User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:08   #1
AliasX
- Sex Therapist -

AliasX is an unknown quantity at this point
Why isnt there a Rollback?

Game was down for 3-4 ticks still ticking
<meaple> I want 2 c ur cum
<Pyr0> patience young padowan
<AliasX> oh jeasus
<AliasX> this channel did turn gay
*** yahwe ([email protected]) has joined channel #forums
<Oye> that cant be a coincidence
<meaple> he heard you
AliasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:25   #2
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Why isnt there a Rollback?

Because they don't care.

How's your ass-tan?
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 16:26   #3
Ivan
Liberal Knight

Ivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Wondering the same...

I don't mind losing ships generally but losing almost all my bss cause I can't log in to pull is rather 'dissappointing'. I reckon I'm not the only one around with this 'problem'.

Regards,

Ivan

TFD rnd 1-3
ViruS rnd 3-5
WP rnd 5-10
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:00   #4
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

Because the creators are doing something else atm (and from what I heard it was a good reason (dunno details) )

Just hope they'll still rollback and speed up ticks like Tomkat suggested for a bit. I for one lost loads but if they got a really good reason I guess I cant blame spinner for not stopping ticks (allthough I can blame him for not having some1 else on standbye to be able to do it)
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:08   #5
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
Wondering the same...

I don't mind losing ships generally but losing almost all my bss cause I can't log in to pull is rather 'dissappointing'. I reckon I'm not the only one around with this 'problem'.

Regards,

Ivan

learn to accept ur losses

hi ivan u sexeh beast :P

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:10   #6
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

to all coders out there:

do you think coding a little script to stop the ticker automaticly whenever such things occur would be very difficult?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:14   #7
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In regards to the possibility of a Rollback to a tick prior to the development of the problems, an announcement will be made as soon as possible. Until then it's a waiting game I'm afraid. Apologies again for the lack of information, you shall have updates as and when I get them.
this is just great, I wasn't complaining about PA before but this is just fking great

if u do a rollback do it after the server went down, NOT 20 ticks later...

/me shakes his head and goes pout in a corner
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:22   #8
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-CuRa
this is just great, I wasn't complaining about PA before but this is just fking great

if u do a rollback do it after the server went down, NOT 20 ticks later...

/me shakes his head and goes pout in a corner
No wonder the game is screwed - how can you not have provision for something like this in place

It's almost like working in an office andnot knowing what to do in the event of a fire - go awful planning and plain stupidity I'm afraid.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:17   #9
[IPC]Silentbob
Member of guess who

[IPC]Silentbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh stop whining ffs, all of you, bad as 5 years olds with a load in their shorts. Now quit it, back to your corners, or there will be no tizer for y00.
[IPC]Silentbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:21   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Why isnt there a Rollback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
It's almost like working in an office andnot knowing what to do in the event of a fire - go awful planning and plain stupidity I'm afraid.
Correction: an office that has a fire once or twice a year and still doesn't know what to do. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 22:46   #11
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

when exactly was this downtime, anyway?
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 23:22   #12
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

as i said in another thread: rollbacks are phatetic and shouldnt happen no matter what.

Just deal with the consequences and move on.

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote