User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 08:29   #1
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Disgrace?

What a disgrace Planetarion turned out to be. I dont talk about how Planetarion changed, the game is better now imho in many ways, but talking about the players. People still play like there is a huge game universe out there. They find the smallest guys they can pick on and then hit em. Ive been in the recieving end of such before so not so bothered with it, but what do you think the few new players who actually start play think? Planetarion have what? some 2000+ paid accounts or something, how many of these still play active? Do a friggin educated guess... not many, and fewever day by day. Some galaxies have like 30-40 incoming fleets each morning over and over. One after the other these galaxies turn dead and wasted. I wonder what is the point? The more recent momments will be remembered when the funeral of Planetarion finally take place. And all I can think of is what a disgrace it all turned out to be.

Flame me do whatever, but truth to be told; you dont really believe there will be more rounds of Planetarion after this round?
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 10:04   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Disgrace?

I agree that its a problem, but certainly some alliances do have to hit small targets to cater for their small members. Of course though they will also be hititng bigger targets as well. Th eproblem really is that things are so competitive, people need roids badly at this stage of the game, and the easiest way is form attacking small targets. I mean i'm over 500k value and generall atm I attack 2 300k targets per night. This way I tend to get in at least 60 roids per day normally closer to 100. I would like to be able to hit bigger targets as I would gain more score that way, but I simply can;t do that without taking high losses. Sure I could team up, but then i'd have to share the roids with others. Its not that we bash small players on purpose (or at least i hope not) its just the only way to stay competitive.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 10:15   #3
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree; even I have to attack smaller players just to make sure I dont take losses I cant compensate for. Maybe if the eta was higher to smaller players I'd have to reconsider but now there is no other real option.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 10:29   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

its an interesitng universe idea though... have a flat universe for defence, but have attack eta increase with the size difference between attacker and his target - unrealistic but interesting.

I have to say I don;t think that many alliances are purposefully bashing... sure there is a war on atm so targets to get bashed... but i'd like to think that they are importnat stregic targets...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 4 Oct 2003, 11:23   #5
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Actually, attacking small targets is crap.

I rather hit targets with 600 roids so I can grow bigger.

It's just unskilled bashers who attack small ppl with 3 fleets. bleg. go be ashamed.

Anyways, shouldn't this be on PD instead of AD (no flame intended)?
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 11:31   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

u can only hit bigger targets if u have a highly specific fleet i.e. all one class etc. I would love to hit bigger targets myself, but my current fleet simply doesn't allow for that.

and yes it probably should be on PD

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 4 Oct 2003, 11:55   #7
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

One thing is for sure.. There wont be any glory to harvest for the winners of this round of PA, if the round will complete at all...
All lose out anyway you see it.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 12:08   #8
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Well, its about chosing how to setup ur fleet. I made it so i scare away 2 types of ships, 1 a little, and roid best with 1. It's a give and take thing between attack and defense balance.. for the rest of the defense u have to rely on activity and your alliance m8s.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 12:10   #9
Jackal2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyStroke
One thing is for sure.. There wont be any glory to harvest for the winners of this round of PA, if the round will complete at all...
That isn't completely true.

Every round of PA has seen a decline of active players since ~r5-6. If what you say is true the winners of any of these rounds have harvested no glory. There is always glory to harvest, in any round, with any number of players, just that it's a relative glory. It's easier to dominate in a smaller universe ofcourse..
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 12:46   #10
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's bull****. Just because you're pissed off that bigger guys have attacked you or you have witnessed others doing the same, does not mean everyone does that. I attack more or less equal sized or bigger planets every night.....because I can. You're generalizing without anything to back it up with.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 14:41   #11
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with Keystroke. We all know there was never any bashing before p2p cut down the number of players so drastically.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 14:52   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

the problem is that if an alliance gives all its gals and the gals of its allies full arbiter protection that actually leaves very few targets, so alliances have to multiwave of attack the same targets everynight. There is really nothing that can be done about it... unless someone can magically double or tripple the size of the universe.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 4 Oct 2003, 15:58   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Part of the problem is the game model, which relies on huge numbers of players.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:14   #14
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
That's bull****. Just because you're pissed off that bigger guys have attacked you or you have witnessed others doing the same, does not mean everyone does that. I attack more or less equal sized or bigger planets every night.....because I can. You're generalizing without anything to back it up with.
I believe the amount of incoming fleets on my ickle galaxy each morning speak for itself. I experienced losts of incoming in earlier rounds, but nothing like this. Heck, one in my galaxy had 6 waves on him here the other day. Im not that pissed off over being attacked, I just think its a disgrace how its turned out.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:17   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

With so few players, you need alternative means of growth besides roids (and planetary mines which are useless). The new score system is not the solution, either.

Then again, if we delve into the possibilities, we'll end up with great ideas that would be poorly implemented--and end up right back at square one.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:17   #16
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had more than 3 waves combined with a fleetcatch . You ppl make me jealous!
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:31   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In r7, I was attacked by what appeared to be all Wenx in C23 (and quite a bit from outside it) over a three day period.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:32   #18
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
I agree with Keystroke. We all know there was never any bashing before p2p cut down the number of players so drastically.

No bashing? OMG what world do you belong too? There have always been bashing more or less, but not like how it is now. And this round I know about LOTS of players who actually paid but isnt playing active or not playing at all. I dont know why people like to throw their money out of the window, but obviously they do.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:49   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I think that was sarcasm dear.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 21:55   #20
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Part of the problem is the game model, which relies on huge numbers of players.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 23:24   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No bashing? OMG what world do you belong too? There have always been bashing more or less, but not like how it is now. And this round I know about LOTS of players who actually paid but isnt playing active or not playing at all. I dont know why people like to throw their money out of the window, but obviously they do.
This reply amused me.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 23:59   #22
Backbone
The one and only

Backbone is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalVirtus
the problem is that if an alliance gives all its gals and the gals of its allies full arbiter protection that actually leaves very few targets, so alliances have to multiwave of attack the same targets everynight. There is really nothing that can be done about it... unless someone can magically double or tripple the size of the universe.
then don't block fs. My gal had a 3-wave attack last night by the guys that hit us 5 times already - What you say is just other words for ' We blocked and now we have no targets left'

10 times mightier than 2001
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 00:58   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

my alliance has not allied with anyone and in this small universe i still have problems finding us GOOD targets, and by good i eman oens thta stand out fomr the rest as having more roids.... and becuase of this we do keep hitting the same galaxies, although we are now making a concious effort to avoid doing that

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Oct 2003, 12:33   #24
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Code:
Incoming Fleets (Me) 
Fleet Location Target (eta) Mission Primary Secondary Ships 
Attack -- -- 940 
Attack -- -- 486 
Attack -- -- 380 
Attack -- -- 1800 
Attack -- -- 100 
Attack -- -- 905 
Attack -- -- 500 
Attack -- -- 435 
Attack -- -- 73 
Attack -- -- 216 
Attack -- -- 450 
Attack -- -- 399 
Attack -- -- 1186
that´s me (17:5:8).
Wonder why they have sutch overkill though, wont get that mutch roids. Could be to kill the fleet, but who cares, i havent launched a single fleet all round, and wont either.1-2 times of logging in a week is more then anough

and im not even in the "war". ie solo

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 12:40   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
Wonder why they have sutch overkill though, wont get that mutch roids. Could be to kill the fleet, but who cares, i havent launched a single fleet all round, and wont either.1-2 times of logging in a week is more then anough

and im not even in the "war". ie solo

Maybe they just really hate you?
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 12:41   #26
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Maybe they just really hate you?
but im such a cute

DTA
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 17:11   #27
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point

Allfather :

The attack on your galaxy was a coincidence. I searched for a suitable target and ended at your galaxy.

Then approx 19 fleets were launched against the whole gal, some with one tick and some with 3 ticks.

What I dindnt know at the time was that someone else was attacking your gal as well. If I had known I would never had launched, and when I see the total outcome I wish we had called off the attack.

I am personally sorry for the destruction of your galaxy and planet, it is not my policy to ruin anyones game. Thats why I never attack in pairs or encurage such attacks.

I know that you have been in a great alliance that dominated the game for a long time, and it makes me wonder if you had known back then what you have seen today.......would you have incuraged the kind of bashing your alliance and block were so famous for back then ?

Anyway
rl>pa
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 18:09   #28
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Don't ever attack me or I will quit and load you down with guilt.
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 19:55   #29
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
Allfather :

The attack on your galaxy was a coincidence. I searched for a suitable target and ended at your galaxy.

Then approx 19 fleets were launched against the whole gal, some with one tick and some with 3 ticks.

What I dindnt know at the time was that someone else was attacking your gal as well. If I had known I would never had launched, and when I see the total outcome I wish we had called off the attack.

I am personally sorry for the destruction of your galaxy and planet, it is not my policy to ruin anyones game. Thats why I never attack in pairs or encurage such attacks.

I know that you have been in a great alliance that dominated the game for a long time, and it makes me wonder if you had known back then what you have seen today.......would you have incuraged the kind of bashing your alliance and block were so famous for back then ?

Anyway
rl>pa

didnt ruin my game, today was the first time i logged in for about 4 days

DTA
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 01:14   #30
vent
Bill Gates sucks my ass

vent is an unknown quantity at this point

ah quit moaning, get another 9million inactive players and all will be good.
Round 4:IPC
Round 5:IPC
Round 6:IPC
Round 7:IPC
Round 8:IPC
Round 9:IPC
Round 9.5IPC
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 01:28   #31
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I think the main problem is that too many people whinge about "the good old days". PA is becoming a pensioners outing. If less people moaned all the time, the mood would be much less sombre, and people would be happier. The simple fact is, this is a war game, people are going to get killed/maimed/eaten/etc. I don't think the problem is the community in-game, I think it is the communiy out-game. All the constant moaning can't set a good impression, and the elitism can't help either. If people were more friendly and cheerful, it would be a much more pleasant place to be.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 01:32   #32
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
you could make the alliances smaller.

oh, wait, that would be dumb...
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 02:59   #33
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I challenge you all to find one game in the history of evolution that did not have smaller players on the receiving end
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 03:19   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What a disgrace Planetarion turned out to be. I dont talk about how Planetarion changed, the game is better now imho in many ways, but talking about the players. People still play like there is a huge game universe out there. They find the smallest guys they can pick on and then hit em. Ive been in the recieving end of such before so not so bothered with it, but what do you think the few new players who actually start play think? Planetarion have what? some 2000+ paid accounts or something, how many of these still play active? Do a friggin educated guess... not many, and fewever day by day. Some galaxies have like 30-40 incoming fleets each morning over and over. One after the other these galaxies turn dead and wasted. I wonder what is the point? The more recent momments will be remembered when the funeral of Planetarion finally take place. And all I can think of is what a disgrace it all turned out to be.

Flame me do whatever, but truth to be told; you dont really believe there will be more rounds of Planetarion after this round?
This was posted in October 2003. Since that time we've had three rounds of Planetarion I think. Good prediction skillz!
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 07:34   #35
Troglodyte

Troglodyte is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems things dont change. One common tactic is, Bash the entire Gal and then use them as farms afterwards, waiting for the inactives to pop-up(is inevitable after bashing) is even better.

I still think the idea of once you have attacked a planet (or maybe enen an alliance... hmmm)you have to wait a set amount of ticks before you can attack them again. (it got declined, but i still think it was a good solution to continual bashing *shrug*)

Sorry for the repeated use of brackets

OR (copy and paste monster)

I really like the idea of honourable and dis-honourable attacks (wakey's idea)

If you have Honourable attacks, you ship stats improve,
if you have dis-honourable attacks, your ship stats worsten. (should stop bashing or attaking the lil ppl)

Last edited by Troglodyte; 19 Jan 2005 at 07:42.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 10:12   #36
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Stop bumping threads that are years old please. If you want to discuss a problem make a new thread that is more relevant.