User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 3 Aug 2007, 14:20   #1
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
F-Crew Round 23 Recruitement

Introduction

In a galaxy far far away and yet just around the corner, just to the right of the constellation with the incredibly humorous but unmentionable shape, lies the headquarters of a raiding band of strange misfits, a group so far removed from normality as to have scared even the participants of Celebrity Big Brother, a group known as….. [F-Crew]

The creation of this oddball group came about in the early days of space exploration, when everyone was still wondering what would happen if you wet yourself in zero gravity (A question answered when an anonymous astronaut had too much tequila at the after-orbit party, and who’s loose fitting boxers failed to contain the erroneous liquid causing the well known “yellow-out” of 2034) and if Elvis was still out there somewhere.

Mcdonalds had gone universal and its infamous “sewage coke” was now considered a delicacy on 3 planets. In the Farnborough branch of McD’s (a town disqualified from earth for shoving and subsequently relocated to Pluto) a small group of shifty looking individuals were sampling Saturn Supremes and discussing the rising hostilities between the various factions within the empire. Knowing citizens of dubious mental stability such as themselves would never be part of anything good within the giant corporations of the times, they devised a plan to create a small armed smuggling group utilising Farnborough as their base of operations. The 3 instigators of this disorganized rabble were Wakey, Mike and Bazz. Of these intrepid mongrels only 1 still lives today, biting, scratching and hair pulling in the name of [F-Crew]

History

[F-Crew] was originally formed as The Farnborough Crew back in R1 as the 3 founders had noticed a growing number of people in their college playing Planetarion and decided to group those people together under 1 tag. However the alliance began to steadily grow, and as its membership began to more and more resemble the cast of The Rocky Horror show, the requirement to be from Farnborough was dropped, and the name shortened to [F-Crew].

The alliance is now one of the longest running allies in the game along with ND (You lot always argue ) and is the only ally to play every single round uninterrupted, all the while led by its figurehead (and prime advertiser for using the yellow pages to reach eye-level) Wakey, otherwise known as Wakka Hamstah.

Leadership

So who are the commanders of this unearthly troop of deviants?

- Wakey aka Simon “Hamstah to the stars” Wakefield – IRC: Wakey or Wakey|afk
- Juice aka Mark “Liquid Crusader" O'Connor - IRC: Juice or Juice|Pub
- Imperial aka Steven “Useless Bastard" McCall - IRC: Imperial or imp|out or imp|sleep or imp|afk or imp|tired or imp|tv or imp|ps2
- Chef aka Duncan “so idle i embarrass myself" Hodgson- IRC: Chef

Along with their randy rebellion of rabid racoons they’ll be coming to a galaxy near you soon!

What We Offer
  • Daily Attacks (or as our targets call them “Free Salvage”)
  • An Experienced Officer Team (In what is a question we often ask)
  • A community of experienced, fun and easy going asylum escapees
  • A set of tools to increase your enjoyment (although not necessarily those around you)

What is expected?
  • Commitment and Loyalty We don’t want any Lindsay Lohan’s (Well Juice would if she brings the alcohol). If you check in you should be prepared to see out the full term.
  • Activity You should be on IRC whenever possible to partake in the deranged rambling of your fellow maniacs
  • Defence We require you to offer your ships for defence at all times. It’s the only social Interaction our DC’s get and its vital if they are ever going to be ready to renter society.
  • Attacks You are required to regularly take part in alliance attacks otherwise how else do you expect our targets to grow. The other alliances rely on your donations
  • Willingness to learn We need you to be willing to learn new tactics (such as prelaunching attacks 11 hours before launch time and more efficient crashing techniques) to more efficiently help the alliance

How to Apply

Take Leave of your sense and join us in #f-crew on irc.netgamers.org. Once there one of our psychotic ops (@ before name) or Gender Bending Voices (+ before name) will be able to help you out
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 3 Aug 2007 at 21:23.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 23:20   #2
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light
Re: F-Crew Round 23 Recruitement

ahhh yes, round XXIII - looking forward to this one, going to be good for us and lots of fun

btw wakey, i think you forgot to mention the bacon fettish.

-Imperial
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:51   #3
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

gl wakey and F-Crew. you forgot under "what we offer", to write that all members gets a chance to participate in the annual/roundly "lets defend Wakey when ROCK 20-waves him" :P

edit: 20-wave joke added
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 22:46   #4
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Gief R23 spot plx!

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 12:52   #5
MiniMoose

MiniMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

*whip* damnit furi come back, we were looking for you start of last round (GiR btw)

edit: by we i mean me zim and cead :P
MiniMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 13:36   #6
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

i was so close to ringing your work and asking for furi

awesome post wakey

-Cead

Last edited by Ceadrath; 6 Aug 2007 at 13:56.
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 20:17   #7
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Who would have thought it Wakey has a sense of humour. Talking of humour you back this round Furi?
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 00:42   #8
Zimra

Zimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to behold

Good luck next round F-Crew, nice recruitment thread for once too. Have a good Zim-free round, hopefully you'll do better without me sticking my unmentionables in the cogs of the machine!
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 00:43   #9
Graham
Colax

Graham is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck guys

R15 - Member - Heroes R16 - BC - Heroic R17 - HC - Heroic R18 - HC Advisor - Heroic R19 - HC - Heroic - Left and became a Viking! R19 - Member - TGV R20 - DC - TGV R21 - Member - TGV/ToF/SubH R22 - Member TGV R23 - Founded ASS - Alamo Space Smurfs with the HC team R24 - HC ASS - Alamo Space Smurfs
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 09:41   #10
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Alwasy enjoyable to read your Recruitment Posts

Good Luck!

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 18:56   #11
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

furious, howdy mate sorry missed your pm, come hunt me down on irc again fella
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 21:00   #12
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

I think the fact that there is a typo in the title of this thread says all it needs to really

<3 wakey

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 22:41   #13
[FC]Imperial

rofl - that says it all really eh chef
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 06:32   #14
DonTirri

DonTirri is an unknown quantity at this point

... I am not mentioned? Darnit.

To you here in the forums, i might be a new face, but within the crew, i am quite known

A first round rookie, got turned away from H-A, joined F-crew, thanks to that recruitment letter.

Now look at me, i am on the top three of F-crew score-leaders, top 15 in xp, GC in a gal nearing the top 100, which is good, remembering that he had like 3,4 actives for a good part of the first 700 ticks, AND i am a BC in the crew

So ppl, join up, and fe(ar/el) the bad jokes and the constant, yet amusing abuse laid to you by the HC's, and the BC's!

I am an F-crewer, and no matter what you ppl think of us, i am damn proud to be one!
DonTirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 09:02   #15
Juice
The liquid crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTirri
... I am not mentioned? Darnit.

To you here in the forums, i might be a new face, but within the crew, i am quite known

A first round rookie, got turned away from H-A, joined F-crew, thanks to that recruitment letter.

Now look at me, i am on the top three of F-crew score-leaders, top 15 in xp, GC in a gal nearing the top 100, which is good, remembering that he had like 3,4 actives for a good part of the first 700 ticks, AND i am a BC in the crew

So ppl, join up, and fe(ar/el) the bad jokes and the constant, yet amusing abuse laid to you by the HC's, and the BC's!

I am an F-crewer, and no matter what you ppl think of us, i am damn proud to be one!
That almost brought a tear to my eye, almost. Now get back in your cage, take some def calls and stop talking to ppl
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 12:55   #16
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
I think the fact that there is a typo in the title of this thread says all it needs to really

<3 wakey
Some things never change ^^

And to answer the fanboy questions -
Yea im playing next round, ROCK said they would have me xD

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 14:48   #17
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: F-Crew Round 23 Recruitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice
That almost brought a tear to my eye, almost. Now get back in your cage, take some def calls and stop talking to ppl
Losing your bottle opener brings a tear to your eye, so, the fact that someone wrote something which would make even the strongest stomach empty its contents would leave many who knew you running for their umbrellas

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2007, 01:30   #18
carld

carld is on a distinguished road

I've experienced 3 great rounds with F-Crew now and I highly recommend the Alliance to players of all experience levels. It is a good group of people with great senses of humor, who all take the game seriously. F-Crew gets the Carld seal of approval! (Aka, the equivalent of one Schrute Buck)
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 14:22   #19
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough

This'll be my second round back in F-Crew and I couldn't be happier here (as the people asking me to join Subh know ). I've always thought that it didn't really matter where alliances finish as long as the spirit of the game is there, and it's definitely fun to be in F-Crew People laugh at me because I'd rather be in an alliance like F-Crew where I can get along with all the people and have fun and have a laugh than in an alliance that wins but kicks people out if they make the slightest mishap.

Yes, maybe it's more for new players or less serious players than other alliances, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Also, I love bacon.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 14:28   #20
Rampyren

Yeah Smokeh that's true, I wasn't kicked even tho I was drunk several times! It's probably the only alliance I've heard of that wants us to have fun, so they don't mind the alcohol percentage in the chan
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 14:59   #21
Juice
The liquid crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampyren
Yeah Smokeh that's true, I wasn't kicked even tho I was drunk several times! It's probably the only alliance I've heard of that wants us to have fun, so they don't mind the alcohol percentage in the chan
Drunk on duty Rampyren, that's totally unacceptable, you'd never catch the others been in such a state
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 18:31   #22
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

good luck dudes and dudettes!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 08:11   #23
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

that's a brilliant recruitment post wakey makes me sad i was never a part of it
good luck to you guys!
Unread 25 Aug 2007, 19:55   #24
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road

Ah F-Crew, it's what PA was always meant to be about!
Unread 26 Aug 2007, 07:15   #25
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
that's a brilliant recruitment post wakey makes me sad i was never a part of it
good luck to you guys!
There is still time Aryn. Come and join our minions!

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 19:40   #26
Milkybar Kid

Milkybar Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned it recently and put up random posts on pa alliance forum, i cant get on irc out here the servers are blocking me out.

Whats the chances of letting me back Wakey|AFK (:P) etc?

cheers
Milkybar Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 16:16   #27
XillveR
X markes the spot

XillveR is an unknown quantity at this point

gl f-crew
R24 Orbit ToF HC
R25 Orbit member
R26-28 ToF HC
R29 Vengance member
R30-31 break
R32 Tides Of Vengance member
R33 ROCK member

XillveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 18:58   #28
Milkybar Kid

Milkybar Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

OK... so my thread got closed on the other forum thing through the pa main menu page, anyone watching this care to help out?

Anyone awake?

Milkybar Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 16:50   #29
[FC]Imperial

hey, speak to me on the Applicant thread we have on the forum.. we can discuss it further there.
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 23:30   #30
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck guys
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2007, 06:09   #31
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

hey guys..

i know i miss you in the last 3 rounds.. but let me know about r24.. i might find some free time and kick some hc butt for not getting enough def! lol
;-) , in truth i ll pop up once a while in the social room of f-crew.. so just keep up the spirit and have fun my friends..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 17:47   #32
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

<3

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 20:25   #33
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

prrrfffft

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 13:49   #34
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough

Come back to us Entropy, we miss you... *snuggle*
Unread 2 Nov 2007, 12:27   #35
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

i always knew you fancied me smokeh