - ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by King
I mean how does he controll how active people are?
He doesn't control how active people are, but he sabotages the ability of the players to do anything about it (by making exile costs too high, by not deleting inactive planets in a timely fashion (or ever, in many cases), etc). This has the effect of turning the game into an expensive lottery. Who wants to pay $15 just for the chance to land in a semi-active galaxy? :sad:
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 03:12   #12
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

#wolfpack

Good to see ya again Dino. How's the kid? :elefant:
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 04:53   #13
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
He doesn't control how active people are, but he sabotages the ability of the players to do anything about it (by making exile costs too high, by not deleting inactive planets in a timely fashion (or ever, in many cases), etc). This has the effect of turning the game into an expensive lottery. Who wants to pay $15 just for the chance to land in a semi-active galaxy? :sad:
Exile is something provided and is made expenseive so you can't do it all the time just because you don't like your gal, thats not the purpose of exile. And inactives in the paid universe probably won't be deleted as they paid to play the game so how do we justify deleting their account when they paid for an entire round.
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 08:34   #14
Frosty

Frosty is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Who wants to pay $15 just for the chance to land in a semi-active galaxy? :sad:
I do :wizard:
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 14:38   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: - Why play - ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by King
Exile is something provided and is made expenseive so you can't do it all the time just because you don't like your gal, thats not the purpose of exile.
No one's arguing for free exiles, but there has to be a balance between the cost of exile and the probability of landing in a galaxy that has at least a few active players.
Quote:
And inactives in the paid universe probably won't be deleted as they paid to play the game so how do we justify deleting their account when they paid for an entire round.
You justify it on the grounds that they're not playing. But if you really want to keep accounts for players who aren't using them then fine--move inactives to special galaxies and don't allow exiles and newbies to land there. There's no justification for allowing inactives to ruin the game for those who want to play; nor for forcing active galaxies to pass them around. But hey, if you're happy with the way exiling works atm then stick your head back in the sand.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 14:58   #16
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
bergen > Alesund
that's just because i moved to bergen though tbh...
I was lucky when i upgraded my account, i exiled from a shite gal in c22 to a pretty ok one in a lower cluster... but :gives:

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 16:40   #17
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawg

¨

TawG, SIT !

You may quit the day your HC tell you too. dont you read the small letters in the contract; the alliance owns you until they terminate your contract.

and plz find this finnish freak jurgen, we really owe him some spanking
Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 18:37   #18
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
¨

TawG, SIT !

You may quit the day your HC tell you too. dont you read the small letters in the contract; the alliance owns you until they terminate your contract.

and plz find this finnish freak jurgen, we really owe him some spanking
Yep, it´s like Ohm said

and U will get Jurgen over my dead body
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 08:23   #19
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa
Yep, it´s like Ohm said

and U will get Jurgen over my dead body
That shouldn't be too much of a hassle OlaTa
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 20:06   #20
Dinoman

wheee

Last edited by Dinoman; 9 Oct 2003 at 22:13.
Dinoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 22:47   #21
logamus

Theamion is a good time player man.
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 05:05   #22
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
That shouldn't be too much of a hassle OlaTa

TEM after me ??
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 12:22   #23
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I was looking trough pay pr play universe, and it seems like all gallaxies are full..
And those C23 galls are where they put new players in...
Why would I pay for my planet and end up in a gallaxies where there are less active people than the one I am in now, and less score, and be a constand farm for the players in lower clusters???

Not that I expect to be in nr 1 galla, but no way I want to pay to be a easy target with 500 roids in a gallaxy with 300K points...

Dino

surely you are not playing PA again Dino......

come to the land of retirees and let this god-forsaken browser game go by teh wayside.

Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 12:50   #24
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Paying now is suicide. i would not pay now... (i alr have payed long time ago)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote