User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Feb 2004, 03:50   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I thought I'd announce stuff

I want attention right now.

So anyway, it's Valentine's Day in a week on Saturday.

I was going to do something (obviously) with my girlfriend. The plan has been for a while, that she'd come down and then stay for a week with me.

It was her birthday the day after mine, and that was way back in January. We were unable to see each other, as we kept having commitments which clashed with the other's plans. So this is the first time we'll be seeing each other for 2 months or so. So I want to make it special.

So I thought make it special. I was working at Christmas, but they had to trick their accountants, and pay me in their next banking quarter, so I was only paid at the end of January, instead of the beginning.

So I was pondering, and I came up with an idea (since I have a bit of extra cash).

I'm renting a car.

Just from Thursday morning, until Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

I'll drive to my dad's, and kip there for the night. Then pick her up from work on the Friday, being a big "HI" surprise, hopefully with a rose, show off to her mates, then drive her home and then down here.

I thought it'd be a big gesture.

I'm so scared something will go wrong though.

There's way too many opportunites for **** ups.

Firstly, it says I can pay with credit card (k, but I'm overdrawn on that, and I don't know if it will work).
If I pay with debit, I have to apparently be on the electoral role? I was born in the UK, but I left when I was 11 or so, and moved to Jersey. So I have no idea about electoral roles. And I'd prefer to pay with my Switch card (debit card).
I've never driven on a motorway, and there's no need of maps really in Jersey. So I'm worried I'll take 34 hours trying to find my way around, or I'll panic and end up in Skegness.

So yeah, I'm praying it'll all work. Otherwise this'll cost me shitloads.

If it all does, it's great, we have a car for a week, which makes things a lot better. We can go to places outside Exeter together, and go to the beach and stuff.

I hope you'll all pray for me and hope this stupid hirecar thing works, otherwise I'll feel like a big loser and a disappointment.
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 03:53   #2
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I thought I'd announce stuff

wtf is that about a debit card and an electoral role?
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 03:55   #3
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

you like girls :eek:

I always thought you swong the other way

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 03:58   #4
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll find the actual text...

*goes to find*

Here:

To obtain your vehicle you will need to present:
* this rental voucher
* your valid driving licence (with counterpart if issued)
* your passport (or other photo ID)

Payment – we accept the following credit cards Visa/MC/Amex –
We do accept Switch and debit cards but you must appear on the Electoral Roll and may be subject to a credit check at the supplier collection location. Failure to do so may result in a refusal to provide you with a vehicle .
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 04:01   #5
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Your card is overdrawn, im sure your drugabuse habbits have made your credit shite.

to put it blunt: your screwed, rent a bisycle!

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 04:05   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

makes no sense.
its easier to get a visa than it is a switch card.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 04:26   #7
Tomkat

Well, I have both.

I got two student accounts (I know you're not supposed to, but heh), both are overdrawn. However, my Barclays account uses a Visa - which is completely overdrawn, to the max.
My Natwest account uses a Switch, and has approximately £200 left.

I suppose because it's a hire car company, they don't want some dirty foreigner running off with their car. At least with a credit card you get some insurance that you'll get your money back.

I just don't understand this electoral roll thing. How do you know if you're on it?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 06:57   #8
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're on it if you registered to vote. Every year a form comes to your house where you write in the names of everyone who lives there who is of voting age. You can view the electoral roll online, can't remember where, maybe 192.com?, useful for stalking people, though it's hard when they get married and you don't know their new name (oops)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 10:20   #9
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Exclamation When that other guy is running out of her room, nekkid, say: "HELLO SURPRISE!"

liek phow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 10:47   #10
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: I thought I'd announce stuff

Hmm, do you think surprising her is really such a good idea?
Maybe she hasn't finished packing stuff, getting her things ready, etc?

Or she is just in the progress of saying good bye to someone else (being male)? :eek:

Ok lets hope all of that will be fine, sorry for giving you wrong things to think about...

Oh well, one more thing: Do you think it's really clever spending that money you got now, instead of first paying back your overdrawn credit / debit / whatever cards?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 10:51   #11
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Spending is always better than saving.
I've spent the better part of £1200 for new alloys to my car.
I feel phucking phantastic*

*Not really

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 10:53   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

you wanker

edit: oh i missed "not really"
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 10:56   #13
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

I got this great philosophy that if I spend without thinking I can enjoy the moment more. Not that I'm short of cash after spending this, but it's still serious amounts of cash for wasting.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 11:34   #14
JetLinus

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Oracle
Not that I'm short of cash after spending this
Well, why are your cards overdrawn then?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 11:41   #15
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Of I hadnt seen my bird for 2 months I wouldnt want to drive around to the beach and stuff (in February) I'd want to bang her rotten. I doubt you'll make it out of the bedroom so turn up with some new bed cloths, a packet of 24 and plenty of carbs and just get going.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 11:50   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

YAY - Valentines day single no stupid gifts and surprises to get!

Seriously though - surprising people is very risky. If she's not overjoyed to see you then you'll feel shit. And she'll probably think your about to propose.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 11:51   #17
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Well, why are your cards overdrawn then?
??????????

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 12:05   #18
JetLinus

I thought if a card is overdrawn, it means, you took too much money out of that account. I.e. like you are in dept.
If you got other money lying round, why don't you get rid of your depts first? Doesn't the bank takes quite a lot of interest, if you owe them money?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 12:09   #19
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

WTF are you on man?

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 12:31   #20
JetLinus

OK sorry, you are NOT the thread starter...
Tomkats cards are overdrawn, not yours.
Sorry, confusion, just forget it. Or punch me if you should ever meet me. But then we should be done
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 13:23   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Maybe you should consider meeting a girl in real life rather than one you met on an Internet forum then these problems would just disappear It's quite a drive from Exeter and I wasn't aware there was a motor way you could use unless you go up the M5 and then onto the M4 but that's going well out of your way.

Also why would you want to go to the beach in the middle of Winter ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 14:55   #22
Tomkat

I don't really want to go to the beach. I live in Jersey remember, beaches aren't a big deal to me :/
But she seems quite keen on it. Who knows.

I could come and visit you Christopher, I'm leaving on the Thursday and I could take a detour through Guildford <3 <3 <3

I'd rather keep to the A roads though. I have plenty of time to make the trip, and I don't want to get stuck on a motorway, missing exits and ending up somewhere random ;(
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 15:36   #23
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

die for mentioning that evil day.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Feb 2004, 00:47   #24
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

You'll arrive at her work on friday and see her sharing more than a casual peck with a fellow co-worker and overhear her saying "I should be free in a week or so" and this is what you will get for an unexpected surprise which involves intefering in someone's everyday life that you've had no access too recently to do so.

Then again it could be just wishful thinking on my part to see you miserable cause it makes me smile.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2004, 09:05   #25
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

OMG youre cheating on me (((((

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 16:58   #26
Tomkat

Sorry meaple ;(
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 21:24   #27
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

tomkat ;/
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 21:30   #28
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
die for mentioning that evil day.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote