User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 26 Aug 2008, 07:12   #1
ReLogic

ReLogic is an unknown quantity at this point
Planetarion on the Iphone

So, who has managed to get this to work, mine for some reason seems to be caching the login question with a different question from the answer relates to.

was just wondering if you've had problems on the iphone/ipod touch and if so how did you fix it.

I'm on the 2.0.2 software, 3G O2 iphone, tried clearing cache everytime, but no difference, deleted all apps to make sure nothing was interfereing, and that didnt work. Tried other captcha's but they worked fine...

it's an odd one.

Any help would be good as certain people seem to think its my phone thats broken : /
ReLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 11:13   #2
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about
Re: Planetarion on the Iphone

Well i can login normally with nokia n95 and nokia 6210. Just sometimes i need to clear the cache.
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 12:54   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it might be being cached on the network operators end though (forcing all users through a caching proxy) , for which you cant clear
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 12:59   #4
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I use my iPhone for PA too and have no problem at all.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 13:08   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

double check your time/date as well, it could be that the cookie is simply expiring which drops you back at the login page again
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 13:36   #6
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

o2 DO use a caching proxy, try using the new reload image button on the login screen after the first failed login attempt to get a new question, see if that works.

Just trying it on my iPhone (3G, o2 network) now

NetGamers Senior CSC Administrator
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 16:37   #7
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

works fine, if you look away from calcing...which is a bitch...and the fact that typing on irc sucks balls. it works as a back up for checking planet, but you can not play from it alone. I've lost net at home, so it's my only option...which leads to a 230k scoring planet
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 17:14   #8
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I have a first gen iphone ver 2.02 and I have discovered that I have to refresh the bot question to get one I can answer properly. Not sure exactly what causes it, but prior to the 2.02 update it worked just fine....

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 17:18   #9
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

i have a first gen iphone and it works fine for me. that said i havent updated it yet...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2008, 17:57   #10
ReLogic

ReLogic is an unknown quantity at this point

works now the reload image bit is added.

cheers whoever added that

<3
ReLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2008, 22:45   #11
Obli

Obli is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^ View Post
double check your time/date as well, it could be that the cookie is simply expiring which drops you back at the login page again
In my country this is the case due to a difference in bussines and "normal" data network (gprs/edge/umts/hsdpa). This varies per network aswell.
The chip in the Iphone actually messes up a lot of data networks (of other providers too!), because it's being too strong and it disturbs the borders of the data network coverage. Usually this is the case in countries where the Iphone was launched on a 1800/1900mhz network. I don't know how it works technically, but in order to cut down pending traffic, it seems that secure pages can't be logged in to. The same problem occours when trying to login to f.ex gmail.

Hardly ever is software the case for this problem. You could call your provider and ask if they can "upgrade" the coverage for data in your area. In most countries providers are to oblige when the customer asks for it. It's a service you pay for, etc...