User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Sep 2003, 12:32   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Kill Bill

You might have heard of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino's new movie.

I've seen a trailer and it looks, well, interesting. As a movie it looks OK, but as a Tarantino movie I don't like it. It looks like he's totally sold out and made a typical Hollywood movie with slapstick jokes and gratuitous action.

It's hard to tell only having seen the trailer, I was just wondering if you think it's going to be any good?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 12:34   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
because taratino was a pillar of society and a model ofintegrity before it?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 12:40   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
He was in my book

As much as any director can be anyway
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 22:47   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
i have to agree with you cc.
comparing with reservoir dogs/jackie brown/pulp fiction i am kinda disappointed .
no funny dialogues anymore!

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 22:48   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Somebody tell me it's crap so I don't have to worry about maybe watching it.

Ta.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 11:20   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

I can tell you that I think it's going to be crap.
I may download it one day and get a more informed opinion.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 17:36   #7
Potatouk
Dude with meat

Potatouk is an unknown quantity at this point
its better than what could have happened.

i have faith in QT.
Potatouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 19:01   #8
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Potatouk
i have faith in QT.
I have faith in his ability to rip films off then call it a "homage" when he realises people have actually seen the original.

And etc.
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 13:12   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kill Bill

I'm surprised there's been no comment yet, or are we waiting for part 2 before that (a GD first considering the judgements already made on LOTR & Matrix).

For the record btw I haven't seen it yet, that'll be tommorow.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 13:30   #10
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

my flatmates saw it....they got ID'd 3 times while in the theatre. They said it was super-duper gory.
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 18:11   #11
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a family movie to me
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 20:40   #12
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i just saw it, it was ok, but somehow didnt convice me. its was slidly too bloody for my personal taste. But it had some nice ideas in it (dont want to tell anyone too much)
i only saw it downloaded though, probably that is the problem, but my damn cinema doesnt show it, they rather show absolute crap movies
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 21:46   #13
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quentin quentin quentin quentin quentin!
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 16:13   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I might be the first to say this but to be honest I didn't find it all that gory, also am I evil for having laughed everytime a gallon of blood spurted across the room?

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 16:58   #15
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I might be the first to say this but to be honest I didn't find it all that gory, also am I evil for having laughed everytime a gallon of blood spurted across the room?
No, that's what Quentin intended

W
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 15:18   #16
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all

it was aight

ps sup guys
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 15:32   #17
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Prolly should go see it then...
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 16:51   #18
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

I will be the voice of reason (as usual and say I really enjoyed the film. It is stylistic, visually impressive and very true to the theme of the genre while incorporating modern aspects to it. It even includes Sonny Shiba, a classic actor from the Genre in a cameo.

True the snappy dialogue of Pulp Fiction is not there, but apparently that is more prevalent in vol II. The story, despite being a very simple linear concept, is interesting and gripping, and the gore, while in some cases exceptional, is a perfect parabole for films of the original genre...

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 16:58   #19
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road

I saw it last night.

It was utter crap. It looked like some demeted lovechild between an action film and a atypical japanese anime.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 17:00   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Two competing views, WHO WILL TRIUMPH?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 17:08   #21
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Its sweet.

Thats all you need to know.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 17:20   #22
Intrepid00

Kill Bill, Vol 1.

How many volulmes wil there be?
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 17:23   #23
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Kill Bill, Vol 1.

How many volulmes wil there be?
It was originally one movie, more than 3 hours in lenght, but they desided to make some more money.
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 17:25   #24
Intrepid00

Those Tricky bastards.
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 20:38   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Two competing views, WHO WILL TRIUMPH?

Place your bets NOW!

BONZAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 20:40   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Kill Bill

Whose Bill, and why wasn't I informed?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 02:56   #27
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Was good...some good moments. Go see it, do not judge till you do.

bastards
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 17:14   #28
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was crap! If Quentin Tarentino gets any further up his own ass, he'll have to start jerking off from the inside out. The boy has issues. But then again, after seen "House of the dead" every movie is great ffs.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2003, 17:16   #29
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

the movie is fun, the dying puppy will hopefully die soon. GO AWAY MUPPET.

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 15:01   #30
MOS

MOS is an unknown quantity at this point

havent seen it yet.

but with so many people making comments about the film i fear similarities with that vampire splater fest that he was involved in. If it is similar i realy dont want to go near it. but if he is playing with naritive or stucture like in Pulp Fiction (best film in the ninties) then id love to see it.
From the trailers, it looks very interesting and the reviews ive heard all claim its Quentin back to his best. if it is a splater fest then please tell me otherwise ill probebly go see it
Unread 22 Oct 2003, 15:03   #31
MOS

MOS is an unknown quantity at this point

If he was consistant then he'd be my favourite director but he isnt so he isnt
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 06:40   #32
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

does Bill survive?
Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 07:04   #33
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

probably.. since there's at LEAST 2 more movies following this one
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 07:50   #34
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
I thought there was only one more?

The way it ends surely there cud only be one more, unless more characters are introduced or they drag it out even more than LOTR (ohhh: contraversial)
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 08:15   #35
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

they could drag LOTR out for eternities if they want.

I'll love both the film and the books until the day that I die
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 08:38   #36
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

It was a fun movie, nothing more, nothing less.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 15:12   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I thought there was only one more?

The way it ends surely there cud only be one more, unless more characters are introduced or they drag it out even more than LOTR (ohhh: contraversial)
how the hell are they "dragging out" lotr by missing out big chunks and still making it into a 9 hour feature? the books are LONG.

anyway,

i really want to see kill bill, every time any of my flatmates want to see it there always seems to be a cheap night out at a good club or something. Bah. might go see it tonight with a couple of people, we shall see.

i love gore etc. =D And ive heard from many sources that its really good, some people have said they hated it, but as anyone particularly observant may have noticed, im not a particularly critical person. id much rather enjoy something than hate it, and it tends to work. yay! so im sure ill love it.
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 00:42   #38
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice

I've already seen it twice, and I thought it was very good. As for the gore aspect, I only had to shut my eyes once (I'm not at all desensitized to violence) so I don't think it's too bad. My one big problem with it was the casting of Uma Thurman in her bad-ass assassinator role. I happen to love Uma Thurman but this was a stretch for her. The entire movie I was unconvinced that she could even kick my ass. The second time I saw it I was trying to figure out what it was about her or her performance that just couldn't convince me but I haven't been able to put my finger on it.

Also, the song that Darryl Hannah whistles is stuck in my head right now and it's driving me ****ing crazy.
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 05:15   #39
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
My one big problem with it was the casting of Uma Thurman in her bad-ass assassinator role. I happen to love Uma Thurman but this was a stretch for her. The entire movie I was unconvinced that she could even kick my ass.
Actually I thought this too when I first saw the trailer, but seeing her in action changed my mind. She plays the adrenaline driven mum type role well (figuratively speaking). What I mean by that is yes she seems pretty average but I think that's what gives her character some strength as well.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 09:34   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
Everywhere else in the world appears to disagree with you.

Well, IMDB does anyway. And the producer. And an interview with Tarantino I have here.
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 09:37   #41
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point

I belive in him, like that little child of some famous film i forgot

"Say it aint so Aryn!"
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 09:40   #42
Idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
I've already seen it twice, and I thought it was very good. As for the gore aspect, I only had to shut my eyes once (I'm not at all desensitized to violence) so I don't think it's too bad. My one big problem with it was the casting of Uma Thurman in her bad-ass assassinator role. I happen to love Uma Thurman but this was a stretch for her. The entire movie I was unconvinced that she could even kick my ass. The second time I saw it I was trying to figure out what it was about her or her performance that just couldn't convince me but I haven't been able to put my finger on it.

Also, the song that Darryl Hannah whistles is stuck in my head right now and it's driving me ****ing crazy.
are you the girl with huge tits or might you be a man impersonating a bint ?
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 16:39   #43
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

saw it... it was brilliant.

a helluva lot of chopping off/shooting off of feet though. I cant remember the last time i saw that in a movie and suddenly it happens about 20 times. thats a GOOD thing btw.

I just thought it was great, every time something weird went on with the way it was shown (split screen, anime, black and white) i thought it worked amazingly well. Which is great as that kind of maverickicity (<--great word) can really ruin a film rather than enhance it.
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 22:58   #44
W
Gubbish

It was just perfect.
A work of art.
Mother****ing brilliant.
And that was just half of it...
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 05:34   #45
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idler
are you the girl with huge tits or might you be a man impersonating a bint ?

My breasts are average so you must have me confused with someone else. What from my post would imply to you that I have large breasts?
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 11:03   #46
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Okay, I've seen it at last.

The best thing to do when you watch it is forget that it's a Tarantino film. It is no Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction. No clever dialogue and the style is completely different. This film is completely pretentious, Pulp Fiction was the opposite. The only thing that reminds you that it's a Tarantino film is that the scenes aren't in chronological order.

If it wasn't a Tarantino film I probably wouldn't have watched it. And to be honest I wouldn't have missed much either. Maybe it's good if you're a fan of Hong Kong martial arts movies.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 11:08   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

So far, the people I know/have seen here who have loved it are Vermillion, W and Giles's brother Tim (having only spoken to 1 real life person about his).

I'm noticing a trend here.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 21:12   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Magnificent.